PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Tickets Going Fast

Viva Medias B's
02-24-2006, 10:13 PM
The St. Louis Cardinals have stopped (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/39B6EB8F91E5EB5E8625711F00638982?OpenDocument) season ticket sales for 2006 due to heavy demand, according to the Post-Dispatch. The Cardinals have already 3M tickets committed to season ticket sales, group sales, etc. There will only be 500K available when tickets go on sale to the general public on March 4 at 9:00 a.m.

Palehose Pete
02-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Wow. Good for the Cards.

I actually think that this is a new "Golden Age" of baseball love in this country. I know pundits like to refer to baseball as "America's Past Time" in a facetious manner, but when I look around, I see people waiting for baseball season like it's the cure and they're sick. OK, maybe people aren't that eager, but there is a demand for this sport that's at least as high as that for football (sorry, but I don't think many people care about hockey or pro basketball).

MUsoxfan
02-24-2006, 10:36 PM
They already are a huge draw. Add a new stadium and what you come up with is a nearly impossible ticket.....especially for the good games.

I'm putting off my trip down there until next year to let a bit of the novelty wear off the locals.

chisoxfanatic
02-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Wow. Good for the Cards.

I actually think that this is a new "Golden Age" of baseball love in this country. I know pundits like to refer to baseball as "America's Past Time" in a facetious manner, but when I look around, I see people waiting for baseball season like it's the cure and they're sick. OK, maybe people aren't that eager, but there is a demand for this sport that's at least as high as that for football (sorry, but I don't think many people care about hockey or pro basketball).

Maybe you're seeing this especially since us SOX fans are unable to wait to see our banners raised in the rafters this year. I certainly can't wait to see the ceremony!!!! :bandance:

Palehose Pete
02-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Yup, you're probably right. Most Sox fans I've run into want the season to have started yesterday. For Sox fans, there is no such thing as "too much baseball." Now, for our significant others who don't follow baseball, well...

Soxfanspcu11
02-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Wow. Good for the Cards.

I think your right about most of this, baseball is back, its mine and my friends favorite sport, there is just something amazing about it.

I do think your wrong about the NBA though, basketball is on the same level as baseball with a lot of people.

Palehose Pete
02-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Maybe basketball, like baseball, is perceived as an also-ran sport, but really it's a very popular sport. I'm not such a fan of the game, so I can't really say what the feeling out there is like towards the sport. I'll take your word for it.

Going back to baseball, though, it just seems like the ticket sales are going though the roof in many markets and that it's getting a large share of the headlines even though there are other sports and an Olympics going on right now. The sport just seems to be on the edge of most casual conversations that I have with people, even about other teams besides the Sox. Then again, maybe I run with a pretty odd crowd!!

JB98
02-25-2006, 12:29 AM
I think your right about most of this, baseball is back, its mine and my friends favorite sport, there is just something amazing about it.

I do think your wrong about the NBA though, basketball is on the same level as baseball with a lot of people.

Nah. People hate the NBA. I enjoy basketball, but I watch only the college game.

Baseball, on the other hand, is beloved by everyone I know.

HotelWhiteSox
02-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Pssh, and you guys were all hating on their ad campaign.

Basketball confuses me. I love it, but find it hard to find that many people that like it, but the Bulls always draw (amazing what MJ will do I guess), there's a few sellout streaks in other arenas, and the tickets don't come cheap.

soxfan1983
02-25-2006, 04:16 AM
Pssh, and you guys were all hating on their ad campaign.

Basketball confuses me. I love it, but find it hard to find that many people that like it, but the Bulls always draw (amazing what MJ will do I guess), there's a few sellout streaks in other arenas, and the tickets don't come cheap.

i really try to care about the bulls, but i havent really been able since jordan left. thats basically when my love for basketball was lost

Soxfanspcu11
02-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Nah. People hate the NBA. I enjoy basketball, but I watch only the college game.

Baseball, on the other hand, is beloved by everyone I know.

To be fair, a lot of people hate baseball as well. Albiet they are morons, they still hate it because they find it "boring" or whatever.

Like I said, baseball is my favorite sport, but I honestly don't know anyone who hates the NBA.

itsnotrequired
02-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Like I said, baseball is my favorite sport, but I honestly don't know anyone who hates the NBA.

I enjoy basketball but hate the NBA...

SOXintheBURGH
02-25-2006, 06:02 PM
I enjoy basketball but hate the NBA...

Add me to that list.