PDA

View Full Version : 500 access on 100 level

South Side Irish
02-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I know this has been a topic of discussion in previous threads, but I'm looking for an answer I couldn't find: Can ticketholders in the 500 level access the 100 level? I know there's some concern on 2 for 1 Tuesdays and 1/2 price Mondays, but does that rule still apply year round? I'd love to check out the trophy, but would I be able to without a 100 level ticket?

Thanks!

mike squires
02-17-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm pretty sure they made it a rule...no access to lower deck without a ticket. I rarely sit in the upper tank. I got upper deck for Frank's return. I'll miss shagging balls and hanging out in the lower deck.

peeonwrigley
02-18-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm assuming 500 or 300 level season tickets can still get you into the 100 level. So if you buy a season ticket holder's tickets and get the actual original tickets and not the PDF version you should be good.

Sargeant79
02-18-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm assuming 500 or 300 level season tickets can still get you into the 100 level.

Correct, but anyone with any 300 Level ticket can get anywhere in the park...you don't have to be a season ticket holder with those. IIRC, it's only the regular 500 level tickets that come with restricted access.

BV2005
02-18-2006, 02:04 AM
Its a 50/50 shot, just walk past the security and act like you have a seat in the 100 level, he doesn't always ask to see your ticket. Me and my friends do it all the time.

HomeFish
02-18-2006, 02:25 AM
Do Ozzie Plan tickets let you into the 100 if they are 500 level?

NoNeckEra
02-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Do Ozzie Plan tickets let you into the 100 if they are 500 level?

They're going to be stricter than ever about enforcing this. Unless you're an 81 game season ticket holder with 500 level seats, without exception, you won't be allowed in any other level if you've got a 500 level seat.
My rep told me 81 gamers get a "card" giving them access to 100 level.:(:

Realist
02-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Total access to the lower deck for all 500 level fans = horrific lines for the washrooms in the lower bowl with much potential for disaster.

Allowing the 81 gamers access to the lower deck is very fair. Expanding it beyond that makes my bladder very nervous.

IlliniSox
02-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Sox management read this board daily, so thanks for bringing it up for us UD season ticket holders.

itsnotrequired
02-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Total access to the lower deck for all 500 level fans = horrific lines for the washrooms in the lower bowl with much potential for disaster.

Allowing the 81 gamers access to the lower deck is very fair. Expanding it beyond that makes my bladder very nervous.

I purchased a full-season Upper Deck plan under the assumption that I would have access to the Lower Deck. I have no real interest in hanging out down there during the game but have a great interest in being able to visit the Lower Deck during BP.

OzzyTrain
02-18-2006, 01:01 PM
They're going to be stricter than ever about enforcing this. Unless you're an 81 game season ticket holder with 500 level seats, without exception, you won't be allowed in any other level if you've got a 500 level seat.
My rep told me 81 gamers get a "card" giving them access to 100 level.:(:

I talked to a rep about this, any season ticket plan will allow you access to the lower levals. Rather it be the ozzy plan, or the 81 game plan, there considered season ticket plans.

champagne030
02-18-2006, 01:12 PM
I talked to a rep about this, any season ticket plan will allow you access to the lower levals. Rather it be the ozzy plan, or the 81 game plan, there considered season ticket plans.

You're correct, Sir!

The Critic
02-18-2006, 01:32 PM
I only plan to hit the concourse before games. When play begins, I will be in my seat.
I am glad that they're still allowing concourse access - that way I can meet up with my LD friends for a chat/beverage before the game!

itsnotrequired
02-18-2006, 01:34 PM
I only plan to hit the concourse before games. When play begins, I will be in my seat.
I am glad that they're still allowing concourse access - that way I can meet up with my LD friends for a chat/beverage before the game!

Seems like you and I are on the same page!

:thumbsup:

The Critic
02-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Seems like you and I are on the same page!

:thumbsup:

Yep!
I like to be at my seat for the first pitch. I'm not much of a concourse wanderer anyway. I just like to have the option to go down there if someone I know is going to be in the LD.

OzzyTrain
02-19-2006, 12:06 AM
I made sure of this because I want to take my nephew to bp.

SoxSideIrish
02-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Yep!
I like to be at my seat for the first pitch. I'm not much of a concourse wanderer anyway. I just like to have the option to go down there if someone I know is going to be in the LD.

If only everyone thought like that at the games. Although, I have to admit, being my first season of LEGAL drinking age, we'll have to see how this plays out... I've heard horror stories of beer lines. Sounds like if I want to drink in the park, I'm gonna miss half the game being on the concourse.

And I'm sorry to beat a dead horse here, but we are absolutely sure that season ticket holders (of any kind) can access the LD from the UD? How do the security guards know the difference? Do the tickets themselves say something on them? Like I said, sorry, but my dad and I are first time full season ticket owners now, but were in the UD. I was under the idea that UD tickets couldn't go anywhere else.

One more random question, I don't mean to hijack the thread. How do the tickets arrive? For a full season, are they all individually cut, or are they sheets of tickets? OK, thanks.

dlee120
02-19-2006, 02:31 AM

Music to my ears if this is true! I have 6 games in the UD and 7 in the LD with my Ozzie Plan. I would like to be able to catch some bp if at all possible in some of those 6.

Oh i cannot wait for April 2nd!

pinwheel
02-19-2006, 12:52 PM
How can ushers tell that you are an "ozzie plan" holder by looking at your ticket?

NoNeckEra
02-19-2006, 12:56 PM
How can ushers tell that you are an "ozzie plan" holder by looking at your ticket?
I was told by my rep that only 81 game ST holders would get a "card" identifying them as an ST holder. If Ozzie plan holders can get downstairs(and my rep was wrong), it'll be due to this "card" as I understand it.

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 01:00 PM

I guess I'm a little surprised by that. There has to what, 6,000+ full, split and Ozzie holders in the Upper Deck? I can't imagine the Sox would want to "invite" that many people down to the Lower Deck.

pinwheel
02-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I just checked my "ozzie plan" tix and it says "upper level only" above the team and date.

BeefyD
02-19-2006, 01:09 PM
I agree.... If the Sox originally stopped letting people downstairs due to overcrowding of the concourse (complaints from ST holders), I can't imagine that they will let anyone but the 81-gamers downstairs. That will REALLY be crazy with another 6-10k people on the concourse.

I'm an Ozzie plan holder, and I have 4 games UD. I have no problem watching the flag raise from my UD seat. BP is great, but it seems like everyone needs to be "lower bowl" for BP. I highly doubt all of those people would go back UD.

Keep the rule in effect. That's my opinion.

TornLabrum
02-19-2006, 02:22 PM
I got my Ozzie Plan tickets yesterday. All of my upper deck tickets are labeled "Upper Level Only." The ticket rep was wrong.

DannyCaterFan
02-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I have been told more than once by my ticket rep that I will have access to the lower deck this season. I am a 27 game Upper deck season ticket holder, and have always been able to visit the concourse or food vendors before the game. By game time I am always in my correct seat. This is a priviledge I have enjoyed for 6 years now, and if they take it away this year, then this will be my last year as a season ticket holder.

OzzyTrain
02-19-2006, 03:13 PM
I have been told more than once by my ticket rep that I will have access to the lower deck this season. I am a 27 game Upper deck season ticket holder, and have always been able to visit the concourse or food vendors before the game. By game time I am always in my correct seat. This is a priviledge I have enjoyed for 6 years now, and if they take it away this year, then this will be my last year as a season ticket holder.

I also bought a 27 game plan, it was a while ago so maybe I asked if the 27 game plan was able to go down to lower levals.

BeefyD
02-19-2006, 03:22 PM
So far, we only have proof that the Ozzie plan tickets say "Upper Level Only".
The 27-game plans may be different. Are 27-game plan tickets on ticketmaster stock, or picture-stock?

OzzyTrain
02-19-2006, 03:25 PM
I emailed my rep, will reply with the response.

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 03:30 PM
So far, we only have proof that the Ozzie plan tickets say "Upper Level Only".
The 27-game plans may be different. Are 27-game plan tickets on ticketmaster stock, or picture-stock?

27 game are on picture stock.

pinwheel
02-19-2006, 07:56 PM
I guess I'l be in the UD for the duration. Last year I was 6th row of the LD for the opener with my "Minnie" plan tix. If being in the UD is the cost of winning, it's worth it!!

Stoky44
02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
That will REALLY be crazy with another 6-10k people on the concourse.

This entire arguement really bugs me. So you think that 6-10k people are not going to watch the game from their seats and be on the concourse missing the game? Come on get serious. Almost 1/2 UD walking the concourse. I bet you would not even notice a difference on a sold out game if people from the UD were allowed down there. If I had upper deck tickets, all I would want to do is go to the LD for BP and check out the fan deck. You can not watch the game from the concourse so there is no reason for one to go down there during the game, other than to maybe show some people who have never been to the park before the game. I think it is stupid for the sox to have a restriction on the LD access.

anewman35
02-19-2006, 08:19 PM
You can not watch the game from the concourse so there is no reason for one to go down there during the game, other than to maybe show some people who have never been to the park before the game. I think it is stupid for the sox to have a restriction on the LD access.

Sure you can. I'll admit it, before they changed the rules there were times I'd buy upper deck tickets and stand on the outfield concourse the entire time, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

CLR01
02-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Sure you can. I'll admit it, before they changed the rules there were times I'd buy upper deck tickets and stand on the outfield concourse the entire time, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Don't argue with them. They all just want to go down there to look at the patio and walk around the concourse once. Then they will return to their seat. :rolleyes:

Unless of course they forget they are down there until the 3-4 inning in which case they'll find themselves an empty seat and take a break. If you don't agree with their right to go anywhere and sit anywhere you are an elitist.

Jerko
02-19-2006, 09:37 PM
This entire arguement really bugs me. So you think that 6-10k people are not going to watch the game from their seats and be on the concourse missing the game? Come on get serious. Almost 1/2 UD walking the concourse. I bet you would not even notice a difference on a sold out game if people from the UD were allowed down there. If I had upper deck tickets, all I would want to do is go to the LD for BP and check out the fan deck. You can not watch the game from the concourse so there is no reason for one to go down there during the game, other than to maybe show some people who have never been to the park before the game. I think it is stupid for the sox to have a restriction on the LD access.

I've had lower deck seats for a few years now, the Saturday and Sunday plan. I had those seats even before the UD policy was in place, and let me tell you, every Saturday night game absolutely sucked with so many people just standing around in the concourse, and no, they were not sellouts. People pissing in sinks, down ramps, and yes, I even saw a guy piss himself once. And that was before the Sox won the World Series obviously. Sorry to say, a LOT of people showed up at those games just for the fireworks or for "something to do", and a lot of people just stood in the concourse and didn't even act like there was a game going on. Sadly, I think that number is going to be even higher this year, and I would not be surprised to see the UD policy change AGAIN after the season starts if they see what a zoo-like atmosphere it may be. There may be like 5 people with UD seats who will go back to those seats after the game starts if they are allowed LD access IMO, because if you really want to, you CAN watch the game from the concourse.

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 10:09 PM
There may be like 5 people with UD seats who will go back to those seats after the game starts if they are allowed LD access IMO, because if you really want to, you CAN watch the game from the concourse.
Then count me as one of those 5 people. I have absolutely no interest in watching a game while standing on the concourse but have a great interest in visiting the LD for BP. Why would I stand when I could sit? Sure, people would snag empty LD seats when they could in the past but it is looking less and less likely that will be a concern this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the ushers checking tickets a lot more closely to make sure people are sitting in the right section.

South Side Irish
02-19-2006, 10:13 PM
So what about the fans that want to take their kids to BP? Or who want to see the Trophy but can't swing LD tix? And not just for the $$, but because they're sold out and hard to get for good games. It's not easy to get LD tix, and even if they were, they're not that cheap either.

I don't think the people who don't want an influx of people are elitests. I understand where they're coming from. If I dropped all that coin, I wouldn't want to be bothered either. But I can also speak to how it feels being "stuck" in the UD, seeing all the action below. I personally haven't seen the concourse in a few years, and would love to check out the changes. If it wasn't for my Teacher Vouchers, I would be resigned to sitting in the UD, never getting to check out what's below. And I wouldn't piss myself or in a sink or just stand there.

I can understand limiting access on some nights (like weekends), but I still think its a little unfair that NO UD people can check out what's below. Especially the Ozzie/27 game plan tix holders. I don't think its elitism, but the people in the LD aren't the only ones spending money. It still cost well over $100 bucks to take 3 other people to the game, and I'd like to get my money's worth.

South Side Irish
02-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Then count me as one of those 5 people. I have absolutely no interest in watching a game while standing on the concourse but have a great interest in visiting the LD for BP. Why would I stand when I could sit? Sure, people would snag empty LD seats when they could in the past but it is looking less and less likely that will be a concern this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the ushers checking tickets a lot more closely to make sure people are sitting in the right section.

Good post, INR. You can walk the concourse, but its rare to be able to walk into the seats without an usher checking a stub. It's not easy to just swipe somebody's seat. And if someone's sitting there, I'm pretty sure they'll gladly move. I get people in the UD who sit in my family's seats (usually 1-3rd row) if we're not there. Big deal, they move.

I know there are some dumbasses who act like idiots down there and take advantage of the Sox previous rules. But it's frustating that the "5" of us who would go back to our seats are punished. I just want to watch BP, meet a few guys for a beer, admire the view, stroll before the game, then go keep my scorecard up in my seat after the anthem ends. That's all.

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Good post, INR. You can walk the concourse, but its rare to be able to walk into the seats without an usher checking a stub. It's not easy to just swipe somebody's seat. And if someone's sitting there, I'm pretty sure they'll gladly move. I get people in the UD who sit in my family's seats (usually 1-3rd row) if we're not there. Big deal, they move.

I know there are some dumbasses who act like idiots down there and take advantage of the Sox previous rules. But it's frustating that the "5" of us who would go back to our seats are punished. I just want to watch BP, meet a few guys for a beer, admire the view, stroll before the game, then go keep my scorecard up in my seat after the anthem ends. That's all.
Sadly, there are too many doofs who ruin it for everyone else. It would be impossible for the Sox to let anyone down and then somehow herd all UD ticketholders back upstairs before the start of the game.

If I had my ways about it, I would allow full-season UD ticket holders access to the LD for all games. UD Ozzie holders would get no access to the LD for any games. Split-season is where it gets tricky. Ideally, access could be granted for "less crowded" games but how would that be defined? Weekdays only? Non-Prime or Premier dates? Beats me.

I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions...

MySoxAreClean
02-19-2006, 10:39 PM
I hate waiting in line, I agree with not letting people walk around the park, I sat in the nosebleed section, I will this year just for home opener.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Don't argue with them. They all just want to go down there to look at the patio and walk around the concourse once. Then they will return to their seat. :rolleyes:

Unless of course they forget they are down there until the 3-4 inning in which case they'll find themselves an empty seat and take a break. If you don't agree with their right to go anywhere and sit anywhere you are an elitist.

I actually rather sit in UD infield box seats than the LD Box seats in the OF corners (where the seats face the outfield, not the infield and you have to turn the entire game to watch what is going on).

I am an 81 game holder (though I sold many of the games) and will get a pass or something to go downstairs. I plan on using it for two reasons - to see the trophy if they find a place for it (once) and to go to the Mexican stand - tacos and such, which they do not have in the UD. If I was deied going downstairs even with an 81 game plan I wouldn't be offended or upset about it. I expect the LD to be packed and rather have more room which I expect to have during most games upstairs.

There really are not any other reasons to want to go to the LD except for switching seats (which is a bogus reason to change the rule), to meet friends (though you can do that tailgating or at the bar downstairs) and I guess batting practice (though rumor has it you can watch it from the UD).

It is more important to keep UD people upstairs this upcoming season than ever before with the 10 - 15 thousand expected upstairs each game. The concourses would be dangerous if even 20% of the people wanted to hang out on the concourse.

During the Game 2 World Series pre game rain delay the covered concourse were impassable and this was with strict segregation of the seating areas (thousands of people with tickets to box seats, bleachers and reserved seats mobbed the covered concourse during the delay to stay dry). There simply is not enough room to accommodate upper deck patrons in the Lower Deck. You expose fans to a serious hazard if you added thousands of UD people to the mix and could cause major injuries or death.

In prior seasons, most people had the opportunity to purchase LD seats (except for Opening Day and the Cubs series). Now most LD seats are already gone so people will not have an option. The good news is they will find out the UD is not bad at all (except for the OF corners which I would argue are just a little worse than the LD corners - I really hope the reposition the seats next off season) and this will remove the "stigma" of not wanting to be in the Upper Deck. I rather have an infield box seat in the UD vs. standing in the concourse for 4 hours and not watching (or being very far removed) from the game.

The Critic
02-19-2006, 11:43 PM

Whether you believe me or not, I like to watch the game from the seat I belong in, no matter where it is. I plan to hang around the concourse before the game if someone I know is down there, but I have no intention of "finding myself an empty seat" on the lower deck if I have an upper deck ticket.
I know some people do that, but not everyone does. I purchased a couple of games in the lower deck this year - I'll sit down there on those days only. The rest of the time you can find me in section 524, where I belong.

comiskey2000
02-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Im guessing they will have a stricter way of checking if are in the LD this year. Those people checking the last few years sometimes do not even look at the ticket. I would expect a possible turnstile type device to count fans as well.

CLR01
02-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Whether you believe me or not, I like to watch the game from the seat I belong in, no matter where it is. I plan to hang around the concourse before the game if someone I know is down there, but I have no intention of "finding myself an empty seat" on the lower deck if I have an upper deck ticket.
I know some people do that, but not everyone does. I purchased a couple of games in the lower deck this year - I'll sit down there on those days only. The rest of the time you can find me in section 524, where I belong.

You bought the ticket there so yes that is where you belong.

I realize that some people genuinely do just want to look around before the game or whatever but for some people its not enough. This discussion has been going on for what 3 years now and there are some that still feel that the "Comiskey upgrade" is a tradition and that they should still be allowed to do it. Until someone can come up with a way to allow people to come down and make sure they go back up the policy should stand as is. The LD is not designed or staffed to hold an extra 1..2..3000+ (whatever the number may be) people. That will be obvious this year more than ever.

CLR01
02-20-2006, 12:09 AM
There really are not any other reasons to want to go to the LD except for switching seats (which is a bogus reason to change the rule), to meet friends (though you can do that tailgating or at the bar downstairs) and I guess batting practice (though rumor has it you can watch it from the UD).

You mean they don't put a tarp over the UD during BP?

The Critic
02-20-2006, 12:18 AM
You bought the ticket there so yes that is where you belong.

I realize that some people genuinely do just want to look around before the game or whatever but for some people its not enough. This discussion has been going on for what 3 years now and there are some that still feel that the "Comiskey upgrade" is a tradition and that they should still be allowed to do it. Until someone can come up with a way to allow people to come down and make sure they go back up the policy should stand as is. The LD is not designed or staffed to hold an extra 1..2..3000+ (whatever the number may be) people. That will be obvious this year more than ever.

I belong wherever USCF policy decides I belong. If 500 level ST holders get LD access, then I belong there if that's where I choose to be.
I exercise common courtesy by not staying there once the game begins. I feel that others should, too, but unless and until USCF policy prohibits anyone from staying on the concourse all game if they choose to do so, then they "belong" there, inconvenient or not.
Don't get me wrong - I believe that UD people should be in their seats once the game begins, but unfortunately not enough people exhibit courtesy towards each other. This is not limited to baseball seating by any means.
I think in-game concourse overcrowding this season will eventually lead to a "500 level ticket = stay in the 500 level" policy, and at that point I ( and other 500 level ticket holders ) will truly belong there.

pinwheel
02-20-2006, 04:28 AM
[QUOTE=South Side Irish]So what about the fans that want to take their kids to BP? Or who want to see the Trophy but can't swing LD tix?

Have they decided where the trophy will be?

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Well most of you are ripping into me for my opinions about the LD access policy, but I still think it is bad and I am a full season LD ticket holder. I know you can watch the game from the concourse, but if it is a really crowded game, there can maybe be 2 rows of people otherwise you can't see the game if it is a crowded game.

I am sure there are going to be a lot of people from the UD on the LD this year, because I heard this guy on the radio say he is going to print fake ticketfast sheets and ticket stubs because he thinks the classism is unfair (not to illegally get in the game, but to get into the LD). He said it is like letting all the lower class ticket holders of the Titanic die because they didn't have the money to go on the top deck. Needless to say this guy was cut off the air when he said this. I agree this is kind of unfair (though I do not agree with printing illegal ticket stubs), and so do 7 other ST holder, we are thinking about handing out our previous game ticket stubs before each game to UD ticket holders to see if they can use it to get downstairs.

