PDA

View Full Version : Phil Rogers calls Damaso what?

SkeetSkeetAmit
02-21-2006, 12:11 AM
It's mostly a set roster. The only expected competition is for spots at the end of the bench and the bullpen, including an eight-for-one battle to replace U.S. Cellular Field fan favorite Damaso Marte. Yet even in this setting, it's still spring training. That means there are guys scattered around the clubhouse who make you scratch your head and wonder: What's he doing here?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Damaso Marte was a fan favorite? I guess I got caught up calling him my favorite nickname, "Dumb-***hole Marte." We sure do need another lefty though in the pen.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060220rogers,1,7778331.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

ClaudelSleptHere
02-21-2006, 12:16 AM
I believe you may have missed the teal...............

ChiSoxLifer
02-21-2006, 12:23 AM
That's what happens when a Cubune propagandist writes about something other than the Cubs. They trip over the facts.

kittle42
02-21-2006, 07:50 AM
I believe you may have missed the teal...............

Agreed. I thought the sarcasm was pretty obvious.

kevin57
02-21-2006, 08:00 AM
It had to have been a sarcastic remark. No way he could have been that oblivious.

Hangar18
02-21-2006, 08:05 AM
That's what happens when a Cubune propagandist writes about something other than the Cubs. They trip over the facts.

Rogers wrote that part in teal ........ your paper mustve printed it in black

Clembasbal
02-21-2006, 08:19 AM
To be honest, I liked Marte about two years ago. And so did some other people in the Left field bullpen area. He was always waving and saying "hi" and nodding his head, but he kept doing it when he was sucking and then it seemed like he was more interested in the fans than in the game.

SkeetSkeetAmit
02-21-2006, 10:03 AM
What part did I miss the teal on? His nickname? Cuz that's all true.

rocky biddle
02-21-2006, 10:09 AM
I think the only thing that upset me during the playoff run was that Dumb-asso managed to get his smiling face right in the middle of every post game picture. Like the team didn't win in spite of him. That being said, I'm pretty sure Rogers was using a textbook example of sarcasm.

bennyw41
02-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Gas Station Employee: I'm picking up your sarcasm.
Richard Hayden: Well, I should hope so, because i'm laying it on pretty thick.

soxinem1
02-21-2006, 01:55 PM

No, Phil was having lunch with that NY know-it-all, Cindy Adams.

They are so accurate, the two of them!!

Frater Perdurabo
02-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Rogers wrote that part in teal ........ your paper mustve printed it in black

Has WSI dumbed all of us down to the point that we can't recognize sarcasm without the teal? Thanks, people....

:redneck :tongue: :D: