PDA

View Full Version : New Cardinals Stadium pictures

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Some new pictures for your viewing pleasure. I cant believe how much theyve gotten done since the playoffs ended back in October. WOW.
This park looks amazing, exposed brick looks a hell of a lot better than exposed and painted cinder blocks/cement.

http://www.missouri.edu/~marwc4/busch/busch.html

Norberto7
02-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Pretty solid looking, but doesn't look like anything that hasn't been done before.

Also, I didn't know that St. Louis had built a stealth building (3rd picture, towards the left of the skyline, kind of has that Predator shimmery look).

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Everyone take a look at picture #8. Its a picture of some stairs leading up to the Upper Deck. This was an idea that I floated way back in the day to figure out what to do with the UD at the Cell. I wanted us to use the Club Level as the beginning of the new UD for us, and use a separate entrance/stairs/ramp like this to go the rest of the way to the new UD. It would solve the problem of the entrance being at the "bottom" of the deck and would now be in the middle of the deck ............

LongLiveFisk
02-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Is it official that it will be called Busch Stadium?

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 12:31 PM
I also love how their lower deck seats, from the Foul Pole to the bases,
are already ANGLED towards the infield. Looks very comfortable.

Chicken Dinner
02-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Doesn't look like it's going to be ready in time.

Deebs14
02-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Damn, that place looks pretty sweet!

Anyone know the capacity? It looks as though it's going to be able to seat a good amount of people.

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Theres one pic I see, its the lower deck looking out ..........the concrete walls on the ramp leading towards the field is still bare and exposed, and doesnt have the brickwork covering it yet ..............

itsnotrequired
02-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Some new pictures for your viewing pleasure. I cant believe how much theyve gotten done since the playoffs ended back in October. WOW.
This park looks amazing, exposed brick looks a hell of a lot better than exposed and painted cinder blocks/cement.

http://www.missouri.edu/~marwc4/busch/busch.html

Any word on how the seat installation is coming along?:wink:

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 12:52 PM
What bothers me most looking at these pictures, is how the SOX completely ignored the use of the Roman Arches that were so prominent in the old park, and along with the scoreboard, were the very signature of the park.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Is it official that it will be called Busch Stadium?

Yes :supernana: :gulp:

I love how their stadium will have a view of downtown / the Arch. The White Sox should have faced Centerfield toward downtown to have the great view you see going leaving on the upper deck ramps which was the biggest mistake in the new park IMO.

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Any word on how the seat installation is coming along?:wink:

I see the entire upper deck down there isnt finished, as well as the outfield
and down the lines. They are going to have to hustle if they are going to finish by Opening Day, which is only a month away. Looks like they have about 30,000 seats to install between now and April.

dcb56
02-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Doesn't look like it's going to be ready in time.

It's not going to be finished by the start of the season. They expect capacity for Opening Day to be appx. 38,000, but when the stadium is completed around the All Star Break it will hold 46,861.

itsnotrequired
02-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I see the entire upper deck down there isnt finished, as well as the outfield
and down the lines. They are going to have to hustle if they are going to finish by Opening Day, which is only a month away. Looks like they have about 30,000 seats to install between now and April.

Geez, you didn't even take the bait! I was expecting a tirade against the Sox for not getting their seats installed in time.:cool:

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Geez, you didn't even take the bait! I was expecting a tirade against the Sox for not getting their seats installed in time.:cool:

Well, the SOX are still wiping Pie off their face regarding this seat installation fiasco. Even done "late", the cardinals will still have installed 46,861 seats in one offseason in whats taken the SOX 4 years. :angry:

Heck, the Cardinals will install approximately 30,000 seats in just 3 months while the SOX will still be waiting for the calk to dry!

Mickster
02-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Well, the SOX are still wiping Pie off their face regarding this seat installation fiasco. Even done "late", the cardinals will still have installed 46,861 seats in one offseason in whats taken the SOX 4 years. :angry:

Heck, the Cardinals will install approximately 30,000 seats in just 3 months while the SOX will still be waiting for the calk to dry!

Hook, line and sinker. :cool:

Law11
02-27-2006, 02:17 PM
I was in St. Louis over the weekend and drove right past. Its huge...
Whats nuts is the expressway is about 30 feet from the stadium.

MisterB
02-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Any seating sections you see without seats were built after the demolition of Busch (Mk.II), the rest of the stadium was already 90-100% done, including about 30k+ installed seats. Their crews do have the advantage of starting with a clean slate, seat-wise - no removal and caulking to worry about.

mrwag
02-27-2006, 03:32 PM
What?! Red seats? Baseball stadiums are supposed to have green seats!