The Critic
02-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Please don't do something that dumb.
All that will "accomplish" is getting LD access removed for UD ST holders.
Just exercise some basic decency - if the concourse is loaded with people and you have an UD ticket, just go sit in your seat. It's the decent thing to do.

NorthSideSox72
02-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Put me in with the 27-game UD holders who:

1. Were told in no uncertain terms by the ticket rep that they would get LD access
2. Want to wander the LD on occasion, mostly pre-game
3. Would not spend the game standing around the LD, or piss in any sinks.

I doubt they'd change the policy on 81/27 season holders getting all-park access, since they sold so many plans in the UD. There would be an uprising. They may change it in the future, but they won't take it away from existing holders who were promised otherwise. That would cause a customer service nightmare for the Sox.

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Please don't do something that dumb.
All that will "accomplish" is getting LD access removed for UD ST holders.
Just exercise some basic decency - if the concourse is loaded with people and you have an UD ticket, just go sit in your seat. It's the decent thing to do.

See this bugs me too, because we have the money to pay for season tickets (thought you have UD) we should be allowed to enter the lower deck? Would you think it would be fair if the Sox didn't let UD ST holders down? You don't have a lower deck ticket, and you are taking up the precious spaced concourse from those who do. What about the guy who is a die hard Sox fan and has a family, and can't pay for ST. Are we bigger Sox fans? Should that guy not be allowed to see BP, take his kids on the fan deck, see the trophy downstairs, or get some food not offered in the UD?

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 09:38 AM
UD...piss in any sinks.

That's right only low class UD ticket holders piss in sinks. I guess everytime you saw that, the person must have had a UD ticket in their pocket. These steroetypes are stupid and wrong, in fact all stereotypes are. I could insert any Sox fan, class, race, or location stereotype now and I am sure it wouldn't apply to you, but I won't. That is an ignorant comment to assume that only UD ticket holders will piss in sinks and do things to shame the park.

The Critic
02-20-2006, 09:39 AM
See this bugs me too, because we have the money to pay for season tickets (thought you have UD) we should be allowed to enter the lower deck? Would you think it would be fair if the Sox didn't let UD ST holders down? You don't have a lower deck ticket, and you are taking up the precious spaced concourse from those who do. What about the guy who is a die hard Sox fan and has a family, and can't pay for ST. Are we bigger Sox fans? Should that guy not be allowed to see BP, take his kids on the fan deck, see the trophy downstairs, or get some food not offered in the UD?
I do have UD tickets, and I don't necessarily agree with the policy either.
But trying to deceive Sox personnel is not the way to bring about change.
The Sox have decided, for whatever reasons, that restricting concourse access for non-ST holders is the way they want to go forward. The concourse access for ST holders is, for now, a "perk" of purchasing the season tickets. It doesn't make anyone "bigger fans", it's just an incentive to buy season seats. This kind of thing happens all the time, not just at baseball games. The Sox want the most ST plans as they can get - it helps them set their budget, and it puts them less at the mercy of the weather. In order to entice people to buy upper-deck season plans, they use the LD access as a lure.
Trying to cheat the established system can only have a negative impact on everyone involved, that's why I'd really discourage it.

As for the guy trying to take his kids down to see BP, I don't have an easy answer for that, other than to suggest that he buy lower-deck seats for a less attractive visiting team. Maybe a weekday game, or a 1/2 price Monday? No system is going to please everyone, that's just an unfortunate fact of life.

NorthSideSox72
02-20-2006, 09:40 AM
That's right only low class UD ticket holders piss in sinks. I guess everytime you saw that, the person must have had a UD ticket in their pocket. These steroetypes are stupid and wrong, in fact all stereotypes are. I could insert any Sox fan, class, race, or location stereotype now and I am sure it wouldn't apply to you, but I won't. That is an ignorant comment to assume that only UD ticket holders will piss in sinks and do things to shame the park.

What the heck are you talking about? Stereotype? did you actually READ my post? I was saying I AM an UD ticket holder, and I WOULD NOT piss in any sinks.

Please, actually read someone's post before insulting them about something they didn't say. What planet are you on?

NorthSideSox72
02-20-2006, 09:42 AM

And further, ths pissing in sinks reference I took from this thread - some LD season holder said he saw people doing that, and tried to blame it on the fact that it was crowded with UD people. Yell at HIM, not me. I was saying his point was ridiculous.

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 09:47 AM
What the heck are you talking about? Stereotype? did you actually READ my post? I was saying I AM an UD ticket holder, and I WOULD NOT piss in any sinks.

Please, actually read someone's post before insulting them about something they didn't say. What planet are you on?

I did read your post, and I saw the other guy's comment. I do appolgize for addressing you in my post. I should have taken more time to quote the other guy(which I can't find). But the way you say that you won't do that, makes it appear as thought you believe in the stereotype. I will edit my post. It just really ticks me off to see these stereotypes.

Realist
02-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Everybody that purchases tickets to a Sox game deserves to be able to go anywhere they wish to go in the public areas of the park.

The new policy is not designed to "punish" the people in the upper deck. It's designed because most people sitting in the upper deck are not the fine people we find here at WSI that would surely return to their seats and plenty of them won't return to their seats to watch the game. Plenty of them will choose to stay in the lower deck and create a logistical nitemare. It's been shown to happen time after time in the past.

A line has to be drawn somewhere. If they could double the vendors and washrooms in the lower bowl, I'd be the first guy waving franticly for everybody in the UD to come down and hang out with me.

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Everybody that purchases tickets to a Sox game deserves to be able to go anywhere they wish to go in the public areas of the park.

The new policy is not designed to "punish" the people in the upper deck. It's designed because most people sitting in the upper deck are not the fine people we find here at WSI that would surely return to their seats and plenty of them won't return to their seats to watch the game. Plenty of them will choose to stay in the lower deck and create a logistical nitemare. It's been shown to happen time after time in the past.

A line has to be drawn somewhere. If they could double the vendors and washrooms in the lower bowl, I'd be the first guy waving franticly for everybody in the UD to come down and hang out with me.

Everyone who purchases tickets to the Sox game needs to follow the policies set by the Sox. To think that one "deserves" more is unrealistic. I thought you were a Realist?:tongue:

To imply that "most" people in the UD are not of the same caliber as those in the LD is just a tired stereotype.

TornLabrum
02-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Let's go back to why lower deck access was restricted in the first place. It was a recommendation pretty much imposed by MLB after the Ligue and Dybas incidents. IIRC it was Dybas who had an upper deck ticket and took his "Comiskey Upgrade" in order to attack an umpire.

It isn't going to change because the Sox have already experienced that problem. So why not just quit bitching and obey the damned rules.

Realist
02-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Everyone who purchases tickets to the Sox game needs to follow the policies set by the Sox. To think that one "deserves" more is unrealistic. I thought you were a Realist?:tongue:

To imply that "most" people in the UD are not of the same caliber as those in the LD is just a tired stereotype.

No, the people of the UD are the exact same caliber as those in the lower deck. If everybody were to switch seats for one game and allow all access to the public areas for everyone, the lower bowl would still be swarmed with too many people.

My argument is that not all the folks attending the games with upper deck seats or lower deck seats are the stand up individuals one might find amongst WSI members. Huge piles of yahoos that are barely even Sox fans, or not even Sox fans at all, will naturally gravitate towards the lower bowl concourse and create havoc with long concession and washroom lines.

Oh, and I said... Everybody that purchases tickets to a Sox game deserves to be able to go anywhere they wish to go in the public areas of the park.

Nothing in that statement even hints that any one group deserves more than any other group. :?:

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Oh, and I said... Everybody that purchases tickets to a Sox game deserves to be able to go anywhere they wish to go in the public areas of the park.

Nothing in that statement even hints that any one group deserves more than any other group. :?:

I see what you're saying but the reality is that UD single-game ticket holders do not have the right to visit the LD. Whether they "deserve" to or not is a separate philosophical debate.

Realist
02-20-2006, 10:30 AM
I see what you're saying but the reality is that UD single-game ticket holders do not have the right to visit the LD. Whether they "deserve" to or not is a separate philosophical debate.

Exactly. :wink:

NoNeckEra
02-20-2006, 10:31 AM
If this park was designed like the old Chicago Stadium, where first and second balcony entrances were separate, and it was physically impossible to get to the main floor/mezz, there would never be a discussion on this topic.

But since the policy had to be enforced due to 1% bad citizens, and it adversely affected 99% of us good citizens, we're ticked about losing "rights".

This policy ain't gonna change, and in fact, it's only going to get tighter. Security will be a much greater presence this year because they're not going to be taken by surprise by occasional big crowds. They upgraded the upper deck last year with more concession stands and an enclosed concourse for this very reason.

Like it or not, game by game, it IS a class system. The UD seats are much cheaper 'cause they're worse seats and have less privileges.

Now let's play ball!

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 10:32 AM
I see what you're saying but the reality is that UD single-game ticket holders do not have the right to visit the LD.

By handing out my LD ST stubs, with 7 others, I hope to change that!

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Exactly. :wink:

Seeing as how fans in the LD are of the same caliber as those in the UD, I'm taking the stance that LD people aren't allowed in the UD. If they don't want us, we don't want them!

:redneck

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 10:37 AM
The UD seats are much cheaper 'cause they're worse seats and have less privileges.

It depends on where the seats are. I would take Premium Upper Box (first 6 rows around the basepaths) over Lower Reserved seats behind the foul poles in a heartbeat. I enjoy the UD more than the LD, pretty much because I always seem to end up with crappy seats in the LD. I've never sat in the Scout Seats or Premium Lower Box though. Perhaps my tune would change if I could watch from those seats.

Someone should offer me their Scout or Premium Lower Box seats in an effort to convert me to a LD fan.:D:

South Side Irish
02-20-2006, 11:10 AM
I see what you're saying but the reality is that UD single-game ticket holders do not have the right to visit the LD.

That's a nice point of view. I'm a bigger Sox fan than most people I know, but just because but happen to have less money, I don't "have the right" to visit the LD.

Whatever. I understand the logistical difficulty of people flocking downstairs, but the arrogance that some people treat others with is embarrassing. We're all Sox fans here, but some of us seem to forget that. There's no need to make the UD people feel more like **** with comments like that.

EDIT: Happy, TL?

TornLabrum
02-20-2006, 11:13 AM
That's a nice point of view. I'm a bigger Sox fan than most people I know, but just because but happen to have less money, I don't "deserve" to visit the LD.

Whatever. I understand the logistical difficulty of people flocking downstairs, but the arrogance that some people treat others with is embarrassing. We're all Sox fans here, but some of us seem to forget that. There's no need to make the UD people feel more like **** with comments like that.

Where do you get "don't deserve" from "don't have the right"?

scottjanssens
02-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I got my Ozzie Plan tickets yesterday. All of my upper deck tickets are labeled "Upper Level Only." The ticket rep was wrong.

Caveat, this pertains to how it worked last year and the rules may have changed since.

I upgraded from a 27-game plan mid-season last year to a full 81-game plan. My new tickets were ticketmaster tickets that contained the text "Upper Level Only". They also had my account number on them. I could get these tickets stamped at the customer relations window behind home plate on the upper level. The stamp (which was a large US Cellular Field logo in black ink on the back of the ticket) allowed me to access the lower level. Why Ticketmaster's computer system can't figure out to print "Lower Level Allowed" when there's an account number present or why the ushers can't be taught to look for account number on the tickets I do not know.

South Side Irish
02-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Where do you get "don't deserve" from "don't have the right"?

The point remains.

champagne030
02-20-2006, 11:37 AM
By handing out my LD ST stubs, with 7 others, I hope to change that!

And I hope they revoke your PRIVLEDGE, as an upper deck season ticket holder, to access the lower deck.

Brooks, please put the Hall of Fame exhibit and trophy upstairs so then everyone can stop crying about not being able to see it. Then limit a 500 level ticket to the 500 level and say it's being instituted because Stoky44 has abused the system.

Hangar18
02-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Can ticketholders in the 500 level access the 100 level?

Short answer ............ NO

NorthSideSox72
02-20-2006, 11:52 AM

Long answer: Yes. For season ticket holders, 81 and 27 game plans, as has been pointed out in this thread.

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 12:07 PM
And I hope they revoke your PRIVLEDGE, as an upper deck season ticket holder, to access the lower deck.

Notice I have LD ST, not UD. So, your ban would still not change my access to the LD, and there will still be the 8 of us giving our stubs to UD single game ticket holders.

steff
02-20-2006, 12:09 PM

Correct answer.. Henry's full of ****.

Folks with UD plans, please call your reps. Last year those with ANY UD plan were able to get downstairs by going to customer relations and getting a stamp.

steff
02-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Notice I have LD ST, not UD. So, your ban would still not change my access to the LD, and there will still be the 8 of us giving our stubs to UD single game ticket holders.

And this is why this policy will never change.

Is this jerks LD seat location noted anywhere on the site..

NorthSideSox72
02-20-2006, 12:14 PM

There was that WSI seat map thread, but that was a while back.

OzzyTrain
02-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Received this today, I don't understand why people just don't talk to there rep.

Concerning the 27 game ticket plan

You will have access to the 100 level, but not the 300 or any of the
suite levels. Only people with those level tickets, have access to
those levels.

Natalie

People love to go off topic in here

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 12:16 PM

Why am I a jerk to think the policy is not fair? This is my way to show my disagreement with the system. You think our 8 tickets are really going to affect us on the LD. What is the big deal, or can you not stand to be around people with lowly UD tickets?

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 12:18 PM

Why do you want my seat location? You going to call and tell on me? Or do you just want to meet me on opening night and have calm and cool debate?

steff
02-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Why am I a jerk to think the policy is not fair? This is my way to show my disagreement with the system. You think our 8 tickets are really going to affect us on the LD. What is the big deal, or can you not stand to be around people with lowly UD tickets?

Disagree all you want.
I can't stand scumbags who try to cheat the system. If the shoe fits.. so be it.

champagne030
02-20-2006, 12:27 PM

Okay. I now hope that one of the people you give a stub will do something stupid and your tickets will be revoked.

Look, the problem is probably not caused by ST holders or even a majority of UD people. The problem I have is that it makes my LD experience worse due to the over crowding. I'm missing the reason why I should have longer restroom lines, beer lines, food lines......

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 12:29 PM

You are not a jerk at all for thinking the policy is unfair. However, I believe giving away your stubs violates that "contract" you enter into when you purchase a ticket. I won't call you a jerk for such a move but would caution against it.

There are other ways to "fight the system". Risking your season tickets does not seem to be in your best interest.

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Disagree all you want.
I can't stand scumbags who try to cheat the system. If the shoe fits.. so be it.

Now I am a scumbag who is cheating the system. Wow. I didn't realize that access to the 100 level was such a system, that dare not be challenged. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Guess what I must be a huge scumbag becuase I drive 5mph faster than the speed limit at times too, and that is even a bigger system than the 100 level restrictions. Next time your car goes a little to fast, stop and thing "I must be a scumbag, I am cheating the system putting lives in danger to go 5 mph over the posted limit to try to get somewhere 30 seconds faster."

Get serious, you act like this is some great system and how dare anyone sneak to the 100 level.

rdwj
02-20-2006, 12:32 PM
What's wrong with just sitting where your seats are?

Everyone knows about the policy, so that's no longer an excuse and it only restricts single game ticket holders anyway - so what's the big deal. If your just going to ONE game, the price difference isn't much.

I have LD season tickets and if I started whining that I should be allowed in the stadium club or the luxury suites, I'd get laughed at. Just use what you paid for and enjoy it. If you can't enjoy it - buy better tickets or don't go. Simple!!

Realist
02-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Now I am a scumbag who is cheating the system. Wow. I didn't realize that access to the 100 level was such a system, that dare not be challenged. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Guess what I must be a huge scumbag becuase I drive 5mph faster than the speed limit at times too, and that is even a bigger system than the 100 level restrictions. Next time your car goes a little to fast, stop and thing "I must be a scumbag, I am cheating the system putting lives in danger to go 5 mph over the posted limit to try to get somewhere 30 seconds faster."

Good argument against being called a "scumbag".

...how dare anyone sneak to the 100 level.

If you have a good plan, don't broadcast it on a public forum. Discretion is the better part of valour. :wink:

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 12:39 PM

I agree that if you have UD tickets, you should sit in the UD. However, I once could not pay for ST and when I went to a sox game, I loved to go down by the field for BP, walk the concourse pre game to get some food not in the UD, and visit other things not in the UD. I just have a problem with restricting people from entering the 100 level. I think they should just have the ushers at each stairway check tickets like hawks. This is just my opinion, and I think the policy stinks for those who can't pay for ST or LD seats. To me when I was younger I would rather see 2 games in the ud than 1 in the ld. And for the guy who can't pay a little extra times 4 tickets for the family to sit in the ld, it stinks. "Dad I want to get a player to sign my hat. Dad can we see the fan deck? Dad, do they sell the Taco's in the UD? Dad, can we go see the WS trophy? Where is the HF in the UD?" "Sorry son, I guess we are not good enough to roam the concourse with the LD seat holders. Some people really take it offensively if we walk around down there so you can see the park. I know this is your favorite day of the year. I work really hard to get the moeny to pay for us to go to the game, I am sorry we just don't have the money."

Stoky44
02-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Good argument against being called a "scumbag".

If you have a good plan, don't broadcast it on a public forum. Discretion is the better part of valour. :wink:

Thanks. I am just going to stop posting about this. I have LD ST and think it is unfair for those who have UD (which was me at one time) can't go to the LD. I agree that UD ticket holders should sit in their UD seat, but I think they should be allowed to see the entire park. I will agree to disagree with many of you and do what I can to challenge the policy. I know some of you also agree with me.

I remember as a child going to see the Cardinals play on vacation, and since we did not have the money to pay for LD tickets I could not get close to the field. I was devistated. It may be easy for us all now to say the bathroom and beer lines are 2 minutes longer now, and the concousre has 1,500 people extra (at the absolute most, not 6-10k), but try telling that to the kid inside of you that dreams and can not wait to get to go to the park and see your favorite game being played by your favorite team.

Chip Z'nuff
02-20-2006, 12:52 PM

How exactly do you pull this off, some elaborate design of fishing line and bubble gum?

Gavin
02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I think this is an excellent time to bring out Rawls' Veil of Ignorance and/or Original Position.

spiffie
02-20-2006, 01:22 PM
I don't want to get yelled at as being some sort of anarchist, so let me preface this by saying that LD access should ONLY be for LD people before and during the games. If you can't afford LD tickets you're ****ed, so be it. Go cry somewhere else.

Thaaaat said...am I the only one who could see a summer of really bad publicity for the Sox if there is no logistical way for people who have UD access to see the trophy and any other World Series related things they have at the park this year? For these things I really hope they come up with some alternative. Perhaps having the ramp nearest the HOF/Gift shop be cordoned off so that people can come down from all levels and see that area of the park, but only allow people with 100 level tickets past that point. Or keep things open for an hour or so after the game. I personally have no stake in this. Myself and everyone I know has tickets for games in the lower bowl, and I've already had my picture taken with the trophy and all that. But I could see this becoming something of a PR backlash on talk radio and in print if the story becomes "Sox tell half their fanbase the trophy is not for them." And if it does, all the rational arguments and clear-headed logic of the folks in this thread will get drowned out in the noise.

comiskey2000
02-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Simple Solution: we get WSI membership cards that gives us free reign of the entire stadium.

Chip Z'nuff
02-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I really hope they come up with some alternative. Perhaps having the ramp nearest the HOF/Gift shop be cordoned off so that people can come down from all levels and see that area of the park, but only allow people with 100 level tickets past that point. Or keep things open for an hour or so after the game. I personally have no stake in this.

They could also set up a live video feed of the trophy and broadcast it on Zenith TVs that are hung from the support beams. Seriously, just put the trophy outside by the entrance.

I personally love the atmosphere of the UD. Everytime I sit up there I've had a good time.

comiskey2000
02-20-2006, 01:53 PM
It would seem logical to put the trophy in the UD. That way UD ticket people can see it, and LD people can go to the UD if they want to see it.

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 01:56 PM
It would seem logical to put the trophy in the UD. That way UD ticket people can see it, and LD people can go to the UD if they want to see it.

No way! LD ticketholders belong in the LD!

:tongue:

CLR01
02-20-2006, 02:20 PM

Everyone knows about the policy, so that's no longer an excuse and it only restricts single game ticket holders anyway - so what's the big deal. If your just going to ONE game, the price difference isn't much.

I have LD season tickets and if I started whining that I should be allowed in the stadium club or the luxury suites, I'd get laughed at. Just use what you paid for and enjoy it. If you can't enjoy it - buy better tickets or don't go. Simple!!

Your classism is not welcome here, go back to Wrigley!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN PEOPLE. DO WE WANT TO DENY THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE A BASEBALL GAME? DO WE WANT TO CUT OF HALF A GENERATION OF FUTURE SOX FANS BY RESTRICTING THEIR ACCESS TO WHERE THEY BOUGHT THEIR TICKET? WELL BY SUPPORTING THE UD POLICY THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING, EVERYONE KNOWS YOU CAN'T SEE THE FIELD WHEN YOU ARE ABOVE THE SKY BOXES.

TODAY IS A SAD DAY. TODAY THE TERRORIST HAVE WON.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-20-2006, 02:20 PM
The UD seats are much cheaper 'cause they're worse seats and have less privileges.

I rather have this view (My Season Tickets upstairs)

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/seating_views/photo_seating_view526.jpg

Than this option I was offered before purchasing upper deck infield box seats:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/seating_views/photo_seating_view111.jpg

Section 111.

That said, There are no legitimate reasons why Upper Deck seat holders should be permitted downstairs. During Game 2 of the World Series, the concourse was completely packed with people avoiding the rain. If you had several thousand Upper Deck people included, there would be a mob scene and serious injuries or possibly death with that much overcrowding.

I had second balcony tickets at the Chicago Stadium (3rd row - about 40 feet from the ice!!!). We met up with people after the game downstairs. It was no big deal. People should go to the game to WATCH the game, not BS on a concourse like some Cub fan drinking the entire game.

People can watch batting practice from the Upper Deck as well - they do not block the view like the cubs with their security screens blocking roof top viewers.

This is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. People - you are not entitled to go to the lower deck, even though you were allowed to do so several years ago. This entitlement mentality has got to stop as it is responsible for the pathetic developments of the past few decades.

TornLabrum
02-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Your classism is not welcome here, go back to Wrigley!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN PEOPLE. DO WE WANT TO DENY THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE A BASEBALL GAME? DO WE WANT TO CUT OF HALF A GENERATION OF FUTURE SOX FANS BY RESTRICTING THEIR ACCESS TO WHERE THEY BOUGHT THEIR TICKET? WELL BY SUPPORTING THE UD POLICY THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING, EVERYONE KNOWS YOU CAN'T SEE THE FIELD WHEN YOU ARE ABOVE THE SKY BOXES.

TODAY IS A SAD DAY. TODAY THE TERRORIST HAVE WON.

:tealpolice:

Sad
02-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I rather have this view (My Season Tickets upstairs)

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/seating_views/photo_seating_view526.jpg

Than this option I was offered before purchasing upper deck infield box seats:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/seating_views/photo_seating_view111.jpg

Section 111.

I agree with that...

don't know what the big deal is with LD access...
maybe if you've never been to the park & been down there before?
80% of my tickets are upstairs this year save for 5-6 LD games

CLR01
02-20-2006, 02:41 PM
I agree that if you have UD tickets, you should sit in the UD. However, I once could not pay for ST and when I went to a sox game, I loved to go down by the field for BP, walk the concourse pre game to get some food not in the UD, and visit other things not in the UD. I just have a problem with restricting people from entering the 100 level. I think they should just have the ushers at each stairway check tickets like hawks. This is just my opinion, and I think the policy stinks for those who can't pay for ST or LD seats. To me when I was younger I would rather see 2 games in the ud than 1 in the ld. And for the guy who can't pay a little extra times 4 tickets for the family to sit in the ld, it stinks. "Dad I want to get a player to sign my hat. Dad can we see the fan deck? Dad, do they sell the Taco's in the UD? Dad, can we go see the WS trophy? Where is the HF in the UD?" "Sorry son, I guess we are not good enough to roam the concourse with the LD seat holders. Some people really take it offensively if we walk around down there so you can see the park. I know this is your favorite day of the year. I work really hard to get the moeny to pay for us to go to the game, I am sorry we just don't have the money."

The lower deck ticket holders don't get acess to the 300 level, 300 level ticket holders can't visit the sky box or scout seats, not everyone gets to visit the stadium club. I would love to check out a patio party but I can't do that unless I buy a ticket to get in. Can't visit the BP sports bar unless your 21. You don't get to sit in first class when you buy coach....its a tough lesson the kid will have to learn someday.

There have been and will continue to be plenty of opportunities to meet the players, get autographs and see the trophy. Why didn't this father take his son to Soxfest? He could have done all of that there. Oh wait Sox fest was over sold/too crowded and everyone bitched about it. Funny how that works.

TornLabrum
02-20-2006, 02:46 PM
The lower deck ticket holders don't get acess to the 300 level, 300 level ticket holders can't visit the sky box's or the scout seats, not everyone gets to visit the stadium club. I would love to check out a patio party but I can't do that unless I buy a ticket to get in. Can't visit the BP sports bar unless your 21. You don't get to sit in first class when you buy coach....its a tough lesson the kid will have to learn someday.

There have been and will continue to be plenty of opportunities to meet the players, get autographs and see the trophy. Why didn't this father take his son to Soxfest? He could have done all of that there. Oh wait Sox fest was over sold/too crowded and everyone bitched about it. Funny how that works.

BLATANT PLUG: I don't know about the trophy, but there will be three opportunities to get autographs this summer at Windy City Sox Fans luncheons, and the money you spend goes to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities and Children's Memorial Hospital. The dates will be June 9, July 7, and August 11. Players TBA.

CLR01
02-20-2006, 02:48 PM
BLATANT PLUG: I don't know about the trophy, but there will be three opportunities to get autographs this summer at Windy City Sox Fans luncheons, and the money you spend goes to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities and Children's Memorial Hospital. The dates will be June 9, July 7, and August 11. Players TBA.

:spam:

Liar everyone knows you can't get autographs outside the stadium, LD to be specific.

Baby Fisk
02-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Sox tell half their fanbase the trophy is not for them

:knue
"Ho baby, we just scored our Opening Day headline!"

And FWIW, I'm also in the "sit in the seat you paid for" camp. If I want to see the LD (or spare my children the heartbreak of UD seats), I'll pay for it like everyone else. Anyone who wants to try and legitimize the "sob story" approach will soon find a couple million willing conspirators. Such is human nature.

kittle42
02-20-2006, 02:58 PM
sky box's

:o:

CLR01
02-20-2006, 03:00 PM
:o:

It happens' :wink:

IspepAloc
02-20-2006, 03:13 PM
The problem with the Upper Deck only policy is this. Lower Deck has more options for food, stores, etc. People should be allowed to go down to the lower concourse whether or not they have season tickets. People should NOT be allowed to sit in the lower deck or loiter in the lower deck if they are not supposed to be down there. There are ushers blocking the entrance to the lower level, as well as standing near each section. Why not have them check the tickets to allow access to the seating area. Now this will pretty much kill all UD people from going down and getting autographs from the players, but this would be a perk for spending that extra $$ for those tickets.

Chip Z'nuff
02-20-2006, 03:27 PM
The problem with the Upper Deck only policy is this. Lower Deck has more options for food, stores, etc. People should be allowed to go down to the lower concourse whether or not they have season tickets. People should NOT be allowed to sit in the lower deck or loiter in the lower deck if they are not supposed to be down there. There are ushers blocking the entrance to the lower level, as well as standing near each section. Why not have them check the tickets to allow access to the seating area. Now this will pretty much kill all UD people from going down and getting autographs from the players, but this would be a perk for spending that extra $$ for those tickets.
This is easily answered. Since there are only half a dozen entrances to the ld, this would be the logical place for the ushers to check your ticket. They would much rather hire an additional 6 people vs an additional 30.

I can't believe people are upset over this. Watch the game and have a good time suzy!

Jerko
02-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I did read your post, and I saw the other guy's comment. I do appolgize for addressing you in my post. I should have taken more time to quote the other guy(which I can't find). But the way you say that you won't do that, makes it appear as thought you believe in the stereotype. I will edit my post. It just really ticks me off to see these stereotypes.

Guys, I'm the one who saw people going 'potty' wherever they could go. I NEVER said they were from the UD. My point was this; without the UD policy in place during a non-sellout game, that's the kind of thing that can and DID happen with a big crowd, I saw it. I think it will be even worse now that the games are going to be sold out (and probably with a LOT more people who are just "there" and don't care about the game), which is why I think the UD policy is in fact, a good one. I wasn't saying I was better than anybody. :o: :rolleyes: That's the problem, you can't talk about this without somebody screaming "classism", even though that was the last thing on my mind when I made my original post.

allkenz
02-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Comiskey II been around for over 15 yrs now? Why is it people still need to discover the OF concourse or have a problem with staying on the level they paid for?

steff
02-20-2006, 04:17 PM

Get serious, you act like this is some great system and how dare anyone sneak to the 100 level.

I pay for my seats in the 100 level. That's where I sit. If I paid for seats in the 500 level, that's where I would sit. It's common sense for those with less then half a brain... yet you seem to be having trouble with the logic.

Rationalize it however you choose. Thiefs are good at that.

NoNeckEra
02-20-2006, 04:26 PM
I pay for my seats in the 100 level. That's where I sit. If I paid for seats in the 500 level, that's where I would sit. It's common sense for those with less then half a brain... yet you seem to be having trouble with the logic.

Relax. It's going to be very challenging to beat the system this year.

This thread is getting much to personal.

But I like the opinionated posts. If this were a Twins or Cubs site, it would be all about peace and love.

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
But I like the opinionated posts. If this were a Twins or Cubs site, it would be all about peace and love.

:peace:

Far out, man!

rookieroy
02-20-2006, 04:32 PM
This is a very interesting thread.

Curious on something though. How are they going to handle Kids Days this year? I have always noticed the last two years that the ushers just let everyone through.(with kids) I have LD seats, but, the whole point of the promotion is to buy a regular ticket the day of and get the second for a kid for a dollar. I would imagine the only tickets that will be available on Kids Days are UD seats. They cant restrict the kids from the LD on Kids Days....will they? :o:

The Critic
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
This is a very interesting thread.

Curious on something though. How are they going to handle Kids Days this year? I have always noticed the last two years that the ushers just let everyone through.(with kids) I have LD seats, but, the whole point of the promotion is to buy a regular ticket the day of and get the second for a kid for a dollar. I would imagine the only tickets that will be available on Kids Days are UD seats. They cant restrict the kids from the LD on Kids Days....will they? :o:

I assume they will restrict the UD ticket holders even on Kids' Day, but UD people do have access to Fundamentals, so that's good.

steff
02-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I assume they will restrict the UD ticket holders even on Kids' Day, but UD people do have access to Fundamentals, so that's good.

Eh.. I hope they find a way to allow them down. Pre-game for the autographs and post for the run the bases. That will suck for the kids if they don't.

Ol' No. 2
02-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Eh.. I hope they find a way to allow them down. Pre-game for the autographs and post for the run the bases. That will suck for the kids if they don't.They have in the past, and I'm sure they will again. Otherwise, what's the point of having the kids' days? There aren't that many of them, two are in April and May when it's not that crowded.

BTW, what genius decided to have a kids' day on August 31, when all but CPS kids will be in school and their parents will be at work?:?:

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 05:08 PM
That will suck for the kids if they don't.

No doubt. Talk about a buzzkill watching other kids run the bases while your kid is trapped in the UD and crying in your lap. PR nightmare for the Sox.

The Critic
02-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, after the game might be a different story.
They'd probably make an exception for the post-game base run, since the game's over and coming down won't impact anyone's enjoyment of the game.
Pre-game, the UD kids might be out of luck.

spiffie
02-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Eh.. I hope they find a way to allow them down. Pre-game for the autographs and post for the run the bases. That will suck for the kids if they don't.
**** those little thieving bastards. They don't want to pay for LD seats they can watch their friends get auto's and run bases and cry in their cotton candy.

Realist
02-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Simple Solution: we get WSI membership cards that gives us free reign of the entire stadium.

We could call it the Rambouillet Agreement Appendix B Part II. :redneck

steff
02-20-2006, 06:36 PM
**** those little thieving bastards. They don't want to pay for LD seats they can watch their friends get auto's and run bases and cry in their cotton candy.

Well.. at the very least let them come down and leave their cheap parents up where all the riff raff belongs.. :rolleyes:

killavanilla
02-20-2006, 07:36 PM
This is such a silly thread!
The reason they want you to stay in your area isn't about class or money, its about crowd control!
The busier the games, the harder it is to control the flow of fans.
I came to the WS games and got REALLY irritated having to weave through the noodleheads that walked 10 steps, then STOPPED TO TALK.
When people cross into different areas, it creates blockage. Paying fans can't get to bathrooms, vendors, THEIR SEATS!
Grow up and try to think things through before you spout off about how evil JR is for trying to make your experience the best (for both you, you selfish noodlehead, and OTHER PEOPLE).
Every thread, there's some pinhead spouting off angrily about something that he couldn't 'figure out' by himself!
Jerry is okay. Ozzie is Ozzie, nothings changed. Frank was old and hasn't produced in years. If you buy UD, stay in UD!
MOST IMPORTANTLY - stop freaking out everytime anything happens that you don't agree with. The seats are green now.
Remember when you pinheads out there lambasted JR for bringing AJ and Pods in? I do. I read your stupid posts about how Carl Everett sucked.
You know what? Despite your ranting flames, the team did right.
So calm down and TRY to remember. It's baseball. Loving your sox is a good thing. Hating your sox too! Obsessing? Not so much.

Realist
02-20-2006, 07:45 PM
The reason they want you to stay in your area isn't about class or money, its about crowd control!
I came to the WS games and got REALLY irritated having to weave through the noodleheads that walked 10 steps, then STOPPED TO TALK.
When people cross into different areas, it creates blockage. Paying fans can't get to bathrooms, vendors, THEIR SEATS!
Grow up and try to think things through before you spout off about how evil JR is for trying to make your experience the best (for both you, you selfish noodlehead, and OTHER PEOPLE).
Every thread, there's some pinhead spouting off angrily about something that he couldn't 'figure out' by himself!
Jerry is okay. Ozzie is Ozzie, nothings changed. Frank was old and hasn't produced in years. If you buy UD, stay in UD!
MOST IMPORTANTLY - stop freaking out everytime anything happens that you don't agree with. The seats are green now.
Remember when you pinheads out there lambasted JR for bringing AJ and Pods in? I do. I read your stupid posts about how Carl Everett sucked.
So calm down and TRY to remember. It's baseball. Loving your sox is a good thing. Hating your sox too! Obsessing? Not so much.

Hi Uncle Jerry! :yoohoo:
Thanks so much for 2005. Let's do it again!

NoNeckEra
02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I read your stupid posts about how Carl Everett sucked.

Carl Everett DID suck!

CLR01
02-20-2006, 07:59 PM

You need to tone down your anger issues. This will be your only warning.

nasox
02-21-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't think any other baseball team has this policy? Can anybody verify that?

itsnotrequired
02-21-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't think any other baseball team has this policy? Can anybody verify that?

Several other teams have a policy like this. I can't remember them off the top of my head but I know the Sox are not alone in this situation.

Baby Fisk
02-21-2006, 09:15 AM
I don't think any other baseball team has this policy? Can anybody verify that?At Rogers Centre, fans with UD tix are permitted access to the LD before the game, but the ushers are very anal about checking tix if you try sitting in the LD. If you show them your UD ticket, they will politely point you to the elevators that take you back to the UD.

I went to a day game at Yankee Stadium in 2004. With an UD ticket, I was still able to access the Monument Park behind CF. From there I roamed freely throughout the LD during the game, like some kind of wildebeast (should have gone with gazelle here?)

Ol' No. 2
02-21-2006, 09:35 AM
At Rogers Centre, fans with UD tix are permitted access to the LD before the game, but the ushers are very anal about checking tix if you try sitting in the LD. If you show them your UD ticket, they will politely point you to the elevators that take you back to the UD.

I went to a day game at Yankee Stadium in 2004. With an UD ticket, I was still able to access the Monument Park behind CF. From there I roamed freely throughout the LD during the game, like some kind of wildebeast (should have gone with gazelle here?)Several other parks have the same policy. In fact, it's a non-binding MLB policy.

You also have to consider the park configuration. If they allowed everyone in the LD, the concourse would quickly become gridlocked, and that's not fair to the people who buy LD tickets. If you want to go to the LD, buy a LD ticket.

killavanilla
02-21-2006, 11:36 AM
You need to tone down your anger issues. This will be your only warning.

Sorry.
I just hate reading the same thing over and over again by sox "fans".
My anger issues stem from the frustrations of reading, over and over again, how wrong the sox are, how they keep fans from enjoying themselves, how they keep making huge mistakes, etc.
The point of my email was to help some of us remember that, in general, the Sox have come around. The policy on moving sections hasn't changed since they built the park.
I would like to see more people recognize the fact that without JR, Ozzie, and the entire staff (including park operations, guest services, etc) this WOULD be the cubs! JR brought Chicago a trophy! Can't we still enjoy it without making issue with every little thing that irritates people? People that don't want to sit in the 100 section (or don't want to pay for it) but want to take up space in the 100 section because Jerry owes them!
Nonsense.
I have been warned.

killavanilla
02-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Carl Everett DID suck!

his best season since 2000....
As a person, maybe, but I think he played his role and made pitchers think a little....
I'm glad he's gone, but even more glad he was here.
I heard he was a jerk off the field...

Iwritecode
02-21-2006, 12:34 PM
his best season since 2000....
As a person, maybe, but I think he played his role and made pitchers think a little....
I'm glad he's gone, but even more glad he was here.
I heard he was a jerk off the field...

He got a bad rep from the media IMHO.

I met him at Soxfest a couple of years ago. He was laughing and joking and having a good time. When I asked him for his autograph in the bar the girl he was with (girlfriend/wife?) threatened to beat him up if he didn't sign for me. She was half his size. :D:

Even in the private autograph session with Tim Raines they were having fun and laughing the whole time. Raines was eating a hot dog and Carl was munching on nachos. Carl even convinced a girl with pink hair that he couldn't sign anything for her.

"Yea, they told me don't sign anything for the girl with the pink hair."
(Looking obviously dejected) "Really?"
"No, I'm kidding." :D:

SouthSide_HitMen
02-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Sorry.The policy on moving sections hasn't changed since they built the park.

The policy of access to the Lower Level has changed (it was allowed until the on field incidents except for Opening Day and Cubs games) and people feel "entitled" to have Lower Level access because that is how it was several years ago.

I agree that UD ticketholders should stay in the UD the entire game and LD ticketholders should stay in the Lower Deck and both areas will be manageable. I'm just letting you know why this "debate" ends up here every few months. Best option is to pass over the thread in the future.

chi_guy
02-21-2006, 01:25 PM
I have a problem where I want to bring my son down to get autographs before the game and I'm not allowed because I don't have LD seats. That's when I feel like a second class citizen. But then again if they let people down in LD before the game how will they know they went to their UL seats. I guess I'm too honest. If I pay for 500 level seats I'm sitting in 500 level seats. It really irks me to see people who may or may not have paid for 100 level seats jump from seat to seat to get closer to the field. They didn't pay for those seats.

Jerko
02-21-2006, 01:33 PM
The policy of access to the Lower Level has changed (it was allowed until the on field incidents except for Opening Day and Cubs games) and people feel "entitled" to have Lower Level access because that is how it was several years ago.

I agree that UD ticketholders should stay in the UD the entire game and LD ticketholders should stay in the Lower Deck and both areas will be manageable. I'm just letting you know why this "debate" ends up here every few months. Best option is to pass over the thread in the future.

Don't forget, when the Cell first opened, if you didn't have a Lower deck OUTFIELD ticket, you were not even allowed in the outfield part of the concourse, even if you HAD lower deck tickets throughout the rest of the park. They had those pain in the ass, expandable, rolling blue fences to block off the outfield concourse back then and ushers there checking for outfield section ticket stubs. I PRAY it doesn't come to that again........

Hangar18
02-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Whats getting lost in all of this ......is that we have 4 Cub "Fans" to thank for this new policy. The 4 drunks came over from Wrigley earlier in the day, and proceeded to run on the field.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Whats getting lost in all of this ......is that we have 4 Cub "Fans" to thank for this new policy. The 4 drunks came over from Wrigley earlier in the day, and proceeded to run on the field.

Don't forget the tools who were not man enough to challenge an 83 year old Minnie Minoso in person at his usual hangout near Wrigley (Sluggers) so they instead attacked his statute during the last interleague game.

I really wish they would end this interleague nonsense.

Ol' No. 2
02-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Don't forget the tools who were not man enough to challenge an 83 year old Minnie Minoso in person at his usual hangout near Wrigley (Sluggers) so they instead attacked his statute during the last interleague game.

