PDA

View Full Version : Saw Bill Melton yesterday

Chicken Dinner
02-27-2006, 11:33 AM
He was out in Surprise AZ for a Legends game. I didn't know he was going to be there so when I saw him there signing autographs, it was a pleasent surprise. I actually went over a bought an official ball and had him sign it. He said that he thinks the Sox have improved the club and not to worry about the departure of Rowand. :smile:

Sox-on-TV44
02-27-2006, 11:37 AM
He was out in Surprise AZ for a Legends game. I didn't know he was going to be there so when I saw him there signing autographs, it was a pleasent surprise. I actually went over a bought an official ball and had him sign it. He said that he thinks the Sox have improved the club and not to worry about the departure of Rowand. :smile:
Yeah,buddy!!!!!!!
Way to go!!!!!

SOXPHILE
02-27-2006, 11:47 AM
I got to meet Bill Melton when he was making an appearance at Taste of Chicago in 2004. He was a very nice guy, class act all around.

NonetheLoaiza
02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
I've met him a couple times, and he has always been very nice and polite when you say hi or something. Definitely a class act.

TDog
02-27-2006, 05:46 PM

Did he play in the game? I thought his back problems would have prevented it.

Bill Melton is a classy guy who deserves a bigger broadcasting role with the Sox.

Chicken Dinner
02-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Did he play in the game? I thought his back problems would have prevented it.

Bill Melton is a classy guy who deserves a bigger broadcasting role with the Sox.

He did not play.