PDA

View Full Version : Wells/yankmees announce tomorrow

Paulwny
01-09-2002, 08:01 PM
I guess he passed his physical.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/wire/stories/0,1169,4817121_52,00.html

RichH55
01-09-2002, 09:02 PM
And so we add another sad chapter to the David Wells expierence.....class thy name is NOT David Wells

oldcomiskey
01-09-2002, 10:20 PM
Steinbrebber throws a lot of money at him and Wells has no class---youre kidding right

RichH55
01-09-2002, 10:29 PM
Thats really oversimplifying things.....but im both right and wrong here. You make an agreement with somebody you should be man enough to honor that...that being said David Wells is looking out for himself....thats a smart move, not neccessarily a classy move......plus his tenure here didn't exactly make me think Kirby Puckett either.....I'll still be cheering that Wells and the Yankees flop....and Wells isnt getting my vote for Person of the Year either...even if he gets yours.....Ask Toronto if he has class, ask Frank Thomas(and of course you'll get a ratherverbose answer )......I have heard both good things and bad things about Wells....I still stand by that I don't think he is a particullarly classy guy...anti-christ? Hardly...Classy? Hardly

oldcomiskey
01-09-2002, 10:34 PM
I thought you were talking Wells re-signing with us--I forgot about Colangelo--as did Boomer

RichH55
01-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I thought you were talking Wells re-signing with us--I forgot about Colangelo--as did Boomer

LOL no worries....just make sure you know the voting laws or others will flame you for your mistakes :D:

Moses_Scurry
01-11-2002, 08:57 AM
Anybody see Boomer's press conference? The guys a twig! He must have lost 30 lbs!! I wonder how it will affect his pitching. Why did he wait until now?! Maybe he wouldn't have had all the back troubles if he had gotten in better shape earlier on.

FarmerAndy
01-11-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
Anybody see Boomer's press conference? The guys a twig! He must have lost 30 lbs!! I wonder how it will affect his pitching. Why did he wait until now?! Maybe he wouldn't have had all the back troubles if he had gotten in better shape earlier on.

Sure, now he's in shape because he's playing for the only team he ever really wanted to play for. When he was in Chicago, he was spending a lot of time checking out our bar scene. He was fat, out of shape, and not doing much to stay in shape. He ripped on Frank for not playing hurt, then he didn't play himself for the rest of the season, because his back couldn't support his fat ass.

If the Sox had picked up his 2002 option, do you think he would've lost all of this weight? Do you think he would've worked himself back into shape? I highly doubt it. He's a Yankee fan. He was hurt when the Yankees traded him. Now he's getting back into shape because he's back with his Yankees.

I'm not a total Wells basher. I was happy when he came to Chicago. I just think it's kinda of lame that someone who says he loves the game so much only gives it 100% when he's playing for his favorite team.

Paulwny
01-11-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
[B

If the Sox had picked up his 2002 option, do you think he would've lost all of this weight? Do you think he would've worked himself back into shape? I highly doubt it. He's a Yankee fan. He was hurt when the Yankees traded him. Now he's getting back into shape because he's back with his Yankees.

[/B]

I've seen Giambi on 2 tv interviews, clean shaven, short hair, looks like a Wall Street guy. I guess if you want to play for the yankmees and make the big $$$ you do it their way.

Kilroy
01-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Sure, now he's in shape because he's playing for the only team he ever really wanted to play for.

I really do hope that piece of crap doesn't win a single game this year. I hope that the first pitch he throws this season comes right back at him and finds a knee cap. All he did for the Sox was run his frickin mouth and cause trouble.