I really wish they would end this interleague nonsense.It's not the interleague games. There's never a problem when they play any other team. It's three games a year, and like you, I'm getting sick of it. Last year was the worst.

SoxSideIrish
02-22-2006, 02:41 AM
Carl Everett DID suck!"Grizzly Adams DID have a beard..."

Scottiehaswheels
02-22-2006, 02:54 AM
I really wish they would end this interleague nonsense.

I can't really speak about the Cubs/Sox series but overall I like interleague, as it gives me an excuse every year to visit the NL parks.... Otherwise I'd prolly never go to any of those stadiums...

starboy0
02-22-2006, 05:52 AM
Some interleague is good I guess but personally, I'd like to see the Cubs/Sox series cut down to just one instead of two.

NorthSideSox72
02-22-2006, 07:39 AM
It's not the interleague games. There's never a problem when they play any other team. It's three games a year, and like you, I'm getting sick of it. Last year was the worst.

Um, except for that most famous of incidents against Kansas City.

Interleague is great for baseball, and its great for Chicago baseball fans.

Sad
02-22-2006, 08:56 AM
It's not the interleague games. There's never a problem when they play any other team. It's three games a year, and like you, I'm getting sick of it. Last year was the worst.

yeah...
I haven't made up my mind as to whether I'm going or not this year (have tix for Sat & Sun games)...
I skipped the past couple years as it was too much.

I_Liked_Manuel
02-22-2006, 09:44 AM

this debate has nothing to do with sitting somewhere other than the seat one bought, but don't let that get in the way of your moral stand

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 11:20 AM
this debate has nothing to do with sitting somewhere other than the seat one bought, but don't let that get in the way of your moral standIt has everything to do with going into sections other than the section one bought, though.:rolleyes:

SouthSide_HitMen
02-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Um, except for that most famous of incidents against Kansas City.

Interleague is great for baseball, and its great for Chicago baseball fans.

I disagree.

1. It bastardizes the schedule - you are fighting teams in your division and for the wild card (another bastardization) and you play a different schedule. The Mets play the Yankees while the Marlins play Tampa Bay - hardly fair.

2. Chicago (and Milwaukee), New York, San Francisco / Oakland, Los Angeles / Anaheim of the Los Angeles. Philadelphia / Baltimore / Washington, do not need interleague play since all teams go through those two cities (or their close neighbors) which accounts for nearly half of the teams (and over 1/2 the attendance). With the huge numbers of games televised up and down the cable channels, it isn't like the past when you saw 2 games a week (Monday Night Baseball & Saturday Game of the Week) and your local team.

Most interleague matchups are meaningless (Nationals vs. Blue Jays, Rangers vs. Diamondbacks). These games have been played in the summer when attendance is highest regardless who the opponents are.

There should be only one interleague series each year played in late October.

spiffie
02-22-2006, 11:59 AM
I disagree.

1. It bastardizes the schedule - you are fighting teams in your division and for the wild card (another bastardization) and you play a different schedule. The Mets play the Yankees while the Marlins play Tampa Bay - hardly fair.

2. Chicago (and Milwaukee), New York, San Francisco / Oakland, Los Angeles / Anaheim of the Los Angeles. Philadelphia / Baltimore / Washington, do not need interleague play since all teams go through those two cities (or their close neighbors) which accounts for nearly half of the teams (and over 1/2 the attendance). With the huge numbers of games televised up and down the cable channels, it isn't like the past when you saw 2 games a week (Monday Night Baseball & Saturday Game of the Week) and your local team.

Most interleague matchups are meaningless (Nationals vs. Blue Jays, Rangers vs. Diamondbacks). These games have been played in the summer when attendance is highest regardless who the opponents are.

Most intraleague games are meaningless. Unless you're hanging out waiting for those exciting Royals/Devil Rays games this summer. The whole thing has been bastardized since they went to division format. Now if you're up for going back to every team in the AL playing an equal number of games against all the other AL teams, and the postseason round being the World Series, I can respect that despite disagreeing with it.

I would agree with rivalry series moving to 3 games a year if people feel truly moved that teams are getting screwed (though considering how teams move up and down the standings the only team that would seem to be destined to always be screwed is the Mets), but otherwise what do we as fans gain? The chance to see us play KC 22 times a year? Another few Mariners/Rangers games? As a fan of baseball, I'll gladly accept the slight and over the long run most likely evened out bumps in schedule strength for the chance to have a couple of unique matchups each year.

steff
02-22-2006, 12:25 PM
this debate has nothing to do with sitting somewhere other than the seat one bought, but don't let that get in the way of your moral stand

Thanks for your concern. That was awfully nice of you... :dtroll:

steff
02-22-2006, 12:26 PM
It has everything to do with going into sections other than the section one bought, though.:rolleyes:

#2.. don't you go pointing out what should be common sense now.. :tongue:

NorthSideSox72
02-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I disagree.

Well, not much point in arguing on this one. Its purely subjective. Your arguments against it are "bastardization" and the fact that the games are "Meaningless". These are not arguable points. I don't see bastardization, I see unique, fun matchups. And they are not meaningless - they mean as much as any other game against a non-division AL foe. IMHO, of course.

I_Liked_Manuel
02-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your concern. That was awfully nice of you... :dtroll:

i'm trying to be civil about this, but this whole debate is about letting people take a walk around the lower deck, take in BP, get a look at the trophy, visit the hall of fame, etc. It has nothing to do with people sitting in seats that they didn't pay for. i thought the lower deck was almost completely sold for the year, which would make sitting in a seat that's not yours virtually impossible. this debate has nothing to do with being a 'thief;' it's about taking in the atmosphere of the ballpark.

:dtroll: is more appropriately attached to your posts in this thread

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 01:14 PM
i'm trying to be civil about this, but this whole debate is about letting people take a walk around the lower deck, take in BP, get a look at the trophy, visit the hall of fame, etc. It has nothing to do with people sitting in seats that they didn't pay for. i thought the lower deck was almost completely sold for the year, which would make sitting in a seat that's not yours virtually impossible. this debate has nothing to do with being a 'thief;' it's about taking in the atmosphere of the ballpark.

:dtroll: is more appropriately attached to your posts in this threadGee, doesn't that sound nice? Just taking a stroll around the concourse...along with 5,000 other people with UD tickets. And the 29,000 who have LD tickets. The concourses would become impassible, which is pretty unfair to the people who actually bought tickets to the LD. But who cares about them? It's all about you, isn't it?

I_Liked_Manuel
02-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Gee, doesn't that sound nice? Just taking a stroll around the concourse...along with 5,000 other people with UD tickets. And the 29,000 who have LD tickets. The concourses would become impassible, which is pretty unfair to the people who actually bought tickets to the LD. But who cares about them? It's all about you, isn't it?

that's a pretty unfair assumption that it's all about me. i was simply summarizing the debate; i haven't seen one person here indicate that he/she wants access to the 100 level to get better seats, which is what steff was indicating. you're being overly dramatic about those from the UD getting access to the LD. i've been to sold-out games before and after the policy went into place that restricted UD ticket holders access to the LD. there is not a noticable difference in congestion of the LD

rdwj
02-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Gee, doesn't that sound nice? Just taking a stroll around the concourse...along with 5,000 other people with UD tickets. And the 29,000 who have LD tickets. The concourses would become impassible, which is pretty unfair to the people who actually bought tickets to the LD. But who cares about them? It's all about you, isn't it?

You're always gonna have people that cry about not getting all the perks they feel they're entitled to for some reason.

My favorite arguments are the sentimental ones involving kids and the father that has to, while his lip is quivering, tell his disappointed child that he can't <insert perk that's in question>

Those always make me laugh and remember something I asked my father as a child. He got us FIRST ROW tickets behind the visitors dugout and I wanted to know why we couldn't sit behind the Sox dugout.

Kids always want something more - that's just the way they are.

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2006, 02:05 PM
that's a pretty unfair assumption that it's all about me. i was simply summarizing the debate; i haven't seen one person here indicate that he/she wants access to the 100 level to get better seats, which is what steff was indicating. you're being overly dramatic about those from the UD getting access to the LD. i've been to sold-out games before and after the policy went into place that restricted UD ticket holders access to the LD. there is not a noticable difference in congestion of the LDI see your point. After all, when you go to a restaurant and pay for chicken, you should be able to get steak, right?

I pay for seats on the LD. The lines are long enough when the place is full. The last thing we need is an extra few thousand people milling around trying to sneak past the ushers. Oh, wait. You don't want to sit there...you just want to come down because the hot dogs taste better. GMAB

spiffie
02-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Not to argue the morality of it, but I wonder how many of those 29,000 on a regular day are going to be using the concourse. I can't envision more than 5% of the people who have seats between the bases choosing to go down there. I can't see too many more from other sections choosing to go stand behind the very last row of seats in the outfield, as it's not a very appealing place to watch the game. Nor can I see people who have good UD seats choosing to go down there. Or people with families for any length of time since having a kid stand for 3 hours or carrying the kid is a pain in the neck. Or most people who would rather sit at a baseball game.

None of this obviously changes the fact that the Sox have the right to set policy or that no one has a right to anything other than the right to watch the game from their seat. I just wonder how much more of a logistical headache it would really be. As someone who generally sits in the outfield sections, I find the concourse to be much emptier than the rest of the park most of the time, especially on weekdays.

NoNeckEra
02-22-2006, 02:28 PM
None of this obviously changes the fact that the Sox have the right to set policy or that no one has a right to anything other than the right to watch the game from their seat. I just wonder how much more of a logistical headache it would really be. As someone who generally sits in the outfield sections, I find the concourse to be much emptier than the rest of the park most of the time, especially on weekdays.

Sox mgmt is most sensitive to their best and most loyal ST holders, most of whom are in the lower deck and 300 levels(and obviously the suites).
These ST holders have communicated to mgmt that they don't want extra traffic in the LD concource, so what started as a security measure, is now pretty much guaranteed a permanent policy due to this feedback and the prospect of a sold out LD for almost every game.

Jerko
02-22-2006, 02:46 PM
People will never agree on this. UD people don't like it, LD people love it. I have outfield seats in the lower deck (158, right by the Sox bullpen), and YES, you can tell the difference in concourse congestion since the UD policy has been put into place; I don't know why people think otherwise. Now that the lower bowl is sold out for the most part, congestion can and will be even worse. You can't really use anything that happened in the past as a comparison anymore; this season WILL be different just from sheer crowd numbers. I know the original excuse for the UD policy was because of the morons that ran onto the field, but now, in 2006, after winning the world series, there's just not gonna be enough room anymore to let everybody do whatever they want!!!! Also, where does it end then? Like I said, I have seats in the LD, I don't get to "roam the skyboxes" or "bring my kid to the club level". I can't "stand around the diamond suites" with a group of friends that I meet at the game. Yes, it was nice being able to roam the Cell and have room and all that stuff, but now, since the Sox are a hot ticket, it's time for people to sit and stay where they belong IMO. For the record, I always agreed that ANY season ticket holder of ANY seat or ANY plan should have access to the lower level, but again, this year is different and there's just not any room for that anymore! Nobody is better than anybody and it's not a class thing, but every other stadium I've been to has rules too. If I have a 300 level seat at the United Center, I can't stand in the 100 level to watch the game.

CLR01
02-22-2006, 03:21 PM

:dtroll: is more appropriately attached to your posts in this thread

Go back and do a search for this topic. It started with people complaining that the tradition of the "Comiskey Upgrade" was being stripped from them and that it wasn't fair. Over the last 3 or so years every time this topic comes up another excuses is added but its roots are still the loss of the upgrade. Some people really do want to go down to the LD to get a taco, steak sandwich, visit the giftshop or the trophy while others really do want to go down there because they want to watch the game from the LD without paying for a ticket down there. There is no way for the Sox to tell the two apart so everyone has to follow it, unless you have full or 27 game tickets which may not last very long depending on congestion in the LD.

steff
02-22-2006, 04:09 PM
i haven't seen one person here indicate that he/she wants access to the 100 level to get better seats, which is what steff was indicating.

What steff was indicating is that she pays for 100 level seats because she wants the 100 level access. Ya know what ASSuming makes ya... :wink:

steff
02-22-2006, 04:09 PM

Again.. common sense. Stop that! :tongue:

ewokpelts
02-22-2006, 04:31 PM
People will never agree on this. UD people don't like it, LD people love it. I have outfield seats in the lower deck (158, right by the Sox bullpen), and YES, you can tell the difference in concourse congestion since the UD policy has been put into place; I don't know why people think otherwise. Now that the lower bowl is sold out for the most part, congestion can and will be even worse. You can't really use anything that happened in the past as a comparison anymore; this season WILL be different just from sheer crowd numbers. I know the original excuse for the UD policy was because of the morons that ran onto the field, but now, in 2006, after winning the world series, there's just not gonna be enough room anymore to let everybody do whatever they want!!!! Also, where does it end then? Like I said, I have seats in the LD, I don't get to "roam the skyboxes" or "bring my kid to the club level". I can't "stand around the diamond suites" with a group of friends that I meet at the game. Yes, it was nice being able to roam the Cell and have room and all that stuff, but now, since the Sox are a hot ticket, it's time for people to sit and stay where they belong IMO. For the record, I always agreed that ANY season ticket holder of ANY seat or ANY plan should have access to the lower level, but again, this year is different and there's just not any room for that anymore! Nobody is better than anybody and it's not a class thing, but every other stadium I've been to has rules too. If I have a 300 level seat at the United Center, I can't stand in the 100 level to watch the game.
The united Center is a bad anaology since It's concourse dosent face the arena floor. It's BEHIND the seating bowl. Just like 99% of wrigley's concourse(upper and lower).
Gene

ewokpelts
02-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Y'know, in all this upper/lower deck bickering, we tend to forget that there are plenty of stupid people that PAY MORE FOR LOWER DECK TICKETS, yet they STAND IN THE OUTFIELD CONCOURSE. Even on games where there are not SRO tickets sold. I've noticed this practically EVERY time i go to the cell post-dybas, EVEN DURING THE POSTSEASON! Why buy a lower deck ticket and NOT sit in your seat?
Gene

ewokpelts
02-22-2006, 04:41 PM
from my rep:

You’re cool for lower level access as long as you have the Season Ticket, the one with the pictures on them.

No worries….13 game plans do not have access to the lower level

IlliniSox4Life
02-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Y'know, in all this upper/lower deck bickering, we tend to forget that there are plenty of stupid people that PAY MORE FOR LOWER DECK TICKETS, yet they STAND IN THE OUTFIELD CONCOURSE. Even on games where there are not SRO tickets sold. I've noticed this practically EVERY time i go to the cell post-dybas, EVEN DURING THE POSTSEASON! Why buy a lower deck ticket and NOT sit in your seat?
Gene

Maybe because they like standing on the concourse? The concourse is one of the nicest things about the park. There's plenty of room back there, food and beverages close by, as well as bathrooms close by.

Plus, for those who were able to get lower deck tickets but not be able to get them by their friends, it is a place to meet and have a beer for a couple innings while watching the games.

Personally, I am not a fan of standing on the concourse for a large chunk of the game, but I can see that there would be reasons to do this.

Also, I'll be the first to admit, I have gotten 500 level tickets and gone down to 100 level to sit there when I was younger. I hadn't done it all the time, and it wasn't the rule that stopped me from doing so (it was more or less a bigger hassle to try to sneak into some empty seats, and I realized I hate when somebody is sitting in my seat and I have to ask them to move. Plus, I realized the upper deck seats are actually really nice).
However, now I actually would like lower deck access simply for things like batting practice, the hat store in left field, etc. However, one has to realize that if the access is there, people will try and take advantage of it and it will cause tons of problems. You have to realize that even if you wouldn't, a lot of others would. There is a large college/teen following to the White Sox, and those are typically the ones to do it.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Maybe we can bring Terry Bevington / Gene Lamont back, struggle to win 80 games and then everyone can wonder around the Lower Deck.

I just emailed Brooks to see what he thinks.

champagne030
02-22-2006, 08:56 PM
that's a pretty unfair assumption that it's all about me. i was simply summarizing the debate; i haven't seen one person here indicate that he/she wants access to the 100 level to get better seats, which is what steff was indicating. you're being overly dramatic about those from the UD getting access to the LD. i've been to sold-out games before and after the policy went into place that restricted UD ticket holders access to the LD. there is not a noticable difference in congestion of the LD

This is NOT a new policy. The Sox only enforced it on certain dates in the past. I had a 27 game weekend package in year 2 after Comiskey was torn down and you could not access the lower bowl for games that were expected to draw large crowds. I had the same package in 1993 and had to get tickets in the upper deck when Bo hit the homer to clinch the division and the lower deck was unavailable to people who had UD tickets (many friends had UD tickets for weekend games that season and the LD was unavailable to them too). Most people who post here, IMO, probably do go to their seats in the UD when the game starts, but there's a lot who do not. Those people ruin for you. I have yet to see a reason why I, as a LD season ticket holder, should have my experience lessened because someone wants to roam the LD. There's plenty of games available where the LD has plenty of seats.....they can go to one of those games if they want to 'experience' the LD.

TornLabrum
02-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Last year my Ozzie plan tickets were all in the lower deck. This year only three of them are, not because I went cheap but because I can't afford season tickets and upper deck was all that was available for those games. I'd love to be able to go to the lower deck for opening night and my day games because I'd love to see Nancy Faust, whom I'd visit just about every game in the past.

However, you know what? I've got upper deck tickets, so I realize I'm not permitted to go downstairs. Do I like it? Well, not exactly, but I certainly understand it, and I'm not going to bitch and moan and whine about it. It's a policy that was brought on by a bunch of idiots, some of whom had upper deck tickets (Dybas for sure). That's what happens when people can't control themselves. Some idiot spoils it for the rest of us. (Probably those who are griping now didn't get it when they were in school and stuff like that happened because of the idiots in their class.)

Besides, with the logistics of 35,000-plus fans in the seats most games this year, it would be a nightmare if there were unlimited access to the lower deck.

My advice: Learn to live with it. As parents and teachers like to tell kids when they gripe that, "It's not fair," "Life isn't fair."

Jerko
02-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Besides, with the logistics of 35,000-plus fans in the seats most games this year, it would be a nightmare if there were unlimited access to the lower deck.

Good point Torn. That is what everbody who is feeling "scorned" by this policy fails to realize. Things are different this year, and for every person who has UD seats and STAYS in the UD, there will be 100 others who don't. I just hope everyone obeys the UD policy for a while because if they don't, and it REALLY gets unbearable in the LD concourse for those first few games, I can see the Sox's next move being to ban ALL UD people from the lower deck, season ticket holders or not. :mad: I'd hate to see that happen but if people are going to be cavalier about this and sneak their UD buddies in with their LD stubs (or by any other means), it's probably going to be the UD ST holders to suffer for it. Hope people can just stay where they belong and it doesn't come to that, but we'll see..........

kittle42
02-22-2006, 11:14 PM
And somewhere, the world's smallest violin was heard playing...jeez, some of you are pretty unbelievable.

killavanilla
02-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Gene

So now we're going to tell people how and where to enjoy the baseball experience?
Again, I'm confused because people on one side here are upset that they are being told that they cannot go to the LD concourse when they buy tix in the UD. Now we're sending the message to people that PAID for the LD that they have to stay in their seats the whole time?
I'd rather people went there to make phone calls and socialize. I want to watch the game.
Again, for some going to a game is about more than just watching baseball.

ewokpelts
02-23-2006, 12:55 PM
So now we're going to tell people how and where to enjoy the baseball experience?
Again, I'm confused because people on one side here are upset that they are being told that they cannot go to the LD concourse when they buy tix in the UD. Now we're sending the message to people that PAID for the LD that they have to stay in their seats the whole time?
I'd rather people went there to make phone calls and socialize. I want to watch the game.
Again, for some going to a game is about more than just watching baseball.I have bleacher season tickets, so i get to see these sheep more often than you perhaps. They're just like the fools we make fun of at wrigley...talking away and not watching the game.
Meanwhile, the fan deck cant be used by fans from upstairs, even though it was designed for use by ANYONE in the park.
Gene

OzzyTrain
04-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Any find out about the Ozzy plan ?

I got this back in an email so I would think it would be the same since Ozzy plan tickets are like this, I think.

All you have to do is show them your season ticket. It has to be your
actually season ticket that you received from us on the picture stock.
It cannot be a re-printed or forwarded ticket. Only season tickets are
printed on the picture stock and not ticketmaster stock, therefore the
usher will know you are season ticket holder and you will have access to
the 100 level.
Only the 100, not the 300 level or any suite level, just the lower 100
level.