PDA

View Full Version : Maybe TicketMaster isn't so bad?

SouthSideSoxFan
02-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I bought some San Francisco Giants and Oakland A's tickets yesterday on days that I knew I'd be in the SF bay area. They don't go through TicketMaster, they go through tickets.com. Just for comparison:

Convenience fee: $5.00/ticket for A's, $6.25/ticket for Giants
Shipping & order processing fee: $3.50/order
Tax: none (either they don't have one or they don't charge out-of-state)

It still would be nice if season ticket holders didn't have to go through Ticketmaster, but I guess it's the price of success and high demand.

chisoxmike
02-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Why do people keep saying "This is the price of success?" It's not. Ticketmaster has ALWAYS been like this. The price of success is the high demand for tickets, not the convenience charge on ticketmaster.

ilsox7
02-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Why do people keep saying "This is the price of success?" It's not. Ticketmaster has ALWAYS been like this. The price of success is the high demand for tickets, not the convenience charge on ticketmaster.

I believe in the past season ticket holders did not go thru Ticketmaster to get their extras. This year, with such a high demand, they had to use Ticketmaster. Therefore, it is a price of success.

dickallen15
02-18-2006, 04:55 PM
The White Sox used tickets.com a couple of years ago, for one season. I think Ticketmaster got them back by bringing in the buy multiple games feature. I'm glad I'm able to be a season ticketholder with access to sox charge for extras. These ticket companies rape people.

Cat Thief
02-18-2006, 05:49 PM
I bought some Sox vs Reds tickets today for our Cin trip and the service charges were less than half of what TM charges.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-18-2006, 06:24 PM
I received today the tickets I ordered during the Season Ticket Pre Sale today.

I understand why they hold off sending season tickets until as late as possible:

1. So people can't sell them before they are available to the general public. &

2. Save costs on printing runs by waiting until most people have signed up for the new year.

Dunkin Donuts fans will be happy - the free coffee / donut promos are printed on the tickets (for those not keeping their stubs).

I guess the $102 handling fee was worth it.

Scottiehaswheels
02-18-2006, 06:29 PM
I received today the tickets I ordered during the Season Ticket Pre Sale today.

You mean from the Feb 14th ordering? Jeez.. I just got my Ozzie Plan today... guess I'm on a 2-3 day delay Illinois to Indiana shipments can expect a week delay cuz we don't want Indiana people coming to see our team. LOL

rookie
02-19-2006, 08:11 PM
[quote=SouthSide_HitMen]

I understand why they hold off sending season tickets until as late as possible:

1. So people can't sell them before they are available to the general public. &
quote]

People can sell tickets before they are sold to the general public... ebay and stubhub both had tix on sale before they went on sale to everyone. I was lucky and got tix a little bit below face value for the yankees and cardinals game in the lower deck on ebay.