PDA

View Full Version : Pods at Auto Show

SSSoxFan
02-17-2006, 08:37 AM
I was just wondering if anyone went to the auto show yesterday to see Podsednik. Did he actually show up or did he pull a Jenks?

MUScholar21
02-17-2006, 09:08 AM
That one probably is a little out of line if you are referring to Jenks not showing up for SoxFest. Bobby had a death in the family. So, if that is in fact what you are talking about, I hope you feel like an ass now.

rocky biddle
02-17-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm assuming he was referring to Bobby not showing up for the auto show earlier in the week. But I don't know.

SSSoxFan
02-17-2006, 09:12 AM
That one probably is a little out of line if you are referring to Jenks not showing up for SoxFest. Bobby had a death in the family. So, if that is in fact what you are talking about, I hope you feel like an ass now.

No I was referring to him being a no show at the Auto Show and waiting until the last minute for everyone to be notified of it.

BeefyD
02-17-2006, 09:40 AM
We really shouldn't be judging him without an explanation. He doesn't owe us one. His agent books things like signings, not Bobby. He showed up at the Arie Crown for the Sox Pride DVD Premiere, so I don't think it has anything to do with crowds.

If the death in his family was a close relative, he may still be mourning.

If you really need his autograph that bad, buy one.

IlliniSox4Life
02-17-2006, 10:08 AM
We really shouldn't be judging him without an explanation. He doesn't owe us one. His agent books things like signings, not Bobby. He showed up at the Arie Crown for the Sox Pride DVD Premiere, so I don't think it has anything to do with crowds.

If the death in his family was a close relative, he may still be mourning.

If you really need his autograph that bad, buy one.

If he (or his agent who speaks on his behalf) says he will show up and then tells everyone 15 minutes before he's scheduled to show up that he wont be there, he does owe them an explanation. It's no different than if you had a date planned and blew it off for no reason - the other person has every right to be mad.

TomBradley72
02-17-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm not a big fan of judging Bobby Jenks until any real explanations come out...he had an incredibly tough childhood and just lost his father a few weeks ago. Anyone who has lost an immediate family member knows that it could be months to completely recover and anything that is optional (public appearances, etc.) could take a back seat.

dickallen15
02-17-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm not a big fan of judging Bobby Jenks until any real explanations come out...he had an incredibly tough childhood and just lost his father a few weeks ago. Anyone who has lost an immediate family member knows that it could be months to completely recover and anything that is optional (public appearances, etc.) could take a back seat.

I've heard reports it was his father who died and his uncle. Considering he is quoted as saying he would never speak to his parents again, I guess it would be the uncle.

NonetheLoaiza
02-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Is anyone supposed to be at the Auto Show on Saturday?