PDA

View Full Version : Scott Eyre taking cheap shots at the Sox

WCCMIKE
02-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Anyone happen to catch comcast last night or today.I'm asking cause they asked Eyre welcome back to chicago and guess what his reply was.I don't count the first time so the reported said why and he repeated cause it sucked.Ya well have fun finishing in 4th place with the scrubs:rolleyes:

D. TODD
02-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Anyone happen to catch comcast last night or today.I'm asking cause they asked Eyre welcome back to chicago and guess what his reply was.I don't count the first time so the reported said why and he repeated cause it sucked.Ya well have fun finishing in 4th place with the scrubs:rolleyes: Well, it did suck for him. He had very little success. I could see why it is not some of his fondest memories from his career.

SoxFan78
02-27-2006, 08:48 AM
I think he said his four years with the Sox didnt count. Whatever, I was too busy to even see he signed with the cubs cause I was still celebrating the White Sox World Series win.

Frankfan4life
02-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Scott who?

Viva Medias B's
02-27-2006, 09:01 AM
What's the Score?

Hawkeroo1980
02-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Anyone happen to catch comcast last night or today.I'm asking cause they asked Eyre welcome back to chicago and guess what his reply was.I don't count the first time so the reported said why and he repeated cause it sucked.Ya well have fun finishing in 4th place with the scrubs:rolleyes:

I would hope that he is refering to the fact that HE sucked, and not the white sox fans/organization.

Does anybody seem to think that the constant critisism from Howry and Eyre could be because they at one time were White Sox and they understood the intensity between the two fan bases...?

In other words..... they KNOW what really pisses off Sox fans and use it to their advantage to throw in a couple shots. Good thing the Sox won it all last year because this would actually piss me off if we were coming off the ususal 83-85 win season. :cool:

i can't wait until the "wrigley faithful" start throwing trash on the field after a puljos 3-run shot off Howry in the 8th on opening night. What a bunch of bums those two jerks are

Martinigirl
02-27-2006, 09:03 AM

What manager/s did he play with? I can imagine thinking it sucked if I had to play for Bevington.

SOecks
02-27-2006, 09:11 AM
No matter how bad they, the team, or the fans were at the time they were here there is no excuse to be constantly criticizing the team like this. It's completely unprofessional and makes them look like pouty children. They also always make sure to berate the Sox fanbase by talking about how great it will be to play in front of the Cubs fans.

I don't care if you are an ass in real life, you should have some sort of a filter if you are a pro athlete. I always try to be gracious and wish the Cubs the best every season, but the crew they have assembled up there has made it very difficult this year.

The Racehorse
02-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Scott who?

exactly :cool:

mantis1212
02-27-2006, 09:19 AM

He also referred to his time with the Sox as being "on the wrong side of town".

We'll see what turns into the wrong side of town this year when the Sox are in 1st and the cubbies are getting booed every other night.

1951Campbell
02-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Hmm, I'm reminded of Casablanca:

Scott Eyre: You despise me, don't you, Sox fans?

Sox fans: I suppose we would, if we ever thought of you.

WCCMIKE
02-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I would hope that he is refering to the fact that HE sucked, and not the white sox fans/organization.

Does anybody seem to think that the constant critisism from Howry and Eyre could be because they at one time were White Sox and they understood the intensity between the two fan bases...?

In other words..... they KNOW what really pisses off Sox fans and use it to their advantage to throw in a couple shots. Good thing the Sox won it all last year because this would actually piss me off if we were coming off the ususal 83-85 win season. :cool:

i can't wait until the "wrigley faithful" start throwing trash on the field after a puljos 3-run shot off Howry in the 8th on opening night. What a bunch of bums those two jerks arePuljos isn't the only one that Howry will be giving up 3 run bombs to all season:D:

Lip Man 1
02-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Who cares....who cares at all what a journeyman left handed relief pitcher thinks.

Lip

Dick Allen
02-27-2006, 12:38 PM
A perfect match - Cubs players and fans both ignorant and obnoxious. Oh yeah...and both losers.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Cool! I've been wondering who to hate over there with Sammy gone.

JGarlandrules20
02-27-2006, 12:50 PM
A little while ago, comcast interviewed both Eyre and Howry asking what they thought of their time on the southside or whatever.

Eyre said he hated it because he suuckkkeedd(he emphasized suck like that, lol.)

Howry, to my shock, said he enjoyed the ~4 some years he spent here. I find that kind of hard to believe after all his previous comments about the team.

Risk
02-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Dear Scott Eyre,

You will never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, ever win a World Championship while playing on the Northside. (Emphasis for clarity b/c player is just as ignorant, arrogant, and stupid as the fanbase of the team he plays for).

Very truly yours,

Risk

TDog
02-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Sammy Sosa once said his years with the Sox were like being in prison.

Consider the source

VivaOzzie
02-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Sammy Sosa once said his years with the Sox were like being in prison.

Consider the source

That makes sense. Its probably pretty hard to score steroids while in prison. :cool:

soxfanatlanta
02-27-2006, 02:23 PM
What is with all the organization bashing these days? Thomas, Eyre, Ordonez, Howry, Harris, <miss anybody?> Other than Rowand (PBUH), what payers have said anyting good about their tenure here? I know the mediots focus on the dirty laundry, and I'd like to think that JR, and KW aren't as dysfunctional as what is being written, and said. Any ideas here?

VivaOzzie
02-27-2006, 02:36 PM
What is with all the organization bashing these days? Thomas, Eyre, Ordonez, Howry, Harris, <miss anybody?> Other than Rowand (PBUH), what payers have said anyting good about their tenure here? I know the mediots focus on the dirty laundry, and I'd like to think that JR, and KW aren't as dysfunctional as what is being written, and said. Any ideas here?

1) What did Willie say??

2) I don't believe Crazy Carl had anything bad to say! :mg:

soxinem1
02-27-2006, 02:37 PM

i can't wait until the "wrigley faithful" start throwing trash on the field after a puljos 3-run shot off Howry in the 8th on opening night. What a bunch of bums those two jerks are

He should have clarified that 'White Sox fans tried to forget the three partial seasons Eyre threw batting practice and how other team's fans would give a standing ovation when Eyre was brought in the game'.

But much like his new fan base throwing the ball back on the field after a HR, his ERA will still be the same!!!!

Steelrod
02-27-2006, 05:35 PM
He should have clarified that 'White Sox fans tried to forget the three partial seasons Eyre threw batting practice and how other team's fans would give a standing ovation when Eyre was brought in the game'.

But much like his new fan base throwing the ball back on the field after a HR, his ERA will still be the same!!!!
I was at a Sox fantasy camp a while back, and Eyre threw his bullpen against us. He couldn't even put us away way back then. No wonder he has bad memories, getting taken deep by a proctologist!

Realist
02-27-2006, 06:03 PM
... getting taken deep by a proctologist!

:thud:

cubhater
02-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Scott who?

Ball Four Eyre

bigfoot
02-27-2006, 07:35 PM
I was at a Sox fantasy camp a while back, and Eyre threw his bullpen against us. He couldn't even put us away way back then. No wonder he has bad memories, getting taken deep by a proctologist!

This has POTW written all over it!

By poster "Steelrod"!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I think I'd have bad(if not suppressed) memories of an experience you describe.

Captian Ron
02-27-2006, 07:51 PM
:rauch He was bad like me!!

SOXSINCE'70
02-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Puljos isn't the only one that Howry will be giving up 3 run bombs to all season:D:

:dye: :walnuts :crede :AJ:
"Hey.let us in on some of that action!!":cool: :cool:

Banix12
02-27-2006, 08:36 PM
To be honest I saw this interview in question and it didn't seem like a cheap shot to me.

The wrong side of town thing is just talking to the cubs fans and really is a pretty meaningless statement. As for him hating it here, he's right that he sucked and it's pretty hard to enjoy yourself when your ERA is over 6 and you are buried in the back of the pen.

Quit being so sensitive when people talk about the sox, especially when it's things like this that are truthfully completely meaningless.

BainesHOF
02-28-2006, 02:53 AM
Eyre's a loser. He said a main reason he signed with the Cubs is because they looked like they have fun during batting practice. The sad part is he was serious.

jamokes
02-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Scott Eyre took some cheap shots at White Sox fans even when he was here, saying we don't support our team.

JUribe1989
02-28-2006, 06:56 AM
:pollite:
"Who is Scott Eyre?"

fuzzy_patters
02-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Perhaps he is still bitter that he could not hack it in the American League. Like Jaime Navarro, it must be rough knowing that your career is over as soon as the other league figures you out.

MadetoOrta
02-28-2006, 09:12 AM
:pollite:
"Who is Scott Eyre?"

Cliff,

Don't worry about it. Have you gotten your RING finger sized up yet?

Madetoorta

BackNBlack
02-28-2006, 09:51 AM
If he had accomplished anything maybe his statement would mean something. It sucked because he sucked.

soxfanaticpaulie
02-28-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't really care what they say, its not like they play for a competitively relevant team or anything...

My response to Cubs fans now-adays is, "Sorry, I couldn't hear you, I had our World Series Trophy in my ear." Well...that's before I proceed to pick apart their baseless arguement with facts.

Besides, they know who their fans are now, and they know that if they take shots at the White Sox, their fans will embrace them. We'll see who has the last laugh when the Flubs come to Comiskey the Sox are parking Howry and Eyre pitches on the Dan Ryan. :cool: