PDA

View Full Version : Brewers to offer reduced marquee game prices to WI residents

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
I love it, absolutely love it.

The Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday unveiled a new ticket package, called "4-Packs," for the upcoming season. The packs include tickets to so-called marquee games against teams like the St. Louis Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs, but not at marquee prices.

This is an opportunity for fans to secure their tickets to great games in prime locations before individual tickets go on sale," said Rick Schlesinger, executive vice president for business operations. "By dropping the marquee pricing for the Cubs and Cardinals games, we are offering another incentive to Wisconsin residents to pack the park with Brewers fans on those days."

In recent years, especially at Cubs games at Miller Park, Brewers fans were often outnumbered.

Hopefully this will put an end to "Wrigley Field North". I wonder what the Tribune will have to say about this one...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=402203

Mickster
02-17-2006, 01:26 PM
All this will do is prompt WI residents to buy discounted marquee games and sell them on ebay to the sheepy NS fans at even greater profits.

Terry21fg
02-17-2006, 01:55 PM
I've been living in Milwaukee for the past 7 years, and there is no way any brewer fan will be selling tickets to cub fans. Second behind sox fans, brewer fans hate the cubs and especially their idiot fans.

DuckSnort
02-17-2006, 03:48 PM
That's the truth, Brewers fans hate the cubs almost as much as we do, which is why I don't mind claiming the Brewers as my National League Affiliate :cool:

Brewski
02-18-2006, 10:27 PM
A big Yes to all of the above, but if they won't sell to "just below the state line" people like me, I'm suing.

Palehose13
02-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Well this makes up for the Bears selling playoff tickets to Illinois residents only...

But seriously, I like the idea. I don't know if will change the "Wrigley North" atmosphere, but it is a start.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Good for Wisconsin! They ought to pre-sell every ticket for $1 each to anyone who has been a Brewers season ticketholder the last five years and give the rest away to the Milwaukee public schools. Everyone else pays triple the regular ticket amount.

Cubs fans are idiots. They deserve to be fleeced of their money at every opportunity. Why should the Cubune be given the monopoly for preying on these dopes?

downstairs
02-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Good for Wisconsin! They ought to pre-sell every ticket for $1 each to anyone who has been a Brewers season ticketholder the last five years and give the rest away to the Milwaukee public schools. Everyone else pays triple the regular ticket amount.

Cubs fans are idiots. They deserve to be fleeced of their money at every opportunity. Why should the Cubune be given the monopoly for preying on these dopes?

Agreed! And I've never understood why other parks don't do the same thing... St. Louis and the like... give a discount to people who live in X zip codes... up the price for people who live in Y zip code...

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Has anyone looked into buying these? After poking around the Brewers website, I can't find any statements which say you MUST be a WI resident to get the deal. All it says is that they are marketing heavily towards Wisconsin residents.

Perhaps the billing address for the credit card used must be in Wisconsin?

:dunno:

ewokpelts
02-19-2006, 12:50 PM
I got an email from teh Brewers about this plan. They are NOT restricting sales to Illinois Residents.
Gene

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I got an email from teh Brewers about this plan. They are NOT restricting sales to Illinois Residents.
Gene

Now this plan isn't as cool as I thought it was. Oh well. Its still a good deal but restricting it to only WI residents would have been pretty sweet (or only offering it to WI reidents for a period of time and then opening it up to anyone).

Palehose13
02-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Now I see what the deal is. I guess the brewers are hoping that enough WI residents will buy 4-packs, which are offered at reduced prices, thus limiting the number of tickets available for cub fans. It's close to the idea of the Sox only selling the cub series to ST holders last year.

1951Campbell
02-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm sorry, but I think having to win some residency pissing match in order to buy tickets or get a few bucks off is lame. I bought Orioles tickets this year. It's not like they pointed and laughed and made some Dibber joke, or made some everyone-in-Central-PA-is-a-redneck* joke and charged me an extra couple of bucks.

*See where I live for relevance.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-21-2006, 11:25 AM
From what i heard, they sold 1,000 of these 4 packs on the first day. No clue on what it is up to now, but hopefully it will sellout. They are also sponsoring a tailgating event on saturday(part of the "take back Miller Park" event) with free food from Klements', Free shirts, and from what i hear, free soda/beer from Miller Brewering. Not bad for just coming out to buy tickets at the ballpark.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-21-2006, 02:12 PM
just a little update.

The Mjs is reporting that 3,000 4 packs have been sold and the new picnic area is sold out for the season.

Baby Fisk
02-21-2006, 02:29 PM
just a little update.

The Mjs is reporting that 3,000 4 packs have been sold and the new picnic area is sold out for the season.
Welcome aboard, BTW. :welcome: