PDA

View Full Version : Question about full-season ticket holder and promotion giveaways

BainesHOF
02-21-2006, 04:06 PM
This is the first year I'm a full-season ticket holder and I'm under the impression that the Sox mail you all the various giveaways during the season. Is that correct?

Gammons Peter
02-21-2006, 04:08 PM
no

Tekijawa
02-21-2006, 04:09 PM
I wasn't a full season ticket holder last year. But they did mail me a bag full of Elvis Night!

BainesHOF
02-21-2006, 04:10 PM
According to the White Sox official site, they do get mailed to you:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/zone.jsp

Blob
02-21-2006, 04:13 PM
This is the first year I'm a full-season ticket holder and I'm under the impression that the Sox mail you all the various giveaways during the season. Is that correct?

I saw that too. But, I seriously doubt it. This is our first year as full season ticket holders as well. So I'm not 100% on that.

My other guess is you still only get one of whatever they are giving away as well.

Ol' No. 2
02-21-2006, 04:13 PM
This is the first year I'm a full-season ticket holder and I'm under the impression that the Sox mail you all the various giveaways during the season. Is that correct?It varies. Some stuff gets mailed. Other stuff they send you a letter which you show to pick it up at the park.

Hangar18
02-21-2006, 05:23 PM

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Im sorry BainesHOF, but that is Incorrect

ewokpelts
02-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Yes.
Gene

SouthSide_HitMen
02-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Does the media guide come with the tickets? I like buying the guide the first game I go to (hopefully it will arrive free of charge before hand).

itsnotrequired
02-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Does the media guide come with the tickets? I like buying the guide the first game I go to (hopefully it will arrive free of charge before hand).
A free media guide is a perk of being a season ticket holder. I imagine it would show up with the tickets.

OfficerKarkovice
02-21-2006, 07:13 PM
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Im sorry BainesHOF, but that is Incorrect

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz...no he's not...you are.

Straight from whitesox.com one of the benefits of being a Full Season Ticket Holder is "Promotional items mailed to you."

At the end of the season you will receive a box with one of all the various items the White Sox gave away during the year.

I get a kick out of it when you guys are so sure you know what you're talking about but really have no better idea than anyone else...if you aren't sure, don't make a big scene out of being wrong.

the scorekeeper
02-21-2006, 07:42 PM
At the end of the season you will receive a box with one of all the various items the White Sox gave away during the year.

I saw that text on the website as well, but I haven't seen anything about it in my season ticket holder mailings.

That, and I've never had anything like that happen in the six years I've had tickets.

If it's new, that's great! If not, well, I'm not losing anything I was counting on.

JohnBasedowYoda
02-21-2006, 08:00 PM
I get a kick out of it when you guys are so sure you know what you're talking about but really have no better idea than anyone else...if you aren't sure, don't make a big scene out of being wrong.

:yup:

pdimas
02-22-2006, 09:06 AM
I was never a full season ticket holder until last year (and even then only from June until the end of the year) before that it was split season for two years prior. At the end of the year this year I received a box with one of every promo item issued out to people who attended games (hats, backpack, thunderstix, socks, Commemorative WS book, etc.) I only received the box as a FULL season ticket holder though never as a split season ticket holder.

skottyj242
02-22-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm actually looking forward to this now, I had no idea about any of this. I just hope the guy who's name the tickets are in doesn't try and screw me out of an extra ring.

doogiec
02-22-2006, 11:32 AM
I've been a full season ticket holder for many years. The do not, and have never, sent ALL of the giveaways to season ticket holders via mail. They do occasionally send a promotional item or two during the season, or a letter allowing you to pick one up at the game. Nowhere on the web site does it state that ALL promotional items are mailed, it merely states that you will receive something.

