PDA

View Full Version : Toilets

Gammons Peter
02-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Any chance that the porta-pottys that were used for the postseason will be in place for the regular season now that the place will be packed every game. WE WILL NEED THEM

Hangar18
02-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Any chance that the porta-pottys that were used for the postseason will be in place for the regular season now that the place will be packed every game. WE WILL NEED THEM

Excellent Point. When they designed this place, they didnt actually think that 40K would ever be in the place at one time. They need to add more bathrooms on a permanent basis. Theres nothing like waiting in a line for 2 innings just to use the bathroom. If its Porta-Johns off the concourse, thats a start.

NorthSideSox72
02-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Excellent Point. When they designed this place, they didnt actually think that 40K would ever be in the place at one time. They need to add more bathrooms on a permanent basis. Theres nothing like waiting in a line for 2 innings just to use the bathroom. If its Porta-Johns off the concourse, thats a start.

You actually think that architects and engineers designed a 44k stadium (pre UD chop-off) and specifically thought to themselves, "Oh its the Sox, it will never be full." That is just plain ignorant. In case you forgot, the stadium DID sell out plenty of times, even in the old configuration. Of course they put in what they thought was enough toilets - they would had to have, and in fact there are ordinances requiring it. Now, the reality may be that the designs were not ideal... but to say they didn't design the stadium to be full just makes no sense.

Gammons Peter
02-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Maybe one of Brooksies pen pals can send him an email and request the return of the toilets

kevingrt
02-20-2006, 12:33 PM
There were some good things about the Cell not being packed. Like no lines for washrooms or food. I guess you gotta give a little to win a World Series. Give a little, take A LOT!

BeefyD
02-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes, US Cellular was built to adhere to the Illinois Plumbing Code. The problem stems with, as the toilets are designed to take care of 40k people, no one could predict that most will go AT THE SAME TIME.

Another issue stems with places like Soldier Field. The code requires a certain number for Male and Female. Thus it is designed that way. However, a majority of the people in the seats are Male. And at halftime, when all 50k need to go to the toilet, its a madhouse.

The porta-pottys during the WS were a wonderful addition. I do hope they are there this season.

kravdog
02-20-2006, 12:36 PM
the biggest problem during the playoffs was the ratio of men to women...during the regular season, many more wives, girlfriends, and daughters are in attendence...during this post season run, most of them werent offered tickets...so, more men in park = longer lines for the dudes room....

Sad
02-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Yes, US Cellular was built to adhere to the Illinois Plumbing Code. The problem stems with, as the toilets are designed to take care of 40k people, no one could predict that most will go AT THE SAME TIME.

Another issue stems with places like Soldier Field. The code requires a certain number for Male and Female. Thus it is designed that way. However, a majority of the people in the seats are Male. And at halftime, when all 50k need to go to the toilet, its a madhouse.

The porta-pottys during the WS were a wonderful addition. I do hope they are there this season.

Bears games are 10 times worse than any SOX game I've ever been to... ridiculous really...

Steelrod
02-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Not even close.
Ever go to a restaurant that seats 300 plus people, not to mention employees.
Usually have one washroom each for men and women, with 3-4 stalls in each.
The cell has lots more washrooms per person

Hangar18
02-20-2006, 12:44 PM
You actually think that architects and engineers designed a 44k stadium (pre UD chop-off) and specifically thought to themselves, "Oh its the Sox, it will never be full."

Of course they put in what they thought was enough toilets - Now, the reality may be that the designs were not ideal... but to say they didn't design the stadium to be full just makes no sense.

I lacked Teal in my post. Sorry. One of 2 things happened here ..........

Either the designers just being presumptuous with their design "oh its the Sox, it will never be full"
OR
The designers were just not being realistic when they designed the bathrooms

Both answers are a Pie-in-the-face to HOK. There was a stadium built recently that I believe has twice the "normal" amount of bathrooms available, but I cant remember which one it is.

Gammons Peter
02-20-2006, 12:44 PM
This will be a real problem unless they line the ramps with portas. I missed a whole inning of alcs game 2 even with the portas. I guess people will start drinking less and that will cut into their profits

Realist
02-20-2006, 12:46 PM
They better have those port-a-johns on the concourse ramps this season. That's where I'm planning on doing my smoking.

:cool:

BeefyD
02-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Bears games are 10 times worse than any SOX game I've ever been to... ridiculous really...

You got that right. I left at halftime to hit the urinals and came back 6 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

Honestly, HoK met code at the time. Its up to the client's wishes to add more toilets. Or use that space to sell concessions... Of course, the client will want to add places that make money. Hence why we don't walk 15 feet on the concourse without the ability to buy food and beer.

MySoxAreClean
02-20-2006, 01:13 PM
I got it!, No beer during the game, Everyone knows what happens when you break the seal....

soxinem1
02-20-2006, 01:14 PM
the biggest problem during the playoffs was the ratio of men to women...during the regular season, many more wives, girlfriends, and daughters are in attendence...during this post season run, most of them werent offered tickets...so, more men in park = longer lines for the dudes room....

Bring back the troughs!!!!!!!!

manders_01
02-20-2006, 01:19 PM

I can guarentee that anyone would be hard pressed to find an owner who will put in more than the minimum required fixtures in any type of building.

Also, the amount of fixtures needed is not based on how many seats there are, it's based on square footage calculations. It's a well known fact in the design world that owners/architects will play with the square footages so there a few less required.

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Also, the amount of fixtures needed is not based on how many seats there are, it's based on square footage calculations. It's a well known fact in the design world that owners/architects will play with the square footages so there a few less required.
I believe the number of fixtures are tied into the number of stadium seats. Square footage works for other buildings but I can't imagine that a stadium follows the same criteria.

Where's a plumber when you need one?!

manders_01
02-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I believe the number of fixtures are tied into the number of stadium seats. Square footage works for other buildings but I can't imagine that a stadium follows the same criteria.

Where's a plumber when you need one?!

Nope, it's SF. Just looked it up in the code to make sure. :smile:

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Nope, it's SF. Just looked it up in the code to make sure. :smile:

Wow, I guess I'm surprised by that. Was this the City code?

manders_01
02-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Wow, I guess I'm surprised by that. Was this the City code?

Nope, International Building Code (IBC)

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 02:14 PM
I wonder if there is anything in the City Code which trumps the IBC? Probably not...

BeefyD
02-20-2006, 02:15 PM

Tsk, Tsk... City of Chicago follows the Illinois Plumbing Code. The breakdown is:

Number of Fixtures is determined by actual number of seats provided (Sec. 890.810.a.2.A.i) = 40,615

Minimum # of Urinals = 401-600 people require 4 urinals, plus 1 additional urinal for every additional 300 males
40,615 - 600 = 40,015 / 300 = 133
Therefore, the minimum number required would be 137 urinals

manders_01
02-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Tsk, Tsk... City of Chicago follows the Illinois Plumbing Code. The breakdown is:

Number of Fixtures is determined by occupant load, which in turn is base on SF (possibly seating for assembly use)

Of course :D: but they have to follow IBC first.

AnkleSox
02-20-2006, 03:21 PM
:tealpolice:

ewokpelts
02-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I lacked Teal in my post. Sorry. One of 2 things happened here ..........

Either the designers just being presumptuous with their design "oh its the Sox, it will never be full"
OR

Both answers are a Pie-in-the-face to HOK. There was a stadium built recently that I believe has twice the "normal" amount of bathrooms available, but I cant remember which one it is.HOK did NOT design the Cell.
Gene

Law11
02-20-2006, 03:30 PM
You got that right. I left at halftime to hit the urinals and came back 6 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

Honestly, HoK met code at the time. Its up to the client's wishes to add more toilets. Or use that space to sell concessions... Of course, the client will want to add places that make money. Hence why we don't walk 15 feet on the concourse without the ability to buy food and beer.

The playoff game vs Carolina was as bad as I'd ever seen it.
I had seats on the media level (2nd level) at half the line stretched
from my seats at the 40 past the endzone.

I went downstairs to the main level thinking i was going to save time.
WRONG... It was unreal. hundreds of guys jamming into a 2 person doorway
and that includued the guys trying to get out of the john.

Some guy finally snapped and used the sink while his friend used the garbage can... Real nice...

TornLabrum
02-20-2006, 03:49 PM
HOK did NOT design the Cell.
Gene

You are only semi-correct. HOK designed Comiskey Park II. HSK has designed the renovations.

Timmy D's
02-20-2006, 04:07 PM
It's also possible they over looked how much some of us drink based on false research.:rolleyes: Ya know how when, if, you go to the Dr. and he asks do you drink?, and ya say "yeah", he says how often?,you say "ya know, a couple times a week". He says how many? You say, "Ya know 1 or 2, 3 on a really bad day".
Embarrassed to say it, but if my Doc only knew I think he would fall outa his chair.:rolleyes:

C-Dawg
02-20-2006, 04:57 PM
The playoff game vs Carolina was as bad as I'd ever seen it.
I had seats on the media level (2nd level) at half the line stretched
from my seats at the 40 past the endzone.

I went downstairs to the main level thinking i was going to save time.
WRONG... It was unreal. hundreds of guys jamming into a 2 person doorway
and that includued the guys trying to get out of the john.

Yikes! Wasn't the rebuilding supposed to address that issue? I haven't been to the new Soldier's yet but remember the insane lines from the old place. Nothing like missing most of a quarter standing in line in a pool of water and whatever.

(Yes I know its not called "Soldier's" but I say it because I think it sounds funny)

IlliniSox4Life
02-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I hope that if they do decide extra bathrooms are warranted, Port-a-Johns would only be temporary. Portable toilets just don't seem very classy. I don't know where extra ones could be added, but hopefully they'd find room.

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 06:06 PM

Number of Fixtures is determined by actual number of seats provided (Sec. 890.810.a.2.A.i) = 40,615

Minimum # of Urinals = 401-600 people require 4 urinals, plus 1 additional urinal for every additional 300 males
The Code mentions an additional urinal for every male. Obviously, not everyone who goes to the games is a dude. Is there a "female factor" that allows for installing fewer urinals than if every guest is counted as a male? Or does it have to be sized assuming everyone is a male?

Do you happen to know how old that particular section of the Code is? Assuming it was in place when the park opened, there should be 16 or so extra urinals due to the original capacity of the park.

dcb56
02-20-2006, 06:09 PM

Wait, you're upset becuase you feel the Sox are going to look bush league by not changing all the seats to green this offseason, yet you have no problem with port-a-potties being placed all over the park and how those dirty, smelly things may affect the way the Sox are perceived?:rolleyes:

Hangar18
02-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Wait, you're upset becuase you feel the Sox are going to look bush league not changing all the seat to green this offseason, yet you have no problem port-a-potties being placed all over the park and how those dirty, smelly things may affect the way the Sox are perceived?:rolleyes:

No ...........keep them on the entrance ramps like last time.

Can you imagine how that would look on the concourses? we would look bush-league with half blue, half green seats (because we cant afford another worker) , porta johns on the concourse (because we cant afford more bathrooms)

manders_01
02-20-2006, 06:55 PM
The Code mentions an additional urinal for every male. Obviously, not everyone who goes to the games is a dude. Is there a "female factor" that allows for installing fewer urinals than if every guest is counted as a male? Or does it have to be sized assuming everyone is a male?

It has to be 50% male and 50% female.

BeefyD
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Thank you.... I only made the urinal calculations because I assumed everyone complaining was a male. :smile:

manders_01
02-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Thank you.... I only made the urinal calculations because I assumed everyone complaining was a male. :smile:

No complaints today but talk to me in June after I've just waited in line. :D:

manders_01
02-20-2006, 07:10 PM
The problem is that the code is not designed for comfort. And like I said before, you'd be hard pressed to find an owner who will install more fixtures than required. Each fixture can cost upwards of 1000 dollars including the actual fixture, installation, permits, etc.

Since it is very common to go to a major venue (heck, even mid-sized restaurants have this problem) and wait in line for the restroom, owners aren't going to spend the extra money to save on a little headache of the few complaints they will receive.

Daver
02-20-2006, 08:02 PM

The city of Chicago follows City of Chicago plumbing code, not state code. Chicago code is much stricter than state code.

IBC is a joke, even worse than BOCA code. I feel sorry for any state that uses it as their standard code.

Daver
02-20-2006, 08:04 PM

Trough urinals are a violation if Illinois health code, which supercedes plumbing code in the entire state.

BeefyD
02-20-2006, 11:26 PM
The city of Chicago follows City of Chicago plumbing code, not state code. Chicago code is much stricter than state code.

IBC is a joke, even worse than BOCA code. I feel sorry for any state that uses it as their standard code.

I'd go back and edit my post, but this has gone way too far as it is. :D:

TheOldRoman
02-21-2006, 12:51 AM

Can you imagine how that would look on the concourses? we would look bush-league with half blue, half green seats (because we cant afford another worker) , porta johns on the concourse (because we cant afford more bathrooms)
Too bad I missed this post until now, I would have gotten my :rolleyes: in earlier.

BainesHOF
02-22-2006, 02:43 AM
the biggest problem during the playoffs was the ratio of men to women...during the regular season, many more wives, girlfriends, and daughters are in attendence...during this post season run, most of them werent offered tickets...

It was unbelievably how few women were in the crowd for Game 1 of the World Series.

SoxSideIrish
02-22-2006, 03:14 AM

Can you imagine how that would look on the concourses? we would look bush-league with half blue, half green seats (because we cant afford another worker) , porta johns on the concourse (because we cant afford more bathrooms) I was under the impression that the seats wouldn't be finished because of the cold weather affecting building materials (IIR, caulk was the main culprit).Something about playing an extra month affecting the timetable... I don't think it was due to lack of man power.

And for the love a' Mike, all this talk of bathroom requirements and they'll be calling it the Urinal before you know it! Pretty soon there will be rooftop seating in the projects! Oh, wait...

Hangar18
02-22-2006, 09:09 AM
I was under the impression that the seats wouldn't be finished because of the cold weather affecting building materials (IIR, caulk was the main culprit).Something about playing an extra month affecting the timetable... I don't think it was due to lack of man power.

Again, the SOX said the reason they couldnt finish the seats (which shouldve been done in 04) was because ..........
1: Its too cold
2: Sox being in the playoffs affected construction

However, I pointed out and showed the temperature for a one month period in StLouis and in Chicago. Its been cold in StLouis too, but that hasnt stopped them from not only installing seats, but BUILDING AN ENTIRE STADIUM (concrete and all)

They also said the SOX being in the playoffs affected construction. Well, the Cardinals were also in the playoffs and were eliminated only a week earlier. I cant imagine a whole week being the reason all the seats wont be finished. Which leads me to this point ......

The SOX dont have enough people working ...........

VenturaSoxFan23
02-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Again, the SOX said the reason they couldnt finish the seats (which shouldve been done in 04) was because ..........

However, I pointed out and showed the temperature for a one month period in StLouis and in Chicago. Its been cold in StLouis too, but that hasnt stopped them from not only installing seats, but BUILDING AN ENTIRE STADIUM (concrete and all)

They also said the SOX being in the playoffs affected construction. Well, the Cardinals were also in the playoffs and were eliminated only a week earlier. I cant imagine a whole week being the reason all the seats wont be finished. Which leads me to this point ......

The work-release program had an off-season as well?

ChiSoxGirl
02-22-2006, 09:20 AM

This is :offtopic: of the original thread, but since it was brought up, I'll contribute what I found out on Monday.

Since I was off work, I went down to Bridgeport to Grandstand and stopped at the ballpark to buy some tickets with my teacher vouchers. Wanting merely to see the field, I asked if the gift shop was open, so someone took me up to the one on the 500 level, since the one on the 100 level is under construction (they're removing the Hall of Fame and expanding the gift shop). I browsed around and when I was finished, asked the woman who took me up there if I could take a peek at the field. The green seats look fantastic! The entire upper deck is finished, as is the 3rd baseline up to the end of the Sox dugout. On the 1st baseline, the blue seats have been taken out up to the end of the visitor's dugout, and there was one guy working on installing the new seats there; half of them are in behind the visitor's dugout.

Being a little confused as to why only one guy was working on the seats, I asked the woman if she knew if the green seats would be finished by April 2. She didn't know the answer to that (or any other question I asked her for that matter!). Yeah, it was cold on Monday and the wind was blowing pretty hard out of the north, but the sun was shining brightly, providing no reason as to why just one guy was working on the seats. For all I know, there could've been more working- they just weren't in my line of sight.

All that aside though, the seats looked fantastic and when they're all installed, the ballpark will be even more aesthetically pleasing than it already is! And if they don't finish by April 2, it's not a big deal, as far as I'm concerned.

Hangar18
02-22-2006, 09:30 AM
...........Wanting merely to see the field.......... and there was one guy working on installing the new seats there

Being a little confused as to why only one guy was working on the seats.........

The SOX have one guy working on the seats. Explains why its taking 3 years to do this

alohafri
02-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Trough urinals are a violation if Illinois health code, which supercedes plumbing code in the entire state.

I wish they could "ungrandfather" the Shrine.

alohafri
02-22-2006, 09:37 AM
The SOX have one guy working on the seats. Explains why its taking 3 years to do this

There was a story in the Cubune a few weeks ago that explained that due to playing so deep in October :bandance: and the very cold December, they had to delay some work on the seats as the caulk they would be using wouldn't do the job it is supposed to do at the low temperatures.

Hangar18
02-22-2006, 09:42 AM
There was a story in the Cubune a few weeks ago that explained that due to playing so deep in October :bandance: and the very cold December, they had to delay some work on the seats as the caulk they would be using wouldn't do the job it is supposed to do at the low temperatures.

Tarps and Heaters. These are common tools in the Construction industry when construction is being done during cold freezing months. In early January of 03, I was about to purchase my season ticket, and still wasnt sure which seat I wanted, row 1 behind the Bullpen Bar, or a couple rows behind the SOX bullpen. So I sat in both seats to make up my mind. It was brutally cold that day, and construction was going on (Concourse was being done at that time, with the new bricks and mortar going up)

What was on the concourse I noticed? Tarps and Heaters.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-22-2006, 11:37 AM
On the 1st baseline, the blue seats have been taken out up to the end of the visitor's dugout, and there was one guy working on installing the new seats there; half of them are in behind the visitor's dugout.

Being a little confused as to why only one guy was working on the seats, I asked the woman if she knew if the green seats would be finished by April 2. She didn't know the answer to that (or any other question I asked her for that matter!). Yeah, it was cold on Monday and the wind was blowing pretty hard out of the north, but the sun was shining brightly, providing no reason as to why just one guy was working on the seats. For all I know, there could've been more working- they just weren't in my line of sight.

There were 15 workers on site as the park is owned by the State of Illinois Sports Facilities Authority with the typical 1 worker, 14 foremen / guys standing around ratio. It would take 600 more workers (40 workers & 560 guys standing around, running personal errands, vacationing in Mexico, etc.) to complete the seats by Opening Day. This would also require 200 politically appointed administrative staff to manage the 600 workers which would eat up tens of millions of dollars or the cost of Thome, Konerko, Buehrle and Vazquez combined.

I think we (and people dining and staying downtown) can live with some blue seats for one more season. I rather have blue seats than the blue mood cub fans have approaching their 100 year of futility.

ChiSoxGirl
02-22-2006, 11:41 AM
There were 15 workers on site as the park is owned by the State of Illinois Sports Facilities Authority with the typical 1 worker, 14 foremen / guys standing around ratio. It would take 600 more workers (40 workers & 560 guys standing around, running personal errands, vacationing in Mexico, etc.) to complete the seats by Opening Day. This would also require 200 politically appointed administrative staff to manage the 600 workers which would eat up tens of millions of dollars or the cost of Thome, Konerko, Buehrle and Vazquez combined.

I think we (and people dining and staying downtown) can live with some blue seats for one more season. I rather have blue seats than the blue mood cub fans have approaching their 100 year of futility.

The whole one-guy-working-on-the-seats thing isn't an issue for me; Hangar18 is one who's so bothered by this. And as I said, there very well could've been other guys working on the seats- just not at the time I was overlooking the field.

Personally, I don't care how long the blue seats are there because I'd rather have it done right and well the first time than have a classic case of the "oops" and have to have the seats redone again in a couple years. Do it right the first time and the rewards will be greater.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-22-2006, 11:52 AM
The whole one-guy-working-on-the-seats thing isn't an issue for me; Hangar18 is one who's so bothered by this. And as I said, there very well could've been other guys working on the seats- just not at the time I was overlooking the field.

Personally, I don't care how long the blue seats are there because I'd rather have it done right and well the first time than have a classic case of the "oops" and have to have the seats redone again in a couple years. Do it right the first time and the rewards will be greater.

The one issue Sox fans should be concerned with is HOW they change the OF corner seats for next season. If they reposition the seats so they are facing the infield, as was discussed earlier in the thread, it will be worth the wait. I would think that procss may take additional time. With the record ticket demand, those seats will likely be put into good use for most ballgames - they will be sold out this season.

Sargeant79
02-22-2006, 12:02 PM
The one issue Sox fans should be concerned with is HOW they change the OF corner seats for next season. If they reposition the seats so they are facing the infield, as was discussed earlier in the thread, it will be worth the wait. I would think that procss may take additional time. With the record ticket demand, those seats will likely be put into good use for most ballgames - they will be sold out this season.

My season tickets this year are in Section 154. Half of the section is faced directly toward the field and the far half is turned in a little bit toward the infield, as are the seats for Section 155. I haven't sat in this area before so I'm not sure if it was like that before, but that's what it was as of about three weeks ago.

Also, my ticket rep said that the premium lower box seats will be green but the remainder of the lower box seats will stay blue for the whole season. He told me the same story about the caulking not performing the way it needs to in cold weather, citing the brutal December we had this year as a main reason (in addition to the extra month of baseball in 2005 :bandance: )

Finally, given that over 2,000,000 seats were accounted for before going on sale to the general public, I have a feeling that we may not be seeing very many of the seats at all this year...Can't tell what color they are when they are filled by people.

hempsox
02-22-2006, 12:05 PM
This thread tops the Unintentional Comedy factor for threads.

On a side note, I believe that we have all learned more about how they figure the number of stalls per seat than we ever wanted to know before.

ode to veeck
02-22-2006, 12:10 PM
are they going to sell the historic blue seats like they did for Old Comiskey's?

I can't wait to see a set at Morry Maggee's aka Smortsmart

SouthSide_HitMen
02-22-2006, 12:25 PM
My season tickets this year are in Section 154. Half of the section is faced directly toward the field and the far half is turned in a little bit toward the infield, as are the seats for Section 155. I haven't sat in this area before so I'm not sure if it was like that before, but that's what it was as of about three weeks ago.

154 / 155 (& 109 / 110) are not bad. It is the 111 - 115 & 149 - 153 sections which could use some repositioning.

As you mentioned the far corner seats are already facing the infield.

For the playoffs I was in 111 and you had to completely turn the entire game to watch it (look at a 90 degree angle from how your seat was positioned). It was the playoffs so I was happy to be there (and was lucky to be on the aisle instead of looking at the back of someone's head if they were 6 - 3 or so (I'm 5 11) but the technology exists to reposition the seats on an angle toward home plate without losing the number of seats in a section.

Anyway, I think that is what the White Sox plan to do based on earlier posts and it will be worth the wait.

Sargeant79
02-22-2006, 12:55 PM
154 / 155 (& 109 / 110) are not bad. It is the 111 - 115 & 149 - 153 sections which could use some repositioning.

As you mentioned the far corner seats are already facing the infield.

For the playoffs I was in 111 and you had to completely turn the entire game to watch it (look at a 90 degree angle from how your seat was positioned). It was the playoffs so I was happy to be there (and was lucky to be on the aisle instead of looking at the back of someone's head if they were 6 - 3 or so (I'm 5 11) but the technology exists to reposition the seats on an angle toward home plate without losing the number of seats in a section.

Anyway, I think that is what the White Sox plan to do based on earlier posts and it will be worth the wait.

That would be great if they are planning on doing that. I haven't heard too much about that. Good seats are going to be harder to come by, so those of us who can't afford or don't have access to the premium lower seats would definitely benefit from a reconfiguration like this.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-22-2006, 12:58 PM
A real man can go 3-hours without using the john. Kenny Williams does.

Hangar18
02-22-2006, 01:14 PM
That would be great if they are planning on doing that. I haven't heard too much about that. Good seats are going to be harder to come by, so those of us who can't afford or don't have access to the premium lower seats would definitely benefit from a reconfiguration like this.

I hope this is the "REAL" reason, but im thinking its more the 1 guy working a few hours every week for 03,04,05,06 seasons thats taking so long. This technology (angled seating to face the infield where 90% of the game is taking place) has existed for a number of years. The seats at Petco for instance are like that, and wow are those comfortable. Nothing like having your seat facing the Scoreboard and turning your head 90degrees to see whats happening. Heres to the Lets get Angled Seats like the rest of MLB thread coming soon to a board near you ............heh heh heh