PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi 2006

SoLongFrank
02-22-2006, 04:34 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060221sox,1,4771760.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-cowley22.html
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/imrem.asp?id=158839

Your take on Iguchi. With respect to his 2005 #'s:

I think he's sure to improve hitting 6th in the lineup. He showed good plate discipline in 2005.

HomeFish
02-22-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't see Iguchi doing well in the #6 spot. My gut feeling is that if he's down there he's gonna try to become more of a power guy, and you're going to see him hit a lot of pop-ups and fly ball outs, and his BA is going to take a big slump without that much additional power. I just don't think he's cut out to be a power hitter in the United States.

Iguchi has shown that he can be a hell of a #2 guy in the United States. I'd like to see him do that again and again.

Chisox003
02-22-2006, 07:25 PM
I don't see Iguchi doing well in the #6 spot. My gut feeling is that if he's down there he's gonna try to become more of a power guy, and you're going to see him hit a lot of pop-ups and fly ball outs, and his BA is going to take a big slump without that much additional power. I just don't think he's cut out to be a power hitter in the United States.

Iguchi has shown that he can be a hell of a #2 guy in the United States. I'd like to see him do that again and again.
I ain't buying it til I see a chart!

:cool:

BV2005
02-22-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't see him having a break out year, but since he is more comfortable lower in the order, and he has a year of experience playing in america, I see his numbers improving

santo=dorf
02-23-2006, 12:19 AM

Why such negative thoughts?

peeonwrigley
02-23-2006, 12:45 AM
I think he'll stay the same. Nothing wrong with that.

soxfanatlanta
02-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Iguchi's numbers would get better in the 6 spot, but you are assuming Uribe can tame his free-swingin ways, and I just don't see that happeining this year. No, Iguchi-san will still be in the 2 spot, so his numbers will stay about the same. (agreed, not a bad thing here)

Minnie Me
02-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Slothmore slump happens all too often. Big slump is a real possibility. Gooch is getting older and will be injury prone.
Willie Harris is better defense, more speed and just alittle less power. Bring back Willie, his heart burns to win and would play if asked in the WBC

Jjav829
02-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Tough call. I expect an improvement in Iguchi's power numbers so I went with improve. However, it's possible that he could struggle a bit in his second season as teams start to adjust. I consider Iguchi to be a smart hitter so I don't think those struggles will be too bad. I expect that Iguchi will be able to make his own adjustments fairly quickly.

Jjav829
02-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Slothmore slump happens all too often. Big slump is a real possibility. Gooch is getting older and will be injury prone.
Willie Harris is better defense, more speed and just alittle less power. Bring back Willie, his heart burns to win and would play if asked in the WBC
:nuts: :kukoo: :nuts: :kukoo:

Get over it. Willie isn't coming back. Stop talking about him or else go find a Red Sox board on which you can make your very odd and creepy posts.

ArkanSox
02-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I think it bodes well that he passed on the WBC. Iguchi said. "...in order to become the World Series champs once again I decided to come to camp was a necessity." I imagine that with his work ethic and a positive attitude, he will improve this year. How much, I'm not sure, but I would love to see him have a break out year. GO SOX!!!

Rooney4Prez56
02-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Iguchi needs to stay in the 2 spot, Pods can't do his stuff without Iguchi. Plus, Iguchi's seen pitchers in the division for a whole year. He will be that much better this season.

VivaOzzie
02-23-2006, 12:17 PM

:?: A little less?

Or maybe I'm forgetting about Willie's tremendous power to the opposite field...

Here's a true statement:
Willie Harris has better defense, more speed and just a little less power than Carlos Zambrano.

Save McCuddy's
02-23-2006, 01:02 PM
:nuts: :kukoo: :nuts: :kukoo:

Get over it. Willie isn't coming back. Stop talking about him or else go find a Red Sox board on which you can make your very odd and creepy posts.

I think he meant it in teal -- no?

santo=dorf
02-23-2006, 01:29 PM
I think he meant it in teal -- no?
That's not teal, and take a look at Minnie Me's previous posts. :?:

Fake Chet Lemon
02-23-2006, 02:49 PM
BTW, he didn't receive enough credit for passing up the WBC so that he could come to Spring Training and work on hitting down in the order. Great move by a great guy, you know he took some heat back home. Let's bring back Shingo, Iguchi's batting average dropped once his buddy was ash-canned! :o:

SoLongFrank
02-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Just want to add that all of his comments seem focused on hitting .300 this year. I think his ability to hit to the opposite field for power will make the biggest difference. I not only think he'll improve overall but finish with a better batting avg. He likewise seems commited to run a lot more.

I don't think he was ever comfortable as a #2 but put the team ahead of himself. I think he's much happier & more focused with the opportunity to
hit lower in the linuep. Remember Sosa whining about being dropped down?
Iguchi relishes the idea.

A discussion of Uribe bears another thread.

WSox8404
02-23-2006, 04:44 PM

You know, this is getting sickening. I hate reading posts that are intelligent and mean something and then come across this crap. Is there anything we can possibly do about this? Willie is gone and he stunk. Get over it. At lease Bafiarocks isn't this creepy as this. As for Iguchi, I expect him to hit more homeruns to put him in the 30 to 35 range this year. And lets not forget, he was kind of tired at the end of last year. Now he will know what to expect and hopefully he will be fresh for the whole year. Assuming that Uribe is fine in the two spot, I would say that Iguchi will hit .305 with 34 homers and 95 RBIs. I don't think this is too far fetched.

Baby Fisk
02-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Slothmore slump
:hawk
"Your what hurts?"