PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the rings yet?

RallyBowl
02-23-2006, 06:00 PM
I've been looking all over the internet for pics and haven't found anything yet. Who is making them? I can't wait to see them. On a related note, my bro scored tickets for the ring ceremony game, first 20,000 get replicas, and I will be one of them. It's a 1 pm game, so what time can you go to tailgate? I'm not going to work that day, so I want to start partying in the lot at like 7 in the morning. Is this possible?

WSox8404
02-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I've been looking all over the internet for pics and haven't found anything yet. Who is making them? I can't wait to see them. On a related note, my bro scored tickets for the ring ceremony game, first 20,000 get replicas, and I will be one of them. It's a 1 pm game, so what time can you go to tailgate? I'm not going to work that day, so I want to start partying in the lot at like 7 in the morning. Is this possible?

Nothing out there as of yet. I just hope to God that the ring is pretty nice and actually fits me kind of well. I swear I would never take that thing off for at least a month or so.

gbergman
02-23-2006, 06:58 PM
i wish i could have one. what i think the coolest though away from our sox was when the Angels won back in 02 everyone who worked at the stadium got an actual ring meaning security, vendors, parking people, all got actual rings. Seeing as how according to the tribune the sox have very little fans i wish JR would make these actual:D: . pink cause theres always hope atleast a fools.

WSox8404
02-23-2006, 07:06 PM
i wish i could have one. what i think the coolest though away from our sox was when the Angels won back in 02 everyone who worked at the stadium got an actual ring meaning security, vendors, parking people, all got actual rings. Seeing as how according to the tribune the sox have very little fans i wish JR would make these actual:D: . pink cause theres always hope atleast a fools.

Boston did the same last year as well.

chisoxfanatic
02-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Grandstand would make a KILLING off selling those replicas! How about selling them for Chicago White Sox Charities!

Or, perhaps that would be a great fundraiser for the Windy City Sox Fans?

HotelWhiteSox
02-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Grandstand would make a KILLING off selling those replicas! How about selling them for Chicago White Sox Charities!

Or, perhaps that would be a great fundraiser for the Windy City Sox Fans?

I wish, but Brooks told me they are not selling replicas :(: I'm happy I scored a couple tix to the ring ceremony though

oeo
02-23-2006, 07:58 PM
I wish, but Brooks told me they are not selling replicas :(: I'm happy I scored a couple tix to the ring ceremony though

Seems kind of dumb, they could make a killing.

And I'm glad I'm going too. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
02-23-2006, 07:59 PM

Oh, well. I've got about $400 of World Series stuff right now, a season ticket package for the defending World Series Champions, AND a World Series smile! That's enough to make this Sox fan happy! :D:

NSSoxFan
02-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Just a warning...

I got two of the replica rings that the Bulls gave away after they won the championships in '97 and '98. They were nothing like the ones the Bulls actually got and one of them had an MGD logo on the side of the ring.

So, before anyone comes and complains after the game on April 4th...

- don't be surprised if the design of the ring is nothing like the real one
- don't be surprised if the ring does not fit ANY of your fingers
- DON'T COMPLAIN

koch44
02-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Just a warning...

I got two of the replica rings that the Bulls gave away after they won the championships in '97 and '98. They were nothing like the ones the Bulls actually got and one of them had an MGD logo on the side of the ring.

- DON'T COMPLAIN

I bet they'll have this on them:

Top of ring- World Series Champs (Sox Logo)

One Side- 2005

Other Side- Big Pepsi Logo

oeo
02-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Just a warning...

- DON'T COMPLAIN

Well, I don't think anyone is expecting something spectacular...it is a free give-away, but I don't care how lame it may look, it will still be awesome to have (something only 19,999 other people have and it's a World Series ring!!). If you are, then I guess you should get ready for disappointment.

Brian26
02-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Just a warning...

- DON'T COMPLAIN

Finally a voice of reason. You can guarantee that whatever is given away will have a large corporate logo on it.

Frankfan4life
02-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Just a warning...

- DON'T COMPLAINDoes this also mean that I'm not going to get an exact replica of the WS trophy on April 5th? :(:

chisoxfanatic
02-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Does this also mean that I'm not going to get an exact replica of the WS trophy on April 5th? :(:

Has anyone seen the trophies they're going to be handing out to us on that Wednesday? I'll be most likely going to that game...It's part of my season ticket plan.

Ventura Fan 23
02-23-2006, 08:54 PM
I wonder how high these will be going for on ebay...

I want one so bad, I wish I had tickets to the ceremony :(:

SOXPHILE
02-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Has anyone seen the trophies they're going to be handing out to us on that Wednesday? I'll be most likely going to that game...It's part of my season ticket plan.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BWFI7W.01-A28OMVO3VNOVYM._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000BWFI7W/ref=dp_image_0/103-2728722-4829419?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3375251&s=sporting-goods)

I think these are them. They're a little bigger than the palm of your hand. I already have one, and they're sold as "White Sox World Series Trophy Paperweights". If anyone else thinks or knows that they'll be giving away something different, let us know !

chisoxfanatic
02-23-2006, 09:30 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BWFI7W.01-A28OMVO3VNOVYM._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000BWFI7W/ref=dp_image_0/103-2728722-4829419?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3375251&s=sporting-goods)

I think these are them. They're a little bigger than the palm of your hand. I already have one, and they're sold as "White Sox World Series Trophy Paperweights". If anyone else thinks or knows that they'll be giving away something different, let us know !

Those are SWEET!!! I can't wait to get one of those in my office here at home!!!

kjkobs
02-23-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't see why they can't give out the WS rings to everyone in attendance on 4/4. With all of the success and publicity of this team, there isn't another sponsor for the other 15-20k?

NSSoxFan
02-23-2006, 09:36 PM
I don't see why they can't give out the WS rings to everyone in attendance on 4/4. With all of the success and publicity of this team, there isn't another sponsor for the other 15-20k?

If getting a replica ring is so important to you, make the effort to get to the game early enough.

oeo
02-23-2006, 10:03 PM

I thought Hangar was making 20,000 of them...bummer.

chisoxfanatic
02-23-2006, 10:07 PM
I thought Hangar was making 20,000 of them...bummer.

Last I heard, he was making a replica of the replica...Me want!!!

Baby Fisk
02-24-2006, 10:37 AM
It's not for lack of sponsors. All teams deliberately give out a limited number of promotional items. It encourages fans to come to the park an hour earlier than they normally would. Once the fans get their ring/trophy/bobblehead/whatever, they have extra time to mill around the park = more drinks and food sold.

Tekijawa
02-24-2006, 10:48 AM
If Oprah owned the team everyone in attendace on the 4th would get REAL RINGS! Cell! I Mean Sell Jerry!

Hangar18
02-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Just a warning...

- DON'T COMPLAIN

Amen. Despite what Brooks says, the SOX will sell replica versions of THEIR Rings ........the SOX wont just let money sit on the table like that. I promise you. They'll give away bogus versions of rings (which is fine) and later ....after everyone gets their appetite for a ring whetted, they'll "announce" selling Rings for Charity or something like that. Im going to this game, but not really worried about getting a ring or not .................
some of you act like theyre giving the exact replica of their ring away.
The rings the SOX will have wont have Pepsi on it, nor will it be plastic

Hangar18
02-24-2006, 11:01 AM

Yes, those are the trophys they will be giving away. Im sure the SOX arent happy knowing people can just go to Grandstand and get their own for $14.99

Iwritecode
02-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Yes, those are the trophys they will be giving away. Im sure the SOX arent happy knowing people can just go to Grandstand and get their own for $14.99

Somehow I'm doubting they'll be giving away $15 paper weights...

Whatever they give out, I'm betting it will be plastic or cheap/thin metal.

crazyozzie02
02-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Do we have conformation that they are going to be plastic?

Iwritecode
02-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Do we have conformation that they are going to be plastic?

No.

hillbilly
02-24-2006, 11:36 AM
I can guarantee you that everyone that works in the stadium or has something to do with game events is not getting a ring....oh well....I don't blame Reinsdorf. That has to be expensive. :D:

Steelrod
02-24-2006, 11:56 AM
If Oprah owned the team everyone in attendace on the 4th would get REAL RINGS! Cell! I Mean Sell Jerry!
Oprah gives nothing away. She makes other people pay. 30 minute show on XM for $50 million!
Be grateful she doesn't own the Sox, as her mindset would charge 100-1000 per ticket. I can see why you still hate Jerry and love Oprah. Look at what's she's done for YOU!!
Thanks Jerry for all the championships!

34 Inch Stick
02-24-2006, 11:59 AM
"First you see the ring and then you die..."

GoSoxGo22
02-24-2006, 11:59 AM
I can guarantee you that everyone that works in the stadium or has something to do with game events is not getting a ring....oh well....I don't blame Reinsdorf. That has to be expensive. :D:

ALL full-time employees of the Sox do get a WS Ring. I believe the number is around 150 rings, not including the players. I have this on good authority from someone who will actually be getting one...I can't wait to see it. He may actually let me wear it from time to time.

Hangar18
02-24-2006, 12:05 PM
ALL full-time employees of the Sox do get a WS Ring. I believe the number is around 150 rings, not including the players. I have this on good authority from someone who will actually be getting one...I can't wait to see it. He may actually let me wear it from time to time.

does this employees first name start with an "A"?

Steelrod
02-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Well, I don't think anyone is expecting something spectacular...it is a free give-away, but I don't care how lame it may look, it will still be awesome to have (something only 19,999 other people have and it's a World Series ring!!). If you are, then I guess you should get ready for disappointment.
After reading WSI for a while, people expecting crazy things is never a surprise. I look forward to getting the ring, no matter what it looks like. I guarantee tons of complaints.
Can't believe someone wanted Jerry to sell to Oprah. After all, what has he done for us lately. some people are nuts.

VenturaSoxFan23
02-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I'll be happy just being at the game watching the Sox win. That's what draws me. The promotions are just the icing on the cake.

DeadMoney
02-24-2006, 03:51 PM

I've always wondered, do you think the bat-boys will get a ring with those crazy hours and all. My girlfriend goes to school with one of them and they're putting in 81 days from spring to fall, plus extra nights the team returns from away trips (to get the clubhouse ready for a homestand) and their hours are probably nothing to be desired (my guess would be 4 PM - 11 or 12 on game nights). On the other hand, they have one of the best jobs in the World, get paid well, and get tips from several players adding to 4-digits when the seasons end.

BeefyD
02-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I know for a fact that the Red Sox bat boy got a ring:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/362500767/1362505635062284272oNpYon

I also know that the management will also get a ring. I know someone in the marketing dept. who will be getting one.

I also hope that, like the Red Sox, you can buy replica versions, like the one encased in lucite:
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/fan_forum/rings.jsp

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 12:47 PM
I also hope that, like the Red Sox, you can buy replica versions, like the one encased in lucite:
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/fan_forum/rings.jsp

Does anyone know if the WS will be doing something like this?