PDA

View Full Version : Shingo re-signs . . .

ondafarm
02-27-2006, 05:37 PM
with the Yakult Swallows (of Yokohama.) Looks like he's back after his career saves record.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060226soxbits,1,3174752.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

(at the bottom of the story.)

Gambatte Kudasai!!!

ondafarm
02-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Another story linked.

http://www.japanball.com/news.phtml?id=5861

oeo
02-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Good Luck Shingo, sorry it didn't work out as planned here in America.

BTW, does he get a ring?

Ol' No. 2
02-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Good Luck Shingo, sorry it didn't work out as planned here in America.It did for a year, which is a year longer than most people get.

jortafan
02-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Good Luck Shingo, sorry it didn't work out as planned here in America.

BTW, does he get a ring?

Who says it didn't work out as planned?

The guy is one of the all-time great relief pitchers of Japanese baseball who can say he also got a taste of the U.S. major leagues near the end of his playing career. Anyone who thought Shingo was going to be more than that is delusional.

And yes, I would think he would get a ring, along with a partial World Series share. He was a part of the ballclub for more than half a season. It's just a shame things didn't work out to where he could have been with the ballclub during the playoffs and World Series.

Insofar as Takatsu's future is concerned, I'd actually get a kick out of it if he were to become some sort of White Sox scout for the Far East, once his playing days as done. I have no idea if that's something he'd want to do, or if the White Sox themselves would be interested. But it would be an interesting idea.

oeo
02-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Who says it didn't work out as planned?

The guy is one of the all-time great relief pitchers of Japanese baseball who can say he also got a taste of the U.S. major leagues near the end of his playing career. Anyone who thought Shingo was going to be more than that is delusional.

You're telling me he didn't want to start a successful CAREER here? I'm sure he was happy about the season, but I'm also sure it was his intent to try to have a great career.

I'm sure he didn't come here for only one good year.

chisoxmike
02-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Goooonnnngg!

Serious question, does Shingo get a ring?

Deebs14
02-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Shingo was the man! I hope everything works out for him in the future.

I loved whenever Hawk would get all excited whenever Shingo would throw his patented "frisbee."

Baby Fisk
02-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Serious question, does Shingo get a ring?
Shingo was a member of the 2005 White Sox. He will get a ring.

:DJ
"I was a member of the 1993 Blue Jays for about 5 minutes and I got a ring!"

ondafarm
02-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Shingo was a member of the 2005 White Sox. He will get a ring.

As for how much of a share he gets of the playoff money that is up to his teammates to vote on. I thought I recall hearing that they voted him half a share and Frank a full share.