This year, for the first time ever, I received a box from the White Sox at the end of the season, containing 6 or 7 giveaways from the previous year, along with a couple of items they did not giveaway (notably the Tribune special book on the season). They appeared to be giveaways that were not completely given away due to attendance on those dates. Back when they used to have season ticket parties, they used to give those items away during the party, so I'm assuming they chose to mail those to clean out their inventory.

The last several years I have received a letter authorizing me to pick up a media guide during April at the park.

Again, this is based on the past, but I would not expect all (or possibly any) of the regular giveaways to be sent to your house.

skottyj242
02-22-2006, 12:09 PM
I might be wrong but years ago I thought the stuff that wasn't given away was handed out at Fan Appreciation day.

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 12:35 PM
I get a kick out of it when you guys are so sure you know what you're talking about but really have no better idea than anyone else...if you aren't sure, don't make a big scene out of being wrong.Maybe you should look in the mirror. Very few items are mailed. In most cases they send you a letter authorizing you to pick the items up at the park. And last year was the first time I can recall getting a box of stuff after the season.

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Does the media guide come with the tickets? I like buying the guide the first game I go to (hopefully it will arrive free of charge before hand).No. You'll get a letter a few weeks into the season and pick up the media guide at the park.

Hangar18
02-22-2006, 12:38 PM
as a season ticket holder, theyve NEVER sent me anything, ever.
I remember someone saying they got a nice Tailgate Chair, and I had to demand they give me one too, which they did. So ............retrospectively,
they dont send you things, I believe they only send those things out, if that, to long long long time season ticket holders, which is understandable

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 12:40 PM
as a season ticket holder, theyve NEVER sent me anything, ever.
I remember someone saying they got a nice Tailgate Chair, and I had to demand they give me one too, which they did. So ............retrospectively,
they dont send you things, I believe they only send those things out, if that, to long long long time season ticket holders, which is understandableNo. I know people who have had season tickets only a short while and they got the stuff, too. Maybe it's only full season ticket holders. :dunno:

How come this stuff always happens to you?:o:

scottjanssens
02-22-2006, 01:01 PM
No. I know people who have had season tickets only a short while and they got the stuff, too. Maybe it's only full season ticket holders. :dunno:

I didn't become a full season ticket holder until July of last season and I got the box of goodies in November. YMMV.

Karma.

Hangar18
02-22-2006, 01:09 PM

I think all my bad mouthing of Uncle Jerry in the 90's came back to get me
heh heh

skottyj242
02-22-2006, 01:35 PM
I got that sweet foldout chair two seasons ago.

OfficerKarkovice
02-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Maybe you should look in the mirror. Very few items are mailed. In most cases they send you a letter authorizing you to pick the items up at the park. And last year was the first time I can recall getting a box of stuff after the season.

Well you just admitted that you received a box with the promotional items in it at the end of last year...validating my point. I know for a fact that one of the benefits of being a Full Season Ticket holder is promotional items mailed to you...in a box...at the end of the season.

ewokpelts
02-22-2006, 02:49 PM
I've been a full season ticket holder for many years. The do not, and have never, sent ALL of the giveaways to season ticket holders via mail. They do occasionally send a promotional item or two during the season, or a letter allowing you to pick one up at the game. Nowhere on the web site does it state that ALL promotional items are mailed, it merely states that you will receive something.

This year, for the first time ever, I received a box from the White Sox at the end of the season, containing 6 or 7 giveaways from the previous year, along with a couple of items they did not giveaway (notably the Tribune special book on the season). They appeared to be giveaways that were not completely given away due to attendance on those dates. Back when they used to have season ticket parties, they used to give those items away during the party, so I'm assuming they chose to mail those to clean out their inventory.

The last several years I have received a letter authorizing me to pick up a media guide during April at the park.

