PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Want Back?

crazyozzie02
02-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Me and my dad were debating this and i thought i would bring it to WSI (I apoligize if this was already on here recently) Who would you want back in a sox uni? Nothing matters (money, player already in that posistion, ect.) I just thought that i would get your input. I will put my input in later. Thanks.

Colin

(PS- if you choose other, please put who. Also I know that some of the poll options suck, but i had nothing else to put there)

likeawarlord
02-24-2006, 06:26 PM
i vote rags ordonez. largely because i enjoyed calling him rags.

SOXintheBURGH
02-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Flash Gordon, just to ensure the Sox never lose a game after winning after 6 innings. 5 Aces + Gordon + McCarthy + Hermanson + Cotts + Politte + Jenks = Indestructable

KRS1
02-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Sometimes I wonder what if we still had this guy or that guy, and thenI realize the way it could have changed what happened last season. So basically I say heck with all of them, except of course Frank.

oeo
02-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Sammy Sosa

Big Frank, of course. I'd like to see him finish his career here.

soxinem1
02-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Sometimes I wonder what if we still had this guy or that guy, and thenI realize the way it could have changed what happened last season. So basically I say heck with all of them, except of course Frank.

Ditto. You never know, funnier things have happened.... If Harold Baines and Buddy Bradford can have three White Sox tenures, The Big Hurt can have at least two!!

MUsoxfan
02-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Rowand. He loves the fans and the organization. We love him. IMO, his best days are ahead of him.

mcp5185
02-24-2006, 07:40 PM
I chose Frank simply because he is my all-time favorite player, and I would like to see him retire as a member of the Sox.

If I were going by who would help our current team the most, I would have to say Flash Gordon.

DickAllen72
02-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Carl Everett.

WikdChiSoxFan
02-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Carl Everett.

This is my #2 choice...for the cheers!!!

Give me a C!!!!!

kevin57
02-24-2006, 08:18 PM
What, no Damaso Marte?

I voted for Rowand because of the attitude and chemistry he brings, but to get Thome, it was a good "sacrifice."

delben91
02-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Paniagua and Ritchie

Palehose Pete
02-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Miguel Olivo.

But seriously, folks, I'd like to see Rowand back in the Sox uni.

Brian26
02-24-2006, 09:48 PM
If you're looking at pure talent in its current form and not picking based on your heart (and you get a free pick without giving anything up), I don't see how anyone wouldn't want Carlos Lee back, even to DH or pinch hit.

Palehose Pete
02-24-2006, 10:16 PM
I thought about El Caballo, but I like Rowand's glove in center field better than Lee's bat.

chisoxfanatic
02-24-2006, 10:24 PM
:thechoice

Note, that was meant to be in TEAL! :D:

VenturaSoxFan23
02-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Rowand was the scrappy player every Sox team tends to have. He'll be missed greatly.

bafiarocks03
02-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Ahem...Willie Harris!...

LongLiveFisk
02-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Although I was a bigger Frank fan, I voted Rowand because he's younger and healthier and still has a lot of years left. I'm also one of those people who believe we may see him return to the Sox one day as well. :cool:

tick53
02-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Flash Gordon, just to ensure the Sox never lose a game after winning after 6 innings. 5 Aces + Gordon + McCarthy + Hermanson + Cotts + Politte + Jenks = Indestructable

I agree. Flash would fit in nicely at this juncture.:smile:

TaylorStSox
02-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Flash. He'd fit into our needs the best.

Hopefully, Brian Anderson will run into some walls so people will forget about the mediocre Rowand.

Whitesox4ever
02-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Ordonez would be my choice

spiffie
02-25-2006, 03:25 PM
I said Flash. The others would be for nostalgia. The only other one I would consider for what they could do right now would be Lee. We don't need a pinch-DH. We don't need another CF. Colon would be interesting, but I feel good with our rotation. But damn, Gordon would be a huge pen addition.

caulfield12
02-25-2006, 03:31 PM
If you're looking at pure talent in its current form and not picking based on your heart (and you get a free pick without giving anything up), I don't see how anyone wouldn't want Carlos Lee back, even to DH or pinch hit.

From a talent standpoint, definitely Lee. Clubhouse chemistry, not so sure. I guess we could live with Lee in LF, Pods in CF and Brian Anderson on the bench or in AAA with Sweeney waiting to take Dye´s or Pod´s spot.

But it is irrelevant now.

I probably would have voted for Gordon OR Frank Francisco before the injury and chair-throwing incident.

Colon would be the other pure talent standpoint pick with Lee, but he didn´t seem to enjoy his time here very much, and he only pitched well when he wanted to, at least that was the perception.

From a minor league standpoint, definitely Chris Young, Gio and Josh Rupe.

The Racehorse
02-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Gotta go with Bartolo Colon... you can never have enough pitching, ya know!

Chisox003
02-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Agreed.

Gotta be Colon or Flash.

buehrle4cy05
02-25-2006, 04:20 PM
You never can have too many good bullpen pitchers.

Flash Gordon.

unclegary
02-25-2006, 05:07 PM
I sincerely believe that Williams underestimated the clubhouse presence of Rowand and a lot of people will be singing the blues over the trade by August 1. BRING BACK Rowand. By the way, my niece is Chisoxgirl.

I want Mags back
02-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Big Frank

yes not as my sn would imply (man i hate my name, wich i could change it)

Brian26
02-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Hopefully, Brian Anderson will run into some walls so people will forget about the mediocre Rowand.

This morning Farmer made the point that this year our CF might be catching balls routinely that were caught with dives last year. The average fans see the diving catch and think that's a good thing, but it's not a true sign of a great CF.

jehosaphat
02-25-2006, 10:10 PM

Right .... and think what trade bait he'd be come July. If I was going with my heart, I go with Rowand.

The Dude
02-25-2006, 10:56 PM
other - None of the above.

We are a better team without those players/salaries....period.

thomas35forever
02-25-2006, 11:45 PM
As much as I'd love to have Rowand back, I have to give my vote to Frank. He's been my favorite player since I started following baseball 9 1/2 years ago. If I could have two back, it would be Frank and Aaron, but Frank will always be a White Sox in my heart. Here's to you, big guy!:cool:

jehosaphat
02-26-2006, 12:11 AM
other - None of the above.

We are a better team without those players/salaries....period.

Well, Dude, I think your copping out on the question. I was assuming that we didn't have to take their salaries. Yes, we have to take their bad attitude, poor defensive skills, theories about the origin of man and existence of dinosaurs, etc. - we'd have take em as they are -but, the player of choice (i.e., chosen one) would simply show up in the clubhouse with a Sox uniform on, like a Star Trek character that was beamed to another planet. I'm sure the Big Lebowski would have interpreted this question the same way.
So, if the question is, "Which player would we like to have for free?", of the choices offered, I'd still take Bartollo. If you think we'd be better simply passing on the whole lot of them even they were free of charge, then I accept your answer.

DaleJRFan
02-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Is this poll based on player performace during their prime, or "right now"?? If it is based on a player's prime, this poll should have only ONE option.

If it is based on right now, I have to go with Gordon. What a bullpen that would be.. Thinking about it makes me dizzzy...

jehosaphat
02-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Is this poll based on player performace during their prime, or "right now"?? If it is based on a player's prime, this poll should have only ONE option.

If it is based on right now, I have to go with Gordon. What a bullpen that would be.. Thinking about it makes me dizzzy...

I was assuming right now - this very second - but, I suppose I should stop making up the rules, especially since I was a latecomer to the discussion ... still, I rather have Colon "right now" than Gordon

Stoky44
02-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Out of shire need I voted Rowand. Though having THomas would have been nice. Even nicer would be to have Colon, man our staff would then be crazy, crazier than it already is. No real need for the others, and Flash is getting a little old.

voodoochile
02-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Out of shire need I voted Rowand.

Now I know that Rowand isn't that tall and I admit I have no idea if he has hairy feet, but why would the Hobbits need Rowand?:D:

Stoky44
02-26-2006, 10:30 AM
[quote=Stoky44]Out of sheer need I voted Rowand. Though having Thomas would have been nice. Even nicer would be to have Colon, man our staff would then be crazy, crazier than it already is. No real need for the others, and Flash is getting a little old.[/quot0e]

Edit: word choice/spelling

Stoky44
02-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Now I know that Rowand isn't that tall and I admit I have no idea if he has hairy feet, but why would the Hobbits need Rowand?:D:

Thanks for the help.

esbrechtel
02-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Rowand. He loves the fans and the organization. We love him. IMO, his best days are ahead of him.

agree 100% he'll have a gold glove season this year....

mrs. hendu
02-26-2006, 06:57 PM
My vote goes to Aaron Rowand.

alohafri
02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
As much as I'd love to have Rowand back, I have to give my vote to Frank. He's been my favorite player since I started following baseball 9 1/2 years ago. If I could have two back, it would be Frank and Aaron, but Frank will always be a White Sox in my heart. Here's to you, big guy!:cool:

Frank was a great player; probably the greatest to ever wear a White Sox uniform, but there is no way I take him back now. Reason #1, he is done, over the hill. Reason #2, he has proven what many people have said about his attitude. He has acted more like Sammy Sosa in the past few months than Sammy Sosa!

dcb56
02-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Other: Carl Everett

Not only is Carl an entertaining quote machine, he's still a productive hitter. Given KW's history it wouldn't surprise me if he finds himself back to the South Side this year if Thome goes down with an extended injury. :tongue:

we be jake
02-27-2006, 09:13 AM
FRANK

MsSoxVixen22
02-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Aaron Rowand.....hands down.