PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey seating

bc2k
01-10-2002, 03:29 PM
I was wondering where my fellow sox fans prefer to sit when attending comiskey park. I still have not found an ideal seating section in comiskey and am looking for ideas before i buy tickets for 2002. Also, is anybody a season ticket holder?

voodoochile
01-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
I was wondering where my fellow sox fans prefer to sit when attending comiskey park. I still have not found an ideal seating section in comiskey and am looking for ideas before i buy tickets for 2002. Also, is anybody a season ticket holder?

I was last year, but financial issues this year are preventing my renewal.

Depends on whay you are looking for...

Lower deck: box seats are expensive, but well worth it if you can get seats in the infield.

Upperdeck: Sit behind home plate. The section directly behind home is 33 (133, 533). Any seat within 5 sections is well worth it. If you go to Ticketmaster to buy seats, DO NOT use the "best available" feature to pick out upper deck seats. Specify "Upper Deck Reserved" as that will put you closer to Home plate. The computer goes down the lines and then up when it picks out seats. Upper Deck Box ends at row 15. That means you can sit way down the line in row 15 or a couple of sections away from home in row 16-20. The reserved seats are also $5 less than the box seats. At the park they will put you in 533 but up in row 33, so you need to specify that you would prefer to sit lower down and out a couple of sections. They should be able to help you.

duke of dorwood
01-10-2002, 04:06 PM
I was last year too, but we couldnt afford 27 games this year-will get 2 of the7 game plans I think. We sat behind our bullpen and really liked it there

voodoochile
01-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I was last year, but financial issues this year are preventing my renewal.

Depends on whay you are looking for...

Lower deck: box seats are expensive, but well worth it if you can get seats in the infield.

Upperdeck: Sit behind home plate. The section directly behind home is 33 (133, 533). Any seat within 5 sections is well worth it. If you go to Ticketmaster to buy seats, DO NOT use the "best available" feature to pick out upper deck seats. Specify "Upper Deck Reserved" as that will put you closer to Home plate. The computer goes down the lines and then up when it picks out seats. Upper Deck Box ends at row 15. That means you can sit way down the line in row 15 or a couple of sections away from home in row 16-20. The reserved seats are also $5 less than the box seats. At the park they will put you in 533 but up in row 33, so you need to specify that you would prefer to sit lower down and out a couple of sections. They should be able to help you.

Oh, one other thing. The screen behind home plate extends from section 131-134. If you want a chance at foul balls, you need to sit outside of those sections. I personally love to sit in 135 when I can get the seats. They are behind the Sox On-deck circle and you will have a chance at fouls.

Soxboyrob
01-10-2002, 04:16 PM
That screen behind home plate is going away and will be replaced by a screen that is vertical but still allows pop fouls to land in the crowd. I always hated that netting the way it's been in the past.

The best seats are the box seats between 1st and 3rd base. The closer the better. I also like the outfield bleachers and the first few rows of the upper deck are actually quite nice.

Moses_Scurry
01-10-2002, 04:22 PM
I've always enjoyed sitting in the outfield the most. I like thinking that possibly, some day, I'll catch a homerun ball.

doublem23
01-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I was last year too, but we couldnt afford 27 games this year-will get 2 of the7 game plans I think. We sat behind our bullpen and really liked it there

Yeah, I agree with duke... Whenever I go to Comiskey, my fav seats are those seats in fair territory behind RF... They're the best, IMO...

But, because I usually don't pre-order my tickets and I only get to Sox games some 20 minutes before the game, I usually just go for Upper Deck tickets. The Upper Deck ins't THAT bad....

cheeses_h_rice
01-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
That screen behind home plate is going away and will be replaced by a screen that is vertical but still allows pop fouls to land in the crowd. I always hated that netting the way it's been in the past.

Maybe that'll take away the annoyance of 100 screaming kids running down to the first row trying to get the ballboy to give the screen-rollers to them...kewl! :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
01-10-2002, 04:52 PM
I had a partial season plan in 2000 but didn't participate last year, and ended up going to 10 or so home games.

Obviously, the best seats are the ones in the sections that VC mentioned. My brother's season tix are in Section 135, and they are really nice, with plenty of foul ball action. The ones to avoid are the ones in the latter third of seats on the first level past 1st and 3rd bases. I mean, they're not awful, but it's a bit further from the action for the price of the ticket ($27). The 300 level tickets are great, but those are for season ticket holders only, I believe. I've scalped tickets in that section right near home plate and it was really sweet.

If this season is like last year, you can probably just buy upper deck seats and sit wherever there looks to be some vacancies. They've gotten pretty vigilant about checking tickets in the really good seats, but after a few innings you can probably "move on up to the East Side," and no one will really care.

bjmarte
01-10-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yeah, I agree with duke... Whenever I go to Comiskey, my fav seats are those seats in fair territory behind RF... They're the best, IMO...

But, because I usually don't pre-order my tickets and I only get to Sox games some 20 minutes before the game, I usually just go for Upper Deck tickets. The Upper Deck ins't THAT bad....

I like the outfield too but I am too cheap for reserved seats so I go for the bleachers usually. A Maggs homerun went right over my head just out of reach last year and was caught three rows back -- that was cool. I agree that upper deck is not that bad, especially if you follow voodoo's advice and go for behind home plate.

Cheryl
01-10-2002, 05:17 PM
I always do the Comiskey upgrade--buy cheap seats upstairs and then wait 3 innings to move downstairs somewhere. Usually into the bleachers, as I like the atmosphere out there better. It can be iffy in the 300s--well, maybe not anymore, but when the park opened there seemed to be a lot of people there using the company seats who weren't real interested in the game.

Kilroy
01-10-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
The 300 level tickets are great, but those are for season ticket holders only, I believe. I've scalped tickets in that section right near home plate and it was really sweet.

The 300 level tix aren't all season tix. Mainly because they arent all sold. When you call, just say you want section 335. They can find a game that has seats available in the section you request. I am always amazed at how many fouls land on the club level. 335 is right above the Sox on deck circle and gets loads of them.

I have been a split season ticket holder for 7 years and will be again this year and next for sure. I have to admit tho, I looked a bit longer at the number on that invoice this year. I still love my seats in RF foul territory. The view is still pretty good, but it was better before the remodelling. And the bar being right there adds some sights.

voodoochile
01-10-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

The 300 level tix aren't all season tix. Mainly because they arent all sold. When you call, just say you want section 335. They can find a game that has seats available in the section you request. I am always amazed at how many fouls land on the club level. 335 is right above the Sox on deck circle and gets loads of them.

I have been a split season ticket holder for 7 years and will be again this year and next for sure. I have to admit tho, I looked a bit longer at the number on that invoice this year. I still love my seats in RF foul territory. The view is still pretty good, but it was better before the remodelling. And the bar being right there adds some sights.

Where do you sit? I was in section 114, row 11 seats 7 & 8 this last year. I had the B package if memory serves.

Kilroy
01-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Where do you sit? I was in section 114, row 11 seats 7 & 8 this last year. I had the B package if memory serves.

I used to know my section like my middle name, but they changed it when they remodeled. In any case, its the section that comes down and has only 2 seats in the first row. Those are my seats. We have the weeknight pkg.

CLR01
01-10-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I used to know my section like my middle name, but they changed it when they remodeled. In any case, its the section that comes down and has only 2 seats in the first row. Those are my seats. We have the weeknight pkg.

last year i sat in section 127 i believe, first base side last row, they were some nice seats. The year before i was on the club level, right above first base. Both very nice seats. They get alot of FB's in the club level.

longshot7
01-10-2002, 11:24 PM
club level rules. That's where I used to sit when I lived in Chicago. I caught a Dave Martinez foul ball.

CLR01
01-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
club level rules. That's where I used to sit when I lived in Chicago. I caught a Dave Martinez foul ball.

I was at game 2 of the ALDS. I think it was Frank homas that hit a line shot that smacked the wall no more than a foot away from my head. I tried to reach up and grab it but i couldnt get it up fast enough, good thing i missed or my hand would have shattered. That thing had some heat.

PANFIRECRACKER
01-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Is this phase of ballpark improvements going to include removal of the screen and replacement with plexiglass barrier? I thought I read that.

FarmerAndy
01-11-2002, 01:04 PM
Last year I was in 116, Row 17, Seats 1 & 2. Not bad seats, but when you're that far down the line your neck can get kinda stiff from having your head turned to the left for most of the game. I hope to get a little closer in this year. It didn't really matter though, because you can almost always move closer. I really like the seats in right & left field too. For watching the Pitcher/Batter duel, it's nice to be in the first couple of rows in the upper deck, right square behind home plate. You can call inside/outside balls and strikes really good from up there.

irish rover
01-11-2002, 01:24 PM
I have a 27 game package last year we sat in sec157 aisle seats 3 rows up from the sox bull pen. This year we're getting move to the front row not sure the section. I was looking at the seating chart in my sox date planner which has the configuration of the new batters eye. I recommend not getting seats in 164 or 100 unless the 1st couple of rows. Looks like people higher up in that area may have an obstructed view.

I too like the UD, pretty much any where is a good seat in the park. Cheryl we call that a "South Side Upgrade" lolololo

The Clublevel (300) is real nice especially if you are going to one game and want to just have a nice night out. with the renovations the seats will be padded, behind the seats is being refurbished and will AC and heat. They have waitresses up there (at least when I sat up there) and a desert cart

the cost is only $26 which is the same as lower deck box (sec 120-109 and 144-155). from my understanding secs 121-143(dugout-dugout) are only available to season ticket holders but you can get them on an individual basis on day of game.I think they are 27-28 bucks. club level, lower box and behind homeplate are even more nice on 1/2 price mondays.(does anyone know if they are going to continue the 1/2 price tues promo with pepsi?

Foulke You
01-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by PANFIRECRACKER
Is this phase of ballpark improvements going to include removal of the screen and replacement with plexiglass barrier? I thought I read that.

No, it is going to be a re-designed screen that is "open-air" to allow foul balls to get to the fans rather than rolling down the ramp. The plexiglass that you're probably thinking of is going to be in center field on a new riser viewing area. There used to be no place to view the game standing on the concourse in center field but next year, you will. From what I understand, it will be a green tinted plexiglass so it will probably be like watching a game from inside a bottle of Rolling Rock.

Good seats:
I bought a 7 game package last year and all my seats were row 9 or 10 behind the bullpen sportsbar in right field. It was the first time I ever sat in the outfield for that many games and now I sit there all the time. They feel like they are MY seats now. I get upset when I can't sit there now. They are pretty inexpensive at $20 a piece and if you buy the 7 game deal, the 7th game is $1.00.

irish rover
01-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Pan this is what is says about the screen

"Replacing the ball-return screen that ran back to the press box, this new screen will be less of a distraction to fans and will make it easier for fans sitting behind the screen to see the game action"

bc2k
01-11-2002, 02:50 PM
Irish, have you ever used the pepsi discount on tuesday. I called over the phone with a pepsi product expecting to get tickets half price. They told me they never heard of the pepsi production. Has anyone else had success using the pepsi products to gain a tuesday half price ticket.

PANFIRECRACKER
01-11-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Irish, have you ever used the pepsi discount on tuesday. I called over the phone with a pepsi product expecting to get tickets half price. They told me they never heard of the pepsi production. Has anyone else had success using the pepsi products to gain a tuesday half price ticket.

you must show up at the box office with the pepsi product.

irish rover
01-11-2002, 03:25 PM
I think it was only on certain tues also. I was watching a spanish cahnnel and they had maggs doing a commercial for it last year. He also did it in english