PDA

View Full Version : Best food/drink at the Cell...

SOecks
02-28-2006, 12:58 PM
With the likelihood of so many new fans coming to the Cell this year, I'd like to start a listing of some of the best food and drink at Sox Park, both inside and out. Please also include good values that you have found and any tricks of the trade you'd like to share (if you can get premium beer for the same price as regular in the stands for instance). My favorite eats is definately Beltin Bill's Brats with a ton of kraut on top and mustard.

mjharrison72
02-28-2006, 01:00 PM
My favorite eats is definately Beltin Bill's Brats with a ton of kraut on top and mustard.
What, no ketchup? :D:

IlliniSox4Life
02-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Best Food - Kosher with grilled onions and mustard

Best Deal - Dollar Dog Day

That's all you need to know.

Chip Z'nuff
02-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Corn Off the cob with lime and butter.

skottyj242
02-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I sit behind the bull pen in left so I go to my girl Heather at the Beers of the World stand in the corner and get a nice cold Budweiser. On hot days she will always give me an extra cup half filled with ice to put the cup with beer in so the bottom half doesn't get warm. For food I like the corn off the cob in center field, sometimes it's behind first base. Jose knows just how I like it....with everything.

I really don't eat at the park too much, I usually grab something before I hop on the train or if we get there early we usually tailgate and grill.

The best meal I've had there was a couple of years ago when soxfan13 deep fried a turkey for our tailgate.

skottyj242
02-28-2006, 01:06 PM
What, no ketchup? :D:

How long before this turns into one of those threads again. Although ketchup in Chicago is supposedly a no-no, if you paid for it do whatever the heck you want to it.

Baby Fisk
02-28-2006, 01:07 PM
BBQ pork nachos. :drool:

Don't forget the churros!

doublem23
02-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Curly Fries at Sox Park are great, for some reason. As for drink, can't go wrong with an MGD.

doublem23
02-28-2006, 01:08 PM
How long before this turns into one of those threads again. Although ketchup in Chicago is supposedly a no-no, if you paid for it do whatever the heck you want to it.

I agree. If you can afford to have bad taste, knock your socks off. :tongue:

skottyj242
02-28-2006, 01:11 PM

Don't forget the churros!

That really sucks that they only have those in the club level, those are awesome. I also like that when you sit up there you get a bag of chips with everything. I always end up eating a couple of those because my friends don't eat them.

Baby Fisk
02-28-2006, 01:13 PM
That really sucks that they only have those in the club level, those are awesome. I also like that when you sit up there you get a bag of chips with everything. I always end up eating a couple of those because my friends don't eat them.
Oops, I didn't realize they were that exclusive. Cue the "can you access the BBQ pork nachos from the upper deck?" brawl...

mjharrison72
02-28-2006, 01:15 PM
I was just messing with SOecks... I gave him crap before because he listed "no ketchup" as a written-in-stone rule for attending a Sox game. :tongue:

Sad
02-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Kosher dog w/ caramelized onions & mustard
Corn off the cob - loaded
Steak pita w/ peppers & onions

that's my usual staples...

is there (gonna be) a steak pita stand in the UD?

mjharrison72
02-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Can anyone explain to the uninitiated what comes on the corn off the cob to make it "loaded" or with "the works?" Aside from butter, I guess I'm stumped.

Fungo
02-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Kosher with grilled onions and mustard & a beer

Super tacos aren't bad either and inexpensive

skottyj242
02-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Can anyone explain to the uninitiated what comes on the corn off the cob to make it "loaded" or with "the works?" Aside from butter, I guess I'm stumped.

Butter, mayo, chili powder, parmesean cheese, salt, pepper and lime I believe.

Chip Z'nuff
02-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Whoever came up with this thread is plain evil. How many days do we have to wait!

russ99
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
I sit behind the bull pen in left so I go to my girl Heather at the Beers of the World stand in the corner and get a nice cold Budweiser. On hot days she will always give me an extra cup half filled with ice to put the cup with beer in so the bottom half doesn't get warm.

You go to Beers of the World for Budweiser?!? :smile: Corona or German beer for me.

For food, I always go for the Polish with grilled onions and dark mustard, a order of the curly fries (different stand) and for dessert, I'd walk around the park for some chocolate Dippin Dots. Churros are my second choice, first choice in cold weather :)

guyinleftfield
02-28-2006, 01:43 PM
I totally dig the Kosher dogs. I cannot wait to get that smell in my nose again. Come'on April !!!!!:rolleyes:

SOecks
02-28-2006, 01:43 PM
I was just messing with SOecks... I gave him crap before because he listed "no ketchup" as a written-in-stone rule for attending a Sox game. :tongue:

I know, not a problem :smile:. I even had to edit my initial post because the whole stinking thread turned into the "don't tell me what to put on my food" debate which was not my intent. I ended up accidentally hijacking my own thread by accident I guess:redneck.

SOecks
02-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Whoever came up with this thread is plain evil. How many days do we have to wait!

According to mlb.com we have to wait 33 days, 4 hours, 18 minutes, and 11..10..9...seconds.

skottyj242
02-28-2006, 01:47 PM
You go to Beers of the World for Budweiser?!? :smile: Corona or German beer for me.

Believe it or not St. Louis is a part of this world. :D:

Tekijawa
02-28-2006, 01:52 PM
I can't go to a game without my Pregame Nachos with extra hot pepers and a bottle of Pepsi! mmmmmmmmmmmmm my mouth just watered thinking about it! hurry up 4/4!

Tekijawa
02-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Believe it or not St. Louis is a part of this world. :D:

Yeah somewhere around the Armpit... Pittsburgh would be the other Armpit... New yourk would be the ******* because that's where they all live!

skottyj242
02-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah somewhere around the Armpit... Pittsburgh would be the other Armpit... New yourk would be the ******* because that's where they all live!

The world has a really messed up body.

robiwho
It was a glorious day when Beers of the World started carrying Guinness. Just when I thought Sox baseball couldn't get any better. :gulp:

Sox83Kid

It's actually called elotes, and if you got it in Pilsen, it would come with butter and mayonnaise--delicioso!

areilly
02-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Best foods:
- Polish
- Quesadillas
- Nachos
- Connie's pizza

Best drink:
- MGD for the adults here, lemon ice for the kids (is that even a drink?)

Best value:
- Dollar Dogs, without question

Tekijawa
02-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Brownies on the Club Level are pretty good too, if they only had about a gallon of milk to drink with them!

pdimas
02-28-2006, 02:03 PM
I always start out with an ice cold Beck's from beers of the world. But there have been some really hot days where the beer started to cake to the side of my cup and there was nothing that could quench my thirst. It was on one such day that I remembered the ICEES served out in right field. Honestly when its so hot and nothing else works I am not ashamed to say that a cherry icee is where its at. I even turned my buddies into believers.

As far as food goes well I guess it depends on what I have a taste for. Corn off the cobb is definitely up there. Usually my dad will pull out the grill and we'll have something to eat in the parking lot so at the park im good with a bag of peanuts. Fischer ones are my favorite. Salted peanuts go great with beer.

BainesHOF
02-28-2006, 02:04 PM
While the food at the Cell is great for ballpark food, I think it's overrated. The food at old Comiskey killed the current food in taste, selection and price.

pdimas
02-28-2006, 02:05 PM
It's actually called elotes, and if you got it in Pilsen, it would come with butter and mayonnaise--delicioso!

Now if we could only get them to server mangos with lime and chili powder in the park then we would be set :tongue:

SweetnesSox
02-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Why is everyone overlooking the funnel cakes? Ahh with powdered sugar... and chocolate! I wish I could afford more tickets :whiner:

SOecks
02-28-2006, 02:07 PM
While the food at the Cell is great for ballpark food, I think it's overrated. The food at old Comiskey killed the current food in taste, selection and price.

Yeah, the steak sandwiches at Old Comiskey were incredible when I was a kid. Not nearly as good now but I still think food at the Cell is way better than at other ball parks. Especially if you contrast it with Wrigley where they somehow manage to make Nachos taste bad. I thought that was impossible but they proved me wrong.

dagame2005
02-28-2006, 02:13 PM
The best drink has to be Goose Island Octoberfest from the beers of the world. The reasoning being if they are serving octoberfest beer think of what kind of game it is!:smile:

D. TODD
02-28-2006, 02:22 PM
It's actually called elotes, and if you got it in Pilsen, it would come with butter and mayonnaise--delicioso! I can't agree with the elotes at the cell. They are o.k., but nowhere near what I am use to from the street vendors I usually get them from. They don't load it up even half as much as I'm use to. Elotes great, from the cell I'll pass.

MUsoxfan
02-28-2006, 02:24 PM
The Roast Beef sandwiches that come with a pile of Jay's chips at the stand near section 110 are hard to beat.

D. TODD
02-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Nachos with extra cheese and extra, extra jalapenos.

A brat or Polish with EVERYTHING.

A few mgd to wash everthing down.

skottyj242
02-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Whatever happened to the great Mai Tai's they used to have a couple of years ago? They had them at a couple of places, the only place they have them now is in the bar and they taste horrible. If it's a hot day and I'm sitting in the sun I'll drink the frozen strawberry margaritas.

roylestillman
02-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Corn Beef on Rye with mounds ofchips and a pickle! Right Field Corner, best in the park. At this same stand is the most bizzare food - the mini deep fried tacos, that taste suspiciously like the old Jack-in-the-Box tacos.

Chip Z'nuff
02-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Alcoholics tip:
When getting the Frozen maragarita ask the vendor to come by when he hits the bottom of the barrel.

starboy0
02-28-2006, 02:54 PM
1) Corn loaded is definitely great and

2) The quesadillas with salsa and jalapenos from Coachs' Corner is great too

Our food is SO SUPERIOR (choice wise and taste wise) to the food from that other ball park in town!

mjharrison72
02-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Corn Beef on Rye with mounds ofchips and a pickle! Right Field Corner, best in the park. At this same stand is the most bizzare food - the mini deep fried tacos, that taste suspiciously like the old Jack-in-the-Box tacos.
I ordered those mini-tacos once, and was really disappointed. Like folded-up corn chips with meat inside, and there were only a few.

I need to get my hands on one of these steak pitas... I usually dwell in the upper deck, where the elusive pita rarely lurks. :lurkers

rookieroy
02-28-2006, 03:00 PM

You are right and could not have said it better myself! You left out the cold MGD's. That is where I am most games.

heeman31
02-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Koscher of course, wash it down with a PBR.

DumpJerry
02-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Burnt Polish, plain.
Can't get enough of them!

SOecks
02-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Burnt Polish, plain.
Can't get enough of them!

Good point. Polish sausages are so much better when they're nice and crispy. I can't stand them when not cooked enough. Gyros are the same way. Much better if the meat is cut off and then grilled for a bit. Brings the flavor out.

dcb56
02-28-2006, 03:18 PM
The best meal is the one you fix yourself. Tailgating is way to go!

russ99
02-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Whatever happened to the great Mai Tai's they used to have a couple of years ago? They had them at a couple of places, the only place they have them now is in the bar and they taste horrible. If it's a hot day and I'm sitting in the sun I'll drink the frozen strawberry margaritas.

Eww. Next, you'll be waxing nostalgic about Yago Sangria.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Two Well Done Kosher Dogs with Grilled Onions, Nachos, 2 (or 4) Ice Cold Budweisers from Beers Around the World and a Strawberry Churros for desert. It is Fat Tuesday after all!

DannyCaterFan
02-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Give me a cold beer and a grilled Kosher dog (w/ketchup) and I am in heaven.

Mohoney
02-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Steak pita. End of discussion!:redneck

southsidesoxfan1
02-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Best food:

1.brat w/ kraut and brown mustard
2.kosher dog w/ grilled onions n' mustard
3.cheddarwurst w/ kraut n' mustard

Best value:
1. anything from the cuervo cantina (everything is huge and pretty cheap)

Best drink:
1.Heineken from beers of the world
2.Long Island from the skyline bar (worth every penny)
3.Margarita

Best dessert:
1.anything from the dessert cart on the club level
2.churros
3.ice cream sammwich

:gulp:

Realist
02-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Burnt Polish with burnt onions and mustard is my all time favorite.

The chicken "tacos" at what used to be called the Cuervo Cantina in straight away center field are the best deal for the money. They're more the size of little burritos and think they're only $3.50 or something like that.

I discovered the steak sammich last year. It's pretty good but they put American cheese on 'em. :?: This season I'm going to order the steak sammich w/grilled onions and then slap on my own smuggled in mozzerella cheese.

The corned beef sammich in the right field corner is really good, but once again I'm gonna have to smuggle in my own swiss cheese for those babies.

Professor
02-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I can't watch a baseball game without sunflower seeds and/or peanuts. There is an inherent connection between those snacks and baseball to me.

Jerko
02-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Steak pita. End of discussion!:redneck

I've never tried the steak pita. I'll make a point of it this season. :smile:

ws05champs
02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
In the park:

1. Jumbo Kosher smothered in onions and mustard
2. Chicken Sandwich (ask for mayo)
3. Brat with onions and ketchup
4. Italian sausage with peppers and ketchup

Outside of the park:

When my wife and I went to look at our season ticket seats over the winter we stumbled across Maxwell Street Pork Chop Sandwiches. It's at 31st and Canal. Comes with onions and fries, is under $3.00 and is delicious.

I really should not be contributing to this thread before dinner.

CPditka
02-28-2006, 07:08 PM
You guys are all nuts. The best food and value is Maxwell St stand on 31st just a few blocks from the stadium. That place is the single best food option for sox games. Not only is it a multiple stop affair but its so good and so cheap. You can get your hot dog, polish, dbl cheese, pork sandwhich (all come with fries) and a pop for like $2.50-$3.50. Its so good sometimes we make multiple stops both before and after the game. Mmmmmm I can imagine it alrady on those warm summer nights.

Martinigirl
02-28-2006, 07:18 PM
The Roast Beef sandwiches that come with a pile of Jay's chips at the stand near section 110 are hard to beat.

I love the corned beef there. Ummm, so good.

And I can't explain it, but the snack mix at the bar in the Stadium Club is amazing.

AZChiSoxFan
02-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Give me a cold beer and a grilled Kosher dog (w/ketchup) and I am in heaven.

:o: You're not a real Sox fan!!! How dare you even show up at USCF?!?!?

ZachAL
02-28-2006, 07:46 PM
I gotta go with the Kosher dog. Does anyone else agree that the Chico Carrasquel Kosher Dogs/Polish stand behind home plate is the best in the park? I swear I will walk further just to make it to that specific stand. Also dollar dog days is an amazing deal, but not for the dollar hot dogs the venders carry, but rather the reduced price ones on the concourse.

TornLabrum
02-28-2006, 08:10 PM
In no particular order:

Corned beef with chips & pickle spear
Steak sandwich with grilled onions & secret sauce
Egg roll
Connie's pizza
Steak pita with grilled onions & peppers
Kosher dog with grilled onions & mustard
Italian beef with hot giarenara
Strawberry churro

Chip Z'nuff
02-28-2006, 08:18 PM
You guys are all nuts. The best food and value is Maxwell St stand on 31st just a few blocks from the stadium. That place is the single best food option for sox games. Not only is it a multiple stop affair but its so good and so cheap. You can get your hot dog, polish, dbl cheese, pork sandwhich (all come with fries) and a pop for like $2.50-$3.50. Its so good sometimes we make multiple stops both before and after the game. Mmmmmm I can imagine it alrady on those warm summer nights.

Ah yes Maxwell St Depot. You'll be standing in line for, say a cheesburger, polish & a hot dog, with 5 guys in front of you, you'll start hearing the people in front of you...
Gimme 10 burgers, 5 hot dogs 2 polish
Gimme 5 polish, 2 dogs 4 burgers
by the time they get to you your simple order just went from 1 burger to 3 burgers 1 hot dog to 4 hot dogs and 1 polish to three polishes
Amazing business marketing right there.

Oh yeah they refuse to put ketchup on anything, if you ask they will only point to the end of the counter where a single lonely ketchup bottle sits, and you must shamefully unwrap your food and put ketchup on your food in front of everyone (i've done it anyway though)

LongLiveFisk
02-28-2006, 08:22 PM
I love the chocolate-filled churros and the nachos, as long as you don't get stuck with the really salty batch of chips. Those are nasty.

chisoxfanatic
02-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Best food: Churros and nachos
Best drink: Lemonade vodka mixer

NSSoxFan
02-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Best food = churros
Best drink = churros

Brian26
02-28-2006, 08:47 PM
- Connie's pizza

I like the Connie's there, but it always seems like the slices are cold or just barely warm when I get them.

Brian26
02-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Nachos with extra cheese and extra, extra jalapenos.

Has anyone ever ordered the Ultimate Nachos when sitting in the club level? It blows away the regular nachos....it is loaded, and it's huge.

SOXSINCE'70
02-28-2006, 08:56 PM
My Sox Park Must Haves:

-At least 1 Kosher hot dog with onions.Don't need ketchup
or mustard;the hot dog's fattening enough.
-Oatmeal Raisin Sportschip cookie
- chocolate/vanilla swirl waffle cone
- lemon chill
- curly fries:cool:

SOXintheBURGH
02-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Has anyone ever ordered the Ultimate Nachos when sitting in the club level? It blows away the regular nachos....it is loaded, and it's huge.

Lord have mercy... I only had club level seats once last season and the Ulimate Nachos were incredible.

Soxfanspcu11
02-28-2006, 09:23 PM

Holy crap!!! That is AMAZING!!!! If Comiskey had a drive-thru I would be getting dinner there EVERY night!!!

Anyone know where you can get Nachos like that from a fast food place or something??? They are SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

DannyCaterFan
02-28-2006, 09:25 PM
42 years of being a loyal Sox fan, through thick and thin, entitles me to eat ketchup on whatever i want at USCF. If you don't like it, then stay away from the Ketchup dispenser !

:o: You're not a real Sox fan!!! How dare you even show up at USCF?!?!?

chisox77
02-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Let's see, I always front-load, well before the game. Tailgating is great, but on days that I rely on ballpark fare, I have eaten and savored (but not at once, the list covers many visits to Comiskey/The Cell):

A slice of Connie's Pizza
An Italian Beef Sandwich
A Corned Beef Sandwich with chips and a pickle
A Brat smothered with grilled onions and mustard
A ballpark hot dog with lots of chopped onions and mustard
Curly Fries
Chicken Strips
A cold Pepsi
A Lemon Chill
A Dove Bar
An Ice Cream Sandwich w/large and soft chocolate chip cookies
An occasional MGD
More Cold Pepsi
Bag of Peanuts

Of course, I sampled other ballpark foods at The Cell, but these are my faves. With thoughts of White Sox baseball and the great food that goes with it, it's Ash Wednesday tomorrow.

:smile:

epgalsoxfan
02-28-2006, 10:20 PM
kosher dogs w/ onions is the best

excluding dollar dog day best value in the park is corned beef or roast beef with chips and pickle for 5.25....last stand before you go out to right field :)

ChiSoxGirl
02-28-2006, 10:36 PM
I absolutely LOVE the huge cheese quesadilla that you can buy either out in center field (near the Fan Deck) or around Sec. 110. It's not only loaded with cheese and is literally the size of the plate, but they smother it with salsa, lettuce, jalapenos, and tomatoes- YUM! All that for only $2.50!

My runner-up would be the nachos in the clear, plastic container with one side filled with cheese and the other with salsa that you can buy around Sec. 110 (along with that awesome quesadilla). While I love nachos, I also love chips & salsa, so that's a great combination for only $4.50 or $4.75.

Both options are a cheap way for me to eat and leave the ballpark full!

ClaudelSleptHere
02-28-2006, 10:47 PM

chocolate Dippin Dots :)

Did you know that Dippin' Dots have been advertised as "the ice cream of the future" for fifteen years now? I can't wait for the future.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-28-2006, 11:03 PM

Love all the love for Maxwell Street. I made my choice on what I eat at the ballpark on Dollar Hot Dog Thursday ($2.50 Koshers, Peanuts / Nachos and a few Budweisers). Most other games I hit the Maxwell Street stand and than have a few beers and peanuts at the game (the plan for Opening Night).

Maxwell Street - YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Edward
03-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Nothing better than a couple polish with extra grilled onions and mustard... and about 10 miller lites to wash it all down :gulp: it will all taste so much better this year being able to watch the champs at the same time :cool:

Sad
03-01-2006, 07:36 AM
anybody ever tried the food at that little stand near Lot G ?
it's on 35th & Normal(?)... other side of tracks...

I'm usually tailgating in that lot but looks like they've had some customers lined up there in the past

Bobbo35
03-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Come on the best food at the cell is the polish dog with grilled onions and a cold miller lite while waiting for the game to start. It is a tradition with me.

deals....dollar dog thursday's.

rdwj
03-01-2006, 08:56 AM
The best dog near the park is that hot dog cart that used to sit on 37th and Parnell - they were the absolute best and CHEAP 1.50 a dog!

I don't know what happened to then last year - they're not there anymore :(:

Anybody know what happened???

skottyj242
03-01-2006, 10:15 AM
anybody ever tried the food at that little stand near Lot G ?
it's on 35th & Normal(?)... other side of tracks...

I'm usually tailgating in that lot but looks like they've had some customers lined up there in the past

It used to be a taco joint and it was awesome. I used to go there for lunch if I had to go and pick up tickets at will call. I don't know if they changed owners or just the format but it's a hamburger place now, haven't been there though.

skottyj242
03-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Has anyone ever done the grand slam at a game before? The kosher dog, brat, polish and italian all in the same game? There's no way in heck I would be able to do it but I have heard people do it.

Chip Z'nuff
03-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Has anyone ever done the grand slam at a game before? The kosher dog, brat, polish and italian all in the same game? There's no way in heck I would be able to do it but I have heard people do it.

Maybe not during a buerhle game but during a nationaly televised extra inning affair I may take a run at it.

kninchicago
03-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Food and baseball go hand in hand IMO.

For tailgaiting, I love hot dogs, Jewel store bought taco dip (seriously...it's addictive particularly if you heat it up), potato salad, this year I am hoping to branch out and make chili ahead of time and bring it in thermoses for cold spring games, and I have some spice rubs I'd like to put on steaks on the grill too.

For inside the ball park, I say you can't beat a cheddarwurst. I am also a big fan of the margarita man. Whoever posted above that if you're a boozehound you should hit him at the bottom of the pack wasn't kidding. One night he gave me a drink with the tail end of his supply. It was like getting 3/4 glass of booze and 1/4 mixer. Only margarita I needed that night!

Only one month left, folks. Good thing we have ST to tide us over.

skottyj242
03-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Last year for a tailgate one night we got flat Italian sausages, put some mozzarela cheese and red sauce on them....they were the bomb.

sullythered
03-01-2006, 10:47 AM

I haven't ever done it, but I'm sure I could and will certainly try. I'm not exactly svelt, though.

As far as best foods at the Cell go, I'd go with Brat w/ Kraut, Miller Lite, Corned Beef Sangy, and Chocolate Churros.

Also, just talking about this stuff makes me realize how much I can't friggin' wait for the season to start so I can be there for opening day. Let's Go White Sox!

Cat Thief
03-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Food and baseball go hand in hand IMO.

For tailgaiting, I love hot dogs, Jewel store bought taco dip (seriously...it's addictive particularly if you heat it up), potato salad, this year I am hoping to branch out and make chili ahead of time and bring it in thermoses for cold spring games, and I have some spice rubs I'd like to put on steaks on the grill too.

For inside the ball park, I say you can't beat a cheddarwurst. I am also a big fan of the margarita man. Whoever posted above that if you're a boozehound you should hit him at the bottom of the pack wasn't kidding. One night he gave me a drink with the tail end of his supply. It was like getting 3/4 glass of booze and 1/4 mixer. Only margarita I needed that night!

Only one month left, folks. Good thing we have ST to tide us over.

Jewel taco dip kicks ass. Too bad it is so expensive.

sullythered
03-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Jewel taco dip kicks ass. Too bad it is so expensive.

Oh yeah. I'm gonna go pick up some Jewel taco dip later on today, now. I prefer it cold, though.

And yes, I have consumed an entire package (the bigger one) in one sitting.

kninchicago
03-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Every time I go to Jewel, I eye that dip. I only buy it for games though because it definetly ain't cheap. I'm going to figure out how to make something similar in the hopes it'll be cheaper.

spiffie
03-01-2006, 11:06 AM
No, but I have hit the inside the park homerun of the Kosher Dog, Polish, Corn Dog, and Cheddarwurst all in one game.

If I had about 5 boxes of Pepcid, a 4 hour game, and hadn't eaten for 3 days on a decently warm but not hot summer night I would consume:
-Kosher Dog (WITH KETCHUP!)
-Polish
-Cheddarwurst
-Corn Dog
-Slice of Sausage Pizza
-Curly Fries
-Nachos
-Popcorn
-Chocolate Churro
-Ice Cream Sundae
-Lemon Ice (Those things are wonderful on hot days)
-Cherry Icee
-Pepsi
-Strawberry Margarita

Oh, and the loaded nachos in club level...awesomeness. I have to get tickets to a game up there this year at some point just for the nachos. And the foot long polish.

WSox8404
03-01-2006, 11:48 AM
My personal favorite is the Taco Salad. For 4.00 or whatever it is it actually fills me up almost to the point of being stuffed. You can't beat that.

skottyj242
03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
There were a couple that used to sit in front of us that would always bring Subway sandwiches into the park with them and I always thought that was a pretty good idea.

Sad
03-01-2006, 12:34 PM

almost... I came up 1 brat short...
and I always thought that was referred to as "Eating for the Cycle" :dunno:
it is in my world anyways :redneck

itsnotrequired
03-01-2006, 12:43 PM
almost... I came up 1 brat short...
and I always thought that was referred to as "Eating for the Cycle" :dunno:
it is in my world anyways :redneck

I did it at Miller Park last year when the Sox played there for exhibition. It isn't as hard as it sounds.

LongLiveFisk
03-01-2006, 03:30 PM
My personal favorite is the Taco Salad. For 4.00 or whatever it is it actually fills me up almost to the point of being stuffed. You can't beat that.

Really? Which stand has that? I didn't know they had taco salads there. :D:

lunchbox
03-01-2006, 04:22 PM
I take it nobody else here has ever eaten for the cycle?
Single: Bratwurst
Double: Polish
Triple: Italian
Put it on the board...yes: Kosher Dog

Guaranteed to ruin the game for those around you

AZChiSoxFan
03-01-2006, 04:45 PM
42 years of being a loyal Sox fan, through thick and thin, entitles me to eat ketchup on whatever i want at USCF. If you don't like it, then stay away from the Ketchup dispenser !

Dude, I wrote it in teal.

RadioheadRocks
03-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Why is everyone overlooking the funnel cakes? Ahh with powdered sugar... and chocolate! I wish I could afford more tickets :whiner:

FUNNEL CAKES!!!!!!!!!!!! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Brian26
03-01-2006, 08:17 PM
I take it nobody else here has ever eaten for the cycle?
Single: Bratwurst
Double: Polish
Triple: Italian
Put it on the board...yes: Kosher Dog

Guaranteed to ruin the game for those around you

I thought it was called Sausages-Around-The-World.

I did it last year on Opening Day fairly easily...didn't eat breakfast before heading down to the Cell.

Huisj
03-01-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm a kosher dog guy myself. To celebrate the start of spring training games today, I bought a package of Best Kosher Franks and grilled a couple for lunch. Very tasty.

soxjim
03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
The kosher dog with grilled onions.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-01-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm a funnel cake man. I get the hot fudge even when it's 98 out. I make a fool out of myself when I eat it. When I'm done I stand up with powdered sugar all over my clothes and proclaim: "And thus it was good."

brucefan34
03-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Kosher dog with grilled onions...dunking each bite in your beer, ala oreos and milk! Don't knock it until you try it!!!:gulp:

alohafri
03-02-2006, 08:43 AM
You can hardly go wrong with anything at the Cell, but my favorites are the Kosher dogs, curly fries, bratwurst, Miller Lite, the Bullpen Bar has a great burger, and the cheese fries in the Stadium Club are awesome!

Mrs. Aloha swears by the Super Taco in the right field corner.

WSox8404
03-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Really? Which stand has that? I didn't know they had taco salads there. :D:

It's one of the stand down the right field line. It is where they also sell the corned beef sandwiches. I am telling you, if you want to save more money for beer like we all do, then this is the way to go. This and a hot dog fills me up. I forget the name of the stand though. And it's not in a shell or anything. It is in a plastic container with the bottom lined with tortilla chips with all the ingredients put on top. Quite tasty.

skottyj242
03-02-2006, 10:39 AM
I like the burgers and ribs in the patio area for parties.

swanson24
03-02-2006, 10:42 AM
The food all over the park is great. I particularly like the corned beef on rye, super tacos, steak pitas and Connie's pizza. Dessert is usually a churro or a helmet sundae. Oh man I wish it were opening day already!

