PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 2/17 General Public Ticket Sale Thread

SouthSide_HitMen
02-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Is the box office open for this? The club's website says order online.
Ticket box office hours are posted in a different area but they don't say what date they are open.

I couldn't find the information online via any of the newspapers or the team's website.

Thanks

billcissell
02-16-2006, 11:27 AM
As a member of whitesox.com, I was sent an email saying I could pre-buy single game tickets starting Wednesday. They gave me a password and I went to the site to purchase tickets. No matter what game I choose, I am not allowed to purchase tickets. Is there somewhere that I'm supposed to enter the secret pre-sale password so I can purchase? If so, I haven't been able to find this area. Please help... Thanks.

Scottiehaswheels
02-16-2006, 11:28 AM
As a member of whitesox.com, I was sent an email saying I could pre-buy single game tickets starting Wednesday. They gave me a password and I went to the site to purchase tickets. No matter what game I choose, I am not allowed to purchase tickets. Is there somewhere that I'm supposed to enter the secret pre-sale password so I can purchase? If so, I haven't been able to find this area. Please help... Thanks.

Uh that sale was only for Wednesday...

oeo
02-16-2006, 11:29 AM

It was actually a one day deal...yesterday from 10am till 10pm.

billcissell
02-16-2006, 11:43 AM
That's what I get for procrastinating. I'll try again tomorrow with the general public. Sure hope I can pick up a few tickets for several games. It looks like the Sox are going to be a very popular attraction this season.

IggyD
02-16-2006, 12:03 PM
That's what I get for procrastinating. I'll try again tomorrow with the general public. Sure hope I can pick up a few tickets for several games. It looks like the Sox are going to be a very popular attraction this season.

If you are lucky enough, they will all be in the upper 500 level

SouthSide_HitMen
02-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Today's press release about tomorrow's sale indicates they will NOT be selling them at the park, meaning you WILL have to pay the $4.25 ticketmaster per ticket fee. :angry:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/content/printer_friendly/cws/y2006/m02/d16/c1312899.jsp

Individual-game tickets to 2006 Chicago White Sox home games at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale Friday, February 17 at 10:00 a.m. online at whitesox.com, through Ticketmaster phone lines at (312) 559-1212 and (866) SOX-GAME and at Chicagoland Ticketmaster outlets.

WCCMIKE
02-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Today's press release about tomorrow's sale indicates they will NOT be selling them at the park, meaning you WILL have to pay the $4.25 ticketmaster per ticket fee. :angry:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/content/printer_friendly/cws/y2006/m02/d16/c1312899.jsp

Individual-game tickets to 2006 Chicago White Sox home games at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale Friday, February 17 at 10:00 a.m. online at whitesox.com, through Ticketmaster phone lines at (312) 559-1212 and (866) SOX-GAME and at Chicagoland Ticketmaster outlets.Ugh like it wasn't bad enough i'm gonna have to shell out big bucks just to see the april 4th game:(:

kninchicago
02-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Isn't that game sold out already?

kittle42
02-16-2006, 11:53 PM
I would suggest trying for mid-week afternoon games against TB or KC if you want tickets.

I am preparing for a plethora of complaining tomorrow.

Hangar18
02-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Ugh like it wasn't bad enough i'm gonna have to shell out big bucks just to see the april 4th game:(:

heh hehehe, this games been sold out for some time now.
Start looking at the TB KC midweek games.

Scottiehaswheels
02-17-2006, 09:33 AM
heh hehehe, this games been sold out for some time now.
Start looking at the TB KC midweek games.Were you ever able to find OD tix Hanger?

SoxRox
02-17-2006, 09:37 AM
I called the Sox box office. They will start selling tickets from the windows at 10am on Saturday.

-SoxRox

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 10:05 AM
10:00...let's get it on!

Scottiehaswheels
02-17-2006, 10:09 AM
I pulled a couple singles for the Red Sox games... thought they were sold out?

celicacutie
02-17-2006, 10:10 AM
been at it now for 9 mins. and not one search has gone through.

Sox83Kid
02-17-2006, 10:13 AM
I looked for tix during the pre-sale on Wednesday and just now on whitesox.com. I was able to grab one for the ring ceremony on 4/4 and one for a mid-week afternoon game against Minnesota on 7/26.

I wonder if buying from the season ticket holders will be any better. :?:

jeter2
02-17-2006, 10:15 AM
I pulled a couple singles for the Red Sox games... thought they were sold out?

Hello. This is my first post on here. A good friend of mine by the name of CubHater had invited me over, but I kept holding out.

As far as the singles go, I thought one/all of the NYY games were sold out or didnt have lower lever seating. Luckily, I was able to pluck section 154, 153 and 102 for all three games. Just when I thought I was going to have to go through Stubhub.

Good luck to everyone looking for tickets.

manders_01
02-17-2006, 10:19 AM
I am getting super nervous! I can only get hom for 2 games this year. Since they are against the Cardinals, I figure they will fill up quickly (which according to my search on Ticketmaster, they have been). I'm going with friends to one and then family to the other one. Everyone keeps dragging their feet and we are going to have to get them off StubHub or eBay and pay an upcharge. It's making me not happy!!! :angry:

Scottiehaswheels
02-17-2006, 10:21 AM
wow... thats scary.... I picked 3 yanks games and the word you gotta fill out that popped up was defeat.... doesn't bode well :?:

LongLiveFisk
02-17-2006, 10:24 AM
I got tickets so far for the 7/3 game and the 5/22 game.....still working on more but my fault for not getting my ass in gear two days ago!

AZChiSoxFan
02-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Question regarding the upper deck. Can anyone tell me what the highest row number is, in which you can be sure you won't be behind a post? Also, how many total rows are there in the UD?

itsnotrequired
02-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Question regarding the upper deck. Can anyone tell me what the highest row number is, in which you can be sure you won't be behind a post? Also, how many total rows are there in the UD?

I believe there are 21 rows in the Upper Deck. The roof support columns start at Row 16.

AZChiSoxFan
02-17-2006, 10:40 AM
I believe there are 21 rows in the Upper Deck. The roof support columns start at Row 16.

Great, thanks for the info!!

LongLiveFisk
02-17-2006, 10:55 AM
I managed to get a couple for the 6/23(Friday night) game vs Houston. Can't even get bleachers for St Louis though. :(:

Max Power
02-17-2006, 11:00 AM
I did as well as I had hoped:

First game vs. NYY, decent upper deck
First game vs. HOU, decent upper deck
First game vs. OAK, good upper deck
half price vs. MIN in may, lower deck

roylestillman
02-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Seems to be no wait now. Best bet for good seats seems to be those weekday games not included in the Split Season Hit and Run plan. There are actually some seats downstairs left for some of those games.

Hitmen77
02-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Seems to be no wait now. Best bet for good seats seems to be those weekday games not included in the Split Season Hit and Run plan. There are actually some seats downstairs left for some of those games.

...and there are already some tickets at about face value available on stubhub for weekday games that are included in ST plans.

Sounds like alot of people really want to see the Sox play the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. I'll gladly take a game against say the Rangers or Mariners if it means decent seats at the Cell to see the World Champs. :cool:

NoNeckEra
02-17-2006, 11:30 AM

As an example, I just saw 151 row 3 avail for April 17 vs Royals.
Plus decent seats are still avail for every series(not necessarily every game) except Boston. Seems like all the talk about "selling out the season" was premature. Today is not as big a day as originally thought 'cause most serious ticket buyers had already done their thing.

soxwon
02-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I am getting super nervous! I can only get hom for 2 games this year. Since they are against the Cardinals, I figure they will fill up quickly (which according to my search on Ticketmaster, they have been). I'm going with friends to one and then family to the other one. Everyone keeps dragging their feet and we are going to have to get them off StubHub or eBay and pay an upcharge. It's making me not happy!!! :angry:

AS OF 1:15 PM TODAY
UD SEATS WERE STILL AVAILABLE FOR THE CARDS

SouthSide_HitMen
02-17-2006, 01:38 PM
I looked for tix during the pre-sale on Wednesday and just now on whitesox.com. I was able to grab one for the ring ceremony on 4/4 and one for a mid-week afternoon game against Minnesota on 7/26.

I wonder if buying from the season ticket holders will be any better. :?:

I have a few 5 game packs left (click link below). I'm waiting two people to get back to me. If there are any people wanting tickets to Boston, New York or the Cardinals (all sell outs or near sellouts) and not want to have to deal with scalpers, et al send me an email.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1032086&mode=threaded#post1032086

I also made available Red Sox tickets for Sat and Sun at cost (2 - 4 tickets) if you purchase a package and your choice of a Cubs game for 3 packages purchased. I really like to wrap this up over the weekend and have a couple people trying to decide so if you are interested send me an email. I'll probably pull 2 more for my personal use as well. I had an 81 game plan but can only attend 20 - 30 games. Thanks.

StockdaleForVeep
02-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Unable to get the main tix i wanted(Replica ring night) so i got 2 tix for the twins saturday game in the first month, 6:05 fireworks night, section 555, seats 1-2
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/seating_views/photo_seating_view555.jpg

itsnotrequired
02-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Looks like the Sox did pretty well on Friday:

The White Sox sold 26,000 tickets Friday in the first hour of their sale of individual game tickets.

That was merely the latest in a series of ticket sale milestones for the Sox, who sold more than 108,000 individual game tickets this week through the pre-sale to their season ticket-holders and to those who registered on the team's Web site. Overall, they have sold more than 2 million.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0602180119feb18,1,5687823.story?coll=chi-sportswhitesox-hed

I wonder home many people went to buy on Friday and were blown away at how many games were either sold out or available only in the Upper Deck.