No way is this place anywhere NEAR done in a month. I hope they have a backup plan, just in case. Even if they have seats installed, the place looks like a mess for holding 40k people including parking, etc.

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 03:40 PM
What?! Red seats? Baseball stadiums are supposed to have green seats!

Meanwhile, over at a Cardinals message board, the threads are piling up regarding when theyre going to put in Green Seats instead of Red.

itsnotrequired
02-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Hook, line and sinker. :cool:

Its like shooting a fish in a fish-shaped barrel, one which is the exact same size as said fish.

:D:

Max Power
02-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Pretty solid looking, but doesn't look like anything that hasn't been done before.

I was thinking that too. It looks very nice, but most stadiums from the last 10 years are starting to blend together.

Red Barchetta
02-27-2006, 08:57 PM
With respect to all the great things US Cellular has done in rennovating Comiskey II, I still wish the SOX had built a similar, brick structure with old Roman Comiskey I arches in the south loop. Instead of the St. Louis arch, we would have the Sears Tower and Chicago skyline looming over the centerfield wall. :angry:

Brian26
02-27-2006, 09:05 PM
With respect to all the great things US Cellular has done in rennovating Comiskey II, I still wish the SOX had built a similar, brick structure with old Roman Comiskey I arches in the south loop. Instead of the St. Louis arch, we would have the Sears Tower and Chicago skyline looming over the centerfield wall. :angry:

I said this awhile back, but I think an incredible location would have been around Roosevelt and Canal Street. There is a Jewel on the site now. This doesn't take into account all of the infrastructure improvements that would have been needed or any traffic study, and I know it's not necessarily close to any EL stop, but the view of the Sears Tower is amazing.

gbergman
02-27-2006, 09:15 PM
what sucks though is you must buy a license to purchase tickets. so you can't just go to a game anymore you must be a license owner. what a joke

gbergman
02-27-2006, 09:17 PM
I was in St. Louis over the weekend and drove right past. Its huge...
Whats nuts is the expressway is about 30 feet from the stadium.

similar to fenway were the interstate or whatever there called on the east coast is right behind the Green Monster

Hitmen77
02-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Those upper deck seats by the foul pole look every bit as far as the seats at The Cell.

I do like the look of their scoreboard though.

JohnBasedowYoda
02-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Still looks like a lot of work left...will they have time?! Stay Tuned!

rbeze09
02-27-2006, 10:41 PM
we drive by busch stadium this weekend on the way to our college baseball games at missouri baptist and it looks like theyve got a long ways to go. It looks like its gonna be an awesome park, but it looks like most of the outfield concourse and seating has yet to be completed, it looks like bad planning

soxinem1
02-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I said this awhile back, but I think an incredible location would have been around Roosevelt and Canal Street. There is a Jewel on the site now. This doesn't take into account all of the infrastructure improvements that would have been needed or any traffic study, and I know it's not necessarily close to any EL stop, but the view of the Sears Tower is amazing.

That is a good sight now, but remember in 1988 there was not a whole lot there except a few taylors and little businesses. There was not much of a drawing card.

What they should have done is face the CF north, not east, when they built Reinsdorf Field.

Chicken Dinner
02-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Here's some more pics of the new Cardinal stadium.

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/photos.php

Professor
02-28-2006, 08:31 AM
I drive pass the stadium every day on my way to work. I actually think they will be done in time. You wouldn't believe how fast they put up some of the sections. Plus, since I sometimes come home from work late at night, I know they are working through the nights with the stadium lights on. As long as the weather cooperates, they will have it ready for opening day.

SOXintheBURGH
02-28-2006, 08:58 AM
similar to fenway were the interstate or whatever there called on the east coast is right behind the Green Monster

EastCoastBiastates.

They're called interstates out here too... sometimes you Midwesterners are so adorable. :tongue:

oeo
02-28-2006, 10:02 AM
It does look pretty sweet, but there's almost too much going on. Sometimes I just like the simplicity of the Cell.

Hangar18
02-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Here's some more pics of the new Cardinal stadium.

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/photos.php

You realize this is the new football Cardinal stadium right?
by the way, its time changed the name of that team ...........
I just dont equate Cardinals and the Desert .............

Chicken Dinner
02-28-2006, 02:37 PM
You realize this is the new football Cardinal stadium right?
by the way, its time changed the name of that team ...........
I just dont equate Cardinals and the Desert .............

I know.........but it fits the title of the thread.

There aren't many Rams in the midwest either.

paciorek1983
02-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Very nice looking ballpark. Their scoreboard looks great. Our scoreboard really needs to be remodeled. There has got to be a way to convince McDonald's to sponsor an analog clock instead of just having that stupid cirlcle with their logo on it. And our scoreboard should actually have scores on it.

The Cards did a nice job overall.