PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Plan / Playoff Tickets?

bobbythigpen
02-17-2006, 09:57 PM
I bought my Ozzie Plan the day they went on sale in December, and at that point Ozzie Plans still got you could get limited (first round, I think) playoff tickets. Now today I get a letter from the Sox saying that I have no shot at playoff tickets. Anyone else on the Ozzie Plan see anything like this?

Scottiehaswheels
02-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Well that sucks... I was hoping to be able to give playoffs tix to some friends of mine based on that plan... Now at best I'll only have 2 each for every playoff game... nice....

Beer Can Chicken
02-18-2006, 11:16 AM
I bought my Ozzie Plan the day they went on sale in December, and at that point Ozzie Plans still got you could get limited (first round, I think) playoff tickets. Now today I get a letter from the Sox saying that I have no shot at playoff tickets. Anyone else on the Ozzie Plan see anything like this?
I'd raise a stink if I were you. You bought the Ozzie Plan contingent on getting guaranteed at least on game of 1st round playoff tickets. In fact, it's probably a MAJOR reason why you bought the plan. I'd give your ticket rep an earful...

NoNeckEra
02-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I'd raise a stink if I were you. You bought the Ozzie Plan contingent on getting guaranteed at least on game of 1st round playoff tickets. In fact, it's probably a MAJOR reason why you bought the plan. I'd give your ticket rep an earful...
If true, this is a major problem we've not heard the last of.:angry:

34 Inch Stick
02-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I bought them past the date of being assured playoff tickets. The Sox sent me a letter the other day just to confirm that I understood I was not assured tickets. It also stated I could cancel without penalty if I bought under an incorrect assumption.

When I bought my rep said I would be put on a list for an opportunity should the possiblity become reality.

BeefyD
02-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Maybe it is a misunderstanding...
Do you think they mean anything outside the ALDS??? I mean, we SHOULD get the ALDS, but not the ALCS or WS.
Maybe alot of people bought the Ozzie plan under the assumption that they would get all rounds.

Hopeful thinking, I guess...

BTW, has everyone but me received their tickets already?!?!!

Crede_Fan
02-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Yep! Got them yesterday!

Has anyone else that ordered the Ozzie plan right away recieved this letter?

chisoxmike
02-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Do you think they mean anything outside the ALDS??? I mean, we SHOULD get the ALDS, but not the ALCS or WS.
Maybe alot of people bought the Ozzie plan under the assumption that they would get all rounds.

Hopeful thinking, I guess...

I'm not a Ozzie Plan holder but I do think Ozzie Plan holders should get ALDS tickets. But I guess with the increase in ST holders, they simply dont have enough to go around.

itsnotrequired
02-18-2006, 04:51 PM
The old text at whitesox.com indicated that Ozzie holders would get a minimum of one ALDS game. Nothing else is guaranteed. With the huge increase in split and full season ticket holders, one ALDS game is the absolute best that an Ozzie holder could hope for.

IIRC, Ozzie tickets had only been on sale for a week when they announced that ticket plans purchased after that time would not include any playoff tickets. It sounds like if you grabbed yours right away, you still have a shot. Of course, these conditions may have changed before the plans even went on sale and they didn't update the website in a timely fashion. A ticket rep would be able to tell you what the real deal is.

tebman
02-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Yep! Got them yesterday!

Has anyone else that ordered the Ozzie plan right away recieved this letter?
I just got my Ozzie plan tickets today. I haven't gotten the bad-news letter, but I wouldn't expect to since I ordered my tickets the evening before it was publically announced that they'd be on sale. Someone with a sharp eye right here at WSI posted that the on-line Ozzie Plan tickets were available on that evening in December, and I jumped on it.

So we'll see -- if I do get that letter, I'll call the ticket office too.

ewokpelts
02-19-2006, 10:50 AM
CONTACT THEM ASAP! The Sox PROMISED 1 ALDS game. I'd demand my money back if I were you.
Gene

jabrch
02-19-2006, 12:54 PM
I can't imagine they'd change the rules at this point in time for people who have already paid. I'm guessing there is a misunderstanding.

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 01:21 PM
I can't imagine they'd change the rules at this point in time for people who have already paid. I'm guessing there is a misunderstanding.

It all depends on when the plan was bought. If you bought ANY plan after January 9th, there are absolutely NO playoff tickets guaranteed.

jabrch
02-19-2006, 01:45 PM
It all depends on when the plan was bought. If you bought ANY plan after January 9th, there are absolutely NO playoff tickets guaranteed.

Right, but that was clearly stated at that time. Nobody SHOULD believe they are entitled to playoff tickets at this point unless they are. I think someone miscommunicated or misunderstood a communication. I highly doubt the Sox revoked playoff ticket rights to partial plan holders from before 1/9 or whatever date.

bobbythigpen
02-20-2006, 11:14 AM
So I heard back from my ticket rep today. Turns out there was a mistake in the date the computer had me buying the Ozzie Plan because I made a late switch in games. Anyone who bought in early is still eligible for ALDS tickets.

komando
02-20-2006, 12:45 PM
has anyone else not recieved there ozzie plan yet, now i'm getting nervous. and do they come in an unmarked envelope or what?

bobbythigpen
02-20-2006, 03:45 PM
mine came friday in a manilla envelope i would have thrown away as junk mail if my girlfriend didnt catch it first. no sox logo or anything on the outside to distinguish it as tickets.

TornLabrum
02-20-2006, 03:50 PM
mine came friday in a manilla envelope i would have thrown away as junk mail if my girlfriend didnt catch it first. no sox logo or anything on the outside to distinguish it as tickets.

Well, there was a return address of
333 W. 35th St.
Chicago, IL 60616

and the address was printed on a section of a ticket that said, going across the top: "Box/Sec....Row....Seat....Price."

Kind of hard to miss. I saw it and knew it was my tickets immediately.

Sad
02-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, there was a return address of
333 W. 35th St.
Chicago, IL 60616

and the address was printed on a section of a ticket that said, going across the top: "Box/Sec....Row....Seat....Price."

Kind of hard to miss. I saw it and knew it was my tickets immediately.
yeah-
I think those TM manila envelopes have been the same for years now...