PDA

View Full Version : Is my friend lying/stupid?

NardiWasHere
02-17-2006, 09:39 PM
My buddy called me up today and said that he heard on Boers & Bernstein that Anderson's wrist will prevent him from starting in center...

I've come to the conclusion that at least one of four things are in play here:
1. He's lying to me.
2. He's an idiot cubfan, therefore, misunderstood the report.
3. B&B had an untrue report
4. I'm a moron living under a rock. This is common knowledge not only to B&B listeners or WSI members, but the entire western world.

Steer me in the right direction, guys...

Deebs14
02-17-2006, 09:47 PM
I haven't heard or seen anything thus far that would prove his comments to be true. So I'm just going to assume this guy is just jerking you around a little bit.

So to answer your question..stupid. :cool:

Iwritecode
02-17-2006, 09:54 PM
My buddy called me up today and said that he heard on Boers & Bernstein that Anderson's wrist will prevent him from starting in center...

I've come to the conclusion that at least one of four things are in play here:
1. He's lying to me.
2. He's an idiot cubfan, therefore, misunderstood the report.
3. B&B had an untrue report
4. I'm a moron living under a rock. This is common knowledge not only to B&B listeners or WSI members, but the entire western world.

Steer me in the right direction, guys...

I've heard talk that it might prevent him from starting. I keep hearing Mackowiak would be the starter but that doesn't sound right either.

Deebs14
02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
What happened to his wrist?

Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Iwritecode
02-17-2006, 09:57 PM

IIRC, he had a plate in it last season and just had surgery to remove it.

Deebs14
02-17-2006, 10:00 PM
IIRC, he had a plate in it last season and just had surgery to remove it.

I gotcha. Thanks for the heads up!

CWSpalehoseCWS
02-17-2006, 10:44 PM
I read somewhere that if his wrist gives him problems than he could platoon with Mackowiak.

maurice
02-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Media tool Joe Cowley pulled it out of his ass. This (and everything else he writes) should be ignored (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66579&highlight=cowley).

Anderson said that his wrist feels fine, but he's still breaking up scar tissue from the surgery. Note that the surgery was to remove a metal plate, which is a good thing.

bigsqwert
02-17-2006, 10:52 PM

He broke up with his girlfriend.

:D:

NardiWasHere
02-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Media tool Joe Cowley pulled it out of his ass. This (and everything else he writes) should be ignored (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66579&highlight=cowley).

Anderson said that his wrist feels fine, but he's still breaking up scar tissue from the surgery. Note that the surgery was to remove a metal plate, which is a good thing.

Ah, thanks.... didn't see that thread when I was looking for it.

Deebs14
02-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Media tool Joe Crowley pulled it out of his ass. This (and everything else he writes) should be ignored.

Thanks for the clarification man. I was starting to get a little worried there for a second.

I had a feeling it was bull**** at first, but since I have a tendency of being out of the loop I wasn't quite sure.

SOXPHILE
02-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Don't worry. TB's "peeps" are on the story. They have all the inside info that none of us are fortunate enough to have privilege to. You have to consider the source. Those guys can be funny, but they have been flat out wrong so many times with their insightful predictions, and "special inside info" from their "peeps" and "guys", that I rarely take them seriously anymore on stuff like this. As is usually the case with sports talk radio, they do it to stir up the pot, and generate controversy and calls.

BringBackBlkJack
02-17-2006, 11:57 PM
He broke up with his girlfriend.

:D:

:rolleyes: clever... haha

peeonwrigley
02-18-2006, 01:36 AM
Don't worry. TB's "peeps" are on the story. They have all the inside info that none of us are fortunate enough to have privilege to. You have to consider the source. Those guys can be funny, but they have been flat out wrong so many times with their insightful predictions, and "special inside info" from their "peeps" and "guys", that I rarely take them seriously anymore on stuff like this. As is usually the case with sports talk radio, they do it to stir up the pot, and generate controversy and calls.

Yes, yes and yes.

Entertaining show, zero news value. And their baiting is more blatant than the trolls that come on this board sometimes, and callers always fall for it.

kevin57
02-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Personally, I don't find B&B's humor to be entertaining; it's juvenile.

Beer Can Chicken
02-18-2006, 01:32 PM

He isn't "master of his domain".