PDA

View Full Version : Guillen rips A-Fraud for WBC decision

palehozenychicty
02-16-2006, 10:31 AM
This is purely beautiful. Vintage Ozzie.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2332682

veeter
02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I love the fact Ozzie has the balls to challenge anybody. The little snipe at Nomar is a nice touch too.

Flight #24
02-16-2006, 10:39 AM
In Nomar's defense, he's playing for Mexico much like Piazza's playing for Italy because his name rhymes with "pizza".

However, there is no defense for ARod. He's like a 14-year old girl trying to make sure she's popular with everyone (no offense to any 14-year old girls here).

Baby Fisk
02-16-2006, 10:41 AM
I love the fact Ozzie has the balls to challenge anybody. The little snipe at Nomar is a nice touch too.
The rip on Nomar should come with a disclaimer for people in offices or cubicles. It's definitely LOL material. :roflmao:

itsnotrequired
02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh man, that's some classic ranting right there.

soxfan13
02-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Beautifully said by ozzie

chaotic8512
02-16-2006, 11:04 AM
In Nomar's defense, he's playing for Mexico much like Piazza's playing for Italy because his name rhymes with "pizza".

However, there is no defense for ARod. He's like a 14-year old girl trying to make sure she's popular with everyone (no offense to any 14-year old girls here).
I am proud to say I speak a little Italian and hope to become fluent after a few more classes. So let me just say Mike Piazza = Mike "town square"... he has nothing to do with pizza, but everything to do with Italy.

Regarding the article, like nearly everyone here, I love it. A man who's not afraid to say what everyone knows already... truly the epitome of White Sox baseball. We tell it like it is.

chaerulez
02-16-2006, 11:15 AM

I think as a Latino Ozzie is upset at these Latinos that are born and raised in America and haven't done much to embrace their heritage but now are representing these countries... the Piazza thing is the same yes and I'm sure Ozzie realizes that but I'm just saying why I think Ozzie chose to single out Nomar.

D. TODD
02-16-2006, 11:15 AM
I love Ozzie as the Sox manager, but he is pretty hypercritical himself. He loves to voice his opinion about everyone and everything in no uncertain terms and that is him just being outspoken. On the other hand he feels hurt when people speak out negatively about him, to the point of contemplating retiring if the Sox win the series. I see him probably being a Billy Martin type manager who will have a hard time staying with one team through the ups and downs of a franchise. He is a media guys dream as he has no problem creating issues and talking **** about almost anything.

kraut83
02-16-2006, 11:33 AM
That last paragraph was hilarious!

Ozzie hasn't exactly made any friends around the league & I'm sure some of these guys will be gunning for us during the season...and that's just the way I like it! :gulp:

Gavin
02-16-2006, 11:49 AM
A-Rod has dual citizenship. Piazza and Nomar don't. I really don't get the point of this stupid rant. Keep your mouth shut for once.

Chisox003
02-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Nothing this guy says shocks me anymore....

That's if I understand it :redneck

That's some funny [expletive] right there.

LuvSox
02-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Ozzie is proud of his heritage, that's all. He doesn't like fake people. I hope he goes off about bandwagon fans this year. That would be funny.

Mickster
02-16-2006, 11:59 AM
A-Rod has dual citizenship. Piazza and Nomar don't. I really don't get the point of this stupid rant. Keep your mouth shut for once.

Agreed.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-16-2006, 12:31 PM
I'll probably get ripped by a lot of you for what I'm about to say. Let me start off with the fact that I love Ozzie Guillen as a manager, a person, and as a whole human being. He really is an authentic personality and is not fake at all.

However, I think he is opening his mouth a little too much. I just feel like he is going to make too many enemies in the business which will comeback to haunt the White Sox in the future. Some free agents may stay away from the Sox because of things he may have said about them, their friends, their ethnicity, etc., in the past.

I'm just amazed at how many reporters, microphones, etc. are around him to get all these quotes from him.

Unregistered
02-16-2006, 12:36 PM
I'll probably get ripped by a lot of you for what I'm about to say. Let me start off with the fact that I love Ozzie Guillen as a manager, a person, and as a whole human being. He really is an authentic personality and is not fake at all.

However, I think he is opening his mouth a little too much. I just feel like he is going to make too many enemies in the business which will comeback to haunt the White Sox in the future. Some free agents may stay away from the Sox because of things he may have said about them, their friends, their ethnicity, etc., in the past.

I'm just amazed at how many reporters, microphones, etc. are around him to get all these quotes from him.I don't know about FA's not wanting to play for Ozzie, but I will say Ozzie shouldn't just go off and talk **** about every single player in baseball that he doesn't like, like he's sitting around posting anonymously on WSI. :cool:

He's king of the world right now, but assuming the Sox don't win the next 10 Championships in a row, his act is going to get real old, real fast and a lot of people are going to turn on him for it. We don't need half of the MLB mudslinging with Ozzie in the press every week during baseball season.

wdelaney72
02-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again, if A-Rod and Nomar are going to be ripped (which I think they should be), Piazza should take an equal beating.

tebman
02-16-2006, 01:01 PM

I'm just amazed at how many reporters, microphones, etc. are around him to get all these quotes from him.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it's a big concern because Ozzie knows how to work the room. Though he might sound like a loose cannon, I think he knows exactly what he's doing when he makes cracks like that.

I saw a quote somewhere about a month ago saying something to the effect that with his relentless jabbering and broken English, Ozzie had been "hiding his intelligence from us" during his playing years. He plays his personality like an instrument -- remember how he became reserved and dignified during the postseason? He also recognizes there's a lot more money to be made if he's perceived as a character and not as a kook.

Now having said that, I hope he doesn't get fined. :tongue:

HotelWhiteSox
02-16-2006, 01:11 PM
The YES Netork Boards response are hilarious

http://boards.yesnetwork.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80585

Ozzie should be fined by the commissioner for these comments.

To me, he should be fined by the MLB or an apology released by the ChiSox as you can and should not attack a player, especially one on another team.

He is an embarrassment to humanity.

I like this, I doubt either party takes it that seriously, and why not add in a little more rivalries.

tebman
02-16-2006, 01:25 PM
He is an embarrassment to humanity.

Now that's rich, coming from the place that gave us Billy Martin.

chaerulez
02-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Now that's rich, coming from the place that gave us Billy Martin.

Or the team that employs Jason Giambi a player who is more than likely back on the juice.

TheOldRoman
02-16-2006, 02:29 PM
I love Ozzie as the Sox manager, but he is pretty hypercritical himself.
:o:

AZChiSoxFan
02-16-2006, 03:08 PM

Comparing A-Fraud to 14 year old girls is an offense to 14 year old girls the world over.

AZChiSoxFan
02-16-2006, 03:13 PM
The YES Netork Boards response are hilarious

http://boards.yesnetwork.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80585

I like this, I doubt either party takes it that seriously, and why not add in a little more rivalries.

Hilarious considering these clowns still think of Jeffrey Maier (sp?) as a hero. What a bunch of losers.

SkeetSkeetAmit
02-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Jim Rome wants to SOX to repeat now because if Ozzie gets another ring, there's going to be NO STOPPING HIM! Oh, that's great! I love it! Let Ozzie speak all he wants! Repeat SOX!

Trav
02-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Jim Rome wants to SOX to repeat now because if Ozzie gets another ring, there's going to be NO STOPPING HIM! Oh, that's great! I love it! Let Ozzie speak all he wants! Repeat SOX!

Does he think that Ozzie just started speaking his mind when we won the series?

Unregistered
02-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Does he think that Ozzie just started speaking his mind when we won the series?I think that's the thinking from the general public. There were a few quotes off that Yankees board that went "Wow, the guy wins 1 World Series and now he can't shut his mouth."

Little do they know, Ozzie hasn't shut his mouth since he took the job. :D:

FarWestChicago
02-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Some of you need to toughen up and quit wringing your hands. That's hysterical stuff. :cool:

HebrewHammer
02-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Isn't Ozzie on vacation?

Did he launch into this tirade while sunning like Namath or does he do a press conference before breakfast, just to warm up for the season?

Can he please launch into an anti BT tirade next?

Lip Man 1
02-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Gene Orza of the MLBPA came out with a statement ripping Ozzie apart over his comments. Included was this line. 'He's right about one thing, he does have a big mouth...'

I saw it right after a story about George Steinbrenner being very unhappy some of his Yankees are playing in the WBC. George basically takes Selig to the woodshed over it.

Lip

SOXSINCE'70
02-17-2006, 05:37 AM
Ozzie hasn't shut his mouth since he took the job. :D:

Hell,Ozzie hasn't shut his mouth since he broke into the
big leagues 21 years ago.:D: :D: He truly is "the mouth that roars".:cool:

chaerulez
02-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Gene Orza of the MLBPA came out with a statement ripping Ozzie apart over his comments. Included was this line. 'He's right about one thing, he does have a big mouth...'

I saw it right after a story about George Steinbrenner being very unhappy some of his Yankees are playing in the WBC. George basically takes Selig to the woodshed over it.

Lip

Gene Orza is just as much of a piece of crap as Donald Fehr and Bud Selig. Maybe Gene doesn't open his mouth because he got a beatdown from Congress when he tried to in the Congress hearings.

ChiSoxLifer
02-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Well, I guess A-Rod will never play for the White Sox as long as Ozzie's coaching.

I love Ozzie and the fact that he's not afraid to speak his mind much like Ditka. We tolerated it until the Bears started losing. Unfortunately, if the Sox ever have a losing season, will we be this tolerant of Ozzie? I know, someone will probably rip me for even considering a losing season. It can happen, ya know?

BainesHOF
02-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Ozzie's the hypocrite. One week after knocking Daly for not minding his own business, Ozzie rips Rodriguez out of the blue.

This stuff with Ozzie is embarrassing, and ultimately reflects more poorly on Ozzie than any of his targets.

Jjav829
02-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Good for Ozzie. He realized that he was way out of line with these comments and apologized today, saying he feels he was wrong to say what he said about Arod. More quotes will come out later but he apologized to Arod, the Yankees and the White Sox. Ozzie really backpedaled from what he said originally, but he should have.

Gammons Peter
02-17-2006, 04:26 PM
He just aplogi

Gammons Peter
02-17-2006, 04:36 PM
He must have been told by Kenny

D. TODD
02-18-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm glad Oz apologized. I wish he didn't add the stupid "shut up" to the third party "it's none of your business". Hell, he was the one that brought all of the "third parties" in. He publically ripped Arod, he didn't speak to him privately. If you are going to throw your opinions around the media, don't be pissed when others call out your comments as being stupid and out of line.

D. TODD
02-18-2006, 10:10 AM
He must have been told by Kenny They said that Kenny asked Ozzie to watch his comments in the future, and he replied "not gonna happen, he got the wrong guy for that". Or something like that.

Lip Man 1
02-18-2006, 12:40 PM
As stated previously I'm sorry he apologized at all. He was right about Rodriguez who happened to be born in Miami.

I guess I missed it in class where it was said that Miami was now part of the Dominican Republic!

Lip

D. TODD
02-18-2006, 01:47 PM
As stated previously I'm sorry he apologized at all. He was right about Rodriguez who happened to be born in Miami.

I guess I missed it in class where it was said that Miami was now part of the Dominican Republic!

Lip His parents were born in the Dominican so he has duel citizenship. Being American does not exclude him from also being a Dominican. Almost every international event has these type of players representing countries they do not currently live in. Ozzie was out of line.

Lip Man 1
02-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Todd:

We'll just have to disagree.

Lip

Layla
02-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Okay, I may be going way out on a limb here (in fact, way out), but maybe there is a sound reasoning behind all this.

Remember how last year Ozzie was the one who took all the heat to keep it off the players?

Maybe he just wants the players to concentrate on spring training rather than hearing 20 times a day "Do you think you'll repeat?" or any other totally obvious question asked by the media.

Trav
02-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Okay, I may be going way out on a limb here (in fact, way out), but maybe there is a sound reasoning behind all this.

Remember how last year Ozzie was the one who took all the heat to keep it off the players?

Maybe he just wants the players to concentrate on spring training rather than hearing 20 times a day "Do you think you'll repeat?" or any other totally obvious question asked by the media.

I thought about that as well but what he said was true so it is a win-win either way for me. I am glad he is a lightning rod. I hope everyone hates us this year. I don't need to have New York pat us on the head in aproval. I wish he wouldn't have apologized and had the Yankees complaining every day about Ozzie. Get them distracted, the Oz can handle it.

SoxyStu
02-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Well, I guess A-Rod will never play for the White Sox as long as Ozzie's coaching.

I love Ozzie and the fact that he's not afraid to speak his mind much like Ditka. We tolerated it until the Bears started losing. Unfortunately, if the Sox ever have a losing season, will we be this tolerant of Ozzie? I know, someone will probably rip me for even considering a losing season. It can happen, ya know?

I think you make a great point....Not that I am hoping for one.