PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Following games sold out...

chisoxmike
02-16-2006, 01:29 PM
For those of you who are buying tickets Friday, beware these games are sold out....

Sunday, April 2 vs. Cleveland
Tuesday, April 4 vs. Cleveland
Saturday, May 6 vs. Kansas City
Friday, May 19 vs. Cubs
Saturday, May 20 vs. Cubs
Sunday, May 21 vs. Cubs
Friday, July 7 vs. Boston
Saturday, July 8 vs. Boston
Sunday, July 9 vs. Boston
Thursday, August 10 vs. New York

per White Sox press release... http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060216&content_id=1312899&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

HotelWhiteSox
02-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Okay, has anyone solved the May 6th mystery? Is this some secret promotion or something?

itsnotrequired
02-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Unreal.

That place is going to be INSANE this season.:bandance:

Scottiehaswheels
For those of you who are buying tickets Friday, beware these games are sold out....

Friday, May 19 vs. Cubs
Sunday, May 21 vs. Cubs

per White Sox press release... http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060216&content_id=1312899&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Corrected it for ya

chisoxmike
Okay, has anyone solved the May 6th mystery? Is this some secret promotion or something?

I do know its a fireworks night, nothing else is listed.

MUsoxfan

It's a fireworks nights. People probably associate it with "the first fireworks night of warm weather"......and a probable W vs. KC

spiffie
02-16-2006, 01:35 PM
It's a fireworks night, and since it's before Memorial Day it might be the only cheap saturday fireworks night this year. That's the only thing I can think of.

As for the rest of that...Holy ****! 2 million already gone before the general public even gets a crack at them. And before any impulse the rest of the offseason. And before anyone else buys full season packages. 10 home games already gone. Another 10 or so at least likely to sell out tomorrow (the rest of the Yankees games, the last game of the opening series, the rest of the fireworks nights). I know some people on this board were scoffing at anyone who said we might get 3 million, but we're going to end up pretty darn close it looks like.

NorthSideSox72
02-16-2006, 01:37 PM
It's a fireworks night, and since it's before Memorial Day it might be the only cheap saturday fireworks night this year. That's the only thing I can think of.

As for the rest of that...Holy ****! 2 million already gone before the general public even gets a crack at them. And before any impulse the rest of the offseason. And before anyone else buys full season packages. 10 home games already gone. Another 10 or so at least likely to sell out tomorrow (the rest of the Yankees games, the last game of the opening series, the rest of the fireworks nights). I know some people on this board were scoffing at anyone who said we might get 3 million, but we're going to end up pretty darn close it looks like.

How do you come to the 2 million mark already? Not trying to be obnoxious, I'd just like to see the math.

Flight #24
02-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Per WhiteSox.com. 2mil tickets sold before the public sale begins. Looks like we'll push 3mil easy.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, February 16, 2006

CHICAGO WHITE SOX SURPASS 2 MILLION TICKETS SOLD

CHICAGO For the first time in franchise history, the World Series Champion Chicago White Sox have surpassed 2 million tickets sold prior to the start of Spring Training. This marks the eighth time in franchise history that the White Sox have topped the 2 million mark in attendance (1983-84, 1990-93, 2005-06).

Season tickets for White Sox games, which have been on sale since September, have reached an all-time franchise high of more than 21,000. Group tickets also are currently being sold, and this week, season ticket holders and whitesox.com registered users (membership is free) had the opportunity to purchase 2006 individual-game tickets through a special presale. More than 108,000 individual-game tickets were sold through these presales.
When individual tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow, the following dates will not be available:

Friday, May 19 vs. Cubs
Sunday, May 21 vs. Cubs

A limited number of full season tickets without postseason options remain available. Fans wishing to purchase full season ticket packages without postseason options or wanting to add their names to the season ticket waiting list may contact the White Sox sales department at (312) 674-1000 or visit whitesox.com.

Individual-game tickets to 2006 Chicago White Sox home games at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale Friday, February 17 at 10:00 a.m. online at whitesox.com, through Ticketmaster phone lines at (312) 559-1212 and (866) SOX-GAME and at Chicagoland Ticketmaster outlets.

-30-

2006 Chicago White Sox

chisoxmike
02-16-2006, 01:38 PM
How do you come to the 2 million mark already? Not trying to be obnoxious, I'd just like to see the math.

Read the link....

spiffie
02-16-2006, 01:40 PM
1 White Sox Press Release + literacy = statement of 2 million tickets sold.

SOXPHILE
02-16-2006, 01:42 PM
I'll be at 2 of those games !

-April 4 against the Jnjuns :bandance:

-July 9 against the Red Cubs :bandance:

-plus Wednesday, August 9 against the Yanks. :bandance:

SOXPHILE
02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
1 White Sox Press Release + literacy = statement of 2 million tickets sold.

:cheers:

Scottiehaswheels
02-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Out of 108,000 sold in the past 2 days I can proudly say I was .0017% of that!

NorthSideSox72
02-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Read the link....

D'OH!!!

salty99
02-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Wow this is great. I still say the season doesn't sell out before the end of tomorrow.

Scottiehaswheels
02-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Wow this is great. I still say the season doesn't sell out before the end of tomorrow.

I say 2.35 mil sold by the end of tomorrow...

soxinem1
02-16-2006, 02:01 PM

Barring a 1984-like total collapse, I do not see how the Sox do not draw 3 million plus.

NoNeckEra
02-16-2006, 02:03 PM
I know some people on this board were scoffing at anyone who said we might get 3 million, but we're going to end up pretty darn close it looks like.
That would mean a 37,000 average crowd per date, just about what the park holds.

Scottiehaswheels
02-16-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm curious about that release.... says they still have season tix available... does that mean if you don't order them today all bets are off and they release them to the general public for individual sale tomorrow?

Fake Chet Lemon
02-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Feel even better about jumping on the PLAYOFF ELIGIBLE Ozzie Plan this year!!!

salty99
02-16-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm curious about that release.... says they still have season tix available... does that mean if you don't order them today all bets are off and they release them to the general public for individual sale tomorrow?

Time to e-mail Brooks

roylestillman
02-16-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm fairly new, but even I smell attendance thread. But what the heck: 2,835,467 total paid for 2006.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-16-2006, 02:12 PM

No. The release doesn't say it but the club holds blocks of tickets for full season ticket sales, just as they hold blocks of tickets for their party events (including Core of the Core).

I saw some tickets for the ring ceremony and other "sold out" games if you buy the Ozzie Plan.

I have a few packages left (see link below) for all three sold out Boston games if anyone is interested and a couple more (I will be out of town during the Boston weekend :(: ).

That would mean a 37,000 average crowd per date, just about what the park holds.

The park holds just over 40,000. The team can never sell 40,000 * 81 games or 3,240,000 tickets as they give away many comps for each game. They could come close to the 3,000,000 paid mark which we nearly reached in 1991. We have about 4,000 (IIRC) seats less due to the reconfiguration of the Upper Deck. I think we will be just over 3,000,000 when all is said and done.

34 Inch Stick
02-16-2006, 02:13 PM
I am not new and I would ask the moderators to now reconsider the banning of attendance threads. This press release should signal the end of any talk about blue seats, attendance championships and all of the negative stuff that was previously attributed to the odious posts.

NorthSideSox72
02-16-2006, 02:15 PM

Total park capacity: 40,615
Maximum possible for year of 81 games: 3,289,815 (which isn't realistically possible)

So they can't get much past 3 million. But I bet at or around 3 mil, barring a serious collapse.

NorthSideSox72
02-16-2006, 02:16 PM
I am not new and I would ask the moderators to now reconsider the banning of attendance threads. This press release should signal the end of any talk about blue seats, attendance championships and all of the negative stuff that was previously attributed to the odious posts.

I agree. No need to be banning an entire baseball topic anyway.

34 Inch Stick
02-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Get the city building department on the line. We need to get a permit for expansion of the seats expedited. Do they know where we can get some weathered bricks?

The Critic
02-16-2006, 02:17 PM
.....(sniff sniff).....this thread is starting to smell like something......(sniffffffff).....yep.....the A word......:D:

I would like to throw my vote at "un-banning" the A word - especially since it's not going to be a negative issue this year at all.

Fenway
02-16-2006, 02:19 PM
I find it amusing the Red Sox games sold out but there are still tickets for the Yankees

Not the Red Sox fans buying the tickets this time, they going to be very unhappy tomorrow

Daver
I agree. No need to be banning an entire baseball topic anyway.

