PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Cubs at Wrigley

russ99
02-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Sweet!

I got tickets for Sox vs. Cubs at Wrigley with 4 of my Sox-fan friends on June 30th.

I'll be sure to walk up and down aisles and obstruct the view of other fans while the Cubs are batting, spill lots of beer, especially on and under seats, urinate in non-specified areas, break commemorative statues and otherwise do to Wrigley Field what those Cub fans did to us at Comiskey last year.

Hopefully, we'll kick some Cubbie butt, too.

Dick Allen
02-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Sweet!

I got tickets for Sox vs. Cubs at Wrigley with 4 of my Sox-fan friends on June 30th.

I'll be sure to walk up and down aisles and obstruct the view of other fans while the Cubs are batting, spill lots of beer, especially on and under seats, urinate in non-specified areas, break commemorative statues and otherwise do to Wrigley Field what those Cub fans did to us at Comiskey last year.

Hopefully, we'll kick some Cubbie butt, too.All you really need to do is wear your Sox World Series gear.

Hangar18
02-24-2006, 12:07 PM
All you really need to do is wear your Sox World Series gear.

Yep. I'll simply wear my World Series related merchandise to these games

russ99
02-24-2006, 12:09 PM

Good point! That really says it all. :smile:

Cellview22
02-24-2006, 12:11 PM
These games are gonna be insane! If the games at Wrigley are filled with 15,000 + Sox fans, I can't imagine the atmosphere this year. I can already hear the chants from Sox fans: "1908.. 1908".

It'll be cool to see all the Sox World Series Championship gear in the crowd. Probably more fights this year than most.. it's gonna get out of hand!

NSSoxFan
02-24-2006, 12:15 PM
These games are gonna be insane! If the games at Wrigley are filled with 15,000 + Sox fans, I can't imagine the atmosphere this year. I can already hear the chants from Sox fans: "1908.. 1908".

It'll be cool to see all the Sox World Series Championship gear in the crowd. Probably more fights this year than most.. it's gonna get out of hand!

Only for the flubsessed.

Chicken Dinner
02-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Sweet!

Hopefully, we'll kick some Cubbie butt, too.

Just don't act like a moron if your wearing Sox gear.

chisoxmike
02-24-2006, 12:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with going and wearing your WS Champs stuff, but dont be an ass about it. Like chanting 1908 1908. Let's not turn into Red Sox fans. Red Sox fans were at the cell last year chanting 1917 and I thought that was really ****ing lame seeing how they just won one and now they're acting like they win a WS every year.

Go and root for your team. Dont waste time yelling at Cubs fans and taunting them with winning the world series.

Saying nothing to them while wearing your WS hat and shirt does a lot more than being a jag.

Railsplitter
02-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Should all Sox fans going to Wrigley this year be required to wear "Sox World Champs" gear?

schmitty9800
02-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Should all Sox fans going to Wrigley this year be required to wear "Sox World Champs" gear?Definitely, along with sneaking in a keg of Miller Lite.

areilly
02-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Saying nothing to them while wearing your WS hat and shirt does a lot more than being a jag.

True, but you've got to beat them at their own game. After so many years of legitimate cracks and uninformed potshots about the park, the attendance, the neighborhood, etc., etc., we Sox fans have the ultimate prize on our side. I plan to rub it in the Cub fans' faces every chance I get.

Call me low-class. Also call me ecstatic. :cool:

The Dude
02-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Definitely, along with sneaking in a keg of Miller Lite.

no way. the only thing good about Wrigley is Bud!:cool:

SouthSide_HitMen
02-24-2006, 01:09 PM
no way. the only thing good about Wrigley is Bud!:cool:

:yup: :cheers:

The "virtual waiting room" cleared out once the World Champion White Sox were sold out. Outside of St. Louis, it appears fans are scarce for the remainder of the schedule. :cool:

russ99
02-24-2006, 01:19 PM

I was just joking around about that "getting even" at Wrigley stuff. It was more a commentary about what a bunch of immature clowns certain Cubs fans were at our park last year. Besides, why stoop to their level?

It's enough for me just to be invading enemy territory and giving everyone a small taste of how the Sox are taking over this town. I'll be cheering quite loudly for the Sox wearing my Sox gear, swinging around my white sock.

skottyj242
02-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Should all Sox fans going to Wrigley this year be required to wear "Sox World Champs" gear?

Only when they're playing each other. I can't stand when people wear that ugly blue in my park, be a better person. Do what I do: I just buy a brand new hat of the team they're playing so it looks obvious, then if someone asks I tell them my two favorite teams are the White Sox and whoever is playing the Cubs.

Sox35th
02-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Cubs vs Sox.........This is all that I have to say!!

Cubs Pride!!

http://www.ronniewoowoo.com/images/fun-horse.jpg

Sox Pride!!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/7/sox_pitchers.jpg

Crede_Fan
02-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Be respectful at their park. The World Champ gear says it all. But the weekend they are at the Cell... Break out the 1908 chants.

TheOldRoman
02-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Only for the flubsessed. No. It is perfectly fine to go see the Sox trounce the Cubs, even if it is at the urinal. You can wearing your Sox attire, hold up signs, and even rib the urinal dwellers a little, as long as you remain civil. The reason you are there is the watch the WORLD CHAMPIONS, not to make fun of the blue sheep.
However, there is no reason whatsoever to go the Cubs games, let alone wearing Sox attire and holding signs if the Sox aren't playing there. The stooge Cubs fans showed their inferiority complex the last several years by paying money to come to our park, drink our beer, and eat our food, only to watch a team they hate. At probably every single regular season game last year there were at least 1,500 Cubs fans who paid damn good money to make asses of themselves wearing loser blue or buying hats of the opponents and pretending to root for them. And of course, they "couldn't possibly care less about the Sox". Don't be like them!

As for the 1908 chants, get it out of the way at the home series. Be civil on the road (even among drunken asses) but let them have it on our turf. Attendance trophies or banners, however, would be nice to bring along to the Urinal.:cool:

whitesoxwin
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM

The chant should be "We can't wait for 2008"...just another knife in the ol' back of a Flub fan.
I can just hear the "OhhhhhhhhhhhhhhNoooooooooOhhhhhhhhMannnnnn.... What's it gonna take to get somebody to play that position. Heck, I should go down there.....And I don't have any legs!!"--whines a dejected Santo.
Life is good!!

JohnBasedowYoda
02-24-2006, 02:35 PM

It was awesome last year. I went to the 1st game where Freddy dominated. Pics in the gallery. I put one of the "L" flag.

kevin57
02-24-2006, 02:57 PM
I would join those who caution about making an ass of oneself. Sure, wear the championship gear, cheer like mad when the Sox score, but no need to rub anything in. Flub fans know who the champs are. Let our pitchers and batters do all the bragging.

SOXPHILE
02-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, don't be an ass. If you're going to the Urinal, wear your Sox gear, bring funny, witty signs. Cheer on the Sox. Rib the Flubbie fans in a good natured way. If they start with all the "Sox suck" and "You guys got luck", or "Go back to the ghetto", etc. - (things we've all heard before)- the best way to confuse them and shut them down, is to present to them facts & stats. You know. Who won the last World Series, who has had more winning seasons in their lifetimes, which team has gone the longest without winning a championship, etc. More often than not, they get extremely confused, give you this look like a dog that hears a high pitched noise, and slink away.

TomBradley72
02-24-2006, 03:42 PM
It's a rivalry....go nuts and take it to 'em without being abusive or doing something around families/children that is inappropriate. Chant, cheer, carry signs, have fun......

jdm2662
02-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, have fun to all that scored tickets. As already mentioned, don't act like a complete moron. Wear your World Series Championship attire with pride, cheer on when the Sox score, but don't do childish bs...

spiffie
02-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, have fun to all that scored tickets. As already mentioned, don't act like a complete moron. Wear your World Series Championship attire with pride, cheer on when the Sox score, but don't do childish bs...
If you're interested in coming this year, let Danny know. We haven't spoken yet, so I know none of his are spoken for.

1951Campbell
02-24-2006, 06:25 PM
There's nothing wrong with going and wearing your WS Champs stuff, but dont be an ass about it. Like chanting 1908 1908. Let's not turn into Red Sox fans. Red Sox fans were at the cell last year chanting 1917 and I thought that was really ****ing lame seeing how they just won one and now they're acting like they win a WS every year.

Go and root for your team. Dont waste time yelling at Cubs fans and taunting them with winning the world series.

I don't know, a little "1908" is not the end of the world. It's less rude than what British fans chanted after winning the 1966 World Cup over Germany:

[to the tune of "Camptown Races"]: Two World Wars and one World Cup, doo da, doo da!

:D:

soxfan43
02-24-2006, 07:31 PM
I went to all 3 games last year at wrigley and it was hard to not lose my cool amongst cub fans. I'm sure they won't be trying to rile us up too bad this year obviously. Most of the cubs fans I sat near last year were actual baseball fans so we had some good arguements going on. but after the game was a different story, my buddy was arguing with some kid outside a bar and all of a sudden he got sucker punched by some other cub fan, who then proceeded to jump in a cab. im sure, myself included,that most of the sox fans this year will just laugh at any attempt by a cubs fan to start a baseball arguement.

TommyJohn
02-24-2006, 08:28 PM

Now why in the world would you want to actually act civil when it's so much
more fun being a bleephead?

Realist
02-24-2006, 09:06 PM
"Who's your daaaaa-dyyyyyy?"
*clap clap..... clapclapclap*
"Who's your daaaaa-dyyyyyy?"

"Where's your troooo-phyyyy?"

itsnotrequired
02-24-2006, 11:15 PM

Agreed. Wear some Philadelphia Athletics gear and wait for the confused looks.

Palehose Pete
02-24-2006, 11:26 PM

Gotta say, even though it is so flipping tempting to rub Cubs fans' faces in it, it actually feels cooler to lay back in the cut, knowing that they know that you're a Sox fan, the Sox won the WS, and you're not saying a thing about it because, hey, your team won it all so more do you have to say?

1951Campbell
02-24-2006, 11:46 PM

That's the one! :D:

itsnotrequired
02-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Gotta say, even though it is so flipping tempting to rub Cubs fans' faces in it, it actually feels cooler to lay back in the cut, knowing that they know that you're a Sox fan, the Sox won the WS, and you're not saying a thing about it because, hey, your team won it all so more do you have to say?

You're livin' in the past, man!

Palehose Pete
02-25-2006, 12:11 AM
You're livin' in the past, man!

Nice!! :D:

jdm2662
02-25-2006, 08:20 AM
If you're interested in coming this year, let Danny know. We haven't spoken yet, so I know none of his are spoken for.

Thanks dude. We will have to see what my schedule is like, but I would love to be able to get to any game this year, let alone the Cubs series.

DrCrawdad
02-25-2006, 08:43 AM
I don't know, a little "1908" is not the end of the world. It's less rude than what British fans chanted after winning the 1966 World Cup over Germany:

[to the tune of "Camptown Races"]: Two World Wars and one World Cup, doo da, doo da!

:D:

Now that is funny!

I have absolutely no problem with a chant of "1908!"

DrCrawdad
02-25-2006, 08:45 AM

Who's Danny? And how can I let him know that I'd like to go too?

Steelrod
02-25-2006, 08:59 AM
For what it's worth, no one needs to be confrontational or arguementive. All you need to say is the following;

I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE WHAT YOU ARE FEELING ABOUT NOW!

It says it all !

soxwon
02-25-2006, 08:32 PM

Lets make this a rule.
ONLY WEAR SOX WORLD SERIES GEAR!!!
Regular sox gear is fine- but WS GEAR is real SPECIAL!!!!

Dvnout
02-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Of course as Sox fans we should act classier than fans of the cub, but sometimes you just have to let them know exactly where they stand. In 2004 I took one of my daughters to a Sox-cub game at Wrigley. On the El on the way home a older pair of cub fans, dressed in their blue and red finest, including the cub Mardi Gras beads were giving a Sox fan on the train a bad time. After a few minutes I asked them what happened in the playoffs the last year. I told them I turned off the TV with 5 outs left in game 6 of the NLDS and wanted to know what happened. I mean with Cy Prior that day and Cy Wood the next it was a given they were going to the World Series. They couldn't have choked that away! I asked if that choke job had hurt them. THey just looked at the ground and in a very small voice said it did hurt.

I then turned to my fellow Sox fan and just told him that sometimes to get a mule's attention you just the smack them with a 2 by 4.

DrCrawdad
02-25-2006, 10:21 PM

Let your World Series Championship Trophy tour continue to Wrigley!

SouthSoxFan
03-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I suspect a lot of Cubs fans will be conveniently busy or out of town that weekend. Tickets should be plentiful, and we should have a strong contingent of Sox fans there. I've got my tickets for Friday.

areilly
03-02-2006, 10:28 AM
I'll be there Sunday in my 'Comiskey Park' t-shirt looking down in disgust at the blind Cubbie faithful and probably screaming my guts out in defense of every Sox fan who finds him/herself on the receiving end of Wrigleyfied verbal assaults.

Oh baby, is this gonna be fun!