PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Tickets

JohnTucker0814
02-21-2006, 02:11 PM
I know this probably won't get me anywhere... but does anyone have or know of anyone that has Opening Day tickets that they are willing to sell? My brother, dad and I have been going to opening day since '90, and of course we can't get tickets this year because they didn't go on sale to the public, and we can't get season's tickets because we live in Iowa... too long of a commute.

Just thought I'd ask the wonderful people of WSI!

comiskey2000
02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Not all, but a lot of us here are in the same boat. Who wouldn't want to be there?! I will 99.9 % be watching on TV as well barring a minor miracle.

downstairs
02-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Well, there's always stubhub or ebay...

There are some nosebleeds for a pretty good price, I think...

comiskey2000
02-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, there's always stubhub or ebay...

There are some nosebleeds for a pretty good price, I think...

Good Price = $130?

Sargeant79
02-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Good Price = $130?

It's all relative. Depends on how much it's worth it to you to be there. Until I decided to pony up for a hit and run plan about a month ago, I was prepared to shell out a nice chunk of change for opening day tickets and Ring Day.

I look at it like this: If I have to tighten the financial belt for a couple months, so be it. I'll forget what else I could have done with the money pretty quickly...I'll remember being there to see the banner raised for a lifetime.

Max Power
02-21-2006, 10:58 PM
I recently picked up some good upper deck tickets (low row, behind home plate) off ebay. I made it to the ALDS and ALCS, but the World Series was out of my league. So ever since winning the Championship I told myself I'd be at opening day no matter what. I now I will be. :D:

I'll forget what else I could have done with the money pretty quickly...I'll remember being there to see the banner raised for a lifetime.

Yep, that sums up my attitude as well.