PDA

View Full Version : Pitchers and catchers report today!

A. Cavatica
02-16-2006, 11:14 PM
The clock on whitesox.com is at 13 hours 45 minutes and counting...

mike squires
02-16-2006, 11:36 PM
The clock on whitesox.com is at 13 hours 45 minutes and counting...

Let's see, how many dumb questions threads can I think of between now and then? :)

SweetnesSox
02-16-2006, 11:39 PM
over/under is six and a half. and you need at least three serious replies each. GET CRACKIN.

mike squires
02-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Thankfully #32 is the last. The dumb question threads are over folks until next September. Noticed I said September!!!!

csufsoxfan
02-17-2006, 02:04 AM
i'll believe it when i see it :mg:

UofCSoxFan
02-17-2006, 02:06 AM
I saw on abc 7 that Jim Thome is already in camp ready to go. Good to see how hungry he is.

GregoryEtc
02-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Apparently Jim's pretty hungry. I hear Jim just cleaned out Mark Giangrecco's stash of nutter butters.

TomBradley72
02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Who's your "pick to click" for having the best work out today?

DenverSock
02-17-2006, 10:29 AM
At long last! Hallelujah! :D::D:

NonetheLoaiza
02-17-2006, 10:34 AM
I saw on abc 7 that Jim Thome is already in camp ready to go. Good to see how hungry he is.

One of the things that has surprised me about Thome is how good of a guy he is. Obviously, playing for the Indians and Phillies, you don't really hear too much about what kind of guy he is (at least I had never really heard anything about him outside the clubhouse). Since he has come to the Sox, all you hear from the media, former players, and the way he talks, he seems like a well-adjusted, down to earth guy, and one of the best ambassadors the game has. I really hope he becomes a fan favorite in Chicago (maybe he has already).

Baby Fisk
02-17-2006, 11:10 AM
A New Quest Begins (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060216&content_id=1313495&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) [cue dramatic orchestral music]

Lip Man 1
02-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Thank God it's here!!!

Lip

DaleJRFan
02-17-2006, 12:25 PM
A New Quest Begins (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060216&content_id=1313495&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) [cue dramatic orchestral music]

That picture of Garland looks like he just fell off of his bar stool...

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 12:35 PM
That picture of Garland looks like he just fell off of his bar stool...

Is he even old enough to drink?:tongue:

Iwritecode
02-17-2006, 12:43 PM
One of the things that has surprised me about Thome is how good of a guy he is. Obviously, playing for the Indians and Phillies, you don't really hear too much about what kind of guy he is (at least I had never really heard anything about him outside the clubhouse). Since he has come to the Sox, all you hear from the media, former players, and the way he talks, he seems like a well-adjusted, down to earth guy, and one of the best ambassadors the game has. I really hope he becomes a fan favorite in Chicago (maybe he has already).

I remember a few articles when he was with the Indians and they came to Chicago to play the Sox. One in particular was about him visiting a kid in the hospital. He promised to hit a homerun for him in that night's game.

Of course he did. :D:

Against the Sox. :angry:

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I remember a few articles when he was with the Indians and they came to Chicago to play the Sox. One in particular was about him visiting a kid in the hospital. He promised to hit a homerun for him in that night's game.

KRAMER: All right. What if I tell Paul O'Neill to hit a home run tomorrow, just for you.

BOBBY: Would he? Paul O'Neill would do that?

KRAMER: For you he would.

BOBBY: Would he hit two home runs?

KRAMER: Two? Sure kid, yeah. But then you gotta promise you'll do something for me.

BOBBY: I know. Get out of this bed one day and walk again.

KRAMER: Yeah, that would be nice. But I really just need this card.

maurice
02-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Pitchers and catchers report -- the four most beautiful words in the English language.
:gulp:
:bandance:

Iwritecode
02-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Pitchers and catchers report -- the four most beautiful words in the English language.
:gulp:
:bandance:

Close...

"a White Sox winner!"

"World Champion White Sox"

Corlose 15
02-17-2006, 02:01 PM

Just remind yourself how many WS championships that Indians dynasty won and how many the Sox have gotten so far. :cool:

professionalfan
02-17-2006, 02:09 PM
KRAMER: All right. What if I tell Paul O'Neill to hit a home run tomorrow, just for you.

BOBBY: Would he? Paul O'Neill would do that?

KRAMER: For you he would.

BOBBY: Would he hit two home runs?

KRAMER: Two? Sure kid, yeah. But then you gotta promise you'll do something for me.

BOBBY: I know. Get out of this bed one day and walk again.

KRAMER: Yeah, that would be nice. But I really just need this card.

Seinfeld....yes!:D:

csufsoxfan
02-17-2006, 03:45 PM
apparently sox tickets are sold out for the spring training game vrs. cubs, are tickets hard to get for it if i were to drive out there cause i would like to experience a preseason game out there but dont want to go if i cant get in.

gobears1987
02-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Didn't the homerun end up being a triple and an error?

Iwritecode
02-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Just remind yourself how many WS championships that Indians dynasty won and how many the Sox have gotten so far. :cool:

Yes, but he's one guy (of many) that I hated facing when he was on the Indians. Mainly because he killed our pitching all the damn time.

Off the field, I hear he's really a great, easy-going guy.

Iwritecode
02-17-2006, 04:23 PM

Here's the article. (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4196/is_20020120/ai_n10755793)

Turns out it was his nephew and he hit 3 homeruns total!

"Hit a home run for me, Jim," Brandon said from the hospital bed.

And Jim Thome hit a home run for him that night at Comiskey Park. The next day, Brandon said, "Hit two home runs for me."

And that night, Jim Thome hit two home runs.

For the rest of the year, Jim Thome mashed home runs for Brandon. He ended up hitting 49 of them, more than any other player in the American League.

The guy has a huge heart and won the Roberto Clemente Award in 2002.

MarySwiss
02-17-2006, 04:41 PM
apparently sox tickets are sold out for the spring training game vrs. cubs, are tickets hard to get for it if i were to drive out there cause i would like to experience a preseason game out there but dont want to go if i cant get in.

Did you check the game at HoHoKam? It's probably a long shot, but if you only need one, you might luck out. You might also want to try some of the other Cactus League parks. Finally, sometimes people end up having to get rid of their tickets and they advertise in the Arizona Republic.

http://www.azcentral.com/class/merch/, then go to tickets.

And here's a link to the Arizona Daily Star, which is more likely to feature Tucson tickets.

http://www.tucson.com/classified/index.php?page=0&action=keyword_search&keyword=Tickets&template_id=0&submit=Search

Good luck!

michned
02-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Did you check the game at HoHoKam? It's probably a long shot, but if you only need one, you might luck out. You might also want to try some of the other Cactus League parks. Finally, sometimes people end up having to get rid of their tickets and they advertise in the Arizona Republic.
Don't forget to check all the usual places: eBay, StubHub, Tickets Now, etc. There are plenty available.

SoxFan928
02-17-2006, 06:58 PM

That it was:

Kramer follows the game with Bobby, and they're both excited after O'Neill hits one home run. In the bottom of the eighth, with the score tied 1-1, O'Neill rockets a ball into deep left field. The third-base coach waves him in on what appears to be an inside-the-park home run, but the official scorer rules it a triple and an error on a Martinez overthrow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3/story?page=katcher/sports_seinfeld #8

ChiSoxLifer
02-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Any word on whether or not Jenks reported today? It's been posted in other threads he's been missing some appearances. I hope all is well.