PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Vouchers?

chisoxfanatic
02-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know when the Teacher's Day vouchers will be out this year? I haven't heard anyone talk about them once this year at the school in which I teach.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-16-2006, 11:59 PM
I received a big stack of them in my mailbox at school a week ago. Only three games this year, all of them evenings, though I can't remember the exact dates at the moment (left 'em on my desk).

I'm worried that by the time my coupons are sent in and processed, those dates will be sold out :(: .

ChiSoxGirl
02-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Does anyone know when the Teacher's Day vouchers will be out this year? I haven't heard anyone talk about them once this year at the school in which I teach.

There was a stack of about 20 in the table in our faculty room on Monday with a note saying, "Teachers, please feel free to take one." This teacher didn't take one... she took six! :wink: I justified it by saying that most of the teachers I work with are Cub fans, so I just took the ones they were entitled to.

By the way, there are only three Teacher Nights this year- Tuesday, May 9 (vs. LAA), Wednesday, July 5 (vs. BAL), and Tuesday, September 19 (vs. DET). If Henry has another Fan Deck party for his birthday on the 19th, we can get in for dirt cheap! :gulp:

kruzer31
02-17-2006, 01:43 AM
If someone comes across a 20 or so vouchers please let me know as i am off from work on tues and wed. Would be much appreciated.

Jeff

ewokpelts
02-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Are they 75% off
Gene

SoxyStu
02-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Are they 75% off
Gene

Yep. Good stuff.

Frankfan4life
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
If someone comes across a 20 or so vouchers please let me know as i am off from work on tues and wed. Would be much appreciated.

JeffIM me and I'll send you as many as you want.

leens01
02-17-2006, 05:05 PM
How do you get them sent to your school? They have never been sent to mine! Probably because my boss is a Cubs fan!

kruzer31
02-18-2006, 02:04 AM
IM me and I'll send you as many as you want.

Sent you a private message , with my info for the vouchers, if you didnt get it, please contact me at Kruze35@yahoo.com for my home address. Thanks again.

Jeff

lizard6king6
02-18-2006, 02:12 AM

Sent you a pm :)

santo=dorf
02-18-2006, 02:19 AM
Do they hold off seats for the vouchers, or is it 75% off what's ever left?

I want Mags back
02-18-2006, 11:49 AM

just PM'ed u

rookie
02-18-2006, 12:40 PM

I believe it's off of what's left. I got mine at my school on Monday, which suprised me because last year I played phone tag forever with someone at the tix office just to get some.

I filled out my check Monday night and went to the post office right afterward. Hopefully I'll get lower deck because it seems that lower deck is still available for the weekdays and I know they got my form before Friday.

Kudos to the White Sox for sending them out so early so we'd have a shot at decent tix!

Frankfan4life
02-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Only Chicago public schools were given vouchers. Because I work with CPS educators, I have access to quite a few. But, I didn't realize I would get so many requests. If you PM me I will try to accommodate as many people as possible.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Only Chicago public schools were given vouchers...
I work at a private school in the south suburbs, and they sent me 40 vouchers.:dunno:

thomas35forever
02-18-2006, 10:31 PM
True story: I was in the computer lab for my investing class the other day and my teacher asks if there are any White Sox fans in the room. I raised my hand of course, and she said she had teacher vouchers for a few games. She didn't have enough to go around, but I was one of the first to get them. I'm thinking of going to the Tuesday night game in May against the Angels.

South Side Irish
02-18-2006, 11:04 PM

I went by the Box Office today (2 freakin windows open !!! :angry: ) and picked up decent seats. I got 8 tix for the 7/5 game in 107, 2 each for the 5/9 and 9/19 games in 156. I paid a total of 77 bucks! It's nice to have perks like this! :D:

Had I gotten more vouchers, I would have bought a few tickets for students as rewards. For 3.50 a piece for the 500's, it's as expensive as buying candy for them anyway. Bummer I couldn't get more, I know it would've knocked their socks off!

leens01
02-19-2006, 02:04 AM
Does anyone have any of the vouchers left anymore? I am a teacher in the City, but it is a private school. Let me know if there is any left! Thanks!
E.

Frankfan4life
02-22-2006, 09:26 PM
I work at a private school in the south suburbs, and they sent me 40 vouchers.:dunno:I was only going by what I was told. Either my source was wrong or I misunderstood him. At any rate, it's cool if other schools are getting them.

ShoelessJoeS
02-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Does the offer apply to prospective teachers?

:D:

Jerko
02-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Does the offer apply to prospective teachers?

:D:

Or to people who used to get smacked by teachers???? :o:

Cat Thief
02-23-2006, 11:42 AM
I could use 30 if anbody could spare them. I had my wifes whole family out there klast year with these voucheers. Great time.

alohafri
02-23-2006, 11:45 AM
There was a stack of about 20 in the table in our faculty room on Monday with a note saying, "Teachers, please feel free to take one." This teacher didn't take one... she took six! :wink: ! :gulp:

Good for you Jen! My secretaries were looking out for me and left 5 in my mailbox.

BainesHOF
02-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Just what teachers need, more perks!

Who has the better union, teachers or major-league baseball players?

South Side Irish
02-23-2006, 01:29 PM

Over/under on how long it takes for this thread to move to the Roadhouse?

I put it at, like, 3 hours.

:angry:

Jerko
02-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Over/under on how long it takes for this thread to move to the Roadhouse?

I put it at, like, 3 hours.

:angry:

I say less if PH13 is online/more if he changes to teal. :o:

SOXintheBURGH
02-23-2006, 01:44 PM

Wildly inappropriate. :talktothehand:

ewokpelts
02-23-2006, 02:02 PM

Who has the better union, teachers or major-league baseball players?The Teachers vouchers is an attempt by LASALLE BANK(my employer) to court business from teachers in the CHICAGOLAND AREA. They merely pay the sox a lot of money to extend the 75% discount.
In case anyone noticed the discount code on your ticket isnt TCH, or CPS. It's LAS(short for lasalle).
This is advertising, plain and simple.
Gene

HotelWhiteSox
02-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Got mine in the mail, thanks you rock!

alohafri
02-23-2006, 08:41 PM

Oh my! I feel a no-DQ cage match coming on...

SouthSide_HitMen
02-23-2006, 08:44 PM
The Teachers vouchers is an attempt by LASALLE BANK(my employer) to court business from teachers in the CHICAGOLAND AREA. They merely pay the sox a lot of money to extend the 75% discount.
In case anyone noticed the discount code on your ticket isnt TCH, or CPS. It's LAS(short for lasalle).
This is advertising, plain and simple.
Gene

Any extras this year Gene or did last season's offer become a part (full) time job?

chisoxfanatic
02-23-2006, 08:56 PM
If Henry has another Fan Deck party for his birthday on the 19th, we can get in for dirt cheap! :gulp:

This time, I'm EXPECTING a "special guest." And said "special guest" is NOT to be the proverbial "lurker." :tongue:

ewokpelts
02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Any extras this year Gene or did last season's offer become a part (full) time job?i can neither confirm or deny any reports of me having vouchers....the hills have eye and ears......

Gene