Again, this is based on the past, but I would not expect all (or possibly any) of the regular giveaways to be sent to your house.
2005 was the first year FULL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS got items mailed to them. This is a practice Brooks brought over from the Bulls.
They ALWAYS make more promo items than needed.
Gene

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Well you just admitted that you received a box with the promotional items in it at the end of last year...validating my point. I know for a fact that one of the benefits of being a Full Season Ticket holder is promotional items mailed to you...in a box...at the end of the season.Amazing. It's not what you don't know that's the problem...it's that what you know for a fact just isn't so. Last year was the one and only time they've done that. It's not a benefit that you can expect this year.

ewokpelts
02-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Amazing. It's not what you don't know that's the problem...it's that what you know for a fact just isn't so. Last year was the one and only time they've done that. It's not a benefit that you can expect this year.Look at the ST Benefits page.
Gene

Hangar18
02-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Look at the ST Benefits page.
Gene

yes, but thats a big IF. IF theres stuff left over, and more likely, theyre not going to give away 10,000 bobbleheads, and keep 10,000 more just to mail to season ticket holders. There may be only like 500 left over, and that might be what they'll just give to long/longer time st holders.

I didnt get a box of stuff. But hey thats fine, I only became a st holder in 03

scottjanssens
02-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I didnt get a box of stuff. But hey thats fine, I only became a st holder in 03

Either your box was lost/stolen or it's more random than that. I got a box and I became a fullseason ticket holder this past July (but I'm back to the 27 plan now). And it's not like I bought scout seats, I'm premium upper box.

ewokpelts
02-22-2006, 03:10 PM
yes, but thats a big IF. IF theres stuff left over, and more likely, theyre not going to give away 10,000 bobbleheads, and keep 10,000 more just to mail to season ticket holders. There may be only like 500 left over, and that might be what they'll just give to long/longer time st holders.

I didnt get a box of stuff. But hey thats fine, I only became a st holder in 03They always make extras. That's why they were able to give st holder extra bobbleheads in years past, despite the fact that each bobblehead game drew OVER 10K(the max number of fans that were due a bobblehead that night). You have to account for items broken in shipment, sponsors wanting extra for thier use, and extra for possible use by the charity.
Gene

p.s. dont forget, it's for FULL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS......

NoNeckEra
02-22-2006, 03:25 PM
They always make extras. That's why they were able to give st holder extra bobbleheads in years past, despite the fact that each bobblehead game drew OVER 10K(the max number of fans that were due a bobblehead that night). You have to account for items broken in shipment, sponsors wanting extra for thier use, and extra for possible use by the charity.
Gene

p.s. dont forget, it's for FULL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS......
It would be great to get all these goodies, but with the number of 81 game ST holders way up this year, I'm not optimistic about it. To me, anything I get will be a bonus.

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Look at the ST Benefits page.
Gene

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/zone.jspI've seen it. But that doesn't mean another box of goodies like last year. In previous years it referred to the media guide and other items that you pick up at the park.

Dadawg_77
02-22-2006, 04:16 PM
I email my rep and the reply was

After every season, we mail all full season ticket holders a box
containing all the promotional items that we handed out to the fans over
the course of the season.

So that seems to be the policy of the White Sox this year.

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 04:18 PM
I email my rep and the reply was

So that seems to be the policy of the White Sox this year.
[/size][/font]I can tell you for certain that they don't do it every season. Last year was the first. Maybe they're planning on making this a regular thing in the future.

Dadawg_77
02-22-2006, 04:21 PM
I can tell you for certain that they don't do it every season. Last year was the first. Maybe they're planning on making this a regular thing in the future.

Since last year was Brooks first full year in charge, I wouldn't put too much stock in historicall marketing policies of the White Sox. Policy changes happen especially when a new guy is in charge.

Chez
02-22-2006, 04:21 PM
I can tell you for certain that they don't do it every season. Last year was the first. Maybe they're planning on making this a regular thing in the future.

Maybe it's after every season we win the World Series . . .

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Maybe it's after every season we win the World Series . . .In that case we'll be getting lots of them.:bandance:

Chez
02-22-2006, 04:38 PM
In that case we'll be getting lots of them.:bandance:

Amen to that, brother.