PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight...

scottyl
02-27-2006, 09:05 PM
...is on ESPN 2 right now (2/27 -- 9 pm central)

infohawk
02-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks! Just turned it on. Have I missed anything about the White Sox?

Flight #24
02-27-2006, 09:12 PM

Covered the KW-Frank feud. Steve Phillips basically said it's not surprising that Frank wanted to be treated with more "respect", and that as a GM you need to be used to guys sniping at the org when they leave.

oeo
02-27-2006, 09:13 PM

Nah, they've only talked about the WBC and the KW/Frank situation.

Just another sign baseball is almost back...WOOHOO!

samram
02-27-2006, 09:33 PM
I flipped it on for two seconds, heard the words "World Baseball Classic" and changed the channel.

Jjav829
02-27-2006, 09:36 PM
I flipped it on for two seconds, heard the words "World Baseball Classic" and changed the channel.

Yeah, it's kind of crappy, but it's still baseball. :bandance:

scottyl
02-27-2006, 09:44 PM
They're actually getting me interested in the WBC.

HotelWhiteSox
02-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Saw a daytime edition of BBTN about a week ago. It was Steve Phillips and Ravech. Led off with the White Sox and any talk of the Sox was a lovefest (also in top 3 of offseasons at the end of the show). Seemed more interested in spreading it around and not being so biased, as both Red Sox and Yankees were just briefly talked about in the middle of the show. The Bonds thing was also prevelant at the time so they were talking that and about different teams' offseasons

ClaudelSleptHere
02-27-2006, 11:27 PM
I surprised Steve Phillips didn't say that if Frank would put on about 50 pounds he would sign him to play first base because he could be the next Mo Vaughn.

Palehose Pete
02-27-2006, 11:28 PM
I saw Phillips on BBTN and on Screamin' A. Smith. When asked about KW's response to Frank, on both shows Phillips seemed to snipe at Kenny a bit by saying that top talent won't come to teams where the GM talks badly about them, as though Kenny doesn't know how to attract and retain top talent and that generally Kenny mishandled the Frank situation from the beginning. Also, that Kenny and Frank's problems stem from Kenny being a little resentful of Frank's abilities as a player because Kenny was mediocre by comparison. Am I off-base in my interpretation of Steve-o's comments?

wsox3505
02-28-2006, 01:04 AM
I saw Phillips on BBTN and on Screamin' A. Smith. When asked about KW's response to Frank, on both shows Phillips seemed to snipe at Kenny a bit by saying that top talent won't come to teams where the GM talks badly about them, as though Kenny doesn't know how to attract and retain top talent and that generally Kenny mishandled the Frank situation from the beginning. Also, that Kenny and Frank's problems stem from Kenny being a little resentful of Frank's abilities as a player because Kenny was mediocre by comparison. Am I off-base in my interpretation of Steve-o's comments?

WOW! i missed it, but Phillips was right for the first time ever. KW needs to realize that this was a media induced story and thomas is a wounded bear at this point in his career. If you watch the KW comments on video, he's far too emotional for a GM and comes off looking foolish.

oeo
02-28-2006, 06:26 AM

Yeah, and Phillips should be telling Kenny Williams how to do his job. :rolleyes:

Bobbo35
02-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Yeah, it's kind of crappy, but it's still baseball. :bandance:

It will be interesting to see how Javier fairs in this tourney. Just hope he doesn't hurt himself.

WikdChiSoxFan
02-28-2006, 07:44 AM
WOW! i missed it, but Phillips was right for the first time ever. KW needs to realize that this was a media induced story and thomas is a wounded bear at this point in his career. If you watch the KW comments on video, he's far too emotional for a GM and comes off looking foolish.

Ding, Ding, Ding... we have a winner.

Is there anyway we can make this all go away!? Why can't we all get along?

KW can't destroy my love for Frank. I'll still be standing when he comes to town.

KW should send Frank some flowers. And frank should send a thank you card back. Then it'll all be over and I'll be able to get some sleep

Lip Man 1
02-28-2006, 10:34 AM
I stopped being interested in anything that Baseball Tonight or ESPN says about the Sox last year.

Just wondering why any of you folks are wasting one second of your time watching that garbage?

Do yourself a favor, pop in a tape or DVD of the Sox playoff games and watch them again. At least that's a better use of your time.

ESPN indeed....:rolleyes:

Lip

spawn
02-28-2006, 10:37 AM
I stopped being interested in anything that Baseball Tonight or ESPN says about the Sox last year.

Just wondering why any of you folks are wasting one second of your time watching that garbage?

Do yourself a favor, pop in a tape or DVD of the Sox playoff games and watch them again. At least that's a better use of your time.

ESPN indeed....:rolleyes:

Lip
My sentiments exactly. Screw ESPN and BBTN.

skottyj242
02-28-2006, 11:16 AM
I actually like watching BBTN and ESPN just because most of my energy during a season is spent on the White Sox, I like to kick back for a little bit at night and catch up on the rest of the league. I turn it off when they "editorialize" my team but for just scores and highlights I don't mind.

dcb56
02-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I actually like watching BBTN and ESPN just because most of my energy during a season is spent on the White Sox, I like to kick back for a little bit at night and catch up on the rest of the league. I turn it off when they "editorialize" my team but for just scores and highlights I don't mind.

I love BBTN for this same reason, especially the 20 minute editions that are part of the "Trifecta." It's by far the quickest and easiest way to catch scores and highlights from the day's action.

itsnotrequired
02-28-2006, 11:48 AM
I love BBTN for this same reason, especially the 20 minute editions that are part of the "Trifecta." It's by far the quickest and easiest way to catch scores and highlights from the day's action.

Same here. A quick way to visually get game recaps. I'll typically listen to the mlb.com Game Highlights podcast on my walk to the train the next morning as well. Nice 15 minute recap of the previous day's action, including radio and/or TV calls by the home broadcast teams.

VenturaSoxFan23
02-28-2006, 11:48 AM
I miss the very early days of "espn2" when they'd run the box scores late at night. Wish they'd bring that back. No hosts or guests trying to get themselves over, just the facts. Gimme the totals and I'm good.

SOXintheBURGH
02-28-2006, 11:53 AM
I watch BBTN every night during the season. In fact, I make sure to. I don't give a **** what the "experts" have to say about my team, I watch to see what teams and players are doing with their seasons.

skobabe8
02-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah, and Phillips should be telling Kenny Williams how to do his job. :rolleyes:

Bingo.