PDA

View Full Version : Juan Gonzalez says Sox interested

Jjav829
02-21-2006, 03:26 PM
:rolleyes:Ok...

González, quien practica diariamente en el parque de Toa Baja, sostuvo además que los campeones mundiales Medias Blancas de Chicago y los Medias Rojas de Boston también han mostrado interés en sus servicios.
Run through a translator that comes out to

González, that practices daily in the park of Low Toa, maintained in addition that the world-wide champions Average White of Chicago and the Red Averages of Boston also have shown interest in their services.
Link (http://www.endi.com/2006/02/20/deportes/370737.asp)

samram
02-21-2006, 03:30 PM
also have shown interest in their services

Is he talking about baseball services? I think both Averages will pass. Methinks Juan will be joining Sammy in the baseball steroid graveyard.

HotelWhiteSox
02-21-2006, 03:38 PM
http://i.tsn.com/i/baseball/confidential/juan_gonzalez_ap.jpg

Hola, me llamo Ju -leg breaks- ****

santo=dorf
02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
So, he thinks we're "average" huh. :talktothehand:

Banix12
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
I don't think he can really play OF anymore but I wouldn't see any harm in letting him try out for a backup OF spot. Maybe some harm to him because he'll probably injure himself walking out of the dugout but no harm to the sox in bringing him in on a tryout.

Though he has been dropping rumors about a lot of teams being interested. "Interested" doesn't mean that teams are serious though.

Banix12
02-21-2006, 03:59 PM
So, he thinks we're "average" huh. :talktothehand:

It was run though a translator so I'm sure that was a mistake with the program

Clembasbal
02-21-2006, 05:19 PM

Nope, he thinks we are average and that we need him:D:

munchman33
02-21-2006, 05:50 PM

media means sock, middle, and half in spanish.

DaleJRFan
02-21-2006, 06:35 PM
González, that practices daily in the park of Low Toa, maintained in addition that the world-wide champions Average White of Chicago and the Red Averages of Boston also have shown interest in their services.

Looking at the context of the statement, I am assuming the translater proggie goofed... Red SOX and White SOX.

NRI / minor league deal doesn't sound too bad for ol' Juan. Unlike Sosa, Gonzalez actually possessed legitimate baseball skills, prior to the 'roids.

The Dude
02-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Looking at the context of the statement, I am assuming the translater proggie goofed... Red SOX and White SOX.

NRI / minor league deal doesn't sound too bad for ol' Juan. Unlike Sosa, Gonzalez actually possessed legitimate baseball skills, prior to the 'roids.

Would hurt if he got a non guaranteed minor league deal. He sucks now, but if healthy and in shape, could be better than Timo Perez( but that isnt saying much:redneck)

aMiTyViLL
02-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Please say no to juan gone.

dickallen15
02-21-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't see where signing him for something dirt cheap would be that bad. He hit 24 homers in 320 at bats in 2003. Of course, I also don't see where he would play. I guess he would get time against lefties, spelling Pods or Thome. But with Mackowiak around, there wouldn't be much else. Its doubtful he could last very long, but it would be a pretty nice option to have sending him up to the plate, if he's reasonably healthy, in the 8th or 9th inning when you need the balls to be hit in the seats.

OzzieBall2005
02-21-2006, 11:59 PM
We all know Kenny's enfatuation with them old Indians.

Sargeant79
02-22-2006, 02:49 AM
I don't see where signing him for something dirt cheap would be that bad.

That seams to be the general feeling on this thread, and I admit it was my first reaction as well. But who would he be replacing on the roster? Borchard? Okay, you could make an argument if that was the case. But I wouldn't want to see Gonzalez come at the expense of a 12th pitcher.

pdimas
02-22-2006, 09:49 AM
FYI the translator also goofed when refering to whose services it was talking about it isn't their services its his services. I gotta say i'm not really a big fan of translators.