PDA

View Full Version : My Frank Story

wags1978
02-24-2006, 01:23 AM
I used to listen to Sox games on a small AM clock radio when I was a kid. I remember Frank Thomas's first at bat...it was a hit.....it was a triple.....I recall the announcer thinking, he's fast for a big man....ha!

Anyways....today when I saw a Frank stroy on ESPN.com, i skipped it.....about an hour later I came back and looked at the Frank recovering from injury story.....last year, that would be the only thing I would have looked at, now I don't even look...

On may 22 I will see him return in another uniform....I plan on cheering, but, well I worry I may not care at alll......

gobears1987
02-24-2006, 08:47 AM
If you don't cheer for Frank, then you truly aren't a Sox fan. Sox fans should cheer for Frank, especially after all he did for this team. It will be sad to see him in another uniform, but I will give him the standing ovation he deserves.

Rooney4Prez56
02-24-2006, 11:15 AM
The first baseball game I went to, I saw Big Frank hit a homer and the fireworks went off. I don't remember anything else about that game, but I remember Frank. I will give him an ovation at home.

LongLiveFisk
02-24-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll be there and I'll be cheering for Frank. No matter what anyone thinks of the things he says, he has done a hell of a lot in a White Sox uniform and guys like him and not a dime a dozen. At least not on the South Side of Chicago.

NonetheLoaiza
02-25-2006, 10:51 AM
For all of us around 20 year olds. Frank Thomas IS the Chicago White Sox. He's been playing for the Sox ever since I can remember. Doing anything but cheering for him should not even be thought about.