7. Andy Marte, 3B, Cleveland
10. Alex Gordon, 3B, Kansas City
15. Justin Verlander, RHP, Detroit
17. Jeremy Sowers, LHP, Cleveland
20. Billy Butler, H, Kansas City
28. Joel Zumaya, RHP, Detroit
34. Justin Huber, 1B, Kansas City
43. Fernando Cabrera, RHRP, Cleveland

I have to assume McCarthy & Jenks just don't qualify anymore. Cleveland has a ton of young talent already, and more apparently about to arrive.

churlish
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
The Sox farm system sure has been depleted in the last year. However, it's a testament to the Sox scouting department because all of the trades we have made have been with our minor league talent (with the exception of Rowand).

rdivaldi
02-20-2006, 10:06 PM
The Sox farm system sure has been depleted in the last year. However, it's a testament to the Sox scouting department because all of the trades we have made have been with our minor league talent (with the exception of Rowand).

I agree that our farm system is weaker than it has been in the past couple of years. But I also think there are quite a few guys on the cusp of breaking out and getting national attention.

Tragg
02-21-2006, 12:39 AM
The only one I lament is Young.

Otherwise it's use-'em (via playing or trading) or let them rot on the vine; in contrast to his predecessor, KW is using them.

Randar68
02-21-2006, 10:43 AM
The only one I lament is Young.

Otherwise it's use-'em (via playing or trading) or let them rot on the vine; in contrast to his predecessor, KW is using them.

Well, a lot of people lamented Reed. Hasn't been an issue. I think Young will be the first guy KW has traded that will really "come back to haunt us" in terms of him becoming a good-to-great player, but that is the price of pitching these days.

Gio and Haigwood both have their share of significant issues. Gio is going to fight to stay healthy his entire career, IMO, and Haigwood doesn't have pure "stuff" for the most part. Those guys are no sure things, that's for sure. Josh Rupe could be a good bullpen arm, but this will be what, 3 years after we traded him? Franky Fransisco was pitching well outta the pen before the chair incident and then blowing his arm out and missing all of 2005.

CashMan
02-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Say the Sox win a WS again. Does it matter then if we gave up a potential 30hr-100rbi OFer to the D-Backs?

ChiSoxRowand
02-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Say the Sox win a WS again. Does it matter then if we gave up a potential 30hr-100rbi OFer to the D-Backs?

Nope

Save McCuddy's
02-21-2006, 07:51 PM

No it doesn't; but the question is, could this year's series have been won with McCarthy in the rotation instead of Vazquez and Young stepping into the centerfield job sometime in June or July?

ChiSoxRowand
02-21-2006, 10:41 PM
No it doesn't; but the question is, could this year's series have been won with McCarthy in the rotation instead of Vazquez and Young stepping into the centerfield job sometime in June or July?

Without Vazquez, a major injury to the rotation might have meant seeing a few starts by Tim Redding.:o: We don't want that.

California Sox
02-21-2006, 10:48 PM

Let's see how Vazquez pitches. If he gives up 35 HR again this year, the opinion of him on this board might shift radically.

pearso66
02-21-2006, 11:25 PM

If the Sox win, does it matter if it was with McCarthy and Young, or Vazquez? I personally won't care.

Hagan
02-21-2006, 11:28 PM
this list isnt that good in some areas. Chris young should not be so high especially compaired to someone like Carlos Queintin. I also think there are some other players who are a bit off.

WSox8404
02-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Without Vazquez, a major injury to the rotation might have meant seeing a few starts by Tim Redding.:o: We don't want that.

There is an understatement if I ever heard one.

caulfield12
02-25-2006, 06:37 PM
There is an understatement if I ever heard one.

anderson and sweeney are between 51-100, i think sweeney is 92 or so

KRS1
02-25-2006, 10:23 PM
anderson and sweeney are between 51-100, i think sweeney is 92 or so

Nice guess I wonder where that one came from...................

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1041558&postcount=1

caulfield12
02-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Nice guess I wonder where that one came from...................

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1041558&postcount=1

it wasn't like i was trying to impress anyone, lol...i just remembered from that post that anderson was in the 50's or 60's and Sweeney was a lot lower than he will be at the end of this season IMO