PDA

View Full Version : not the real trophy

Rowandws33
02-27-2006, 11:38 PM
does anyone think that this is not the real World Series trophy on tour... The only reason i say this is because a friend of mine has picture on her myspace with the trophy at her house at my University...It got me to thinking would the Sox really put the real trophy on tour. Considering what ozzie had to go through to get it to vez. i understand it in a diff country but something seems off to me.... got the pic if anyone wants proof..

NSSoxFan
02-27-2006, 11:46 PM
does anyone think that this is not the real World Series trophy on tour... The only reason i say this is because a friend of mine has picture on her myspace with the trophy at her house at my University...It got me to thinking would the Sox really put the real trophy on tour. Considering what ozzie had to go through to get it to vez. i understand it in a diff country but something seems off to me.... got the pic if anyone wants proof..

Didn't you hear that Hangar has the real one?

Rowandws33
02-27-2006, 11:50 PM
who is that??

kittle42
02-28-2006, 12:05 AM

Where's that tinfoil guy?

Chisox003
02-28-2006, 12:13 AM
You're hammered.

:gulp:

Rowandws33
02-28-2006, 12:23 AM
just though this would upset my fellow Sox fan but i guess its no big deal to you guys. that people r doing whatever they fell like with that trophy that took us 88 years to get back..

koch44
02-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Why did they bring the trophy to Aspen Court?

Rowandws33
02-28-2006, 12:52 AM
i dont know a friend of a friend sent the pick to me??

TheOldRoman
02-28-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm guessing your friend knows one of the trophy handlers, and they did him/her a favor by swinging by with the trophy when they were in the area. I don't see this as sacrilege.

BTW, either that is the real trophy or the Marlins' firesale was more extensive than we though. Maybe it ended up on ebay?

kittle42
02-28-2006, 01:44 AM
just though this would upset my fellow Sox fan but i guess its no big deal to you guys. that people r doing whatever they fell like with that trophy that took us 88 years to get back..

Hockey players have urinated in the Stanley Cup (or allowed someone else to do so).

D. TODD
02-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Hockey players have urinated in the Stanley Cup (or allowed someone else to do so). I wouldn't expect anything less from hockey players.

UofCSoxFan
02-28-2006, 02:34 PM
I really don't care a ton about the actual physical trophy......although it is cool, what is really exciting is what the trophy represents, and no one can dsigrace that (not that I reallyl think the trophy has been disgraced anyways).

SoxFan76
02-28-2006, 02:47 PM
i dont know a friend of a friend sent the pick to me??

You'd probably get a little more credibility if you could spell and use proper grammar.

schmitty9800
02-28-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't care, the trophy's just a symbol. It was first awarded in 1967...does that make the championships before that meaningless?

The first time I remembered what the trophy even looked like was when Costanza drove around with it in the parking lot...

soxfanaticpaulie
02-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Actually, I think it is the actual WS Trophy that they cart around. Now, none of you are going to believe this story, but you should because the sources are good.

The owner of my girlfriend's company is a Scout Seat Season Ticket holder. 2nd row dead behind home plate, you can see the seats on every pitch on TV. These things cost about $30k a seat, I am told. So, needless to say, he's got some money, and knows people who have money. Apparently, a friend of his is a Jeweler, and he actually repaired the WS Trophy.

The story is, that the trophy was damaged when Ozzie took it to Venezuela. The club's normal Jeweler didn't want to mess with it...for obvious liability reasons, but this guy took on the job. Ozzie Guillen himself reportedly dropped the trophy off.

Also cool, is that the jeweler said that the base had to be removed during the repair...and the entire team had signed the inside of the trophy.

I know, sounds completely assinine. I wouldn't believe reading it on the internet, myself. Take it or leave it, I guess...

IlliniSox4Life
02-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I know, sounds completely assinine. I wouldn't believe reading it on the internet, myself. Take it or leave it, I guess...

You're right, I don't believe it.

whitesoxwilkes
02-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Hockey players have urinated in the Stanley Cup (or allowed someone else to do so).

I've drank champagne out of Lord Stanley's Cup.

Suddenly it doesn't seem so cool anymore.

:bandance:

chitown13
02-28-2006, 08:11 PM
I agree with RowandWS33 actually. I don't think it is the real trophy, I don't think that they would just let some college kids drag it around in a SUV. However, just the idea and what it symbolizes was great to see.

IlliniSox4Life
02-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Listen, I don't know what trophy was in Rowand33's friends house, but if the one on tour isn't the real trophy, would they really have all those guys running security on it? There's no vast conspiracy here.

SoxFanPrope
02-28-2006, 11:05 PM
There might actually be some validity to this story if he is talking about the same university where I seen it last weekend, Western Illinois in Macomb. I went to get pictures with it at our basketball "arena" with two of my friends.

After this we go out to eat at a sports bar/restaurant (The Parkside if you know the town) and about a half hour into our meal the two men in charge of the trophy viewing show up rolling in this big case in which they would later take out the trophy and set it on their table next to them.

Several people in the place walked up to the trophy, took free pictures, and touched it including myself. These pictures were not taken on a digital camera so as soon as I can get them on my computer I will be more then happy to post them.

The weird/funny thing about it was it almost seemed like these guys had this trophy propped up right next to them expecting to pick up girls with it or something. I guess its not the worst idea??

CLR01
02-28-2006, 11:10 PM

You didn't win anything.

The Sox can do whatever they want with the trophy it belongs to them. I agree with other posts that if it is a fake trophy the Sox are wasting a lot of money on security.

Rowandws33
03-01-2006, 05:56 PM
iam sure the Sox would not be to happy to found out about that one.

FoulTerritory
03-01-2006, 08:16 PM
iam sure the Sox would not be to happy to found out about that one.

Evidence against it being a fake: Trophy tour dates were rescheduled that conflicted with the White House visit, as they apparently brought that trophy along with them to visit GWB. If its a fake, then the Sox are going through an awful lot of work in this scam.

Rowandws33
03-01-2006, 10:26 PM
i would like to see the pictures with them taking it out while they are out eating. thats crazy, something i dont think the Sox would approve of.

NonetheLoaiza
03-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Isn't the trophy made and repaired by Tiffany's? Why wouldn't Tiffany's handle any more repairs?

Rowandws33
03-03-2006, 12:41 AM
good point why would they not just let Tiffany and Co. fix it???

OzzieBall2004
03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Will someone post these pics? I'd like to see what everyone is talking about.

Rowandws33
03-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Soxfanprope i go to ISU. looks like this happening all over the place.