PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Sale on Friday / Wristbands - Call out to WSI Army

SouthSide_HitMen
02-22-2006, 06:19 PM
I braved the smells and went to two White Sox vs. Cubs games at the urinal last season - The Friday win and the close 2-1 defeat on Sunday with a great effort by rookie starter McCarthy.

I would say there was between 8 and 10 thousand from White Sox Army at both games.

Tickets for the 3 game set go on sale Friday morning. I got a wristband today (proudly wearing my White Sox SouthSide HitMen Cap circa 1977) and hope to score tickets for the weekend.

I asked Wrigley Field staff if being registered under the White Sox.com site is OK for internet sales (on the cubs site they said you have to have a cubs.com registration to order internet tickets but it is the generic mlb.com registration - just like the White Sox presale on the 15th to online registration).

Good Luck to White Sox Army in their quest to fill up the urinal and hopefully witness a three game sweep of the cubs!

MUsoxfan
02-22-2006, 06:29 PM
If I come across tickets I will go. The thought of putting on a wristband for several days for the privelage of giving alot of money to the Tribune is a little out of the question for me.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-22-2006, 06:42 PM
If I come across tickets I will go. The thought of putting on a wristband for several days for the privelage of giving alot of money to the Tribune is a little out of the question for me.

I go on Wednesday because there are actual half hour lines (+) on Thursday. I remember the days when there were no wristbands - you could get to the park by 5 - 6 am and have your tickets before noon - even with scalpers and their $40 K and briefcases to carry the tickets (you would have 4 - 6 each year).

If the Cubs continue to perform on the field as they have the past two seasons, wristbands may become a thing of the past. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
02-22-2006, 07:59 PM
I'll be doing something even better during that series...Something out of town in the lovely country of Canada! :)

Have fun to those who do go!

chisoxmike
02-23-2006, 03:30 PM
MMMMM. yes! Standing line for a wristband, then again standing in line another day for tickets!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!

dickallen15
02-23-2006, 03:56 PM
The Saturday game last year, the ticket brokers by the El were selling tickets for face.

ewokpelts
02-23-2006, 04:04 PM
in 02, i bought 9th row behind home plate for face at the box office...30 mins before the game.....
Gene

IlliniSox
02-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Rowand's back on 8/21. Haven't decided if I'll be there yet, I would like to make sure he gets some props when he runs out there in Chicago for the first time though.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
I plan on buying some to every Brewers/cubs series. Sox/Cubs if i come across some(but the prices are just too high for this poor college kid).

SouthSide_HitMen
02-23-2006, 07:53 PM
A secret for White Sox fans - They release the tickets between 7 & 8 pm on the Cubs website for tickets they are holding for players, Cubs empoyees, etc. for the following day's ball game.

I picked up seats - 8th row behind home lower deck for a Mark Prior vs. Javier Vazquez matchup (I was scouting him for Kenny) last year as well as tickets just in front of the WGN booth (upper deck behind home) for the McCarthy vs. Prior game and just down the 3rd base line for the White Sox 5-1 ass whupping on Friday (Garcia over Maddux).

Scottiehaswheels
02-23-2006, 11:44 PM
I got that stupid wristband this a.m. #01751.. My wrist is starting to chaff from it though... Cuballergy... Wish me luck gettin tix...

SouthSide_HitMen
02-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I got that stupid wristband this a.m. #01751.. My wrist is starting to chaff from it though... Cuballergy... Wish me luck gettin tix...

Wow - Last year they had over 21,000 wristbands. Look for less than 1/2 that amount come tomorrow morning.

Cubs tickets:
Supply > Demand

White Sox tickets:

Demand > Supply

Econ 101! Class dismissed.

Scottiehaswheels
02-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Ha yeah I was expecting to wait a long time in line this a.m. Took me 2 minutes tops... Talked ball with a Red Sox fan that was in line... Thinks their team will be better this year than last... I think he just didn't want to admit to being a Cubs fan.... No one could be that delusional...

WhiteSoxFan84
02-24-2006, 08:56 AM
"Magic" Number was: 11,152

A couple of my friends were somewhat "close", one was around 12,800 and the other was around 13,000.

They printed 20,000 wristbands, handed out just over 10,000. I went in with my "Cubbie" friends (aka the less fortunate :redneck ) late last night and didn't even have to wait in line. My # is over 18,000.

I would've loved to get called as one of the first few so I can purchase 6 tickets (that's the limit per game) to each White Sox game at the Urinal and 6 tickets to each game of the opening series they have against the Cardinals. I'd probably sell the Cards series to pay for my White Sox series tickets and to give me extra dough to spend on Sox tickets at The Cell.

Now I have to try my luck online.

Scottiehaswheels
02-24-2006, 10:02 AM
[quote=WhiteSoxFan84]

They printed 20,000 wristbands, handed out just over 10,000. I went in with my "Cubbie" friends (aka the less fortunate :redneck ) late last night and didn't even have to wait in line. My # is over 18,000.

quote]

Yeah... I was listening to that crappy radio station this morning when they announced the #... I swear the guy said they handed out wristbands #10000-20000... I'm sitting there with # 01751 on my wrist thinking ok I got screwed for no reason.... think its another tribune hijinx...

SouthSide_HitMen
02-24-2006, 11:02 AM
And the scrubs do not have the friggin numbers online as they said they would - I guess they want people to turn in to the nursing home station for updates. I think Dusty is in charge of ticket sales.

Also - they said about 11,000 wristbands were given out yet they range from 11 - 19000 something. What the **** kind of math is that? It appears the Tribune scalping company has wristbands 11,000 - 19,000 and real human beings have 0 - 11,000.

When they were discussing this at 6:15 AM, a WGN female reporter / host asked "What is that about - how do you have 19,000 numbers when just over 11,000 wristbands were issued?" and the guy reporting from Wrigley said "Well they skipped over some numbers."

Look for the entire Tribune Company employee count (well except for one they will leave behind to make sure WSI is not linking pictures - going to the Tribune site outside of John Kass articles - tisk tisk) to be at Wrigley to buy tickets for the scalping subsidiary of the Chicago Cubs - 8,000 * 42 = 336,000 tickets for scalping this year.

EDIT - Wristband Numbers put up on site at 10:20 am - 2 hours after the in person sale began. Dusty Baker is pleased with how the sale is going to date.

IspepAloc
02-24-2006, 11:10 AM
I thought ticketmaster was bad. this virtual waiting room sucks.:(:

soxfan1983
02-24-2006, 11:20 AM
yea im trying on the phone and its rang a few times but then says "we are unable to complete your call." i also have BOTH internet explorer and firefox giong.... stupid cubs

Dan Mega
02-24-2006, 11:24 AM
My girlfriend is a Cubs fan so I'm trying to get tickets for her. I've been in the virtual waiting room for mid-week Phillies tickets since 10 AM.

I don't see how Flubs fans put up with this garbage year after year.

peeonwrigley
02-24-2006, 11:29 AM
My girlfriend is a Cubs fan so I'm trying to get tickets for her. I've been in the virtual waiting room for mid-week Phillies tickets since 10 AM.

I don't see how Flubs fans put up with this garbage year after year.

I don't think it matters what game you're wating for - you just wait to get into the overall ticketing system. If you go through tickets.com you can open multiple tabs. I don't think it will cancel orders out - if it does its not the end of the world... its the Urinal. Sit in a bar until the 3rd inning and then grab a ticket from a broker stuck with 50 left for 1/2 face.

NoNeckEra
02-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Nothing's more satisfying than seeing the Pale Hose win at the urinal.
We come in there and intimidate their fans in their own house. They come in to the Cell and cheer at their own risk.:cool:

SouthSide_HitMen
02-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Nothing's more satisfying than seeing the Pale Hose win at the urinal.

*Cough* Winning the World Series * Cough*

Foulke You
02-24-2006, 11:44 AM
I don't think it matters what game you're wating for - you just wait to get into the overall ticketing system. If you go through tickets.com you can open multiple tabs. I don't think it will cancel orders out - if it does its not the end of the world... its the Urinal. Sit in a bar until the 3rd inning and then grab a ticket from a broker stuck with 50 left for 1/2 face.
I've been "virtually waiting" since 9:30. This bites.

spiffie
02-24-2006, 11:46 AM
I got in pretty quick and was able to get tickets up in the freaking LF corner upper deck for the Sat. Sox/Cubs game there. Now I'm stuck back in VWR hell. I try to go to all 6 crosstown games each year, but inevitably end up having to get 1-2 games on the open market.

anewman35
02-24-2006, 11:48 AM
A friend of mine got me 4 tickets to the Friday game, through the VWR. It's crazy, I can never get anything myself but I've had friends (in far off cities) get me tickets for all 3 rounds of the playoffs and now this. Guess I better keep my friends liking me...

NoNeckEra
02-24-2006, 12:00 PM
*Cough* Winning the World Series * Cough*
OK. Let me clarify. No regular season game(except the clincher) is more satisfying to see in person than a win at the urinal.

Dan Mega
02-24-2006, 12:05 PM
OK. Let me clarify. No regular season game(except the clincher) is more satisfying to see in person than a win at the urinal.

I'll take a beating of Cleveland at the Cell any day. Better park, game means more.

salty99
02-24-2006, 12:10 PM
I'll take a beating of Cleveland at the Cell any day. Better park, game means more.

Well said.

NoNeckEra
02-24-2006, 12:14 PM
You're thinking short term('cause Cleveland just happens to be the Sox divisional adversary of the current era). I'm talkin' any year. But you're right about the park. I hate the urninal, but I love to be there when they lose.:D:

spiffie
02-24-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm an ornery cuss, so I love the atmosphere at the crosstown games.

I am happy though, as I finally got through and was able to get the other 2 games. Now I have tickets to all 6 crosstown games this year.

areilly
02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I am also pretty ornery and will be repeating the mantra:

NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)
NINE-TEEN-O-EIGHT!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)

:cool:

SoxFan78
02-24-2006, 12:37 PM
It took me a hour and a half but I finally got through. 6 in the upper deck for the Friday game.

NoNeckEra
02-24-2006, 12:43 PM
It took me a hour and a half but I finally got through. 6 in the upper deck for the Friday game.
So what you're saying is, when I just "gave up" at 11am, and quit out of the Cubs' ticket site(looking for Sox tix), that was a mistake? And a key game still showed up as available just now? Grrrrrrrr!:angry:

WhiteSoxFan84
02-24-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm an ornery cuss, so I love the atmosphere at the crosstown games.

I am happy though, as I finally got through and was able to get the other 2 games. Now I have tickets to all 6 crosstown games this year.

i dont like you at the moment.... :mad:

WhiteSoxFan84
02-24-2006, 12:52 PM

did u have multiple windows open while in the virtual waiting room or just one?

im beginning to think there's something to the following statement...

"When we refresh your browser, we will determine your status in the waiting room and if appropriate give you an opportunity to request seats"

if they know i have many windows open, they may just keep me waiting without telling me my request has been denied....

NoNeckEra
02-24-2006, 01:21 PM
if you're still in a VWR waiting for Cubs tix, scroll down to the bottom of the wait page and it tells you the games that have just sold out(including all 3 sox games)

Iwritecode
02-24-2006, 01:32 PM
if you're still in a VWR waiting for Cubs tix, scroll down to the bottom of the wait page and it tells you the games that have just sold out(including all 3 sox games)

It could be that there are both Sox fans and Cubs fans trying for the games but I thought it was interesting that the Saturday Cubs/Sox game was sold out before opening day game was...

SoxFan78
02-24-2006, 01:45 PM
did u have multiple windows open while in the virtual waiting room or just one?

I had like 8 open, but as soon as I got into the ticketing screen I closed all the other ones just to be safe

spiffie
02-24-2006, 01:53 PM
You can have multiple windows open...I had in the neighborhood of 50 going in order to get mine.

Dan Mega
02-24-2006, 02:29 PM
3 1/2 hours and still haven't gotten in once. Sheesh!

spiffie
02-24-2006, 02:30 PM
3 1/2 hours and still haven't gotten in once. Sheesh!If you don't have multiple windows open, open them. If you do have them open...open more. The more the better I have found.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-24-2006, 03:56 PM

go to tickets.com, click on cubs, and click on BUY TICKETS and keep clicking on it. thanks to whoever it was that already said this, helped out a TON. i purchased 42 total tickets to 14 different games. 22 of the tickets are for friends and the other 20 are either for sale or i may give them to a few buddies who didnt get a chance to buy any. boy, i never realized how WEAK the national league is. the top 3 attractions coming to wrigley this summer: 1) white sox, 2) cardinals, 3) the mets. 1 and 2 are a knockout, 3 may surprise a lot of people, but after that, NOTHING!

Foulke You
02-25-2006, 03:46 PM
I had 10 browser windows open for 2 hours yesterday before I finally gave up. Tickets.com is just luck of the draw. Some get in, and some don't. We were two of the unfortunates who didn't get in.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-25-2006, 09:42 PM
I had like 8 open, but as soon as I got into the ticketing screen I closed all the other ones just to be safe

I had about 30 open. Got 3 Brewers/Cubs games within 10 mins of starting. They were all out of Sox tix when i checked.:mad: Oh well, decent seats to watch the brewers smoke the cubs.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-26-2006, 03:07 AM
I had 10 browser windows open for 2 hours yesterday before I finally gave up. Tickets.com is just luck of the draw. Some get in, and some don't. We were two of the unfortunates who didn't get in.

10 windows were not enough for the first two hours. im sure if u stayed after 1pm you would've gotten through and would've been able to get some decent tickets. i had 15-20 windows open and around 115 i literally had 4-5 of the windows ready to purchase tickets. it was nuts.