PDA

View Full Version : New intro music?

Whitesox029
02-26-2006, 11:35 AM
I was poking around on youtube.com yesterday and I found the scoreboard video played before game 2 of the World Series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mEPD5dApPg&search=sox%20video
You'll notice that the highlight montage is not set to the Pirates of the Caribbean theme as it has been for pretty much the past two seasons. The last game I was at was ALDS game 2, and they still used the old one that day. Can anyone remember which one was used in the ALCS and WS game 1? I kind of liked the original music, so I hope they change it back.

dakuda
02-26-2006, 11:55 AM
That is the music they put on the version on the Sox Pride DVD. In fact, someone just took that off the DVD and uploaded it.

It was a copyright issue, IIRC. If they use the same video this year, the music will probably be the same as it was last year.

downstairs
02-26-2006, 01:17 PM
The montage is a HUGE fan favorite (just search for it on this site and you'll find 100 threads!)

I am sure they'll add some highlights from 2005- in that the Sox won the World Series :cool:

chisoxfanatic
02-26-2006, 01:20 PM
It was a copyright issue, IIRC. If they use the same video this year, the music will probably be the same as it was last year.

I HOPE so, because the one they use on the World Series DVD just doesn't have "it" for me.

Did they play it this way for the World Series? I clearly remember "Pirates of the Carribean" being played for Game 2 of the ALCS.

DumpJerry
02-26-2006, 03:50 PM
They played "Pirates" at WS games. Don't know why it is not in the DVD, probably a copyright issue.

I was wondering the other day if "Thunderstruck" will be used again or if they will use something else. If Thunderstruck is replaced, what do you nominate?

chisoxfanatic
02-26-2006, 03:52 PM
They played "Pirates" at WS games. Don't know why it is not in the DVD, probably a copyright issue.

I was wondering the other day if "Thunderstruck" will be used again or if they will use something else. If Thunderstruck is replaced, what do you nominate?

They've been using "Thunderstruck" for a while now. It's become a staple of White Sox baseball. I doubt Brooks Boyer would change it.

chisoxmike
02-26-2006, 03:59 PM

I really hope they don't change the Thunderstuck intro, I love it.

DumpJerry
02-26-2006, 03:59 PM
They've been using "Thunderstruck" for a while now. It's become a staple of White Sox baseball. I doubt Brooks Boyer would change it.
I agree. I've been listening to it in my car a lot lately getting ready for April 2.

JohnBasedowYoda
02-26-2006, 04:00 PM

Did they use it in '04? I thought 2005 was the first year they did something like that.

I love the Thunderstruck opening. It might not be original but it does psyche me up.

chisoxmike
02-26-2006, 04:03 PM
I heard a intro for opening day with White Sox highlights over the Goo Goo Dolls song "Better Days." Before the song started a baseball player (don't know who it was) said "Welcome to opening day 2006" then the song started.

I do know the Bulls used "Better Days" and game highlights in a video for opening day of their season.

chisoxfanatic
02-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Did they use it in '04? I thought 2005 was the first year they did something like that.

They sure did! And, I used to actually like the '04 montage better than the '05 one...until mid-may...Then, I saw the light and greatly appreciated the great work of art Brooks gave us!

chisoxmike
02-26-2006, 04:11 PM

I love the Thunderstruck opening. It might not be original but it does psyche me up.

They did use it 04, but they cut Thunderstuck out when the lineups were over and played "Let's get it started in here"

I like how last year they kept Thunderstuck playing until the first pitch.

thomas35forever
02-26-2006, 07:58 PM
I don't like the music that replaced "Pirates" during the intro. I'm thankful I have the montage from the rally.

ChiSoxGirl
02-26-2006, 10:02 PM

Per Brooks Boyer at his Saturday seminar at SoxFest, the intros and songs will remain the same. He responded to this question asked by a fan and simply said, "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" Thunderstruck and the intros are here to stay! :D:

Soxfanspcu11
02-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Per Brooks Boyer at his Saturday seminar at SoxFest, the intros and songs will remain the same. He responded to this question asked by a fan and simply said, "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" Thunderstruck and the intros are here to stay! :D:

SWEET!!!!:bandance:

Frontman
03-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Does anyone have an mp3 of the introduction montage, including the lineup read by the stadium announcer? I'd just rip it from my "Sox Pride" DVD, but I'm computer moronic when it comes to that type of thing.

Thanks,

Front

BackNBlack
03-02-2006, 11:20 AM

I look forward to hearing it everytime.

Chip Z'nuff
03-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Thunderstruck rocks, but if they ever had to change it, I would use the clip from the Nike commercial Ac/dc rock n roll aint noise pollution

nlentz88
03-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I watched the clip on youtube.com, and I must say I really dislike the new music they used instead of the regular tune from Pirates of the Caribean. It sounds like it was played on one of those old Casio keyboards from 80s. Fake drums, fake strings, fake brass section. Blech. I absolutely LOVE the intro they play at the stadium. It brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it and see all those old-time Sox. I hope that they'll have the Pirates theme in this season's intro and not the crap on the youtube.com link.