PDA

View Full Version : Cobblestones this Saturday....

Cat Thief
03-01-2006, 03:38 PM
My boss pointed this out to me. Is anybody going?

http://www.cobblestonesmenu.com/28801.html

FRANK FORT
03-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Are they going to bring back Jimmy? If not, forget it.

Cat Thief
03-01-2006, 03:47 PM
In all my years I have never been there. Who is Jimmy?

D. TODD
03-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Sounds like a decent place to be. I've only been there once before a game. It was packed so I didn't eat, but the sandwiches looked awfully good. Carolina plays Duke on that day so I'm thinking maybe lunch at Cobblestones if it doesn't interfere with my Tarheels game.

D. TODD
03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Are they going to bring back Jimmy? If not, forget it. Who is this jimmy character, and why do you want him back?

Cat Thief
03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a decent place to be. I've only been there once before a game. It was packed so I didn't eat, but the sandwiches looked awfully good. Carolina plays Duke on that day so I'm thinking maybe lunch at Cobblestones if it doesn't interfere with my Tarheels game.

The Sox are on TV.

:gulp:

D. TODD
03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
The Sox are on TV.

:gulp:Spring training does not do much for me. I just pray that nobody gets hurt, and they get their work in. The games are pretty much meaningless, but I will watch from time to time. Carolina @ Duke as big as any regular season game in any sport year in year out.

miker
03-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Wait, all the Chicago media say that there are no restaurants around U.S. Cellular Field...:?:

bigfoot
03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Wait, all the Chicago media say that there are no restaurants around U.S. Cellular Field...:?:

There better be a large throng of Sox fans present at this party........or the Sunday Cubune will headline with,....

World Series Victory
Can't Help Sox
Attendance Problems!:rolleyes:

Parrothead
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Jimmy was a bartender there. A great guy and he knew everyone who went there. Cobblestones screwed up by getting rid of him.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Who is this jimmy character, and why do you want him back?

Jimmy's new in town. Jimmy doesn't know anybody.
http://www.starkecontrasts.com/gallery/jimmy.jpg

soxinem1
03-02-2006, 12:40 PM
If you buy about $10 of food, they let you park there free for the games, at least they used to when I lived around the corner. Since they have become increasingly famous they may have changed that.

rdwj
03-02-2006, 12:43 PM
If you buy about $10 of food, they let you park there free for the games, at least they used to when I lived around the corner. Since they have become increasingly famous they may have changed that.

I hope that doesn't change - that's my parking plan for the year!

Go early - grab a sandwich and a beer (and take one to go) - then go back after the game.

ewokpelts
03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
didnt you have to buy 'drink tokens" to park?
Gene

mandmandm
03-02-2006, 01:22 PM
"Drink tokens" were replaced with day of game only "drink tickets." $10 for parking get you $10 in drink tickets. Not done during home opener, Sox-Cubs, nor I think during the playoffs. At least during the playoffs the lot was filled up way before the games started. Supply and demand. Jimmy was a good guy but Maggie is also a real nice bartender/waitress.

rdwj
03-02-2006, 01:40 PM
"Drink tokens" were replaced with day of game only "drink tickets." $10 for parking get you $10 in drink tickets. Not done during home opener, Sox-Cubs, nor I think during the playoffs. At least during the playoffs the lot was filled up way before the games started. Supply and demand. Jimmy was a good guy but Maggie is also a real nice bartender/waitress.

I parked there for the playoffs - got there early, but no problem. On opening day, they charged $20 last year and you got no tickets.

FRANK FORT
03-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Jimmy was a good guy but Maggie is also a real nice bartender/waitress.

Maggie's nice overall, but she doesn't really talk sports, she's not your pal. I dare anyone to find something Jimmy didn't know about the Sox. See what I'm saying?

skottyj242
03-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Jimmy's new in town. Jimmy doesn't know anybody.
http://www.starkecontrasts.com/gallery/jimmy.jpg

You're the guy that took food out of Jimmy's mouth.

alohafri
03-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Jimmy was a bartender there. A great guy and he knew everyone who went there. Cobblestones screwed up by getting rid of him.

Jimmy was awesome! We went in there once after a Saturday night game a few years back. There were five of us...me, Mrs. Aloha, Mrs. Aloha's son (who I was HOPING would drive home), and a buddy and his then girlfriend, now wife. There were two or three other people in the bar at the time. As soon as they left, Jimmy hit a remote to lock the door, threw a 20 at my buddy and me to play the jukebox and asked what we wanted to drink, the BAR WAS BUYING. It was awesome!

Our own Torn Labrum admits that Jimmy is the only guy who knows more White Sox trivia than he does.

D. TODD
03-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Jimmy was awesome! We went in there once after a Saturday night game a few years back. There were five of us...me, Mrs. Aloha, Mrs. Aloha's son (who I was HOPING would drive home), and a buddy and his then girlfriend, now wife. There were two or three other people in the bar at the time. As soon as they left, Jimmy hit a remote to lock the door, threw a 20 at my buddy and me to play the jukebox and asked what we wanted to drink, the BAR WAS BUYING. It was awesome!

Our own Torn Labrum admits that Jimmy is the only guy who knows more White Sox trivia than he does. Sounds like a good barkeep. Here's to Jimmy:gulp:

mandmandm
03-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Jimmy hit a remote to lock the door, threw a 20 at my buddy and me to play the jukebox and asked what we wanted to drink, the BAR WAS BUYING. It was awesome!

I had similar occurances. Good times but that may have contributed to why Jimmy was shown the door.

cellmate63
03-05-2006, 11:32 AM

in defense of cobblestones right is right, would that be okay if it was your place?

Parrothead
03-05-2006, 02:46 PM
in defense of cobblestones right is right, would that be okay if it was your place?

Yes it would, because people went to the bar because of Jimmy and they get that money back. I have been there many times since he left and the amount of people in the place has declined. Once Jimmy even came in and it was like Cheers......Everyone yelled Jimmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy! Classic stuff.

Cat Thief
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM
The wife and I went there for the first time yesterday for their preseason party and we had a blast. Pat Benknowski was there doing some trivia and they had 3 raffles for Sox tickets. We scored a pair of box seats for the Sunday Red Cub game. Sec 125!

I don't know anything about what happened in the past but the owner and staff there made us feel like we have been going there for years. I did meet Jimmy and he bought the wife and I a drink. I tried to buy him one back but he was drinking pop. He said that he was putting the Irish to shame but there were enough of them to make up for his lack of drinking. Seems like a great guy.

Like I said, I don't know about the past but Cobblestones did go out and get this party put together. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't see any other bars in Bridgeport making any kind of effort to drum up some excitement about the 2006 season. For this reason alone I will be sure to stop in there for a couple cold ones during the season and playoffs. Also, for those who are always looking for parking this place is a good alternative.

I'm not trying to make a commercial for Cobblestones it's just that the wife and I had a blast and met some cool people.

:gulp: