PDA

View Full Version : Brian Anderson in the Trib (funny)

Ron Karkovice
02-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I was doing my usual shuffle through the Chicago Tribune today- I swipe the sports page and throw the rest of the sections away.

But this time, I noticed that there was a Brian Anderson interview in the Home and Garden section. It is interesting interview on his home and family, he sounds like a polite little kid.

This made me laugh out loud though:

4.) Do your dishes go in the sink or dishwasher?

"Oh, I don't do dishes, that's for women. I don't deal with any of that nonsense."

:tongue:

Umm, keep up the good work i guess Mr. Anderson...

fquaye149
02-26-2006, 01:10 PM
sounds like wishful thinking on BA's part...

Ladies, who will be the first in line for this catch? :wink:

chisoxfanatic
02-26-2006, 01:13 PM
I don't really mind doing the dishes. As long as I don't have to do bathroom duty as much, I'm ok with it.

But, for now, since I live by myself, I have to do it all...

CashMan
02-26-2006, 01:18 PM
If you ever listen to Brian Anderson when he is on the radio, he is pretty funny. HE was probably joking. He was on Boers and Bernstein last year in ST and sounded like he fit in with them.

MarySwiss
02-26-2006, 01:22 PM
sounds like wishful thinking on BA's part...

Ladies, who will be the first in line for this catch? :wink:

Somehow, I doubt that wives of millionaire athletes do the dishes very often. I sure as hell wouldn't! :tongue:

Ron Karkovice
02-26-2006, 11:47 PM
If you ever listen to Brian Anderson when he is on the radio, he is pretty funny. HE was probably joking. He was on Boers and Bernstein last year in ST and sounded like he fit in with them.

Great... I look forward to future Score Interviews:bandance:

RadioheadRocks
02-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey we can't have a Brian Anderson thread without
http://www.shiftyeye.com/images/hero.jpg
now, can we???

"Believe it or not, it's just me!!!" :bandance:

mike squires
02-27-2006, 08:17 AM
I hope Brian is joking. I do dishes all the time, vacuum the floor, do the laundry, make the bed etc. etc. Seriously, I'm one of a kind. Maybe I do that to make up for the fact I'm not very mechanically inclined. I try to help the wife out around the house whenever I can. Plus, my schedule allows me to do it.

we be jake
02-27-2006, 08:56 AM
I hope Brian is joking. I do dishes all the time, vacuum the floor, do the laundry, make the bed etc. etc. Seriously, I'm one of a kind. Maybe I do that to make up for the fact I'm not very mechanically inclined. I try to help the wife out around the house whenever I can. Plus, my schedule allows me to do it.
I do most of that stuff too in addition to all the cooking. I found out early in the marriage that if I wanted it to taste good, I"d better cook it myself. And I wanted the kids to grow. lol. But the biggest benefit from helping out around the house is the ol' girl won't resent your sports addictions so much. As a matter of fact, after a few years, mine began to understand my SOX/BEARS habit and loves to go to the ballpark. :cool: we be jake

Martinigirl
02-27-2006, 09:07 AM
God help the woman who marries (or cohabitates) with him. Between the Momma's boy issues and the inability to clean up for himself, he is a prize.

Granted, his bank account could make him more palatable, but I digress...;)

miker
02-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Sexist Sox
Rookie outfielder calls doing dishes "woman's work"
Feminist groups to protest outside U.S. Cellular

"...this is the kind of people the Sox and their fans are" says Terri, a local media star and Cub fan from the Northside of Chicago...

robiwho
02-27-2006, 12:00 PM
God help the woman who marries (or cohabitates) with him. Between the Momma's boy issues and the inability to clean up for himself, he is a prize.

Granted, his bank account could make him more palatable, but I digress...;)

No kidding. When a man tells you he's a momma's boy, it's time to run away! I doubt the money would help. :D:

miker
02-27-2006, 12:04 PM
No kidding. When a man tells you he's a momma's boy, it's time to run away! I doubt the money would help. :D:
It's amazing how attractive a dumb man can be when they make a major league salary! :rolleyes:

(Hmm, that should ruffle a few feathers...)

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 12:06 PM
This made me laugh out loud though:

4.) Do your dishes go in the sink or dishwasher?

"Oh, I don't do dishes, that's for women. I don't deal with any of that nonsense."

:tongue:

Umm, keep up the good work i guess Mr. Anderson...

hehehe hehehehe, hes asking for the Wrath of the Media isnt he? heh heh

soxfanatlanta
02-27-2006, 02:29 PM
As a matter of fact, after a few years, mine began to understand my SOX/BEARS habit and loves to go to the ballpark.
Can I have whatever you have been slipping her in he drinks? :tongue: I do all the same things, and it would take an act of congress just to get her anywhere near a ballpark!

Note to Brian Anderson: Enjoy the TV dinners, and uh...Duck!

SOecks
02-27-2006, 02:35 PM
He is a funny guy, but did any of you here AJ's quotes this morning on CSN Sportsrise? He told the media that Anderson needed to just shut up and play. The reporters were laughing at first because they thought he was kidding, but then he kept going and made it obvious he was serious. It was pretty uncomfortable and VERY cool. I love AJ.

veeter
02-27-2006, 02:45 PM
He is a funny guy, but did any of you here AJ's quotes this morning on CSN Sportsrise? He told the media that Anderson needed to just shut up and play. The reporters were laughing at first because they thought he was kidding, but then he kept going and made it obvious he was serious. It was pretty uncomfortable and VERY cool. I love AJ.I saw this. But I think he was kidding. I know what your saying because he kept going with it but I think AJ was messing with the writers.

SouthSide_Hitman
02-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I have to agree with Brian on this....it is womans work doing the dishes

russ99
02-28-2006, 03:40 PM
I saw this. But I think he was kidding. I know what your saying because he kept going with it but I think AJ was messing with the writers.

Clubhouse cancer my butt. A.J. totally rocks. I hope he has a long and successful career as the White Sox catcher.

PatK
02-28-2006, 03:59 PM
I have to agree with Brian on this....it is womans work doing the dishes

Me too. You others must have your old ladies peering over your shoulder as you type.

*** makes sure the ball-and-chain isn't watching ***

BRDSR
02-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Brian Anderson, blah blah blah, Brian Anderson...not the point of this quote...

Dude, we live like, 30 yards away from eachother. We eat in same caffeteria. Good luck on midterms, mine are nuts the next two weeks. Peace.