PDA

View Full Version : Hangar, this one's for you....

dcb56
03-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Anyone read this morning's Daily Quickie? Whoever edits it must also work for the Cubune:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/quickie

Spring Training
There's no official "Opening Day" for spring training, but before every team on the schedule takes the field tomorrow, the Rockies and the Cubs play today. Can't you feel the excitement?

(Over-under on the number of bad at-bats Juan Pierre gets before Cubs fans start griping: Two. Over-under on the number of jokes fans will make about Dusty Baker's handling of the pitching: Half-dozen.)

Chicken Dinner
03-01-2006, 10:15 AM
I emailed the idiots. I hope everyone else will too so they really know how stupid they are.

mjharrison72
03-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't really get it... I would think they would mention any two teams that were playing the first game of spring training. And I thought their jokes about Juan Pierre and Dusty Baker (and fickle Cubs fans) were funny.

Do you guys really have a problem with the way they mentioned this? They're making FUN of the Cubs!

EDIT: Fine, fine. I realize the problem now. I'm a dumbass. Let's move on. Nothing more to see here, folks.

Chicken Dinner
03-01-2006, 10:35 AM
I don't really get it... I would think they would mention any two teams that were playing the first game of spring training. And I thought their jokes about Juan Pierre and Dusty Baker (and fickle Cubs fans) were funny.

Do you guys really have a problem with the way they mentioned this? They're making FUN of the Cubs!

I'd call it bad reporting.

MarySwiss
03-01-2006, 10:37 AM

The Rockies are playing the Sox.

Tekijawa
03-01-2006, 10:38 AM
I bet half the crowd today is in Cubs gear today and half of those people won't realize what teams are playing... ever.

mjharrison72
03-01-2006, 10:39 AM
The Rockies are playing the Sox.
Oh, crap. :redface:

I am a
:dumbass:

SOXPHILE
03-01-2006, 10:39 AM

Rockies aren't playing the Cubs. They're playing the defending World Champs. Also, Cub fans are not fickle. Gullible is one of the words I would use.

MarySwiss
03-01-2006, 10:45 AM
I emailed the idiots. I hope everyone else will too so they really know how stupid they are.
I just e-mailed them as well. Knuckleheads.

Tekijawa
03-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Word out of pre-game is Derek Lee looks a little heavy and really pale for tonights game, and no signs of Wood or Prior throwing off the mound anywhere... Good news is Dusty has lost a lot of weight, but the weight loss seems to have effected his speech, the fans seem to approve of the new uniforms for this year too... Per Levine.

SOXPHILE
03-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Word out of pre-game is Derek Lee looks a little heavy and really pale for tonights game, and no signs of Wood or Prior throwing off the mound anywhere... Good news is Dusty has lost a lot of weight, but the weight loss seems to have effected his speech, the fans seem to approve of the new uniforms for this year too... Per Levine.

http://images.radcity.net/5176/584831.jpg
"Shut up Tekijawa ! Don't ever question my baseball knowledge, and insider info ! After all, it was I who broke the story about Furcal signing with the Cubs. With him at short this year, I guarantee 100 wins and a world series championship for my beloved Cubs. Yay !"

itsnotrequired
03-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Looks like the start to another "under the radar" season.:cool:

mrfourni
03-01-2006, 11:32 AM
http://images.radcity.net/5176/584831.jpg
"thut up Tekijawa ! Don't ever quethtion my batheball knowledge, and inthider info ! After all, it wath I who broke the thtory about Furcal thigning with the Cubth. With him at thort thith year, I guarantee 100 winth and a world therieth championthip for my beloved Cubth. Yay !"

fixed it

MarySwiss
03-01-2006, 07:11 PM

OMIGOD! I am pathetic! I cannot believe it took me this long to pick up on your incisive sarcasm, Tek.

Well done! :D: