PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Times Sports Collectible Convention

BainesHOF
02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
They're having more than 60 autograph guests, but not one, NOT ONE, ex-White Sox player. For some reason, the roster includes a Dallas Cowboy reunion. It also features guests from all other Chicago teams.

This memorabilia show has for years featured a low number of Sox players. I don't get it. I know the fall show had a number of players, even though half of them were poorly announced or no-shows. But the show has quickly reverted back to its usual self with regard to representing the Sox.

You'd think this was actually a Tribune show. A big booooooo goes out to show promoter George Johnson.

Jaffar
02-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I was excited when I saw they had a date posted and couldn't wait and then got very dissapointed when I saw the list.

ewokpelts
02-17-2006, 04:39 PM
They're having more than 60 autograph guests, but not one, NOT ONE, ex-White Sox player. For some reason, the roster includes a Dallas Cowboy reunion. It also features guests from all other Chicago teams.

This memorabilia show has for years featured a low number of Sox players. I don't get it. I know the fall show had a number of players, even though half of them were poorly announced or no-shows. But the show has quickly reverted back to its usual self with regard to representing the Sox.

You'd think this was actually a Tribune show. A big booooooo goes out to show promoter George Johnson.

It just means they dont want to make easy money(promoters as well as talent)
Gene

Rocky Soprano
02-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Link to the list?

BainesHOF
02-17-2006, 05:29 PM
http://www.sportsnewsshows.com/pages/3/index.htm

Dick Allen
02-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Geez, check out the price for an Emmitt Smith autograph.:?:
By the way, the immortal Bill Heath ('69 Cubs) started out with the Sox, if i'm not mistaken.