PDA

View Full Version : Reds Tix on sale now

Scottiehaswheels
02-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Just FYI... Reds vs. Sox tix are on sale now... I got all three games directly behind the Sox dugout either 1 or 2 rows back.. hurry now to get great seats!

Edit.. Just found out AA/BB are actually 27-28 rows back... Still great seats if you can get em for face!

champagne030
02-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Just FYI... Reds vs. Sox tix are on sale now... I got all three games directly behind the Sox dugout either 1 or 2 rows back.. hurry now to get great seats!

Edit.. Just found out AA/BB are actually 27-28 rows back... Still great seats if you can get em for face!

I was at the mercy of tickets.com by trying to get 10 tickets, but still got seats I like better than yours......section 113 row 7, section 414 row 2 and 303 row 4 for Fri-Sun......BTW - Stay in KY. Got a nice deal in Newport (Newport/Covington are great restaurant/bar areas) and you don't want to be in DT Cincy more than two hours before/after a game.

Scottiehaswheels
02-18-2006, 01:10 PM
I was at the mercy of tickets.com by trying to get 10 tickets, but still got seats I like better than yours......section 113 row 7, section 414 row 2 and 303 row 4 for Fri-Sun......BTW - Stay in KY. Got a nice deal in Newport (Newport/Covington are great restaurant/bar areas) and you don't want to be in DT Cincy more than two hours before/after a game.

I know... I went to a Colts/Bengals game in November... absolute madhouse... what time did you get in to get tix? I got in around 9:30 CST and couldn't find anything lower than the double letters... Got a single scout seat for each game too... figure I can rotate into that seat with my gf and her kid every couple innings or so...

Scottiehaswheels
02-18-2006, 01:19 PM
well.. thats a pisser.. better tix available now compared to when I bought mine 3 hours ago...

champagne030
02-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I know... I went to a Colts/Bengals game in November... absolute madhouse... what time did you get in to get tix? I got in around 9:30 CST and couldn't find anything lower than the double letters... Got a single scout seat for each game too... figure I can rotate into that seat with my gf and her kid every couple innings or so...

I was in the waiting room at 8:00 CST, but when they went on sale (8:30 CST) I "clicked" on best available I couldn't get through. I then tried individual levels, like mezzanine, club, terrace infield box....and was able to get through. I could've got seats in 116 row EE, but wanted something closer to the field and tried different sections......also wanted to sit in different sections of the park if I couldn't get primo seats.

Scottiehaswheels
02-18-2006, 01:22 PM
also wanted to sit in different sections of the park if I couldn't get primo seats.

I've been in the club level before,(invited by some friends of mine that work for Cinergy) but didn't care for it... I was kinda hoping double letters meant what they do at our park, Coors, Kauffman, Fenway, etc... I got AA and thought they would be awesome seats... big downer

robertks61
02-18-2006, 03:02 PM
I got FRI Sec. 113
SAT Sec. 134

Time to find a hotel............

Chisox003
02-18-2006, 03:37 PM
****!

I forgot these went on sale today!

You think I could hold off til tomorrow (I'm not looking for great seats, just cheap ones :cool: )

It shouldn't be sold out .... right?

Scottiehaswheels
02-18-2006, 03:43 PM
****!

I forgot these went on sale today!

You think I could hold off til tomorrow (I'm not looking for great seats, just cheap ones :cool: )

It shouldn't be sold out .... right?

No way its gonna sell out but check the tix prices on their site... they're relatively cheap anyways.... also you're gonna want seats on the 3rd base line(visitors)
I got 12 tix for $566... 230 of that were the 3 scout seats I bought...

Chisox003
02-22-2006, 12:28 AM
For those of you that got tickets, how did you get 'em?

I haven't looked yet, but do you need a credit card? (probably a dumb question, I know)

And can you just pick em up at the park or print them out or what?

:nuts:

Thanks!

Scottiehaswheels
02-22-2006, 12:58 AM
For those of you that got tickets, how did you get 'em?

I haven't looked yet, but do you need a credit card? (probably a dumb question, I know)

And can you just pick em up at the park or print them out or what?

:nuts:

Thanks!

Definately need a credit card, also need a MLB.com account... You can do any of the delivery methods you want... print at home/mail/etc..

Chisox003
02-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Definately need a credit card, also need a MLB.com account... You can do any of the delivery methods you want... print at home/mail/etc..
Thanks guy!

Definitely gonna grab those soon, just got our hotel set yesterday...

I seriously can't wait for this! :gulp:

Scottiehaswheels
02-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Thanks guy!

Definitely gonna grab those soon, just got our hotel set yesterday...

I seriously can't wait for this! :gulp:

Ha actually I have to be honest and say I enjoy road trips more than home games... You'll have a blast I'm sure... If you want I'll check availablity (bored at work).. How many tix you gonna need for your group?

Chisox003
02-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Ha actually I have to be honest and say I enjoy road trips more than home games... You'll have a blast I'm sure... If you want I'll check availablity (bored at work).. How many tix you gonna need for your group?
Wow, thanks for the offer, I appreciate it

But I think we're just going to go with the cheapest ones (Bleachers, $9)

We'll be there Friday and Saturday, but going down there Thursday

Scottiehaswheels
02-22-2006, 02:04 AM
Just checked... Best available right now for 3 seats for Fri/Sun.. Diamond Seats... Wish they had these posted as available when I bought my tix.... Only $215 each! Saturday best available for 3 seats is way down the 3rd baseline

areilly
02-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Some friends and I went to Cincy a couple of summers ago for a long weekend, and here's a few of the important things we found that might be useful to anyone making the trip this summer:

1) GAB is a beautiful park. Get there early and see as much as you can, and watch at least one inning from the concourse along the third base line. The cheap seats there are also highly recommended.
2) We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton downtown, which was a good deal for a nice room and put us easily within walking distance of the park.
3) If you're over 21 and like the nightlife, head across the river into Newport-on-the-Levee or across town to Mount Adams and I promise you will have a good time. To be exact, the Hofbrauhaus and the Mount Adams Pavillion were spectacular.
4) Skyline Chili is definitely as good as they say it is.
5) Downtown gets a little shady after dark so keep your wits about you. One bartender asked us what we were doing there and we told him about the road trip. His response was, "no, seriously, what are you doing here, this is a terrible part of town." There are some excellent bars and clubs if you feel like venturing around (and be sure to travel in a group), otherwise stick to the aforementioned Newport and Mt. Adams.
6) Have a provolone and salami smasher at O'Malley's in the Alley; it might just rival the Skyline Chili.

LauraJ14
02-22-2006, 09:46 AM
My sister got tickets for Friday's game in Section 133, row S and on Saturday in Section 113 Row O.
Now to find a hotel for the weekend!

SoxFan78
02-22-2006, 10:01 AM
I have a question, is their tailgating allowed at the Park?

PKalltheway
02-22-2006, 10:24 PM
5) Downtown gets a little shady after dark so keep your wits about you. One bartender asked us what we were doing there and we told him about the road trip. His response was, "no, seriously, what are you doing here, this is a terrible part of town." There are some excellent bars and clubs if you feel like venturing around (and be sure to travel in a group), otherwise stick to the aforementioned Newport and Mt. Adams.

It's true. Downtown here is pretty shady after dark, especially if you venture too far away from the ballpark. If you want to go anywhere after the game, you're best suited in to going to Newport.

I have a question, is their tailgating allowed at the Park?
As for that, I'm not too sure. I go to a lot of Reds games and I don't see people doing it because there is not that much stadium parking around the ballpark. Most people usually park in nearby garages (which are plentiful) when they go to games or they park across the river in Newport or Covington. People around here just don't tailgate for Reds games. I would check the Reds website just to be sure. http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/ballpark/index.jsp

Chisox003
02-22-2006, 10:39 PM
We're staying at the Quality Hotel and Suites Central in Norwood on Montgomery road, bout 7 miles away from GAB I believe

How's that hood? We're surely not 21, so bars probably won't be an option, but I just hope the area we're staying in is halfway decent

PKalltheway
02-22-2006, 10:43 PM
We're staying at the Quality Hotel and Suites Central in Norwood on Montgomery road, bout 7 miles away from GAB I believe

How's that hood? We're surely not 21, so bars probably won't be an option, but I just hope the area we're staying in is halfway decent

I'm not in Norwood a whole lot, but it's ok. It isn't gumdrops and lollipops, but it's ok. Just know where you're going. Don't take advantage of it, though. Stay safe. :smile:

The neighborhoods are often economically depressed, but sometimes they are not. Cities have labeled farmland, waterfront homes and middle-class neighborhoods as "blighted" and subject to eminent domain.

Highway split town in two

Norwood is a town of 21,000 residents tucked in 3 square miles entirely surrounded by Cincinnati. Other than the construction zone, the neighborhood doesn't appear blighted. A piano shop has opened in a newly renovated brick building. Two local lounges serve customers. There are occupied homes, a wine store, a hairdresser and other businesses.
The article is pretty irrelevent but this should help you a little bit I hope. http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060221/pl_usatoday/ohiocommunitytestseminentdomain

comiskey2000
02-25-2006, 06:37 PM

You do not have to stay so far from the park if you do not have to. I went last season and stood at the Sheraton like the previous poster. Close to the park and very reasonably priced.