PDA

View Full Version : El Duque To Start Vs. Sox

nug0hs
03-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned or not...but I saw in a little blurb today in the Tribune that El Duque will be starting for Arizona on Saturday against us. Game will be on WGN at 1:05 pm. Just thought I would throw this out there and let you all know.

Madvora
03-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Saturday already! Oh my god!

That's pretty cool. I can't help loving every single member of that team. I'll bet Sox fans that are at the game are going to give him a big ovation.

MERPER
03-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Every member of last year's team, including coaches, deserve to be loved and revered by all true White Sox fans for the rest of their lives.... I will applaud each and every one of them from now on NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IN THEIR CAREERS FROM HERE ON OUT... I also vowed to always buy them drinks if I ever run into them somewhere...

While I hope the White Sox build a dynasty and become the Yankees (in regards to number of championships) of the new millenium, the 2005 version were the first ones in 88 years to get it done... They are an immortal group and the springboard for the future...

If people can't acknowledge that and aren't willing to show their appreciation to the players on that team, I am hesitant to call them a "classy" Sox fan...

gobears1987
03-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah, everyone going there, give El Duque a cheer. Thank him for that Game 3 magic when he got us out of Marte's pile of ****.

Madvora
03-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, everyone going there, give El Duque a cheer. Thank him for that Game 3 magic when he got us out of Marte's pile of ****.
Right, I think Marte is the exception to my love. Hoever he did throw a scoreless inning or two in that WS game 3.

soxinem1
03-02-2006, 12:44 PM
I have nothing bad to say about Hernandez. He stabilized our rotation in the first two months of the season and was a main contributor to Contreras' turn-around, even though I suspect he is about 55-56 years old!!

And though I haven't been a fan of Marte for a few years, just think of a name from the past and see if you'd have rather had him in the post season:

http://www.geocities.com/vmnegron/agosto.jpg

palehozenychicty
03-02-2006, 12:47 PM
I have nothing bad to say about Hernandez. He stabilized our rotation in the first two months of the season and was a main contributor to Contreras' turn-around, even though I suspect he is about 55-56 years old!!

And though I haven't been a fan of Marte for a few years, just think of a name from the past and see if you'd have rather had him in the post season:

http://www.geocities.com/vmnegron/agosto.jpg

I think that El Duque will shut out the Yanks this year for us in the division series.