PDA

View Full Version : Media slights and compliments

ChiSoxLifer
02-26-2006, 09:57 PM
We're always complaining when there's a media slight against our White Sox. How about a thread that combines negative as well as positive articles rather than start a new thread everytime we read something we don't like? Heck, even post something here if you think that 4th place northside team is getting more coverage than our White Sox. I'll start out by posting something positive. CNNSI.com preview predicts the White Sox are in position to win 100 games and a second straight World Series title is a possibility.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/specials/spring_training/2006/athlon/white_sox.html

TomBradley72
02-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Excellent Minnie Minoso article in the Tribune this morning. :cool:

Of course it pales in comparison to the Ron Santo propaganda machine during previous HoF votes. :angry:

miker
02-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Well that's exactly one positive media moment in the past 24 hours...

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Excellent Minnie Minoso article in the Tribune this morning. :cool:

Of course it pales in comparison to the Ron Santo propaganda machine during previous HoF votes. :angry:

I wanted to mention this yesterday .............. very very nice and thorough piece by the Cubune yesterday on Minnie Minoso. I also noted how this is the very first detailed piece on Minnie ive seen from both papers in ........years. I also note that it was published YESTERDAY, months and months too late to "sway" anyone thinking about voting for Minnie, one full day before the announcement is to be made, unlike the DOZENS of stories put out about Ron Santo published while the writers were STILL presumably VOTIONG. Its obvious the Chicago Media did all they could to get him in, and luckily, it didnt work. The only thing SOX fans and Minnie will be proud of, is if/when he does get elected to the HOF later today, he will have done it WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE CHICAGO MEDIA, who pretty much have ignored him all these years.

Lip Man 1
02-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Hangar:

Don't worry. These guys who are voting know what Minnie did. He and Buck O'Neal are in like Flint.

Lip

miker
02-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Hangar:

Don't worry. These guys who are voting know what Minnie did. He and Buck O'Neal are in like Flint.

Lip
Uh Lip, what happened, 'cause Flint isn't anywhere near Cooperstown...:angry:

D. TODD
02-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Hangar:

Lip I think I heard that this was the last negro league vote. If that is so Buck O'Neal will be shut out again. Minnie will still have a slight chance, but it doesen't look good.

daveeym
02-28-2006, 09:52 AM
I think I heard that this was the last negro league vote. If that is so Buck O'Neal will be shut out again. Minnie will still have a slight chance, but it doesen't look good.Ok I've heard various references to the negro league vote but am not too educated on the subject. From this comment I'll take it to mean that this is their last year of eligibility, thus the reason for so many being elected, and the thinking is Buck and Minnie will make it next year?

Lip Man 1
02-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I was under the impression this was once every four years but I read a story today saying this was it for Minnie.

Miker:

As they say 'stuff' happens, life isn't fair.

Lip

miker
02-28-2006, 11:12 AM
I was under the impression this was once every four years but I read a story today saying this was it for Minnie.

Miker:

As they say 'stuff' happens, life isn't fair.

Lip
Well, Minnie's #1 with us...that should count for something!