PDA

View Full Version : No Sleep

KRS1
02-16-2006, 11:35 PM
I wish I could rest, but there's no way I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight as I'm going down to Tucson in the morning. Hopefully pitchers will start bringing their stuff sometime in the next week, because I'll be driving down there daily to watch them each of the next ten days. I'll keep my eye's mostly tuned towards the LOOGY competition, but watching McCarthy to see if the weight he's gained translates into some more velocity.

mike squires
02-16-2006, 11:40 PM
McCarthy been lifting weights or the fork? I hadn't heard that. That is awesome. I went in 2000. I like the laid back and intimacy with the players you get. Something you don't always get during the regular season. One day I came away with 4 batting practice balls, a Durham and 2 frank auto's. Not sure how laid back it will be this year though! Have fun.

Deebs14
02-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Dude that's freakin awesome! I saw the Sox during Spring Training many years ago when they used to play down in Sarasota and it's a great experience. I'm hoping that once I graduate I'll be able to make it out to AZ and check them out again. Have a blast man!

NonetheLoaiza
02-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Wish I was going to ST this year, but I can't. Have fun, and tell Thome I says, 'what's up'. :cool:

Soxfanspcu11
02-16-2006, 11:54 PM
I wish I could rest, but there's no way I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight as I'm going down to Tucson in the morning.

:o:

Dude, you are DRIVING to Tucson, not flying, this is going to be a VERY long drive (obviously) and you are going to get SOOOOOO tired!

Can you even make it there in one day??? I was looking into it, about driving and my friend told me that it is like 20 hours away!!!

You really should just lay down, and if you can't sleep, then at least rest your eyes and try and relax, me thinks that you not getting any sleep tonight could be dangerous!

Be careful out there man!

EDIT-Oh wait, I'm not sure if you said you were driving out there or driving once you got there, if your flying tommarow, then by all means, stay up! But if not..................LAY DOWN!!!!

KRS1
02-17-2006, 12:02 AM
:o:

Dude, you are DRIVING to Tucson, not flying, this is going to be a VERY long drive (obviously) and you are going to get SOOOOOO tired!

Can you even make it there in one day??? I was looking into it, about driving and my friend told me that it is like 20 hours away!!!

You really should just lay down, and if you can't sleep, then at least rest your eyes and try and relax, me thinks that you not getting any sleep tonight could be dangerous!

Be careful out there man!

EDIT-Oh wait, I'm not sure if you said you were driving out there or driving once you got there, if your flying tommarow, then by all means, stay up! But if not..................LAY DOWN!!!!

I live in Scottsdale bro, it's a 2-3 hour drive depending on when I leave.

Also, it's more like 30 hours from Chicago to Tucson driving.

Soxfanspcu11
02-17-2006, 12:11 AM

My bad man! It doesn't say in your posts where your from, so I just assumed that you were from the CHI area. But that is definetly A LOT better!!!

And now that you say it's 30 hours from CHI to Tucson, I'm glad I decided not to drive!

Well, all that being said, HAVE A BLAST!!!!

csufsoxfan
02-17-2006, 02:06 AM
7 hour drive for me to tucson maybe ifim lucky ill go

Steelrod
02-17-2006, 05:51 AM
Dude that's freakin awesome! I saw the Sox during Spring Training many years ago when they used to play down in Sarasota and it's a great experience. I'm hoping that once I graduate I'll be able to make it out to AZ and check them out again. Have a blast man!
I don't believe that there are any rules in Tucson that bar undergraduates. In fact, there are schools of them!

MarySwiss
02-17-2006, 10:06 AM
I wish I could rest, but there's no way I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight as I'm going down to Tucson in the morning. Hopefully pitchers will start bringing their stuff sometime in the next week, because I'll be driving down there daily to watch them each of the next ten days. I'll keep my eye's mostly tuned towards the LOOGY competition, but watching McCarthy to see if the weight he's gained translates into some more velocity.

Have a great trip! Once the full team reports--and if I can get time--I plan to head down there one day and hang by the workout field to try to get my "Dedicated To..." book autographed. Maybe I'll see ya there! :D:

DenverSock
02-17-2006, 10:27 AM

I used to drive to Denver from Chicago or vice-a-versa in 18 hours straight back in my college days.

DaleJRFan
02-17-2006, 12:26 PM

hey KRS.. .have fun down there and keep us less fortunate types updated on the LOOGY competition.

:gulp:

KRS1
02-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I left last night at about 2 AM and partied at my frat's counterpart here at Uof A, who so graciously will be boarding me here for the next week or so. Unfortunately, I didn't wake up until about 10 minutes ago so I wont be going to workouts today, but will be there for sure tomorrow. Other than Vasquez and Freddy warming up for the WBC, I probably didn't miss much other than jogging and light pitch and catch. Anyway I thought I'd update you guys, and I'll let you know more in the next couple days.

maurice
02-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Yes, please keep us updated.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Last year when I went to Spring Training I came back and had a post or two here about this guy Pablo Ozuna who looked really good and I thought could surprise and make the team. Find our next Pablo for us!!!

maurice
02-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Me (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=619487&postcount=5) hyping Ozuna last Spring.

IIRC, Valdez had a good spring too, but Ozzie wisely decided to go with Ozuna. It worked out for Valdez too, since he got a great chance to start a bunch of games for Seattle and SD. Now he's with the KC org.

MySoxAreClean
02-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Wanna sleep>? watch or hear a Cubs game...RONNIE WHAT S The Attendance for today?? Hold on my hair is on fire!!!

KRS1
02-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I left the fields about a half an hour ago, and it was a good experience. Not a lot of action, a lot of fielding and tossing, more jogging, and some side toss. In the distance you could here a glove popping for about 15 minutes in the first half hour I was there, I only assume it was Vasquez warming up in the pen. Coop was paying a lot of attention to the lefties, but nonr of them were really throwing, rather practicing motions and release. I dont know if it was Rusty Tucker, but one of the lefties was basically standing on his left leg with raised right foot practicing his release point for an hour straight. I'm really excited for the next couple days, because Coop seemed to be working his way through the warmups and light pitch, getting really close work on the new guys. McCarthy isnt that noticabley bigger, but he looks stronger and more filled out. I hope these guys start letting loose soon, because it was a lot of 50%, and going through motions for them today.

DaleJRFan
02-19-2006, 02:26 AM
Me (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=619487&postcount=5) hyping Ozuna last Spring.

Bragger.

Still think Ozuna should be the starting 3B??? :cool:

KRS1
02-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Today was significantly better than yesterday. The hitters were out early enough for me to watch, and Thome doesnt look like a wounded man at all. Rusty Tucker eally seem to be bringing it today, and one of the guys I talked to said he is bringing the mid 90's chedder again when he wants, but his control is some much better when he's parked in the low 90's. He still has some more room to build back strength though and could see more control when he's touching 94-95 as he adds even more velocity, because his motion gets thrown off when he asserts more effort. Of the other lefties I kept my eye on Corwin and Paulino a lot, and both are about the same as when I saw them in October, and Chad Bentz look solid as I expected. Dusty looks like he's throwing with a lot less effort, and his follow-through is easy. I watched the lefties about 90% of the time I was there, and right now my favorites are Corwin and Rusty, but Almanza looks like a solid vet who can get the job done.