PDA

View Full Version : Sox-Cubs at urinal sold out

NoNeckEra
02-24-2006, 01:25 PM
The message on the virtual wait page on the cubs' tix site says all three sox games are sold out in addition to two cardinal games.

OfficerKark
02-24-2006, 01:28 PM
how much better is the sox setup for getting tix than the cubs. cubs system is brutal, just like the orginization.

SoxFan78
02-24-2006, 01:42 PM
As I mentioned in the thread in talking baseball, I managed to get 6 in the upper deck row 3 for the Friday game. Had to wait a hour and a half in the VWR though

Chicken Dinner
02-24-2006, 01:42 PM
That's normal

NorthSideSox72
02-24-2006, 02:18 PM
how much better is the sox setup for getting tix than the cubs. cubs system is brutal, just like the orginization.
Actually, I'd say their system is better. VWR is a lot better than having the headaches of all the error prone crap with too much traffic. Regulating internet traffic to the site that way is actually better. I wish the Sox did it that way. Plus the Cubs get to do walk-ups at the park on first day also, and phone ticketing, which the Sox don't allow.

downstairs
02-24-2006, 02:21 PM
The strange thing- for me- is that these games mean almost nothing to me anymore.

Hey, its their World Series now... so I guess I can see the excitement.

Personally, I care more about the last few games of the season- trying to figure which one we clinch on...

Sad
02-24-2006, 02:28 PM

SOX use Ticketmaster
Cubs use tickets.com...
I think TM is built to handle high volume transactions better than tickets.com

spiffie
02-24-2006, 02:28 PM
The strange thing- for me- is that these games mean almost nothing to me anymore.

Hey, its their World Series now... so I guess I can see the excitement.

Personally, I care more about the last few games of the season- trying to figure which one we clinch on...
There's a still a buzz for those games, for me, that I don't feel when I go to see a random game against KC or DET on a random Wed. night. Obviously in comparison to how I felt standing in the rain watching Podsednik's ball leave the yard and being part of the biggest group hug I've ever had in my life, the crosstown games pale. But for a nice adrenaline boost in the middle of the season they still work for me.

Plus, I'm a bit of an *******, so I'm looking forward to going to the Urinal in full World Champs gear.

OT: The Flub fans might have to worry this year, the ticket demand does not seem as sharp as last year...if they lose their Attendance Trophy they will be totally empty.

NoNeckEra
02-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Update: As of 2pm, they were only showing 3 sellouts, outside of opening day and the Sox series. Either the ticket system is slow(and we know that's true) and/or the wild-eyed, buy tickets first and ask questions later mentality of Cubs' fans is slipping away.

MySoxAreClean
02-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Not the philly game be nice to invade in white sox colors to cheer on A ROWAND

SouthSideHitman
02-24-2006, 03:30 PM
SOX use Ticketmaster
Cubs use tickets.com...

Ticketmaster may be better able to handle large volume, but they are absolutly brutal in terms of "convience charges" and such. I actually kinda think that ticketmaster is Satan, so I kinda like the cubs system, if only in that one respect.

Mickster
02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
SOX use Ticketmaster
Cubs use tickets.com...

Did I read somewhere that MLB purched tickets.com?

chidavid18
02-24-2006, 03:38 PM
and brought tickets in the 23rd row behind home and hour before the game at the box office.

Dan Mega
02-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Update: As of 2pm, they were only showing 3 sellouts, outside of opening day and the Sox series. Either the ticket system is slow(and we know that's true) and/or the wild-eyed, buy tickets first and ask questions later mentality of Cubs' fans is slipping away.

The waiting room queue I was in was showing like 10 sellouts as of 2:00 pm.

Then again, "sellout" in the Cubune dictionary means 10% of tickets were sold, the other 90% of tickets were giving to the broker which they own and profit off of.

OfficerKark
02-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Actually, I'd say their system is better. VWR is a lot better than having the headaches of all the error prone crap with too much traffic. Regulating internet traffic to the site that way is actually better. I wish the Sox did it that way. Plus the Cubs get to do walk-ups at the park on first day also, and phone ticketing, which the Sox don't allow.

you've got to be one of the 85 percent of cubs fans who can make the weekday-day games cause they dont have jobs. why dont you lame cub fans get off your ass and earn a living. everything about that orginization blows, how can you defend anything about them expecially their way of screwing "fans" on tickets. i wouldnt be suprised if they offer tickets to scalpers before the players families.

Gammons Peter
02-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Did I read somewhere that MLB purched tickets.com?

I know the Cardinals use tickets.com. Sox may be in the minority not using it

NorthSideSox72
02-24-2006, 04:48 PM
you've got to be one of the 85 percent of cubs fans who can make the weekday-day games cause they dont have jobs. why dont you lame cub fans get off your ass and earn a living. everything about that orginization blows, how can you defend anything about them expecially their way of screwing "fans" on tickets. i wouldnt be suprised if they offer tickets to scalpers before the players families.

I knew someone would take my post and make it into me being a Cubs fan. Are you twelve or something? Can you not look at things objectively? I could care less about the Cubs, but the fact is their ticketing system is better (not the scalping part, the ticket purchasing part). I don't think their internal scalping BS is good - I just think their internet ticketing system is less prone to problems than the one the Sox use.

Dan Mega
02-24-2006, 04:53 PM
I knew someone would take my post and make it into me being a Cubs fan. Are you twelve or something? Can you not look at things objectively? I could care less about the Cubs, but the fact is their ticketing system is better (not the scalping part, the ticket purchasing part). I don't think their internal scalping BS is good - I just think their internet ticketing system is less prone to problems than the one the Sox use.

Oh, and, your posts might carry more weight if they weren't loaded with misspellings and grammatical errors.

I'm with you on that. Their post was petty, I see it going to the roadhouse soon. As soon as a mod sees it :wink:

TomBradley72
02-24-2006, 04:55 PM

Has Lee Elia joined WSI? :cool:

NorthSideSox72
02-24-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm with you on that. Their post was petty, I see it going to the roadhouse soon. As soon as a mod sees it :wink:

Along with my response, potentially. I should probably remove that last sentence, that was petty on my part.

EDIT: Line removed.

comet2k
02-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Welcome to WSI. I'm new here, too, but I think it's better to say too little when you're just getting acquainted instead of coming on like Rambo after a bad day at the office. Just like in life, you know what I mean?

comet2k
02-24-2006, 05:35 PM
I was in the "virtual waiting room" for about four hours hoping to get tickets to see Aaron Rowand. I checked it periodically, and it appeared I was still in the queue because the list of sold-out games kept getting longer. But a little after 2 p.m. I said the heck with it.

At least I wasn't standing in line outside Wrigley Field.

salty99
02-24-2006, 05:47 PM
There are still tickets available for the phillies games..bleachers as well.

Mots09
02-24-2006, 05:53 PM
I think Wrigley as a ballpark uses tickets.com b/c when I went to Buffett last year there we had to purchase tickets from tickets.com not ticketmaster.

soxjim
02-24-2006, 10:26 PM
I know this season will be different. Last season I was able to get 2 tickets in the upper deck for Friday's game at the urinal. I was lucky enough to get them on line that Thursday.

LongLiveFisk
02-25-2006, 09:24 AM

Well, according to a blurb on CLTV yesterday, they sold tickets at a record pace. If that's true, these people are even dumber than we originally thought, and this would be no simple task.

Revolution29
02-25-2006, 10:47 AM
I would think any system would be better than ticketmaster. If you need a reminder of that, think back to last october when a whole bunch of us tried to get Series tickets and their system just crapped out. :rolleyes:

doogiec
02-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Well, according to a blurb on CLTV yesterday, they sold tickets at a record pace. If that's true, these people are even dumber than we originally thought, and this would be no simple task.

In other words, they dumped 300,000 tickets on their scalping operation Friday morning instead of the usual 200,000.

anewman35
02-25-2006, 12:39 PM
I would think any system would be better than ticketmaster. If you need a reminder of that, think back to last october when a whole bunch of us tried to get Series tickets and their system just crapped out. :rolleyes:

Series tickets were going to be hard no matter what. What the Cubs system does is make it really hard to get tickets to ANY game day of sale. TM doesn't have that problem.

Frankfan4life
02-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Well, according to a blurb on CLTV yesterday, they sold tickets at a record pace. If that's true, these people are even dumber than we originally thought, and this would be no simple task.Not surprising. Winning the attendance world series is all they want.