PDA

View Full Version : Overload of pitching???

ManagerMark
02-22-2006, 10:55 AM
It seems as though the Sox have many invitees and minor league prospects coming to camp with alot of potential. What happens to the ones that do not make the team. Can someone break it down among non-roster invitees, those under contract and those not. I know that minor leaguers without options left would have to clear waivers.. like Borchard. Does anyone want to sort out all the different situations among the different names... talking pitchers mainly. I am wondering because I believe that the situation could arise where there could be several you do not have room for which under normal circumstances you wouldn't want to let go.

DaleJRFan
02-22-2006, 11:18 AM
In most cases, if the player does not make camp, they are offered a minor league assignment. If they choose to reject that assignment, they become a free agent.

Most of the guys the Sox invited to camp all signed minor league contracts with a NRI. So, if they don't make the 25 man roster, they will start the season in AAA. This is not dissimilar to what happened with Kevin Walker last season.

Chez
02-22-2006, 11:35 AM
At the risk of sounding cliche, you can never have too much good pitching. Last season proved theat point.

rdwj
02-22-2006, 11:37 AM
This is not dissimilar ...

That line made me chuckle - :D: