PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the Trophy

doublem23
02-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Trophy Tour just stopped in Peoria. I got to say, if you haven't seen it yet, go out and see the World Series Trophy! It is breathtaking up close.

SOXintheBURGH
02-22-2006, 05:38 PM
I actually saw the Pirates 1979 trophy up close at the Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum after lunch today. The differences between the two you don't really catch until you notice the lack of Diamondbacks, Devil Rays, Rockies, and Marlins flags.

ClaudelSleptHere
02-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Will the Cell be the permanent home of the trophy once the season begins?

IlliniSox4Life
02-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Pretty much. My understanding is it will be displayed there. However, I am sure they may take it out at times to other locations.

Hopefully in 4 years after our 5th consecutive title, the Sox will build an apartment for them in right field above the concourse where the "home run porch" was speculated to go. Then they can begin filming an adaptation of Friends using the trophies. 2005 will play a character roughly based off of Chandler, while 2007 will be a Joey-like character. 2006 and 2009 will play characters based off of Rachel and Monica, respectively. It is still undecided whether 2008 will be Ross or Phoebe. Of course, Hawk Harrelson will be doing all the voice overs.

MUsoxfan
02-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Brooks said they were making a place for it for the season. Not sure if it's permanent or not

chisoxfanatic
02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Brooks said they were making a place for it for the season. Not sure if it's permanent or not

The HOF Giftshop seems to be the most practical place for it.`

MUsoxfan
02-22-2006, 06:50 PM
The HOF Giftshop seems to be the most practical place for it.`

I think he said they're getting rid of the HOF giftshop because the demand for stuff and space in the regular giftshop is overwhelming

doublem23
02-22-2006, 09:38 PM
I think he said they're getting rid of the HOF giftshop because the demand for stuff and space in the regular giftshop is overwhelming

Yeah, that place is a zoo even when the lower bowl is half full, I can only imagine what sort of a chaos it would be this year.

chisoxfanatic
02-22-2006, 09:52 PM

Well then, they could clear out the cap store, put it where the HOF giftshop is presently, and have the HOF room where the cap store is.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Build a freestanding HOF giftshop out in the outfield concourse or extend it into the concourse from the rear wall. Build it right next to the McCuddy's replica bar.

awesomefan
03-01-2006, 02:12 AM
Doublem23....I got my picture taken with the WS trophy in Peoria. I live in Peoria. Where do you live?

I was 6th in line. Where were you? I got there about 3pm....1 hour before the 4pm start time.

It was awesome & I was just kinda in a stunned state of mind. I was so afraid I wouldn't get off work in time to get there early to be sure I got to see the trophy & get my picture taken with it.

I got lucky & had a slow day at work & got done early.

This weekend I'm gonna get at least an 8 x 10 picture made & hang it on the wall in my computer room with the rest of most my White Sox stuff.:bandance:

doublem23
03-01-2006, 08:04 AM
I didn't get there until a bit later. I don't remember exactly what time, but I was waiting for some of my friends to get back from their student teaching before I could trek out to Grand Prairie.

I am a student at Bradley so I live just off campus. Right now I live in an apartment building across the street from Campustown (Bourland & Windom) but next year I'm moving to a house just north of campus; on Elmwood 4-5 houses up from Main Street.

soxjim
03-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I will be viewing it on Saturday.