Dadawg_77
03-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Pork Nacho are a God send. Last year, I bought Club level tickets to several games just to buy those.

Hey does anyone have tickets in Club level and be willing to smuggle out pork nachos?

Steak Pitas are great too.

Rounding_Third
03-02-2006, 11:50 AM
My favorite eats is definately Beltin Bill's Brats with a ton of kraut on top and mustard.

Brat is king, for sure. The mustard has to be spicy brown, with kraut, and don't forget the sauteed onions. Wash it down with an Amstel. I love to get to the park when the gates open, get a fresh brat & beer, and eat while absorbing the pregame activities - pure baseball heaven!

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I love to get to the park when the gates open, get a fresh brat & beer, and eat while absorbing the pregame activities - pure baseball heaven!

No doubt. Getting to the park early is the best. No lines, very little crowd noise, open feeling in your seat, etc. Some of my favorite moments during the season.

comet2k
03-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Kosher with grilled onions and mustard & a beer

Super tacos aren't bad either and inexpensive

I have yet to find any food or drink at USCF that is "inexpensive." :D:

I have to go now. I can feel my arteries slamming shut just from reading this thread.

DaBears
03-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Steak Pitas and Mexican Corn....mmmmm...is it 4/2/06 yet??

Hoffdaddydmb
03-02-2006, 10:46 PM
A brat from Beltin' Bill Meltons with sauteed onions and spicy brown mustard, with a heineken and of course some churros. My mouth is watering at the thought! :D:

0o0o0
03-03-2006, 01:14 AM
in an attempt to not make this the longest post ever, i'll just have to say the kosher dogs and funnel cakes with everything else a close second. except cotton candy. that stuff is just bad.

hdog1017
03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
The Polish Sausage is king, with tons of grilled onions. I don't put anything on it (i.e no ketchup, catsup, or mustard). I just let the sausage juice do its thing.

D. TODD
03-03-2006, 10:39 AM
The Polish Sausage is king, with tons of grilled onions. I don't put anything on it (i.e no ketchup, catsup, or mustard). I just let the sausage juice do its thing. Sausage juice.:o:

Boozer
03-03-2006, 11:49 AM
The Polish Sausage is king, with tons of grilled onions. I don't put anything on it (i.e no ketchup, catsup, or mustard). I just let the sausage juice do its thing.

Lol, yeah, I like it the same way. The Steak Pitas and a bunch of cold brews are a must too!:gulp:

DannyCaterFan
03-03-2006, 02:55 PM
My father, a lifelong Sox fan himself, born in 1910, passed away in 1999. He is rolling over in his grave knowing that I am paying something like $3.50 for a bottle of water!

tick53
03-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Bratwurst and Beers of the World :gulp:

LongLiveFisk
03-03-2006, 05:34 PM
The Polish Sausage is king, with tons of grilled onions. I don't put anything on it (i.e no ketchup, catsup, or mustard).

Is there a difference between ketchup and catsup? :D:

mzol11
03-04-2006, 11:24 AM
The best dessert is stopping off at El Fero in summit for a victory burritto!!
Make sure you grab a bucket of hot peppers. :tongue:

tony1972
03-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Connie's Pizza
Churro's
Beer (I know it's not food) :?:

Gadfly
03-04-2006, 01:45 PM

Don't forget the churros! "Canada's biggest import is Yanks looking for prescriptions. Canada's biggest export is Tundra. 20% of all Canadians are White Sox fans or future White Sox fans. Speed up the process. Send them some churros."

MVP
03-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Everything is good at the Cell, but the Best Kosher polish with grilled onions and mustard can't be beat.

Kwrubac
03-08-2006, 10:40 AM
All of you have been talking up the food on the club level soo much that I had to get tickets there for the ring ceremony! I do have that thing called class, but Sox fans must learn to sacrifice for their team! I can't wait!!! By the way since this has turned into another ketchup fiasco, I put it turkey, chicken, steaks, hot dogs, etc...My family never lets me hear the end of it, but it's the red god and I bow before its almighty flavor.

:dtroll:

WSox8404
03-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Looks like all the new posters have converged on this thread.