PDA

View Full Version : WGN --- ive had it

Hawkeroo1980
02-27-2006, 06:59 AM
"Coming up next---- EXCLUSIVE audio of White Sox GM Kenny Willimas RIPPING Frank Thomas"

They act like its a big conspiracy. Where were they with all this enthusiasm when the Sox opened up spring training?

MrRoboto83
02-27-2006, 07:22 AM
"Coming up next---- EXCLUSIVE audio of White Sox GM Kenny Willimas RIPPING Frank Thomas"

They act like its a big conspiracy. Where were they with all this enthusiasm when the Sox opened up spring training?

It's WGN what fo you expect?

dickallen15
02-27-2006, 07:26 AM
"Coming up next---- EXCLUSIVE audio of White Sox Where were they with all this enthusiasm when the Sox opened up spring training?

In Mesa.

SOXPHILE
02-27-2006, 09:45 AM
This is the same network who, back on the morning of October 4,- (game 1 of the ALDS against Boston)- had a couple of reporters at Jimbos between 7 and 7:30 AM, talking about the upcoming games, and wondering where all the Sox fans where, and why the bars were empty. They were making snide comments about how they thought there would be more Sox fans out, right in the shadow of U.S. Cellular, how can this be ? They thought Sox fans were more passionate than this, etc. I was almost yelling at the T.V. "HEY IDIOTS ! IT'S 7' O CLOCK IN THE MORNING !!! MOST PEOPLE ARE AT/GETTING READY FOR WORK !!! I couldn't believe the absurdity of it all.:rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
02-27-2006, 09:48 AM
This is the same network who, back on the morning of October 4,- (game 1 of the ALDS against Boston)- had a couple of reporters at Jimbos between 7 and 7:30 AM, talking about the upcoming games, and wondering where all the Sox fans where, and why the bars were empty. They were making snide comments about how they thought there would be more Sox fans out, right in the shadow of U.S. Cellular, how can this be ? They thought Sox fans were more passionate than this, etc. I was almost yelling at the T.V. "HEY IDIOTS ! IT'S 7' O CLOCK IN THE MORNING !!! MOST PEOPLE ARE AT/GETTING READY FOR WORK !!! I couldn't believe the absurdity of it all.:rolleyes:
LOL, that points back to the stereotype of the average Cubs fan: "Job? What job?" :cool:

Chicken Dinner
02-27-2006, 09:59 AM
If it was Hendry ripping on Sosa, it would be just as big but even funnier.

Law11
02-27-2006, 01:07 PM

They are buildingit up because they were the only ones with a camera there to catch it.

Hawkeroo1980
02-27-2006, 01:17 PM
They are buildingit up because they were the only ones with a camera there to catch it.

I also love how everytime they report on that priest that allegedly sexually assulted an alter boy.....they are making sure that they get a camera angle with his buddy wearing a Sox coat.

Honestly---when that Fr. McCormick is coming out of the courthouse.....they make sure that they get his buddy's coat in the picture

BackNBlack
02-28-2006, 10:21 AM
When they had the Cubs tickets go on sale there was a contracting crew there with a Sox flag on their truck they described it as " A Sox fan showed up with a tattered Sox flag on his truck" I said what the? She was egging him on in a short interview like he was the enemy there but he held his own. I just hated the way she described it all like Sox fans were dirty and vile.

Lip Man 1
02-28-2006, 10:54 AM
When Comcast Sports did the story on this during Chicago Tribune Live! yesterday Chuck Garfein was hillarious.

He was saying on camera, 'and how many games did they win last year? We've got to do something about this...'

It was very funny like Comcast was going out of their way to make fun of those idiots standing in line like that.

Lip

SOecks
02-28-2006, 11:29 AM
When Comcast Sports did the story on this during Chicago Tribune Live! yesterday Chuck Garfein was hillarious.

He was saying on camera, 'and how many games did they win last year? We've got to do something about this...'

It was very funny like Comcast was going out of their way to make fun of those idiots standing in line like that.

Lip

Garfein can be pretty funny and entertaining. Wasn't it him that got told off by Kenny Williams after winning the ALCS and asking him if he was planning on re-signing Konerko? Funny stuff.

Chip Z'nuff
02-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Is it time to break out the lee elia clip yet (http://http://www.speakeasy.org/%7Ebucky/lee_elia_br.mp3)?

BainesHOF
02-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Is it time to break out the lee elia clip yet (http://http://www.speakeasy.org/%7Ebucky/lee_elia_br.mp3)?

Your link doesn't work, at least not for me.

Chip Z'nuff
02-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Your link doesn't work, at least not for me.

Take Two
Is It time for the Lee Elia clip yet (http://www.speakeasy.org/%7Ebucky/elia_tirade.html)?

Banix12
02-28-2006, 12:15 PM

I don't know about the comments but I'll say this is pretty standard for a morning TV show. They need to have a backdrop for the stories, they can't just do them in the studio anymore. Remotes, no matter how stupid, must be done. When I was at the Sox Rally before the Boston series even started the reporter from CBS 2 was handing out cards with his phone number because he was trying to get a crowd of people to show up outside of sox park for the next morning's broadcast.

Take this morning, there is really no reason for FOX 32 to have a reporter standing in front of an empty courthouse at 5 am to talk about a trial happening around 10:30 in the morning. However they want the backdrop so they do the remote. It's stupid, pointless, and a waste of gas but they do it.

The absurdity of it is just about every single station does it.

SOXPHILE
02-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't know about the comments but I'll say this is pretty standard for a morning TV show. They need to have a backdrop for the stories, they can't just do them in the studio anymore. Remotes, no matter how stupid, must be done. When I was at the Sox Rally before the Boston series even started the reporter from CBS 2 was handing out cards with his phone number because he was trying to get a crowd of people to show up outside of sox park for the next morning's broadcast.

Take this morning, there is really no reason for FOX 32 to have a reporter standing in front of an empty courthouse at 5 am to talk about a trial happening around 10:30 in the morning. However they want the backdrop so they do the remote. It's stupid, pointless, and a waste of gas but they do it.

The absurdity of it is just about every single station does it.

You are correct. I always thought it was dumb when a reporter was standing next to or outside of something where some event had taken place hours ago, or was not going to start until the next day, -i.e. standing outside of a courthouse the day before a trial, or inside an empty stadium the day after the game. I wasn't mad that the WGN'ers were at Jimbos that early in the morning. Like you said, it's to be expected. What got me mad was their comments about "Hey, where is everybody ? Where's all the Sox fans ? Doesn't anyone care the playoffs are today ?" and then going on to make other ridiculous statements about how no one was at the bar at 7 in the morning. And they weren't joking either, because the anchors were saying things like "well, let's hope more fans show up today", and when the reporters were handing it back to the studio, they were saying "...reporting live from....a hoppin' Jimbo's..ha ha ha ha...."