PDA

View Full Version : *Sigh*. William Ligue, Jr. back in the news.

cheeses_h_rice
02-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Just saw this on the Channel 7 news...the scourge of White Sox fans everywhere has been jailed yet again for burglarizing a vehicle and violating his parole.

At least this gave Channel 7 a chance to re-play the Tom Gamboa beating again....And I'm sure Chicagosports.com won't even think about putting this story in its "White Sox" coverage section.

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Unreal. I can't believe that

a) This bozo is stupid enough to keep getting caught

b) The media considers this news.

Check that, neither of these events surprise me.

kevin57
02-17-2006, 07:54 PM
When is this loser going to be thrown in jail and have the key thrown away? :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
02-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Just saw this on the Channel 7 news...

Ligue and Giangreco... they go together like peanut butter and jelly...

:giangreco
"And look at all those empty blue seats!"

C-Dawg
02-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Ugh. I was in a restaurant and they had a TV on with the sound off; I was wondering why they were showing the whole tape of the Ligue thing. Nice way to contrast that with the beginning of Spring Training!

cheeses_h_rice
02-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Ligue and Giangreco... they go together like peanut butter and jelly...

"And look at all those empty blue seats!"

Actually, Giangreco was in Tucson, and it was Allen Krashevsky who read the story. That was the only surprise about the matter.

Seriously, though, when will what this idiot does stop being considered actual "news" in this city? Never?

ATXBMX
02-17-2006, 08:24 PM
http://www.cinematical.com/images/2005/08/blues-brothers.jpg

"I hate Illinois Nazis..."

PaleHoseGeorge
02-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Seriously, though, when will what this idiot does stop being considered actual "news" in this city? Never?

Probably never. Richard Speck had been in jail for years and still wound up on the local TV news for that sex video he made with the other inmates. Perhaps Ligue will "star" in one of these, too.

:o:

"Who says we have no journalistic standards!"

JohnBasedowYoda
02-17-2006, 08:28 PM
C'mon guys you know me. This man does not speak for all Alsipians!:redneck

maurice
02-17-2006, 08:34 PM
More Ligue stories? :rolleyes:

Somebody wake me up when they decide to provide any followup coverage to the Wrigley murder case. Last time I checked, you go to court and then (usually) to jail when you shoot and kill somebody. Murder trials, convictions, and sentences usually are considered to be far more newsworthy than burglarizing a vehicle. Then again, murder coverage can't be used to smear the Sox, so it must be less newsworthy.

TheOldRoman
02-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Nice timing, Billy.:angry:

Does anyone else think that he is on the Tribune payroll?

:knue
"Yeah, um Bill... hi. I ummmm, I'm gonna need you to get into trouble again. Yeaahhh. Don't worry, we will pay for your bail. The White Sox are champions, and there will be a positive buzz about them going into spring training. We can't have that. I figured we hadn't run a 'Hey, remember Ligue?' commemerative issue in several months, so we were overdo. And what better way to get your video shown on every newscast than to break into a car? They just love running those 'updates'."

Brian26
02-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Just saw this on the Channel 7 news...the scourge of White Sox fans everywhere has been jailed yet again for burglarizing a vehicle and violating his parole.

Ligue being Ligue.

Mickster
02-17-2006, 09:38 PM

Somebody wake me up when they decide to provide any followup coverage to the Wrigley murder case. Last time I checked, you go to court and then (usaully) to jail when you shoot and kill somebody. Murder trials, convictions, and sentences usually are considered to be far more newsworthy than burglarizing a vehicle. Then again, murder coverage can't be used to smear the Sox.

Maurice, I am just reporting the news!

maurice
02-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Strangely, I've seen it on the Cub-Times web site, but not the Cubune.

We'll see how the papers handle it tomorrow.

kjkobs
02-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Ah yes Alsip's finest back in the news.

I'm glad I left that town...

SOXPHILE
02-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Oh for the love of all that's holy.....well, I'm sure we'll be treated to a page 2 story tomorrow in the Cubune, complete with a little timeline detailing all the times he's been arrested.

LuvSox
02-17-2006, 11:30 PM
White Sox Mascot Caught Breaking Into Auto To Support Drug habit

Inside: Sammy Sosa May Retire.

tebman
02-17-2006, 11:49 PM
The people in the news (i.e., advertising) business always look for a narrative, a story line they can come back to. Things like, "Oprah is very wealthy," or "When it snows, the traffic gets clogged."

Ligue has become a tidy symbol for their narrative about White Sox fans, which is along these lines: "White Sox fans are raucous and edgy, and might blow up at any time." Ligue is ideal -- they've got a great video image of him in his drunken glory attacking a coach. His acres of tatoos, his petty criminal record and his south-of-Madison-Street address all make him the perfect caricature of a Sox fan.

Remember that the papers and the TV stations are in the advertising business, not the news business. The ad agencies and the producers are aiming for the north-suburban demographic where more money is spent. They go for that audience by jumping into the well-worn track of their trashy-Sox-fan narrative.

We'll continue to deal with it. The best thing for us to do is keep our sense of humor and our World Championship trophy.

CanBuehrleWait
02-18-2006, 12:07 AM
C'mon guys you know me. This man does not speak for all Alsipians!:redneck

As a native Blue Islander I feel Ligue presents are perfect cross-section of the Alsipian lifestyle. Just kidding between fellow neighboring burbs but yea this Ligue guy has gotta go.:angry:

Hitmen77
02-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Strangely, I've seen it on the Cub-Times web site, but not the Cubune.

We'll see how the papers handle it tomorrow.

They're probably pulling an all-nighter at the Tribune Tower to prepare a special pullout section on Ligue for tomorrow's paper.

...maybe that shouldn't be teal?:dunno:

santo=dorf
02-18-2006, 01:17 AM

Somebody wake me up when they decide to provide any followup coverage to the Wrigley murder case. Last time I checked, you go to court and then (usually) to jail when you shoot and kill somebody. Murder trials, convictions, and sentences usually are considered to be far more newsworthy than burglarizing a vehicle. Then again, murder coverage can't be used to smear the Sox, so it must be less newsworthy.

"well we were going to stop the presses with Ligue, but we didn't want to bury the Belle story, Jenks crashing his car, or Freddy getting his car stolen, probably by a fellow Sox fan. Check the special pull out section on Monday."

RadioheadRocks
02-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Ahhh yes... the http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser-thumb.jpg (http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg) of all http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser-thumb.jpg (http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg)s!!!

kevin57
02-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Remember that the papers and the TV stations are in the advertising business, not the news business. The ad agencies and the producers are aiming for the north-suburban demographic where more money is spent. They go for that audience by jumping into the well-worn track of their trashy-Sox-fan narrative.

We'll continue to deal with it. The best thing for us to do is keep our sense of humor and our World Championship trophy.

:thumbsup: Correcto-mundo.

dickallen15
02-19-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey, the Cubune finally picked up on it. One of the headlines in its on-line edition is "Man who attacked coach during White Sox game jailed". The article of course has the date of the incident. He was arrested for breaking into a car in 2004 and the judge recently ruled he violated his probation. Apparently violating your probation is something very rare as the Cubune rarely reports them, and displayed this one prominently on its website. Still looking for updates on the guys who beat up the cop at the Addison el stop. Haven't had any updates on the murder at Clark and Addison. Don't even know the name of the guy or what he's been up to lately who attacked Randy Myers, and the reunion of the morons who got into a brawl with the Dodgers several years ago is apparently under the radar.

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey, the Cubune finally picked up on it. One of the headlines in its on-line edition is "Man who attacked coach during White Sox game jailed". The article of course has the date of the incident. He was arrested for breaking into a car in 2004 and the judge recently ruled he violated his probation. Apparently violating your probation is something very rare as the Cubune rarely reports them, and displayed this one prominently on its website. Still looking for updates on the guys who beat up the cop at the Addison el stop. Haven't had any updates on the murder at Clark and Addison. Don't even know the name of the guy or what he's been up to lately who attacked Randy Myers, and the reunion of the morons who got into a brawl with the Dodgers several years ago is apparently under the radar.

My favorite is how the Tribune site has an article saying how he is currently in jail and another article saying he might go to prison. Of course, they are the two top White Sox stories. This obviously requires two separate articles. To George Kune's credit, it is not mentioned at chicagosports.com, as if it even should be.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0602190412feb19,1,5229069.story?coll=chi-sportswhitesox-hed

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0602190364feb19,1,7784979.story?coll=chi-sportswhitesox-hed

Hoffdaddydmb
02-19-2006, 02:49 PM
How is this idiot not IN jail already?

JohnBasedowYoda
02-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Ah yes Alsip's finest back in the news.

I'm glad I left that town...

And stay out ya bumb!:smile:

soxinem1
02-19-2006, 08:59 PM
You know, if I remember right, this loser and his kid got soused at wrigley all day, came to The Cell afterwards, then attacked Gamboa. Shouldn't cub vendors be held responsible too?

Plus, as other posters have noted, I hear nothing about the guy who was KILLED outside of the 'most beautiful place on earth'.

The fact they ganged up on a former cub coach seems to be the underlying reason these Ligue scum keep getting tied to White Sox baseball.

I think we should bombard the cubune with 'report on the muder at wrigley' emails!

santo=dorf
02-19-2006, 09:19 PM
You know, if I remember right, this loser and his kid got soused at wrigley all day, came to The Cell afterwards, then attacked Gamboa. Shouldn't cub vendors be held responsible too?

Plus, as other posters have noted, I hear nothing about the guy who was KILLED outside of the 'most beautiful place on earth'.

The fact they ganged up on a former cub coach seems to be the underlying reason these Ligue scum keep getting tied to White Sox baseball.

I think we should bombard the cubune with 'report on the muder at wrigley' emails!
No, the guy who went after the ump's leg was the a Cub fan from Bolingbrook.

Ligue was a piece of white trash that was a fan of NASCAR, not baseball.

soxinem1
02-19-2006, 10:46 PM
No, the guy who went after the ump's leg was the a Cub fan from Bolingbrook.

Ligue was a piece of white trash that was a fan of NASCAR, not baseball.

Thanks for the correction. I still say we should clog their server with 'murder at 1060' emails!!

Gammons Peter
02-20-2006, 11:18 AM
The parole violation happened in 2004, This was two years ago, I remember the story, why is it in the news again?????????

"William Ligue Jr. had been given probation in the attack on Kansas City Royals coach Tom Gamboa. But on Friday Criminal Court Judge Joseph Clapps determined he violated that probation in 2004 when he allegedly stole a CD player from a car outside a Harvey pizzeria."

Hangar18
02-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey, the Cubune finally picked up on it. .................... Still looking for updates on the guys who beat up the cop at the Addison el stop. Haven't had any updates on the murder at Clark and Addison. Don't even know the name of the guy or what he's been up to lately who attacked Randy Myers, and the reunion of the morons who got into a brawl with the Dodgers several years ago is apparently under the radar.

* Cub fans brawl with cops on L platform
* Cub fan murdered after cub game in front of stadium
* Cub fan that ran onto field and attacked then-cub Randy Myers
* Cub fans that caused major brawl with Dodger players in bullpen
* Cub fans that caused major disturbance with cops following 03 elimination
by Marlins

Maybe we need to write the Cubune and ask for updates on the characters in those events, as its all newsworthy and inquring minds want to know.
None of these incidents gets reported on a regular basis.
Also, remember the 4 clowns that ran on the field during the KC game?
All FOUR of them were cub fans, and all had attended the cub game that afternoon, and that has quietly been shelved too.

TommyJohn
02-20-2006, 01:12 PM
I have written this on here before but bears repeating: The Tribune reports
on Ligue every time he blows his nose; yet on the very day that John
Murray charged out to the mound and get decked by Randy Myers, WGN
cameras did not even show what was going on, though they couldn't stop
Harry Caray from reporting it. They also didn't show at least one instance
of fans trashing the field with garbage. I'm not a conspiracist, but I can
say that it gives off the appearance of one arm of the company covering
up for the other, while another arm of the same company grabs any chance
to trash the competition.

Hangar18
02-20-2006, 01:32 PM

Ive been noticing this for years .......... You dont have to be a Conspiracist, Dark Cloud, or a Fluffy Cloud to see what theyve been pulling. We need to write the Cubune and ask for John Murray Updates ..............

soxinem1
02-20-2006, 02:22 PM

maybe it's because....... the cubune has.....

A SOX-SESSION!:rolleyes:

The Chicago Tribune - 'In a Ligue of their own'

Fenway
02-20-2006, 02:30 PM

This is the same media that had an all points bulletin for Woo-Woo last year

TommyJohn
02-20-2006, 02:59 PM

Hey, I like that one.

MarySwiss
02-20-2006, 05:26 PM

Hey, I like that one.

Yes, that is indeed excellent! Maybe they would consider making it their new motto. (Do they even have a motto?)

tebman
02-20-2006, 09:57 PM

Yes, that is indeed excellent! Maybe they would consider making it their new motto. (Do they even have a motto?)

Sure they do -- just ask their radio station. They're part of the World's Greatest Newspaper.

A bit much in the self-adoration, Tribsters?

santo=dorf
02-20-2006, 10:33 PM
My favorite is how the Tribune site has an article saying how he is currently in jail and another article saying he might go to prison. Of course, they are the two top White Sox stories. This obviously requires two separate articles. To George Kune's credit, it is not mentioned at chicagosports.com, as if it even should be.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0602190412feb19,1,5229069.story?coll=chi-sportswhitesox-hed

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0602190364feb19,1,7784979.story?coll=chi-sportswhitesox-hed
Baseball players drive cars.
Baseball fans drive cars to the ballpark.
Therefore it only makes sense to post a car vandalism story in the ****ing sports section!

Wsoxmike59
02-21-2006, 07:03 AM
* Cub fans brawl with cops on L platform
* Cub fan murdered after cub game in front of stadium
* Cub fan that ran onto field and attacked then-cub Randy Myers
* Cub fans that caused major brawl with Dodger players in bullpen
* Cub fans that caused major disturbance with cops following 03 elimination
by Marlins

Maybe we need to write the Cubune and ask for updates on the characters in those events, as its all newsworthy and inquring minds want to know.
None of these incidents gets reported on a regular basis.
Also, remember the 4 clowns that ran on the field during the KC game?
All FOUR of them were cub fans, and all had attended the cub game that afternoon, and that has quietly been shelved too.

http://www.webpasties.com/buzz/clapping.gif

miker
02-21-2006, 11:20 AM
At least this gave Channel 7 a chance to re-play the Tom Gamboa beating again....And I'm sure Chicagosports.com won't even think about putting this story in its "White Sox" coverage section.
In some countries, there would be a mob outside of Channel 7 smashing the windows and yelling "Death to Giangreco"...

Jerko
02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
I did some research.

Rodrigo Caballero, 6 years in jail for Cubby Bear/Shrine murder. Second degree murder.

Now to the Dodger morons:

Ronald Camacho, arrested 15 times since the Dodger fiasco
John Camacho, arrested 10 times since then
James Maness, arrested 10 times since then.

Ligue has been arrested 3 or 4 times.

So, Cubs 35-Sox 4, not counting the Dybasses or the Randy Myers moron.
Any of those 35 arrests make the papers?

soxinem1
02-21-2006, 02:46 PM
I did some research.

Rodrigo Caballero, 6 years in jail for Cubby Bear/Shrine murder. Second degree murder.

Wow, I almost want to give Ligue credit for 'staying out of trouble' as often as he has. Great post!!!

The truth sure hurts some people, doesn't it???

jdm2662
02-21-2006, 03:08 PM
I did some research.

Interesting, you should send those sources to the media members and see what reaction you get...

As for the white piece of trash Ligue, hopefully someone pounds his ass in prison. He deserves it.

daveeym
02-21-2006, 03:19 PM
I did some research.

Any of those 35 arrests make the papers?Nice work. Where'd you find the Cabellero info? I wasn't able to find anything other than reports right after it happened. That's really ridiculous that no media ever updated that yet Ligue's every move is documented. Is it a Cubs/Sox issue or White/Latino issue with the media? Or do we get Knue falling back to on field vs. off field or because there was television footage of Ligue?

McCuddy
02-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Or do we get Knue falling back to on field vs. off field or because there was television footage of Ligue?

I thought the hat-stealing idiots were documented on video as well - granted, not as clearly as Ligue, but there should be some b-roll that they could use to include the story.

TommyJohn
02-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I did some research.

Where did you find all this info?