PDA

View Full Version : Sox Jersey Idea

kruzer31
02-26-2006, 04:33 AM
A Few threads have been posted about the Sox changing the current 16 year reign of the black and white/siver jerseys. My opinion is they should never change. But the reason this thread should stand alone is that the Sox should bring back the old logo from the 80s but incorporate it in silver and black. The logo i speak of is the simple figure who is batting with the helmut from 82-86. The road greys and alternat blacks feature the sock on the sleeve but the home jersey is lacking a patch. Why not put the old batter on the sleeve of home jerseys in black. Would look pretty cool. I know they are having a WS Champion patch this year and in 2007 probably a back to back patch, and if there isnt a 3peat patch in 2008, maybe Brooks could look into the idea.

Nellie_Fox
02-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Helmut = some German guy.
Helmet = head protection.

oeo
02-26-2006, 05:25 PM
The road greys and alternat blacks feature the sock on the sleeve but the home jersey is lacking a patch.

Nope, there's a World Series Champions patch.

Brian26
02-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Why not put the old batter on the sleeve of home jerseys in black. Would look pretty cool.

No, it would look terrible. It doesn't belong there.

Red Barchetta
02-26-2006, 06:04 PM
No, it would look terrible. It doesn't belong there.

I agree! I was never a big fan of the "Pedestrian Crossing" batter logo. The current SOX script logo is the best ever and the Silver/Black color scheme is the best as well. The uniforms are certainly not broke, so let's not "fix" them.

Like earlier comments, we have created a long-needed uniform tradition. My 10 daughter has only seen one SOX uniform and she identifies with it. When I grew up watching the SOX (mostly late 60s, 70s and 80s, I witnessed too many changes.

ewokpelts
02-26-2006, 06:40 PM
the only addition i would be ok with is a city flag on the sleeve....and of course, as many ws/ws champs patches as possible
Gene

I want Mags back
02-26-2006, 06:45 PM
they should never dump the old english logo, its the best. The batter logo is cool- ON THROWBACKS- but thats about it

chisox77
02-26-2006, 07:42 PM
I love the uniforms threads. I've always been into uniforms. And as far as the White Sox go, the uniforms are great. I love that S -O - X logo in Old English style.

And like some of the other posters have expressed, variety can be achieved on throwback days. Other Sox uniforms I would love to see:

1. The 1959 ones they wore against the Dodgers in that incredible 5-3 win, courtesy of AJ's game winning homer.

2. The red pinstripe uniforms of the early 1970s, which many Sox fans, like myself, have a positive association with (Melton, Allen, May, Wood, Kaat, Bahnsen, (even SANTO?!?), and Hermann.

3. The varied color schemes from the ones worn from 1960-67.

4. The green pinstripe uniforms for "Halfway to St. Patrick's;" and,

5. The 1917-1919 ones, which in their own way, really have a cool old school look to them.

IlliniSox4Life
02-26-2006, 08:57 PM
A Few threads have been posted about the Sox changing the current 16 year reign of the black and white/siver jerseys. My opinion is they should never change. But the reason this thread should stand alone is that the Sox should bring back the old logo from the 80s but incorporate it in silver and black. The logo i speak of is the simple figure who is batting with the helmut from 82-86. The road greys and alternat blacks feature the sock on the sleeve but the home jersey is lacking a patch. Why not put the old batter on the sleeve of home jerseys in black. Would look pretty cool. I know they are having a WS Champion patch this year and in 2007 probably a back to back patch, and if there isnt a 3peat patch in 2008, maybe Brooks could look into the idea.

So they should never change the uniforms, but they should change the uniforms?

KRS1
02-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Helmut = some German guy.
Helmet = head protection.

:roflmao:

Thanks man, I needed a good laugh.

my5thbench
02-27-2006, 09:27 AM
those '80's threads were just plain silly forget the changes already

Hangar18
02-27-2006, 09:47 AM
But the reason this thread should stand alone is that the Sox should bring back the old logo from the 80s but incorporate it in silver and black.

NO

Baby Fisk
02-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Unlike a lot of other teams, the Sox have a mind-blowing array of old uniforms they can bring back for throwback days, and thankfully that's been the focus in recent years. Keep it up! :cool:

mjharrison72
02-27-2006, 09:56 AM
I love the current uniforms and don't want them to change, but I'll always like the Sox "batter" logo from the '80s uniforms.

The Critic
02-27-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't want the Sox to change the uniforms, but I would like to see a few more "Turn Back The Clock" days, with the following home uni's:
1968/9 uniforms - my personal favorites, kind of similar to the Tigers home jerseys.
late 80's "Campbell's Soup" uniforms - the ones with the C that looks like an E on the cap
early 70's red pinstripes
late 70's/early 80's collared shirts (but no shorts, PLEASE) :D:

Sox-on-TV44
02-27-2006, 10:30 AM
I love the uniforms threads. I've always been into uniforms. And as far as the White Sox go, the uniforms are great. I love that S -O - X logo in Old English style.

And like some of the other posters have expressed, variety can be achieved on throwback days. Other Sox uniforms I would love to see:

1. The 1959 ones they wore against the Dodgers in that incredible 5-3 win, courtesy of AJ's game winning homer.

2. The red pinstripe uniforms of the early 1970s, which many Sox fans, like myself, have a positive association with (Melton, Allen, May, Wood, Kaat, Bahnsen, (even SANTO?!?), and Hermann.

3. The varied color schemes from the ones worn from 1960-67.

4. The green pinstripe uniforms for "Halfway to St. Patrick's;" and,

5. The 1917-1919 ones, which in their own way, really have a cool old school look to them.

Let not forget this one.....

6.1976-81 ones with the collars,old english letters (wonder how they'll do with AJ's or Pods' jerseys if they do that?lol!!),and either the navy pants or the white pants with navy stripe they wore in '81.(Yes,DON'T bring back the shorts!!!)

Nellie_Fox
02-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the "batter" logo ever appeared anywhere on the uniform except on the warmup jacket.

russ99
02-27-2006, 03:50 PM
early 70's red pinstripes

That would be sweet! Better yet, give me the powder blue and red road "Chicago White Sox" jerseys!

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?Entryid=1180&fileName=al_1971_chicago.gif

IggyD
02-27-2006, 06:23 PM
That would be sweet! Better yet, give me the powder blue and red road "Chicago White Sox" jerseys!

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?Entryid=1180&fileName=al_1971_chicago.gif
yuck ...looks like something for a 2/3 year old boys nursery...
I would prefer this one... with the flying Sox logo
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=al_1926_chicago.gif&Entryid=413

Iggster
02-27-2006, 10:55 PM
I hope they don't chage, I've got a Bo Jackson white pin stripe, Jenks Grey Road, Mark B white pin stripe with black sleeves, and an 85 Fisk jersey lol

If they change Tripple Threat will love me, cuz I'll buy more ha ha

ClaudelSleptHere
02-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the "batter" logo ever appeared anywhere on the uniform except on the warmup jacket.

I believe that is true, Nellie. And one phrase you never have to type on this site is "correct me if I'm wrong." People love to correct, even when you're right.

tick53
03-01-2006, 01:29 PM
I like the uniforms just the way they are. The are the classiest in baseball.
Throwbacks are great. St.Patricks are great, but the 80s looked like softball
uniforms. They fit the 80s, but this is a new era. Have'nt we covered this
ground before?:?: