PDA

View Full Version : Hendry letter hijack - for those who don't know how to put it down...

It's Time
02-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Hahahaha!!! Taken from the Cubs board was this retort. I couldn't have said it any better.:)

"Dear Cubs fans,

"As long as I'm the GM, 79-83 will not be tolerated. I know I said I had a lot of money to spend with Sosa's money off the books this year, but that was just BS.

We feel the additions of surgically repaired has beens like Wade Miller and Jason Simontacchi were better options then guys like Millwood or Washburn.

We finally got a leadoff man after 2 years without having one. We feel Jacque Jones should play in at least 100 games this year but being that he can't hit left handed pitching, we signed 75 year old Marquis Grissom for quality insurance.

We obviously feel we are an 84 win team, which is better then 79-83. Even though I had a lot of money to spend, I decided to go on the cheap and sign reclamation projects once again.

Here's to a 84 win season, Cubs fans"!.

Jim Hendry,

GM.

MarySwiss
02-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Hahahaha!!! Taken from the Cubs board was this retort. I couldn't have said it any better.:)

"Dear Cubs fans,

"As long as I'm the GM, 79-83 will not be tolerated. I know I said I had a lot of money to spend with Sosa's money off the books this year, but that was just BS.

We feel the additions of surgically repaired has beens like Wade Miller and Jason Simontacchi were better options then guys like Millwood or Washburn.

We finally got a leadoff man after 2 years without having one. We feel Jacque Jones should play in at least 100 games this year but being that he can't hit left handed pitching, we signed 75 year old Marquis Grissom for quality insurance.

We obviously feel we are an 84 win team, which is better then 79-83. Even though I had a lot of money to spend, I decided to go on the cheap and sign reclamation projects once again.

Here's to a 84 win season, Cubs fans"!.

Jim Hendry,

GM.

Linky?

CarolinaSoxFan
02-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Always trying to win and make the team better - that's the thing you really have to respect about Ken Williams.

Even those trades that didn't work out - and we all know about them - there was never any doubt he was trying to win.

Yesterday, I read a quote that Jim Hendry expects Wood to start 30 games this year. Has he even thrown off a mound yet since being shut down last year? I'm no expert, but I'd bet Wilbur Wood has a better chance of starting 30 times than Kerry.

I can't think of a better comparison between these two guys and their approach.

Dan Mega
02-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Why were the Cubs brought up? This is about KW addressing, and thanking, the Sox fans.

Chisox003
02-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Why were the Cubs brought up? This is about KW addressing, and thanking, the Sox fans.
Sad, ain't it?

:rolleyes:

pearso66
02-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Always trying to win and make the team better - that's the thing you really have to respect about Ken Williams.

Even those trades that didn't work out - and we all know about them - there was never any doubt he was trying to win.

Yesterday, I read a quote that Jim Hendry expects Wood to start 30 games this year. Has he even thrown off a mound yet since being shut down last year? I'm no expert, but I'd bet Wilbur Wood has a better chance of starting 30 times than Kerry.

I hate to talk about the Cubs, but I have heard rumors that Wood is going to miss the first 2 weeks of the season.

Ok, back to regularly scheduled White Sox discussions

thomas35forever
02-16-2006, 11:06 PM
HA!!!! 84 wins? Even the GM isn't that optimistic about this year's team. This should push them closer to the glorious 100-year anniversary of their last World Series title.

Jerko
02-17-2006, 09:55 AM

Happens all the time, sadly. IIRC they even got a few mentions in the thread about where to park................AT THE CELL. :angry: :angry: :rolleyes:

Steelrod
02-17-2006, 10:48 AM

Sounds like last years statement about Wood and Prior by Hendry. One thing I know for sure is not to believe anything I hear about Cub health issues.