Oh really?

salty99
I find it amusing the Red Sox games sold out but there are still tickets for the Yankees

Not the Red Sox fans buying the tickets this time, they going to be very unhappy tomorrow

Probably because it's a weekend series.

Baby Fisk
02-16-2006, 02:20 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/st/gallery/images/340/tngtroi03.jpg
"Captain... I'm sensing that this surge in ticket sales is directly attributable to the Sox fielding a winning team."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3b/Jean-Luc_Picard1.jpg/300px-Jean-Luc_Picard1.jpg
"No ****, Counsellor."

roylestillman
02-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Get the city building department on the line. We need to get a permit for expansion of the seats expedited. Do they know where we can get some weathered bricks?

I think we can expand the bleachers up and over Wentworth...

Tekijawa
02-16-2006, 02:31 PM
I can't wait for the Attendance championship banner to be raised next year!

daveeym
02-16-2006, 02:35 PM
"Captain... I'm sensing that this surge in ticket sales is directly attributable to the Sox fielding a winning team."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3b/Jean-Luc_Picard1.jpg/300px-Jean-Luc_Picard1.jpg
"No ****, Counsellor." Why was the neckline cut on Troi's cleavage always crooked? It's freaky.

NorthSideSox72
02-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Oh really?

Just my opinion.

Hitmen77
02-16-2006, 02:37 PM

I don't think there is anyone should have a problem with this thread. The Sox ,after all, did just issue a press release announcing they have sold 2 million tickets for '06 and we are reacting to it.

This is different than past A threads that went on and on about our attendance numbers, why they weren't higher, how our numbers compared to the Cubs, etc.

celicacutie
02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
very thankful that I was able to snatch up a few tickets yesterday :smile:

Scottiehaswheels
02-16-2006, 02:42 PM
If we throw in an arbitrary complaint about parking we should be ok :tongue:

soccermomsox
02-16-2006, 02:44 PM
We got 5 sets of tickets yesterday, but probably because we didn't go for all the high profile ones, except Cleveland. I'm suprised April 5 didn't sell out. We got some for the 4th and the 5th. Yeah ME!!!:D:

Realist
02-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Unreal.

That place is going to be INSANE this season.:bandance:

It's gonna be a madhouse all season long. :smile:

NoNeckEra
02-16-2006, 02:52 PM
It's gonna be a madhouse all season long. :smile:
And when the Southside park is packed, it rocks, when the northside park is packed, it yawns.

Johnny Mostil
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the Red Sox visit for a weekend series, and the Yankees are here for a mid-week series . . .

DaleJRFan
02-16-2006, 03:20 PM

"No ****, Counsellor."

LOL! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Everyone in this thread should be banned for talking about a*********.

WSox8404
02-16-2006, 03:28 PM
I just wonder if there is a chance that we could actually sell out every game this year. That would be quite unreal. I mean I know winning goes a long way, but man that would be impressive. I have my Ozzie Plan already so I am damn happy about this year. I know I will be there for my 13 games.

Cellview22
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Did anyone notice that the press release doesn't specifically say those games are sold out? It says "When individual tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow, the following dates will not be available:". For all we know, this could be a clever marketing strategy to make people think they need to get their tickets early. They may have decided to stop selling tix for those games and start selling again the day after tomorrow.. there's no way 10 games are already sold out..

... Longest teal post I've written so far. :)

salty99
02-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Did anyone notice that the press release doesn't specifically say those games are sold out? It says "When individual tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow, the following dates will not be available:". For all we know, this could be a clever marketing strategy to make people think they need to get their tickets early. They may have decided to stop selling tix for those games and start selling again the day after tomorrow.. there's no way 10 games are already sold out..

... Longest teal post I've written so far. :)

Obviously some of those games aren't sold out because you can get them through full season and Ozzie plans.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
When will the Box Office Open? Tomorrow's sale is ticketmaster only.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/content/printer_friendly/cws/y2006/m02/d16/c1312899.jsp

Individual-game tickets to 2006 Chicago White Sox home games at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale Friday, February 17 at 10:00 a.m. online at whitesox.com, through Ticketmaster phone lines at (312) 559-1212 and (866) SOX-GAME and at Chicagoland Ticketmaster outlets.

ewokpelts
02-16-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm curious about that release.... says they still have season tix available... does that mean if you don't order them today all bets are off and they release them to the general public for individual sale tomorrow?no...they'll release tix to games throughout the season, like they ALWAYS DO.
Gene

ewokpelts
02-16-2006, 04:10 PM
May 6th may be Boy Scout night. They typically buy 10-15k tickets. With ticket sales so high, they may have cleaned up the remaing ticket stock after season tickets and normal sized groups are taken care of.
Gene

Hangar18
02-16-2006, 04:11 PM
"we were cleaning the office up, and all of a sudden, 800 tickets fell out of the cabinet"

WSox8404
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
no...they'll release tix to games throughout the season, like they ALWAYS DO.
Gene

How many, if you know that is, tix do they hold until a few days before the game or gameday itself. Are we talking like a thousand or two, or more like five thousand or so?

itsnotrequired
02-16-2006, 04:16 PM
May 6th may be Boy Scout night. They typically buy 10-15k tickets. With ticket sales so high, they may have cleaned up the remaing ticket stock after season tickets and normal sized groups are taken care of.
Gene

I was thinking the same thing. There must be some large organization that gobbled up a good chunk of tickets. I was thinking the corporate route (i.e. Motorola, Boeing, etc.) but they probably wouldn't grab more than a few thousand tickets.

DaBears
02-16-2006, 05:02 PM
How many, if you know that is, tix do they hold until a few days before the game or gameday itself. Are we talking like a thousand or two, or more like five thousand or so?

Nowhere near 5000 tickets would ever be released at a later date. That would be a horrible sales move! I bet they hold about 1000-1500 tickets this year. Its not like many people will still be jumpin in to get Season Tickets, especially since you dont get playoffs with it. Tickets generally get released at random times, whatever isnt given to the employees is thrown on sale, whether at the box office or online. Thing is that most brokers know this and will get them before the average fan even find out.

DaBears
02-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Gene

Doesnt the Park District have a game every year where they get 10,000 or so tickets? Whatever the 5/6 game is, Im sure they had a huge group sale.

nasox
02-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Nowhere near 5000 tickets would ever be released at a later date. That would be a horrible sales move! I bet they hold about 1000-1500 tickets this year. Its not like many people will still be jumpin in to get Season Tickets, especially since you dont get playoffs with it. Tickets generally get released at random times, whatever isnt given to the employees is thrown on sale, whether at the box office or online. Thing is that most brokers know this and will get them before the average fan even find out.
It's called ticket dropping. I got into the Bears playoff this way, and those who are really good at ticketmaster can get really good tickets right before the game. It's a skill, and unfortunately, most brokers are really good at this. Same thing happens for VIP seats that are set aside but never used.

DaBears
02-16-2006, 06:39 PM
It's called ticket dropping. I got into the Bears playoff this way, and those who are really good at ticketmaster can get really good tickets right before the game. It's a skill, and unfortunately, most brokers are really good at this. Same thing happens for VIP seats that are set aside but never used.

People could spend days trying to get a drop and not get anything:(: Every game is different so its hard to figure out...I did get Bears playoffs this way as well.:D:

C-Dawg
02-16-2006, 07:19 PM

Weird. That game is part of my Ozzie plan - maybe all those people are there just to see me?

thomas35forever
02-16-2006, 08:06 PM
May 6 has to be a fireworks night or something.

DumpJerry
02-16-2006, 08:14 PM
We clinch the Division on May 6.

doublem23
02-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Doesnt the Park District have a game every year where they get 10,000 or so tickets? Whatever the 5/6 game is, Im sure they had a huge group sale.

5/6 is too early for that. I used to work for the Park district in Skokie and we usually didn't even open camp until June-ish, let alone get hundreds of tickets for a Sox game.

pearso66
02-16-2006, 09:04 PM
What's nice is I have tickets to 7 of those games. Plus the 3rd game of the opening series, and the Wednesday Yankee game.

Johnny Mostil
02-16-2006, 09:46 PM
May 6 has to be a fireworks night or something.

Nah--it's my son's birthday! (But don't tell him about the biggest surprise party he'll ever have . . .)

rocky biddle
02-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Yesterday I was at the baggage claim at O'Hare and I overheard a ticket rep. on her cell phone. She said around 5,000 tix for the May 6th game went to a Little League group and a few other big groups were also booked for that night.

daveeym
02-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Yesterday I was at the baggage claim at O'Hare and I overheard a ticket rep. on her cell phone. She said around 5,000 tix for the May 6th game went to a Little League group and a few other big groups were also booked for that night. I got a huge group of about 22 hitting up the patio for a bachelor party. I'm so glad I cracked the whip and got answers from everyone when I did.

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 09:43 AM
I got a huge group of about 22 hitting up the patio for a bachelor party. I'm so glad I cracked the whip and got answers from everyone when I did.

No kidding. I needed a group of 12 for the Monday night Twins game. I grabbed them right away at 10:00 on Tuesday. Section 116, Row 26. Just for fun, I looked for another group of 12 to the same game during the Wednesday whitesox.com sale. Best available was Section 512, Row 12.

Jerko
02-17-2006, 12:01 PM
I just got on ticketmaster and there are still tickets left for May 6, so if you want that game go for it now.

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 12:04 PM
I just got on ticketmaster and there are still tickets left for May 6, so if you want that game go for it now.

Not only that, but the tickets are halfway decent (for the Upper Deck anyway).

Jerko
02-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Not only that, but the tickets are halfway decent (for the Upper Deck anyway).

And only 14 bucks!

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 12:09 PM
And only 14 bucks!

+ $4.25 convenience charge
+ $3.50 processing charge
+ $2.50 ticketFast charge
+ transport charge
+ storage surcharge
+ additional overcharge
+ finder's fee

:D:

SoxyStu
02-17-2006, 12:13 PM

A skill? Puleeeze.

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 12:14 PM
A skill? Puleeeze.

If you know the procedure, timing, etc. for how additional tickets are dropped and are able to work through Ticketmaster accordingly, then yes, it is a skill.

comet2k
02-17-2006, 12:15 PM
+ storage surcharge
+ additional overcharge
+ finder's fee

You forgot ATMP (additional Ticket Master profit)

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 12:16 PM
+ storage surcharge
+ additional overcharge
+ finder's fee

You forgot ATMP (additional Ticket Master profit)

Don't forget the keys...

http://www.users.cloud9.net/~dab/arbys/images/puddy.2.jpg

scottjanssens
02-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Nowhere near 5000 tickets would ever be released at a later date. That would be a horrible sales move!

I don't know how many, but tickets are held for each game for players, coaches, MLB executives, group sales, etc. The Sox will "release" the unused tickets to the public for a series some time before the first game of that series. At the beginning of last season that time was two weeks. By the all-star break it was down to a week. By August it was down to 48 hours. I suspect it's this way for all the teams.

fusillirob1983
02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Don't forget the keys...

http://www.users.cloud9.net/~dab/arbys/images/puddy.2.jpg

They start the car.

SoxyStu
02-17-2006, 12:40 PM
If you know the procedure, timing, etc. for how additional tickets are dropped and are able to work through Ticketmaster accordingly, then yes, it is a skill.

A skill? To know when to try to get tickets? A skill? Really?

If you have do some shmoozing, that's a true skill to attain what you want. That, however, makes the acquisition of the tickets the goal, not a skill.

nasox
02-17-2006, 01:18 PM
A skill? To know when to try to get tickets? A skill? Really?

If you have do some shmoozing, that's a true skill to attain what you want. That, however, makes the acquisition of the tickets the goal, not a skill.

Yes a skill. You're just jealous because you spend all day on TM and get nothing.

SoxyStu
02-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Yes a skill. You're just jealous because you spend all day on TM and get nothing.

Jealous...Ha! I can't remember the last time I bothered with ticketmaster for ANY type of event. A monkey with a good memory that knows how to use a computer could do your so-called "skill."

jabrch
02-17-2006, 07:08 PM
This is just absolutely FANTASTIC. Now is when JR has a chance to do with the Sox what he did with the Bulls. 2.75 - 3mm fans through the turnstyles, most of that money plunked down long in advance...almost $20 a head for parking. Not to mention all the other asociated revenues...

There's no reason we shouldn't see Kenny have the opportunity to expand the payroll during the season if the opportunity arises. And there is a fairly decent crop of FAs next year that he can pursue.

We're talking about a dynasty baby!!!!

kravdog
02-18-2006, 09:31 AM
This is just absolutely FANTASTIC. Now is when JR has a chance to do with the Sox what he did with the Bulls. 2.75 - 3mm fans through the turnstyles, most of that money plunked down long in advance...almost $20 a head for parking. Not to mention all the other asociated revenues...

There's no reason we shouldn't see Kenny have the opportunity to expand the payroll during the season if the opportunity arises. And there is a fairly decent crop of FAs next year that he can pursue.

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!

Steelrod
02-18-2006, 10:42 AM

He has!

soxinem1
02-20-2006, 01:35 PM
No. The release doesn't say it but the club holds blocks of tickets for full season ticket sales, just as they hold blocks of tickets for their party events (including Core of the Core).

I saw some tickets for the ring ceremony and other "sold out" games if you buy the Ozzie Plan.

I have a few packages left (see link below) for all three sold out Boston games if anyone is interested and a couple more (I will be out of town during the Boston weekend :(: ).

The park holds just over 40,000. The team can never sell 40,000 * 81 games or 3,240,000 tickets as they give away many comps for each game. They could come close to the 3,000,000 paid mark which we nearly reached in 1991. We have about 4,000 (IIRC) seats less due to the reconfiguration of the Upper Deck. I think we will be just over 3,000,000 when all is said and done.

There is also the 'SRO' option too, if need be!!!

NorthSideSox72
02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
FYI, since I didn't see it posted anywhere in here. All 27 Game Plans, all sections, are sold out:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/split_plans.jsp

There are still Ozzies and full season plans for certain sections available, though none come with post-season guarantees.

Flight #24
02-20-2006, 02:19 PM

And let's not forget that he's doing that with a team that's already got a dominant starting 5 locked in for 2007 (and can likely resign the 2 guys that aren't FAs at decent rates beyond that since I dont' see Freddy or Buehrle breaking the bank), has a couple of offensive cornerstones in place for a few years, and will have an opening at one of the easiest position on the field to fill via FA - OF.

whitesoxwin
02-20-2006, 02:30 PM

I haven't heard about the White Sox doing "SRO"'s--not even last season's playoffs.But it is funny there sure are a lot of non-disabled people sitting and standing around in the areas supposedly "RESERVED" for people with disabilities.

DaBears
02-20-2006, 05:26 PM

The Sox dont offer SRO. If they did, the playoffs last year would've beent he time and place.

ilsox7
02-20-2006, 05:32 PM
I haven't heard about the White Sox doing "SRO"'s--not even last season's playoffs.But it is funny there sure are a lot of non-disabled people sitting and standing around in the areas supposedly "RESERVED" for people with disabilities.

Disabled people are allowed to have their party with them. I am not sure what the limit is, but last August I purchased a ticket for me, my father, and my elderly grandfather to sit there.

peeonwrigley
02-20-2006, 05:36 PM
The Sox dont offer SRO. If they did, the playoffs last year would've beent he time and place.

I bought SRO for the Angels game on Memorial Day. I don't know how its determined when to offer it - but they have used it before.

They did not offer SRO for the playoffs.

spiffie
02-20-2006, 05:37 PM
I admit there have been a couple of times when I have stood in the handicapped areas when no wheelchairs have been in there. I swear I already had lower level tickets and was merely being in the shade for a few minutes to avoid heat stroke on a really hot day.

Soxfanspcu11
02-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I bought SRO for the Angels game on Memorial Day. I don't know how its determined when to offer it - but they have used it before.

They offer it for regular season games, not for playoffs, thats it.

DaBears
02-21-2006, 02:12 PM

Thats strange...it specifically said SRO?? I would think if they had it, they would've sold them to the playoff games. It would've been added revenue. I dont think they offered it for any of the Cubs games either. I wonder why memorial day wouldve had SRO and no others?

IlliniSox4Life
02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Thats strange...it specifically said SRO?? I would think if they had it, they would've sold them to the playoff games. It would've been added revenue. I dont think they offered it for any of the Cubs games either. I wonder why memorial day wouldve had SRO and no others?

I had SRO as well for that game. I don't know for sure, but I believe they only offer the SRO for games that aren't that big or sold out before hand. So many people are used to walking up day of game and buying tickets. If the game happens to sell out, it would suck having to turn fans away who drove there with the expectation of buying tickets. However they don't want people to show up to sold out games expecting to be able to buy SRO tickets. This would be why they don't sell them for Cubs/Playoffs.

I've also had SRO tickets in Fenway. Their areas for the "standing room" aren't nearly as nice as the Cell's.

Vernam
02-21-2006, 06:25 PM
I've also had SRO tickets in Fenway. Their areas for the "standing room" aren't nearly as nice as the Cell's.Most of Fenway's actual seating isn't as good as our standing room!

I've had cow-orkers petitioning me for specific games from our season tix, which is a far cry from other years when people often couldn't be bothered. I can't wait to see the full houses . . .

Vernam

Soxfanspcu11
02-21-2006, 07:09 PM

I had standing room for a game in July against Oakland that was sold out, it was a fireworks night and they then offered standing room to us walkups as the place sold out.

As another poster said, I think they only do this for walkups because they do not want to send people away with nothing.

Hitmen77
02-21-2006, 08:39 PM
I had standing room for a game in July against Oakland that was sold out, it was a fireworks night and they then offered standing room to us walkups as the place sold out.

:sahaf
"Lies! All Lies! The Sox only sell out when they play the Cubs. I know this is true because of Chicago television's video of the Cell taken 90 minutes before game time showing empty seats!"

jabrch
02-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Does anyone have an update on what games are sold out now that we are a few days past the public sale date?

spiffie
02-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Does anyone have an update on what games are sold out now that we are a few days past the public sale date?
Because I have a very slow work day today I went into TM and pulled up 2 best available for every home game. Here is the list:
Sun 4/2 CLE - sold out
Tue 4/4 CLE - sold out/NA
Wed 4/5 CLE- Sec 555, Row 8
Fri 4/14 TOR- Sec 156, Row 24
Sat 4/15 TOR- Sec 536, Row 20
Sun 4/16 TOR- Sec 533, Row 20
Mon 4/17 KC - Sec 154, Row 15
Tue 4/18 KC - Sec 148, Row 35
Wed 4/19 KC - Sec 109, Row 14
Fri 4/21 MIN - Sec 100, Row 24
Sat 4/22 MIN - Sec 507, Row 10
Sun 4/23 MIN - Sec 555, Row 8
Wed 5/3 SEA - Sec 155, Row 16
Thu 5/4 SEA - Sec 114, Row 22
Fri 5/5 KC - Sec 156, Row 27
Sat 5/6 KC - Sec 508, Row 18
Sun 5/7 KC - Sec 552, Row 6
Tue 5/9 LAA - Sec 110, Row 26
Wed 5/10 LAA - Sec 155, Row 27
Thu 5/11 LAA - Sec 154, Row 16
Fri 5/19 CHC - Sold out
Sat 5/20 CHC - Sold out
Sun 5/21 CHC - Sold out
Mon 5/22 OAK - Sec 540, Row 17
Tue 5/23 OAK - Sec 154, Row 17
Wed 5/24 OAK - Sec 161, Row 28
Fri 6/2 TEX - Sec 162, Row 27
Sat 6/3 TEX - Sec 555, Row 9
Sun 6/4 TEX - Sec 531, Row 17
Tue 6/6 DET - Sec 110, Row 12
Wed 6/7 DET - Sec 159, Row 27
Thu 6/8 DET - Sec 110, Row 25
Fri 6/9 CLE - Sec 529, Row 20
Sat 6/10 CLE - Sec 508, Row 9
Sun 6/11 CLE - Sec 526, Row 21
Tue 6/20 STL - Sec 529, Row 20
Wed 6/21 STL - Sec 526, Row 13
Thu 6/22 STL - Sec 546, Row 19
Fri 6/23 HOU - Sec 528, Row 21
Sat 6/24 HOU - Sec 507, Row 14
Sun 6/25 HOU - Sec 518, Row 16
Mon 7/3 BAL - Sec 529, Row 19
Tue 7/4 BAL - Sec 162, Row 28
Wed 7/5 BAL - Sec 531, Row 16
Thu 7/6 BAL - Sec 110, Row 21
Fri 7/7 BOS - Sold out
Sat 7/8 BOS - Sold out
Sun 7/9 BOS - Sold out
Fri 7/21 TEX - Sec 527, Row 11
Sat 7/22 TEX - Sec 510, Row 17
Sun 7/23 TEX - Sec 525, Row 19
Mon 7/24 MIN - Sec 528, Row 17
Tue 7/25 MIN - Sec 102, Row 25
Wed 7/26 MIN - Sec 526, Row 5
Tue 8/8 NYY - Sec 554, Row 21
Wed 8/9 NYY - Sec 512, Row 19
Thu 8/10 NYY - Sec 507, Row 17
Fri 8/11 DET - Sec 555, Row 5
Sat 8/12 DET - Sec 552, Row 9
Sun 8/13 DET - Sec 509, Row 8
Mon 8/14 KC - Sec 155, Row 26
Tue 8/15 KC - Sec 149, Row 25
Wed 8/16 KC - Sec 155, Row 14
Thu 8/17 KC - Sec 112, Row 14
Fri 8/25 MIN - Sec 533, Row 19
Sat 8/26 MIN - Sec 554, Row 7
Sun 8/27 MIN - Sec 529, Row 21
Tue 8/29 TB - Sec 148, Row 23
Wed 8/30 TB - Sec 154, Row 30
Thu 8/31 TB - Sec 115, Row 35
Thu 9/7 CLE - Sec 110, Row 22
Fri 9/8 CLE - Sec 535, Row 15
Sat 9/9 CLE - Sec 507, Row 9
Sun 9/10 CLE - Sec 528, Row 19
Mon 9/18 DET - Sec 154, Row 23
Tue 9/19 DET - Sec 115, Row 22
Wed 9/20 DET - Sec 109, Row 13
Thu 9/21 SEA - Sec 113, Row 16
Fri 9/22 SEA - Sec 159, Row 19
Sat 9/23 SEA - Sec 528, Row 20
Sun 9/24 SEA - Sec 536, Row 21

Cellview22
02-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for doing all that work! Makes it easier for us to see what's available..

I put in bold all the dates that are sold out or guaranteed to sell out quickly (26 dates so far):

Sun 4/2 CLE - sold out
Fri 5/19 CHC - Sold out
Sat 5/20 CHC - Sold out
Sun 5/21 CHC - Sold out
Fri 7/7 BOS - Sold out
Sat 7/8 BOS - Sold out
Sun 7/9 BOS - Sold out
Sun 9/24 SEA - Sec 536, Row 21[/quote]

Sargeant79
02-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Because I have a very slow work day today I went into TM and pulled up 2 best available for every home game.

Your boss must love you.

spiffie
02-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Your boss must love you.
Three-year anniversary coming up soon. Sparkling performance reviews every year. Gets a look of fear and concern if I ever even hint at leaving...so yeah, you can remove the teal from your statement. My boss does love me. Mostly because I do my job well enough to get everything done on time and still be able to spend a few min pulling up useless info like that :tongue:

Sargeant79
02-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Three-year anniversary coming up soon. Sparkling performance reviews every year. Gets a look of fear and concern if I ever even hint at leaving...so yeah, you can remove the teal from your statement. My boss does love me. Mostly because I do my job well enough to get everything done on time and still be able to spend a few min pulling up useless info like that :tongue:

That's very cool. (no teal) Sounds like you've got a pretty good situation there. :D:

comet2k
02-22-2006, 02:37 PM
What a difference a year makes. Last year, in early March, I drove to Sox Park on a Sunday and bought tickets for several games, including Saturday nights and games against some of the better teams, that were around Section 148 (or even closer to home plate).

According to this list, there is one game with seats that good, Aug. 29 vs. Tampa Bay.

I'm glad I saw this coming and bought a 27-game weekend package in November, even though I wound up in the UD over 1st base.

WSox8404
02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Because I have a very slow work day today I went into TM and pulled up 2 best available for every home game. Here is the list:
Sun 4/2 CLE - sold out
Fri 5/19 CHC - Sold out
Sat 5/20 CHC - Sold out
Sun 5/21 CHC - Sold out
Fri 7/7 BOS - Sold out
Sat 7/8 BOS - Sold out
Sun 7/9 BOS - Sold out
Sun 9/24 SEA - Sec 536, Row 21

Nice job. I did the same thing yesterday but for three seats. I hope you did the multiple game thing. It went much faster. Took about 45 mins. There are 27 games with only upper reserved available or sold out, 20 with upper box, 10 with lower reserved, and 24 with lower box. You figure most of the games with uppers will sell out along with some of the ones with lower reserves. I bet the ones with some box tix left will be around 32 to 35 thousand or so. See what happens when we are so anxious to get the season underway but are still a month away? Jeez I can't wait.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-23-2006, 10:43 AM
:tomatoaward