PDA

View Full Version : Ishii's rights belong to Dodgers

MattSharp
01-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Yet another foreign (sp?) pitcher the Dodgers are taking a chance on.

Nomo
Park
Valdes
Astacio

None panned out to well, with this change this time around???

Thoughts.....

RichH55
01-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Good old Team UN .....The Dodgers always seem like a team to me that is just too late on the latest trend....wannabes

Daver
01-09-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Good old Team UN .....The Dodgers always seem like a team to me that is just too late on the latest trend....wannabes

The Dodgers were the first organization to actively scout and recruit in foreign countries,so far as to have a camp strictly for South American players,how can you say that they late on the current trend when they established it in the first place?

RichH55
01-09-2002, 09:25 PM
I assumed that Shiinji(sic) was a Japanese player thus that was the trend I was referring to....The Team UN comment signified that I knew they have been active in foreign scouting and I remember they were leading many trends in the past like racial intergration at their best and at their worst francise relocation at the expense of the fans...if the guy I was referring to wasnt japanese then I apologize...otherwise Im still not sold that it is going to be a solid aquistion

Mathew
01-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Harder to believe teams aren't rolling in dough when they can take a chance for 20mil?

Fisk Fan
01-11-2002, 04:55 PM
I heard a rumor that his team in Japan has the right to hang onto him as long as they want, even though the Dodger's own the rights to him. Anyone else hear this?

Daver
01-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
I heard a rumor that his team in Japan has the right to hang onto him as long as they want, even though the Dodger's own the rights to him. Anyone else hear this?

That is not quite the situation,the Dodgers bid for the right to negotiate with him,if the offer made is not adequate to the player and the team it can be rejected and the Swallows retain the rights to the player.

Fisk Fan
01-11-2002, 05:01 PM
Let's say that the Dodger's make an offer and he likes the offer, but his team does not, can they decide to keep him rather than let him go?

Daver
01-11-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Let's say that the Dodger's make an offer and he likes the offer, but his team does not, can they decide to keep him rather than let him go?

They can,but it has never happened.

kermittheefrog
01-12-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Yet another foreign (sp?) pitcher the Dodgers are taking a chance on.

Nomo
Park
Valdes
Astacio

None panned out to well, with this change this time around???

Thoughts.....

I can't agree with you about those guys not panning out. The Dodgers got a couple great years out of Nomo and even though that team never went anywhere they wouldn't have been close without him.

Park has been a very good 200 inning power pitcher for the last 4 years.

It seems like they overworked Valdes in his early 20s because he just hasn't been the same 1997 when he was just 23 and had already logged close to 650 odd MLB innings.

Pedro Astacio has been underrated beacuse he plays in Coors but he's a pretty good pitcher and the Dodgers were just stupid to trade him for Delino Deshields.

Really all of these guys have panned out unless you want to define panned out in the form of another ex Dodger here on baseball business, Pedro Martinez.